PDA

View Full Version : Well Offically Frank Gore is most productive back from 2005 draft

dlockz
12-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Has started 14 games and has 1955 yards rushing as well as 515 yards receiving. Gore actually has 40 less rushes than our Ronnie Brown and 260 more rushing yards. Caddy now has 1950 yards with over a 100 more carries.

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 03:08 AM
:yes:

Gore has been doing this for a long time since his days at Coral Gables High in Miami, and the U..this kid is the real deal

ill take him over Ronnie anyday of the week

twice on sundays

dlockz
12-15-2006, 03:13 AM
:yes:

Gore has been doing this for a long time since his days at Coral Gables High in Miami, and the U..this kid is the real deal

ill take him over Ronnie anyday of the week

twice on sundays

Well I had reservations about Gore and his injuries but so far he has been the vastly superior back.

HysterikiLL
12-15-2006, 03:32 AM
I love Ronnie, and I think he will be a good pick, but looking back at that draft, I just don't think the "elite prospects" stack up to a pile of donkey crap. I mean, look at last draft -- imagine if Reggie Bush was available at 2 when we drafted Ronnie like he was when New Orleans picked at 2!

Gore is a great back. I think a lot of people felt he had the talent to be what he is being but the injuries were the certain cause for concern. Glad to see he's doing well though.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 05:50 AM
I love Ronnie, and I think he will be a good pick, but looking back at that draft, I just don't think the "elite prospects" stack up to a pile of donkey crap. I mean, look at last draft -- imagine if Reggie Bush was available at 2 when we drafted Ronnie like he was when New Orleans picked at 2!

Gore is a great back. I think a lot of people felt he had the talent to be what he is being but the injuries were the certain cause for concern. Glad to see he's doing well though.

Reggie hasnt even been a good back other than one game.

DonShula84
12-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Reggie hasnt even been a good back other than one game.

He hasnt been very good running the ball in any game

Alex44
12-15-2006, 06:43 AM
He hasnt been very good running the ball in any game

Honestly I know he had 4 TD's that game but I have no clue how he got them, either way you may be right on that.

@@@
12-15-2006, 07:08 AM
He hasnt been very good running the ball in any gameDidn't he have like 120 on 6 carries the other week? but other than that he's been poor running the ball, just not hitting the hole hard enough, gotta get into the open before you start all the stutter steps.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 07:39 AM
Didn't he have like 120 on 6 carries the other week? but other than that he's been poor running the ball, just not hitting the hole hard enough, gotta get into the open before you start all the stutter steps.

He's never had a game like that, I tried looking it up and I couldnt find it.

Anyway I said it before the draft. Unless he changes his running style he wont be a good pro running back.

@@@
12-15-2006, 07:50 AM
He's never had a game like that, I tried looking it up and I couldnt find it.

Anyway I said it before the draft. Unless he changes his running style he wont be a good pro running back.My bad, i was reading his receiving stats from the Dallas game

phinphan896
12-15-2006, 11:47 AM
we should have drafted gore :(

MoFinz
12-15-2006, 12:05 PM

Yeah, because Yatil Green showed us how productive a kid from the U with major knee surgeries bounces back to perform in the NFL

C'mon man, use your head. With all the available data, Ronnie was the best pick for us at that spot at that time. Second guessers step to the rear please
:mad:

@@@
12-15-2006, 12:07 PM
we should have drafted gore :(Gore went before our 3rd rounder so we'd have had to use a 2 and given how desperate we were for a running back we simply couldn't have taken a risk on a medical red flag like gore, saban would have been crucified

Vertical Limit
12-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Frank Gore also has a good, run blocking offensive line that people always underestimate. Larry Allen by himself is better than 4 of our offensive line's strength put together.

I'll take Ronnie Brown over Frank Gore, anytime, 4 times on Sundays. Ronnie Brown is the better runningback, and has more physical tools than Frank Gore. He hasn't been able to show any of this because our offensive line is too inconsistent, along with our play calling. There's just no balance on this offensive line yet to name Frank Gore the better running back; though he is our best offensive player in our entire roster.

tucker
12-15-2006, 12:52 PM
just imagine if gore never blew out his knees..

phinphan896
12-15-2006, 01:03 PM
just imagine if gore never blew out his knees..
i guarantee you he would have been the first pick in which ever draft he was taken in. As a true freshman in college gore:

"As a true freshman for the University of Miami in 2001, Gore totaled 562 yards with five touchdowns on 62 carries (9.1-yard avg), the third-best season total in school history by a freshman and was named SportingNews Big East Freshman of the Year. Gore suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee before spring practice in 2002 spent the 2002 season recovering from knee surgery." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gore)

phinphan896
12-15-2006, 01:08 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Letvig0VFaY (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jBEzSsNS2fI)

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Frank Gore also has a good, run blocking offensive line that people always underestimate. Larry Allen by himself is better than 4 of our offensive line's strength put together.

I'll take Ronnie Brown over Frank Gore, anytime, 4 times on Sundays. Ronnie Brown is the better runningback, and has more physical tools than Frank Gore. He hasn't been able to show any of this because our offensive line is too inconsistent, along with our play calling. There's just no balance on this offensive line yet to name Frank Gore the better running back; though he is our best offensive player in our entire roster.
i don't agree with that. gore definitely has more physical tools. i think he was called the most talented runningback ever out of the miami area. that's not bad at all. and he's showing it now in the NFL.

if not for injuries, he probably would've been drafted in the top 5.

phinphan896
12-15-2006, 01:29 PM
he would have been freaky good

NJL52
12-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, because Yatil Green showed us how productive a kid from the U with major knee surgeries bounces back to perform in the NFL

C'mon man, use your head. With all the available data, Ronnie was the best pick for us at that spot at that time. Second guessers step to the rear please
:mad:

The results of 1 person means that everybody else from Miami will turn out that way.........

And if Gore didn't tear both of his ACLs then he would have revolutionized the running back position. In high school he was better then most college seniors. I have never seen a talent like Gore.

NJL52
12-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh yea, what's realy nice, his cousin is a true freshman in HS and put up 160 yards on the best hs team in the nation, Northwestern.

phinphan896
12-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Oh yea, what's realy nice, his cousin is a true freshman in HS and put up 160 yards on the best hs team in the nation, Northwestern.
jahari gore. hes might transfer out of columbus and end up playing for northwestern

NewEra8
12-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Now the only question is, how many years can 'The inconvenient truths' knee's hold up....

COMEBACKRICKY
12-15-2006, 02:39 PM
jahari gore. hes might transfer out of columbus and end up playing for northwestern

do you think he;ll play for the U?

tucker
12-15-2006, 02:46 PM
i remember wathing him as a freshman and just standing in awe at the way he would run...i just hope the niners give him a new contract in the near future b/c he is one person who would desrve it...you know his knees wont hold up long so hopefully he can get one big pay day before his knees give out....

FINdestructible
12-15-2006, 03:21 PM
No doubt he's a extremely good RB. If he continues this way he could become a great RB, but we can't second guess picking Ronnie instead of Gore(if we were given the oppourtunity), because as much as i love the U, & as much as i was a Gore fan, he was coming to the NFL with some major baggage(knees).

We all would've been up in arms if we would have drafted him.

PhinFan0202
12-15-2006, 03:46 PM
It's awesome for him to be doing this good after tearing his ACL in both knees. I don't think anyone really saw this much production coming out of Frank Gore. I thought he would have been a 3rd down back if anything but he's much more than that, the kid is a star.

FinsNCanes
12-15-2006, 04:06 PM
It's 1 year..

Yes..keep reading that over and over again till it sinks in.

On a sidenote..Bush is overrated.

MoFinz
12-15-2006, 05:03 PM
The results of 1 person means that everybody else from Miami will turn out that way.........

And if Gore didn't tear both of his ACLs then he would have revolutionized the running back position. In high school he was better then most college seniors. I have never seen a talent like Gore.

For the second overall pick? C'mon man, use your head

Gore might have been this or that, but the fact is you dont EVER use a #2 overall on a guy who just had his knee totally reconstructed. If you do, you must be named Matt Millen, cuz thats an idiots call.

PhinzN703
12-15-2006, 05:37 PM

here we go again. So for every guy who is good that we had the chance to draft (probably over 100 guys), it's our fault we missed out on them?

C'mon!

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 09:57 AM
For the second overall pick? C'mon man, use your head

Gore might have been this or that, but the fact is you dont EVER use a #2 overall on a guy who just had his knee totally reconstructed. If you do, you must be named Matt Millen, cuz thats an idiots call.
ur ryt but if he would have stayed healthy we would have gotten a special back with the number 2 overall pick. i dont blame anyone for not taking gore. its just that if you look at what hes doing its incredible. Hes right up there with LJ and LT. Hes averaging 5.5 yards per carry. Thats the most in the nfl for a RB

Benched
12-16-2006, 10:05 AM
ur ryt but if he would have stayed healthy we would have gotten a special back with the number 2 overall pick. i dont blame anyone for not taking gore. its just that if you look at what hes doing its incredible. Hes right up there with LJ and LT. Hes averaging 5.5 yards per carry. Thats the most in the nfl for a RB While I agree that Gore is an excellent back and probably will continue to be, take a look at the Niners schedule from this year. They have quite possibly the easiest schedule in the league. They play Arizona, St. Louis and Seattle twice this year. The few tough teams the Niners played this season he had some pretty mediocre games. The only tough game they played in which he posted more than 100 yards was against the Bears. Against San Diego, he only had 55 yards. Against Kansas City, he barely topped the 60 yard mark. The overall seasonal numbers may be there but I wouldn't compare him to the great ones just yet.

dlockz
12-16-2006, 07:22 PM

Tools don't always equal yards. gore does not have a good oline so lets not play that card. If you took Ronnie the last two sundays you had a big fat zero for yardage. As for Larry Allen he has only started 9 games and is not the great player that he was. Gore is easily the better back at this point.

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Tools don't always equal yards. gore does not have a good oline so lets not play that card. If you took Ronnie the last two sundays you had a big fat zero for yardage. As for Larry Allen he has only started 9 games and is not the great player that he was. Gore is easily the better back at this point. :yeahthat: