PDA

View Full Version : FF Tactics Advance- AMAZING

Majpain
12-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Wow, thats all I cay right now. This game is amazing. This maybe the game that gets me into FF.

Also Mor do you know any Xbox 360 mods that allow you to use your X360 controller on the PC?

mor911
12-15-2006, 07:52 PM
the 360 wired controller will work on your PC with drivers... No mods needed. Hell, Microsoft gives away the damn drivers. The wireless controller requires a PC wireless controller adapter. No mod to do that yet (that I know of) even with the play and charge kit it doesn't work.

Majpain
12-15-2006, 07:55 PM
the 360 wired controller will work on your PC with drivers... No mods needed. Hell, Microsoft gives away the damn drivers. The wireless controller requires a PC wireless controller adapter. No mod to do that yet (that I know of) even with the play and charge kit it doesn't work.

Hmm I have a wireless controller but it has the corded attachment. Where are these drivers?

mor911
12-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Hmm I have a wireless controller but it has the corded attachment. Where are these drivers?doesn't work with the wireless controller... not even with the corded attachment (the play and charge kit). It must be a wired controller.

Majpain
12-15-2006, 08:19 PM
doesn't work with the wireless controller... not even with the corded attachment (the play and charge kit). It must be a wired controller.
:boohoo: God that sucks.

I saw some program that allowed you to use the xbox controller.
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Archive/xbcd.htm

mor911
12-15-2006, 08:38 PM
that's for the regular Xbox. I did that to my ReXbox controller. Essentially the regular Xbox's controllers were simply USB controllers with a different USB fitting. It's a simple mod.

Dolfan984
12-15-2006, 08:52 PM
FFT rules. It's the same world as FF12. :D

Ninja's rule trust me as soon as you can get one get it.

Majpain
12-15-2006, 09:35 PM
FFT rules. It's the same world as FF12. :D

Ninja's rule trust me as soon as you can get one get it.

Ugh I dont want to train a theif :lol: Ninjas did rule in Tactic Ogre: Knight of Lodis. The only thing I hate about FFA is Judge and the penaltys.

Dolfan984
12-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Ugh I dont want to train a theif :lol: Ninjas did rule in Tactic Ogre: Knight of Lodis. The only thing I hate about FFA is Judge and the penaltys.

Two words. Double attack.

Lancer for Ramza I believe. I had some random chick be my ninja.

Man this makes me want to go play FFT again. I only beat it once.....

Is there the Cloud and Aeris FFT Advance????

Majpain
12-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Double attack? Also what do JP points do? I do a combo and it only did regular damg : /

illscriptures
12-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Hmm I have a wireless controller but it has the corded attachment. Where are these drivers?

I have a wired controller and would like to know.

Dolfan984
12-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Double attack? Also what do JP points do? I do a combo and it only did regular damg : /

Ninja's get double attack. It's nasty. It's been like 7 years since I played that bro it was for PS1.

All I remember is I made Ramza a lancer. Caluculators are ridiculous if you know how to use them, and Ninja's are ridiculous damage.

Majpain
12-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Ninja's get double attack. It's nasty. It's been like 7 years since I played that bro it was for PS1.

All I remember is I made Ramza a lancer. Caluculators are ridiculous if you know how to use them, and Ninja's are ridiculous damage.

Is this on FFA too? This double attack? Let me guess the double attack take JP?

Dolfan984
12-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Is this on FFA too? This double attack? Let me guess the double attack take JP?

Nope it's just a standard attack for the ninja. I can't tell you if this is the case on FFTA but I know it is for the PS1 version. I wonder if they're any different.

Mike13
12-16-2006, 01:21 PM

Thye'll be used for Summons, and different chracters can join in on the combo if they are next to the enemy.

Majpain
12-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Aww tis true the Wiresless doesnt work :cry:

Damn I wanted to play Legend of Dragoon too.

TrueDolFan
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Nope it's just a standard attack for the ninja. I can't tell you if this is the case on FFTA but I know it is for the PS1 version. I wonder if they're any different.

It is a standard ability for Ninjas in FFTA.

The main difference between FFT and FFTA is that in FFTA, you gain abilities from your weapons, and you don't have to learn the ability in order to use it, provided you equip the weapon that has the ability.

Let's say that you have a Ninja, and you want the Double Sword ability. The weapon that you get the ability from is the Nosada. To use the Double Sword ability, you only need to equip the Nosada. But, to learn it and be able to use the ability without equipping the Nosada, you need to earn 900 JP while the Nosada is equipped.

FFTA is a great game, almost as good as the original FFT.

TrueDolFan
12-18-2006, 10:56 AM

The Viera class Assassin is HANDS DOWN the best character class in the game. The Last Breath ability will insantly KO just about any character. Have your Assassin equipped with Concentrate, and you have an unstoppable killing machine.

My party of choice is 3 Assassins, and 3 Ninjas. Equip everybody with Angel Rings (nullifies almost all status ailments, and gives you Auto-Life). You don't need magic with that party. The battles won't last long enough to require you to heal anybody, and if you die, Auto-Life will bring you right back.

Majpain
12-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Yes I like the Viera Class. Though I abousletly hate the Ninja Skills early on. The veil Techs are so horrid. Good thing I have Warrior techs as a back. Also I love the Dragoon and Gladiator combo.

TrueDolFan
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Ninja abilities aren't that great, but I like units with speed. I like to start the battle with all of my units going first. Plus, a ninja with 2 Masamunes will kill nearly any enemy with one attack.

Give your ninjas Strikeback. If anybody tries to physically attack you, they die.

The only better character class in the game is an Assassin with Sharpshoot secondary abilities, Concentrate, and Reflex. Give her a ribbon and an angel ring, and you got the best character available.

Majpain
12-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm not that far in it to get those techs.