PDA

View Full Version : Another lightly sentenced animal cruelty case

Miamian
12-16-2006, 04:31 PM
he gets to wear a dog outfit for shooting his dog in the head (http://news.aol.com/strange/story/_a/man-must-wear-costume-for-shooting-dog/n20061215161409990004?cid=936)

Mike13
12-16-2006, 10:15 PM
So he has to dress up like Scruff McGruff so he can get a reduced sentence.
:shakeno: The judge must have been a pothead.

themole
12-16-2006, 10:36 PM
So what if the mans excuse was, he had planned to eat the dog? Is there a crime there now? If so, You are going to have a lot of fish, deer, cows, sheep, chickens...the list goes on, lineing up the file suit.

Maybe the dog was sick and the owner didn't want to see it suffer any longer.

FinSinceBirth
12-17-2006, 01:10 AM
I live in the country and if your animal is sick, dying, or causing problems it's not unusual for them to shoot the animal. It depends on how people are raised.

themole
12-17-2006, 01:31 AM
I live in the country and if your animal is sick, dying, or causing problems it's not unusual for them to shoot the animal. It depends on how people ar raised.

That's the way I see it too.

FinSinceBirth
12-17-2006, 01:38 AM
That's the way I see it too.

I see you live in Palatka, I live in hawthorne myself. So you know we know where each other is coming from.

The only thing I have a problem with, is that it said they heard the animal crying and took it to the vet. That implies it didn't die right away which is awful because it suffered. Unless the called the police right after it happened.

themole
12-17-2006, 02:07 AM
I see you live in Palatka, I live in hawthorne myself. So you know we know where each other is coming from.

The only thing I have a problem with, is that it said they heard the animal crying and took it to the vet. That implies it didn't die right away which is awful because it suffered. Unless the called the police right after it happened.

SUP neighbor? I don't want to give the impression that I have no compassion for helpless animals. At times it seems the animal rights people just take things to far.

Have you been in Hawthorne very long? Perhaps you know the Surrencys? Rick, is a principal of one our middle schools and a friend of mine.

Miamian
12-17-2006, 03:56 AM
It's a valid point that the animal may have been suffering, but that's what euthenasia is for. Even if people follow certain customs that cannot be an excuse for breaking the law.

We don't know that it's the case here, but sometimes people have their pets put down rather than face expensive veterinary bills for treatments that will enable the animal to live a healthy life, just like humans. A former roommate of mine wanted to do that to his dog and his mother rebuked him for it and I told him I agree with her.

FinSinceBirth
12-17-2006, 02:21 PM
SUP neighbor? I don't want to give the impression that I have no compassion for helpless animals. At times it seems the animal rights people just take things to far.

Have you been in Hawthorne very long? Perhaps you know the Surrencys? Rick, is a principal of one our middle schools and a friend of mine.

No I moved to Hawthorne about 5 years ago. I don't really know many people here either.

NaboCane
12-18-2006, 03:35 AM
Story says the guy shot his dog and left him crying so that the neighbors heard and had to come to his aid.

That's not the act of a man putting his friend out of his misery.

This sick son of a ***** should be shot in a kneecap and dropped off in a remote part of some state park, left to try to find someone to help him.