PDA

View Full Version : New York Knicks Denver Nuggets Fight!!!

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Carmelo is a little *****. I hope he gets suspended for a long time. Nate Robinson is a stud and knocked the **** out of JR Smith.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:11 PM
yeah i heard 10 players got ejected

Cool Calm Mike
12-16-2006, 11:12 PM
The NBA is full of role models for kids.

phinphan896
melos a little punk

King Felix
denver ejected players:Melo, Najera, JR Smith, Camby, and Nene

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:13 PM
he takes a cheap shot and then runs lyk a little be eye tee cee eich

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:14 PM
carmelo dropped mardy collins

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:15 PM
carmelo dropped mardy collins
by taking a cheap shot. Nate robinson dropped jr smith

Cool Calm Mike
12-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Thug life NBA!

They are supposed to be professional players, not thugs. Ridiculous.

The NBA has gone so downhill.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Thug life NBA!

They are supposed to be professional players, not thugs. Ridiculous.

The NBA has gone so downhill.yeah cuz only thugs get in fights:rolleyes:

i guess brett boone is a thug for getting in a fight with vlad guerrerro

ChambersWI
12-16-2006, 11:22 PM
yeah cuz only thugs get in fights:rolleyes:

i guess brett boone is a thug for getting in a fight with vlad guerrerro

no actually Boone is a Gashead. He probably got into the fight because the roids started to kick in.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:23 PM
no actually Boone is a Gashead. He probably got into the fight because the roids started to kick in.to say the nba is full of thugs because of a fight is rediciolous. and hockey man talk about thugs, they get in fights every game.

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:26 PM
too bad jeffries didnt get to carmelo. Man i hate that guy. I dont know why DWade and Lebron even want to associate themselves with him

Cool Calm Mike
12-16-2006, 11:26 PM
to say the nba is full of thugs because of a fight is rediciolous. and hockey man talk about thugs, they get in fights every game.

NBA = Full of THUGS

My favorite is when they are proud of what they are doing, you know like pounding their chest and holding their chest out challenging the guy to come after him even when it's over.

That's great, very professional.

Fresh
12-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey you (Mardy Collins), young man......

YOU GOT KNOCKED.. THE.. ****.. OUT!!!!!!!

But yeah, I don't like Melo either. He's a *****. I hope he gets suspended for a long time, and it's a shame Jared Jeffries didn't get a fair shot at him. I think Jeffries would've handled him pretty well!

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:29 PM

YOU GOT KNOCKED.. THE.. ****.. OUT!!!!!!!fo real..........carmelo one of my favorite players only non-blazer i got a jersey of.......he scrambled after that though......i heard nate robinson and jr smith had beef from EBC

305TillIDie
12-16-2006, 11:30 PM
NBA = Full of THUGS

My favorite is when they are proud of what they are doing, you know like pounding their chest and holding their chest out challenging the guy to come after him even when it's over.

That's great, very professional.Nascar= gets in fights

Hockey= gets in fights

and other sports= gets in fights

NBA gets in a fight, they are called thugs and punks but when dudes from nascar gets in fights and other sports..its nothing

get the **** outta here with that

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:30 PM

YOU GOT KNOCKED.. THE.. ****.. OUT!!!!!!!

But yeah, I don't like Melo either. He's a *****. I hope he gets suspended for a long time, and it's a shame Jared Jeffries didn't get a fair shot at him. I think Jeffries would've handled him pretty well!
by a cheap shot.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:31 PM
melo was smart by running

the more you fight=the more games he is suspended

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:32 PM
NEW YORK -- Ten players, including NBA scoring leader Carmelo Anthony (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3706), were ejected for fighting during a wild brawl near the end of Saturday night's game between the Denver Nuggets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=den) and New York Knicks.
All 10 players on the court at the time were tossed for their involvement in the ugly incident that spread across the court and spilled into the crowd at Madison Square Garden.
Anthony scored 34 points before the melee took place with about 1:15 left in the Nuggets' 123-100 victory over the Knicks.
The fight started after Knicks reserve Mardy Collins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=4157) flagrantly fouled Denver's J.R. Smith (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3835). With punches being thrown by several players, the hitting and grabbing continued for several minutes before coaches and security ran onto the court and finally restored order.
Anthony was involved in a fight with the Knicks' Nate Robinson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3947), who jumped into to jaw at Smith after the foul. Both Smith and Robinson ended up flying into the stands in the NBA's ugliest scene since the brawl between Pacers players and Detroit fans in 2004.
With each team forced to put five new players on the floor, Denver finished up the win and ended a two-game losing streak. Marcus Camby (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3084) had 24 points and nine rebounds, and Andre Miller (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3331) added 12 points and 10 assists for the Nuggets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2699893

Fresh
12-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Nate Robinson.. that lil' guy's got heart!

GET 'EM NATE!!!!

I wish Carmelo would've gotten DROPPED.

dreday
12-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Melo backed up like he was skerred!:lol: He already knew he was gonna get suspended...Might as well have got in some decent blows...instead ran like a punk.:lol:

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Nate Robinson.. that lil' guy's got heart!

GET 'EM NATE!!!!

I wish Carmelo would've gotten DROPPED.
nate robinson used to play football. did u see carmelo run from jeffries lyk a lil girl

Cool Calm Mike
This wasn't a fight, it was a brawl. It could have ended in two seconds. But no, players from the other side of the court had to come and jump in and start throwing punches.

Players not even involved in the play start to jump in.

In hockey, it's two guys grabbing eachother, then it's over. No after show of chasing other players down the ice.

In Nascar, a guy throws his helmet at someone. Over.

DeathStar
Nascar= gets in fights

Hockey= gets in fights

NBA gets in a fight, they are called thugs and punks but when dudes from nascar gets in fights and other sports..its nothing

i why he calls NBA thugs but not nascar and hockey and other sports fights .............................

and this is the first fight in a couple of years....but they fight more in hockey........

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 11:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=261216018

espn video.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:38 PM
mardy collins legs=jello

Fresh
12-16-2006, 11:39 PM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: @ Jared Jeffries..

Shirt and pants almost dragged off, still going at Melo!

Melo is a ***** though, he was face up with Mardy, didn't do anything. Then, when Mardy turns around, he decks him in the face with the sucker punch. Like the ***** he is, he ran from Jared Jeffries of course.

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 11:39 PM
wow...the fight seems to subside...

then carmelo that little ****head starts it up again with that cheapshot.

he pops a dude and runs away...that ****head.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
carmelo couldve dropped jefferies and nate robinson dont joke yourself....he was smart by stopping

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
mardy collins legs=jello
carmelo = skerred lil girl

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 11:41 PM
carmelo = skerred lil girl

:yeahthat:

who throws a punch and runs away...:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:42 PM

who throws a punch and runs away...:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:
a little b****

DeathStar
melo's reputation just got nailed. he is done with the ads and ****.

should be gone a whole bunch of games.

Fresh
Damn, I just hate Carmelo Anthony.

What a disgrace it is that he's mentioned in the same BREATH as LBJ & Wade. Talent wise, say what you want, but those guys would NEVER let a situation get out've control like that. What a classless POS.

305TillIDie
Melo is little ***** though..dude ran like a lil hoe..#25 and Jeffery was after him

Melho :lol:

ChambersWI
12-16-2006, 11:43 PM
ok after seeing the incident.

It was a bad foul on Collins' part, but it did not warrent the reaction JR gave. Nate should've just stayed calm instead of pumping his fists, but Smith went after him so Nate took him down.

And that was a huge cheap shot on Melo's part, if you're going to fight, let it be a fair fight. But I'll admit, I was laughing my *** off watching Melo run from Jeffries as everyone on the Knicks staff tried to hold him back.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:45 PM
lol knicks are a joke

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 11:46 PM
lol knicks are a joke

for what? wtf?

Cool Calm Mike
for what? wtf?

How about, IN GENERAL. :lol:

DeathStar
btw, the nuggets maybe be forced to immediately trade for AI. melo is going to be nailed for a whole bunch of games.

Fresh
12-16-2006, 11:47 PM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: @...

After Mardy Collins threw JR Smith to the floor, HE THREW UP HIS HANDS AS IF HE WAS TRYING TO SHOW THE REFS THAT HE DIDN'T FOUL.

DeathStar
How about, IN GENERAL. :lol:
i can't argue against that :lol:

King Felix
How about, IN GENERAL. :lol::yeahthat:

Fresh
12-16-2006, 11:48 PM
If Melo doesn't get 5-10+ for this, then David Stern is a ***** himself.

If that was Ron Artest, he'd be suspended for at least 25 games. :rolleyes2

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Melo is little ***** though..dude ran like a lil hoe..#25 and Jeffery was after him

Melho :lol:
wow, i wonder how fast he runs his forty. looked lyk a 4.5 tonight:lol:

ChambersWI
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: @...

After Mardy Collins threw JR Smith to the floor, HE THREW UP HIS HANDS AS IF HE WAS TRYING TO SHOW THE REFS THAT HE DIDN'T FOUL.

actually he put his hands up to show he wasn't going to esculate the fight. Had Smith not gotten in Collins face, and then go after Nate, it would'n't ahve gotten to that point, and then Melo did a cheap shot.

Cool Calm Mike
Carmello Anthony doesn't run up into the stands and start full scale riots.

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 11:50 PM
If Melo doesn't get 5-10+ for this, then David Stern is a ***** himself.

If that was Ron Artest, he'd be suspended for at least 25 games. :rolleyes2

stern's gotta come down hard...whenever news people cover this, they will automatically compare it to the palace brawl.

for public image purposes, he will come down hard on him.

King Felix
Carmello Anthony doesn't run up into the stands and start full scale riots.carmelo anthony doesnt have anger problems either

phinphan896
Carmello Anthony doesn't run up into the stands and start full scale riots.
no but carmelo runs away

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:51 PM
chris sheridan just said he thinks 4 games suspension for carmelo, george karl thinks a little more

Cool Calm Mike
no but carmelo runs away

Yeah, he should have followed up his actions with stabbing him. :rolleyes:

Fresh
carmelo anthony doesnt have anger problems either
He's officially the biggest ***** in the league.

I wish him nothing but an unsuccessful career.

DonShula84
12-16-2006, 11:52 PM

:lol:

I missed the fight because I was writing a paper! :boohoo:

King Felix
no but carmelo runs awayrunning away is worse than what ron artest did in the palace? is that what you're trying to say?

DeathStar
He's officially the biggest ***** in the league.

I wish him nothing but an unsuccessful career.

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 11:53 PM

I missed the fight because I was writing a paper! :boohoo:
i got ya covered.:D

espn video.

Pink_Dove
12-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Nascar= gets in fights

Hockey= gets in fights

The hockey argument is hocum. It's a contact sport, less and less mind you, but players are still supposed to hit each other and fight if necessary. It's accepted, part of the game and has always been. As for NASCAR, no offense to the fans, but if the NBA starts looking at Nascar to set the bar, they're in trouble.

In the NBA's case you certainly didn't see Magic, Kareem or Bird get into brawls every second year. Now you've got these punks that go around, start throwing rights and lefts and pump their chests about it. Thank god you still have role models like Chris Bosh, D-Wade and Lebron that can carry themselves around and act like MEN.

ChambersWI
12-16-2006, 11:54 PM
I find these fights entertaining. Sure, it's bad for America's youth, but watching it is great.

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah, he should have followed up his actions with stabbing him. :rolleyes:
what kind of soft-*** p**** throws a punch in a guys face and then runs lyk a little b****

ChambersWI
12-16-2006, 11:55 PM
In the NBA's case you certainly didn't see Magic, Kareem or Bird get into brawls every second year. Now you've got these punks that go around, start throwing rights and lefts and pump their chests about it. Thank god you still have role models like Chris Bosh, D-Wade and Lebron that can carry themselves around and act like MEN.

Larry Bird would get into a lot of physical altercations. He duked it out with Dr. J and Kurt Rambis.

Majpain
Lol Carmelo is a *****. Did you see when Nate ran up to him Melo backed off then ran to the locker room. Wow Props to Nate.

phinphan896
i know someone who i wouldnt want on my side of a fight

DonShula84
12-16-2006, 11:56 PM
i got ya covered.:D

espn video.

:woot:

Nate Robinson is the coolest. JR takes him down pretty easily though :lol:

Cool Calm Mike
12-16-2006, 11:56 PM
what kind of soft-*** p**** throws a punch in a guys face and then runs lyk a little b****

Obviously a person smart enough to not get suspended from the league for an entire season.

Contrary to what you believe, the NBA isn't a fighting league.

I can't believe you wanted to see more than the filth that happened tonight. You wanted to see another full scale riot didn't you? :shakeno:

Did you want to see Anthony hit someone with a chair, or punch a fan in the face?

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Obviously a person smart enough to not get suspended from the league for an entire season.

I can't believe you wanted to see more than the filth that happened tonight. You wanted to see another full scale riot didn't you? :shakeno:

Did you want to see Anthony hit someone with a chair, or punch a fan in the face?
no, but if hes gonna throw a punch he should gifht like a man instead of running like the little coward he is

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:59 PM

Did you want to see Anthony hit someone with a chair, or punch a fan in the face?:yeahthat:

ChambersWI
12-16-2006, 11:59 PM
:woot:

Nate Robinson is the coolest. JR takes him down pretty easily though :lol:

well JR is a foot taller than him, and it looks to me like Nate took him down.

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 12:00 AM

nice job defending him.

so its okay to throw a punch and run away like a little girl.

bad reputation for melo now. a little ***** he is now.

Vertical Limit
Both these teams should get the Indiana Pacers' treatment. This is embarrassing to the league; you're a bunch of professionals earning a living for playing a game.

Carmelo, you embarrassed yourself for running like a damn idiot on National Television. Jesus, grow some balls. :shakeno:

I never liked Carmelo, and this just makes him look more pathetic.

Cool Calm Mike
no, but if hes gonna throw a punch he should gifht like a man instead of running like the little coward he is

LOL, I doubt he cares about his "street rep" in a basketball game. As long as he puts the ball in the basket, nobody will give a crap.

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 12:03 AM
LOL, I doubt he cares about his "street rep" in a basketball game. As long as he puts the ball in the basket, nobody will give a crap.

he loses $$$$$$$$$$ from endorsements. thats huge for him.

but he did sign a 5 year 80 million dollar deal.....

Vertical Limit
12-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Isiah Thomas DOES make a point. For once, I agree with him.

Denver blew out the Knicks from the game, the Knicks pretty much surrendered; what are the Nuggets trying to prove with 2 minutes left still playing leaving their starters in? Trying to embarrass them out of the city? :shakeno: What a classy move!

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 12:07 AM
i think he does, if not he wouldnt have taken marijuana to the airplane. he obviously has issues that need to be resolved

Muck
12-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Looked to me like the dude took the punch, then his teammate kinda threw him to the ground as he chased Melo. Looked like he got hit pretty good with that cheap shot though.

Still, you shoulda watched the fights on HBO tonight if you wanted to see big shots. :yes:

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 12:10 AM

Denver blew out the Knicks from the game, the Knicks pretty much surrendered; what are the Nuggets trying to prove with 2 minutes left still playing leaving their starters in? Trying to embarrass them out of the city? :shakeno: What a classy move!
9 point lead, 119-110 with 75 seconds left...the game wasn't over.

remember Tmac got like 14 points against the spurs in 30 seconds from a couple of years ago.

Vertical Limit
12-17-2006, 12:10 AM
I watched the kick boxing fight on ESPN earlier. This dude got knocked down so hard, his face got lifted. He's going to have to get that fixed. :lol:

Vertical Limit
12-17-2006, 12:11 AM

remember Tmac got like 14 points against the spurs in 30 seconds from a couple of years ago.
Oh my bad, I just listened to what Isiah Thomas said. Didn't really noticed.

Alex44
12-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Mello didnt even punch him :lol: he ***** slapped him. That was a ***** punch.

Muck
12-17-2006, 12:12 AM
I watched the kick boxing fight on ESPN earlier. This dude got knocked down so hard, his face got lifted. He's going to have to get that fixed. :lol:

I saw that too. Just as I was turning to ESPN, I saw the end. Dude jumped into the hardest punch of the other dude's life. :lol:

Dude (puncher) was a big guy too.

ChambersWI
12-17-2006, 12:12 AM

something I just found out is that right before this happened, Denver was doing a bunch of show-off dunks. If true, meh.

Again, when I see the foul, it was a flagrant foul, but Collins just backed away. He didn't stand over him, or taunt him. Smith just went at him. Then Melo punched Collins while he was walking away. That was not cool. No cheap shots. Collins ran after him, but backed off when he realized that Denver's bench was between him and Melo. Though, I do wish Jefferies wouldn't have tripped. He was dragging 5 people on his back, it would've been entertaining to see him get a hold of Melo.

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 12:15 AM
something I just found out is that right before this happened, Denver was doing a bunch of show-off dunks. If true, meh.

Again, when I see the foul, it was a flagrant foul, but Collins just backed away. He didn't stand over him, or taunt him. Smith just went at him. Then Melo punched Collins while he was walking away. That was not cool. No cheap shots. Collins ran after him, but backed off when he realized that Denver's bench was between him and Melo. Though, I do wish Jefferies wouldn't have tripped. He was dragging 5 people on his back, it would've been entertaining to see him get a hold of Melo.
very entertaining:evil:

DonShula84
12-17-2006, 12:15 AM
I thought Robinson was the one who made the fight escalate

King Felix
12-17-2006, 12:17 AM
I thought Robinson was the one who made the fight escalateme too, i was just gonna say that imo nate robinson will get the longest suspension

Cool Calm Mike
12-17-2006, 12:17 AM
I thought Robinson was the one who made the fight escalate

He was essentially challenging the whole Nuggets team on the court to go after him.

No need for raising your fists and pumping your chest out looking for a fight after it was pretty much over.

Go to the streets and do that, thug.

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 12:18 AM
He was essentially challenging the whole Nuggets team on the court to go after him.

No need for raising your fists and pumping your chest out looking for a fight after it was pretty much over.

Go to the streets and do that, thug.
he played college football and doesnt mess around. he would have wooped the whole denver team

PHINATIC13
12-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Noboby wins in this situation,not the players,not the fans and most certainly not the NBA itself.Unfortunately this sort of thing happens from time to time and imo the NBA will come down hard on the individuals involved.I wouldn't be surprised to see suspensions in the 20 game range for the main participants.

Amars
12-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Melo is a idiot. He's good basketball player and didnt need to do that. He probably just cost his team a playoff spot. I bet he get suspended at least 15 games.

Amars
12-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Look like melo just biatch slapped him.

ChambersWI
12-17-2006, 12:21 AM
me too, i was just gonna say that imo nate robinson will get the longest suspension

I think Melo might because he punched a guy that wasn't looking. Nate will get the 2nd longest(JR will probably get the same), and Collins will get atleast the required 1 game suspension for a flagrant.

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 12:41 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

then

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/nba_ap_brawl_412-1.jpg

then

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (in ***** mode)

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 12:43 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/img9875496-1.jpg (started it)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/img9875483-1.jpg (didn't see this one in video)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/img9875448-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (into the stands)

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 12:45 AM
jefferies/nate/smith/melo will get a whole boatload of games.

UCFinfan86
12-17-2006, 12:46 AM

Your right because every sport doesn't have fights? :rolleyes:

So all baseball players are thugs because there are a couple bench clearing brawls a year. What about football? There was just 2 huge fights the last couple of years SC and someone and Miami vs FIU(i believe).

Your statement is ridiculous

King Felix
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
ol jefferies tryin to choke melo

dreday
12-17-2006, 12:51 AM
With the no tolerance policy look for Melo to be out 10 to 20.......Could really effect the AI trade too.Melo used some seriously stupid judgement.He wasnt even involved,and to screw up his season like that.Over a sucker punch.Big dummy.

Cool Calm Mike
12-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Your right because every sport doesn't have fights? :rolleyes:

So all baseball players are thugs because there are a couple bench clearing brawls a year. What about football? There was just 2 huge fights the last couple of years SC and someone and Miami vs FIU(i believe).

Your statement is ridiculous
Yes, just because it is the NBA I think it's wrong. :rolleyes2 In baseball, it's usually the players who start it who are thugs. In college football, the Miami brawl was the biggest act of "thugness" i've seen in sports.

But this thread isn't about those things, it's about the NBA.

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Yes, just because it is the NBA I think it's wrong. :rolleyes2 In baseball, it's usually the players who start it who are thugs. In college football, the Miami brawl was the biggest act of "thugness" i've seen in sports.

But this thread isn't about those things, it's about the NBA.
every sports has brawls, therefore every sport has thugs- according to your logic thats how it works. deductive reasoning ryt. Wrong, if you were losing by 19 points with a minute to go and the other team was starting to showboat by doing reverse dunk and things lyk that you would also retaliate the way the Knicks did. George Karl has a reputation for being an ***hole. I dont blame the knicks players for retaliating. there only so much abuse a person can take. carmelo anthony is a cowardly little P****y. i will never look at him the same.

Skeet84
12-17-2006, 01:08 AM
I would like to see nate knock him out!!! That really is horrible. I seen Melo run from collins LOL

Cool Calm Mike
12-17-2006, 01:09 AM
every sports has brawls, therefore every sport has thugs- according to your logic thats how it works. deductive reasoning ryt. Wrong, if you were losing by 19 points with a minute to go and the other team was starting to showboat by doing reverse dunk and things lyk that you would also retaliate the way the Knicks did. George Karl has a reputation for being an ***hole. I dont blame the knicks players for retaliating. there only so much abuse a person can take. carmelo anthony is a cowardly little P****y. i will never look at him the same.

There are thugs in every sport.

The NBA has more than all of those sports.

That fight could have lasted one minute, but instead escalated to a brawl because of thugs who wanted to fight.

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 01:09 AM
yep, his reputation is done.

UCFinfan86
12-17-2006, 01:19 AM

That fight could have lasted one minute, but instead escalated to a brawl because of thugs who wanted to fight.

There are more fights in baseball then in basketball. Also if i remember correctly in the past few seasons there have been 2 major fights in both basketball and football.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some thugs in the NBA, but to use this as a generalization for the whole NBA isn't right.

Amars
12-17-2006, 01:22 AM

I think every sports have their fair share of thugs. The NFL I think has more granted they have more players. Just to throw out some names Ray Caruth, OJ Simpons, Tank Johnson, Ray Lewis...

Cool Calm Mike
12-17-2006, 01:23 AM
There are more fights in baseball then in basketball. Also if i remember correctly in the past few seasons there have been 2 major fights in both basketball and football.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some thugs in the NBA, but to use this as a generalization for the whole NBA isn't right.
I used "full of thugs" as a figure of speech. I didn't mean it as every single NBA player is a thug. But there are a lot, like you admitted.

Roman529
12-17-2006, 01:37 AM
I watched the entire Knicks-Noguts game and the media is making this out to be like Ali-Frazier II....c'mon!!!!!! I have seen better hits at a girl's slumber party than this.

Did anyone connect on any punches? NOOOOO

Did Nate Robinson do anything? NOOOO, he is not Calvin Murphy...a midget who really could throw punches.

I am sure Sportscenter has shown this "supposed brawl" at least 50 times tonight.....all it was was a flagrant foul by a Knick's player against a Nugget's player who had previously thrown down a great dunk on the Knicks.

They keep saying Carmello "threw a haymaker"....yeah Mello took a swing and came up hitting nothing but air. This was not Kermit Washington destroying Thomjanovic's face.

Then as usual the refs overreacted and sent all the starters to the locker room....talk about a big deal about nothing.

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 01:42 AM
he hit the dude when he swung.

dreday
12-17-2006, 01:47 AM
I watched the entire Knicks-Noguts game and the media is making this out to be like Ali-Frazier II....c'mon!!!!!! I have seen better hits at girl's slumber parties than this.

Did Nate Robinson do anything? NOOOO, he is not Calvin Murphy...a midget who really could throw punches.

I am sure Sportscenter has shown this "supposed brawl" at least 50 times tonight.....all it was was a flagrant foul against a Nugget's player who had previously thrown down a great dunk on the Knicks.

They keep saying Carmello "threw a haymaker"....yeah Mello took a swing and came up hitting nothing but air. This was not Kermit Washington destroying Thomjanovic's face.

Then as usual the refs overreacted and sent all the starters to the locker room....talk about a big deal about nothing.

Granted it wasnt a knockout punch,Melo did swing and connect to his jaw,and with the no-tolerance policy hes looking at some time off to kick it with his boys.Stern has to suspend him at least 10,or he looks silly.

Roman529
12-17-2006, 01:50 AM
Granted it wasnt a knockout punch,Melo did swing and connect to his jaw,and with the no-tolerance policy hes looking at some time off to kick it with his boys.Stern has to suspend him at least 10,or he looks silly.

My Sixers should have beaten your Spurs tonight Dre. :boohoo:

dreday
12-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Ehh.Wasnt going to happen.I knew your boys would play hard tonight tho.:tongue:

dreday
12-17-2006, 01:53 AM
You coming to Kellys tom?

Vertical Limit
12-17-2006, 01:53 AM
But why does the MLB get into brawls? What really starts those brawls? 95% of the time IMO are the Intentional hit-by-pitch, which at times, the HBP is strategy; to get the batter on base and take on the next guy, instead of having to work your pitch count and pitch around it. And you can only blame that to the pitcher and the manager who at times signals for it.

I understand why someone on base would get pissed off when a ball that goes over 90 MPH hits you, and you know it was on purpose.

These NBA/NFL brawls, I don't understand. And trust me, I'm not defending the MLB either, I think they're wrong too. But the NBA/NFL brawls IMO are more personal. Just like culpepper2chambers mentioned before, Nate Robinson had beef with JR Smith.

No one should have been shocked about the Miami vs FIU brawl. Lot's of things were being said weeks before the game, FIU was talking tons of **** in the Miami Herald. I remember reading an article once, and some guy even said he was going to "open up a lot of eyes".

FinsNYanksFan13
12-17-2006, 01:54 AM
I watched the entire Knicks-Noguts game and the media is making this out to be like Ali-Frazier II....c'mon!!!!!! I have seen better hits at a girl's slumber party than this.

I am sure Sportscenter has shown this "supposed brawl" at least 50 times tonight.....all it was was a flagrant foul by a Knick's player against a Nugget's player who had previously thrown down a great dunk on the Knicks.

Wrong, it was started when fat George Karl decided to keep his starters in the game with a 20 point lead AND JUST OVER A MINUTE LEFT. He was trying to stick it to Isiah and Isiah did the right thing telling his boys to get the job done on a Denver player. There was no way in the world the Knicks could comeback and the game was over half way through the quarter (it was over at halftime really), so why were Denver's starters in? I equate this to when a baseball team is up 10 runs and steal a base. Guess what happens when you do that, the next batter gets plunked, that's the way it goes. I'm not condoning what happened tonight from either side because it was obnoxious on both ends but the main reason this happened was because George Karl has it out for Isiah because he's one of Larry's guys and threw sportsmanship out of the window to prove a point. Now because he's an idiot he'll be without a couple of his best players for a couple of games. So much for making a point!

Roman529
12-17-2006, 01:56 AM
You coming to Kellys tom?

My Phins always lose when I go to Kellys. :lol: I jinx them.

Vertical Limit
12-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Wrong, it was started when fat George Karl decided to keep his starters in the game with a 20 point lead AND JUST OVER A MINUTE LEFT. He was trying to stick it to Isiah and Isiah did the right thing telling his boys to get the job done on a Denver player. There was no way in the world the Knicks could comeback and the game was over half way through the quarter (it was over at halftime really), so why were Denver's starters in? I equate this to when a baseball team is up 10 runs and steal a base. Guess what happens when you do that, the next batter gets plunked, that's the way it goes. I'm not condoning what happened tonight from either side because it was obnoxious on both ends but the main reason this happened was because George Karl has it out for Isiah because he's one of Larry's guys and threw sportsmanship out of the window to prove a point. Now because he's an idiot he'll be without a couple of his best players for a couple of games. So much for making a point!
If Isiah told a player to "get the job done on a Denver player", then he should get fired immediately. Sorry, but this is just a game, and you DON'T tell your players to go start something. You tell them to keep playing hard.

Roman529
12-17-2006, 01:59 AM

I heard Isaih's post game comments where he was crying about how Camby should not have still been in there. :boohoo:
Isaih should worry more about his stupid long term deals to horrible players than getting shown up by other teams.

RWhitney014
12-17-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm not going to take the time to read this whole thread, and say what you want about how the fight started. What stood out to me was Carmelo's punch. Whether he hit the guy flush is irrelevant. The fact that a guy who is supposed to be a leader, a great player, a role model, and every other title you can conjure up tried to sucker punch a player in the face. He's lucky he missed, but that should not be used to excuse him. Carmelo Anthony separated himself tonight from LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in that 2004 draft class.

Rocky Raccoon
12-17-2006, 02:03 AM
I just saw it on Sportscenter. it looked to me that the guy Melo punched was looking right at him when he swung.

King Felix
12-17-2006, 02:04 AM
if nate wanted some with melo he could've got into it at the end.....right after jefferies gets held back nate comes sprinting, is in reach of melo(while melo is backing up) and nate ******* out.............

Roman529
12-17-2006, 02:05 AM
I just saw it on Sportscenter. it looked to me that the guy Melo punched was looking right at him when he swung.

I am going to be mad if this fight screws up the AI to Denver trade.....I want to see AI at the Pepsi Center. :mad:

Melo did kind of run like a girl after his sucker punch. :lol:

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 02:06 AM

thats why the NFL has a team where 8 different players have been arrested in the last eight months right or the reason you hear about an NBA player killing another person or smuggling drugs (Jamal and Ray Lewis) the NBA is actually one of the cleaner leagues when it comes to the athletes being thugs. so you should just shut up

Nappy Roots
12-17-2006, 02:07 AM
anyone that claims the NBA is full of thugs and points to a whimpy *** fight like this, has no clue wtf they talkin about.

Melo=a girl ****in punch that didnt even faze collins. why did some of you say collins got knocked out. lmao.

i dont have any problem with collins on that play. the nuggets were wrong in what they did. and i would of drug his *** down on that fast break to.

Rocky Raccoon
12-17-2006, 02:07 AM

please, say it again, I didn't catch it the other 35 times you said it in this thread.

Vertical Limit
12-17-2006, 02:08 AM
Well think about it this way, about 4-5 players might be suspended from the Nuggets. Who the hell are they going to have to trade for Allen Iverson? They barely are going to have players to play with.

It all depends on the length of the suspensions really, and if Philladephia is willing to trade with that team after witnessing this.

Rocky Raccoon
12-17-2006, 02:08 AM
anyone that claims the NBA is full of thugs and points to a whimpy *** fight like this, has no clue wtf they talkin about.

Melo=a girl ****in punch that didnt even faze collins. i dont have any problem with collins on that play. the nuggets were wrong in what they did.

there are fights in every sport, it happens. But this is BAD for the NBA. And the fact it involved 10 players makes it even worse.

King Felix
12-17-2006, 02:09 AM
please, say it again, I didn't catch it the other 35 times you said it in this thread.:lol:

melo might be the most hated nba player.....well nvm he is in close second, kobe still in first.

DonShula84
thats why the NFL has a team where 8 different players have been arrested in the last eight months right or the reason you hear about an NBA player killing another person or smuggling drugs (Jamal and Ray Lewis) the NBA is actually one of the cleaner leagues when it comes to the athletes being thugs. so you should just shut up

He said every sport, every sport would include the NFL

Nappy Roots

melo might be the most hated nba player.....well nvm he is in close second, kobe still in first.

i personally like Melo alot. he loses some of my respect for throwing a girly punch, then running though.

if he wanted to throw a punch, he should of when there was 4 dudes on his 1 guy. smh

Rocky Raccoon
12-17-2006, 02:10 AM

I've always liked Melo, seems like a good kid. But what he did tonight was disgusting.

Vertical Limit
12-17-2006, 02:10 AM
there are fights in every sport, it happens. But this is BAD for the NBA. And the fact it involved 10 players makes it even worse.
I agree.

aquaattak
12-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Imma tell on you...tellin momma....http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

What a BAMF

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 02:12 AM

melo might be the most hated nba player.....well nvm he is in close second, kobe still in first. at least kobe doesnt run away from a fight like someone we all know...

Cool Calm Mike

Especially when NBA players start full scale riots and carry around loaded weapons and drugs in public places.

King Felix
melo was surrounded by like 4 knick players when he threw that punch.....it was even more stupid to throw it when your surrounded

Nappy Roots
12-17-2006, 02:13 AM
at least kobe doesnt run away from a fight like someone e all know...

no, he doesnt fight at all. hes had his *** whipped a few times. once punched right in the jaw by christie where he didnt do anything.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-17-2006, 02:13 AM
I heard Isaih's post game comments where he was crying about how Camby should not have still been in there. :boohoo:
Isaih should worry more about his stupid long term deals to horrible players than getting shown up by other teams.

Please bro give it a rest. George Karl kept his starters in because it's personal and that's B.S. Tonight reflected on his character more then just about any other persons. Isiah was 100 percent right (and I never support him). In that situation, the starters should be on the bench letting the scrubs get some playing time but because George Karl feels like he had to keep his starters in to show support for Larry Brown he kept them in. It's called sportsmanship Roman but since your a Philly fan I can understand why you lack that!

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 02:14 AM
Please bro give it a rest. George Karl kept his starters in because it's personal and that's B.S. Tonight reflected on his character more then just about any other persons. Isiah was 100 percent right (and I never support him). In that situation, the starters should be on the bench letting the scrubs get some playing time but because George Karl feels like he had to keep his starters in the show support for Larry Brown he kept them in. It's called sportsmanship Roman but since your a Philly fan I can understand why you lack that!
i think Larry Brown is a conceited a**hole and George Karl is just an a**hole plain and simple

FinsNYanksFan13
12-17-2006, 02:15 AM
no, he doesnt fight at all. hes had his *** whipped a few times. once punched right in the jaw by christie where he didnt do anything.

When did Christie punch Kobe? I remember the nice punch he landed on Rick Fox in that pre-season game but I don't remember him punching Kobe. Did he land a good shot? I'd love to see it (even though I'm sort of a Kobe fan)!

Nappy Roots
12-17-2006, 02:17 AM
When did Christie punch Kobe? I remember the nice punch he landed on Rick Fox in that pre-season game but I don't remember him punching Kobe. Did he land a good shot? I'd love to see it (even though I'm sort of a Kobe fan)!

:smackhead

your right he punched fox. my fault.

Nappy Roots
12-17-2006, 02:19 AM
:smackhead

your right he punched fox. my fault.

member when childs caught him though

http://youtube.com/watch?v=igA9TtuyxII

Roman529
12-17-2006, 02:19 AM
Please bro give it a rest. George Karl kept his starters in because it's personal and that's B.S. Tonight reflected on his character more then just about any other persons. Isiah was 100 percent right (and I never support him). In that situation, the starters should be on the bench letting the scrubs get some playing time but because George Karl feels like he had to keep his starters in to show support for Larry Brown he kept them in. It's called sportsmanship Roman but since your a Philly fan I can understand why you lack that!

It wouldn't have made any difference whether the Nuggets kept their starters in or not....besides the Knicks cut the lead to about 14-15 points a few times in the 4th. If you think Karl kept the starters in "to show support for Larry Brown" you know nothing about the NBA.

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 02:21 AM
It wouldn't have made any difference whether the Nuggets kept their starters in or not....besides the Knicks cut the lead to about 14-15 points a few times in the 4th. If you think Karl kept the starters in "to show support for Larry Brown" you know nothing about the NBA.
i kno george karl is fata** d***head

Rocky Raccoon
12-17-2006, 02:24 AM
member when childs caught him though

http://youtube.com/watch?v=igA9TtuyxII

DonShula84
12-17-2006, 02:24 AM
i kno george karl is fata** d***head

I feel enlightened now

Daunt8TDChris84
12-17-2006, 02:29 AM
nba needs more of this i love nba fights.

man i would love to see shaq elbow someone then he gets into shaqs face, shaq pushes him off , he comes runing at him then they get tangled, and then someone hit shaq on top then haslem knocks him the **** out, man they get double haslem the comes Zo throwing punches they start hitting him then wade stick the dude them walker gets involved andi cant forget ''white chocolate'' i would love to see him hit somebody,lol then see pat riley hanging from someones leg, then one of their dudes run into the stand one of our guys follows him lol full out brawl, man i would love to vs the SUNS,
cause raja is a friction starter and yea , that will be best fight ever.

Daunt8TDChris84
12-17-2006, 02:30 AM
ive seen nate robinson winning late inthe 4th doing hes dunks and talking smack, jr got the ball he deserved to do it the dunk, also if u dont want to get embarresed make ur shots and dont turn it over.

King Felix
12-17-2006, 02:31 AM
I feel enlightened now:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

"george carl is a p***y ***** made *******, along with george karl that ***** is stupider than ****."

King Felix
12-17-2006, 02:34 AM
if nate robinson took that as a slap in the face, then why the hell was he trying to alley oop to himself by bouncing the ball off the floor in a meaningless game?

DonShula84
12-17-2006, 02:38 AM
nba needs more of this i love nba fights.

man i would love to see shaq elbow someone then he gets into shaqs face, shaq pushes him off , he comes runing at him then they get tangled, and then someone hit shaq on top then haslem knocks him the **** out, man they get double haslem the comes Zo throwing punches they start hitting him then wade stick the dude them walker gets involved andi cant forget ''white chocolate'' i would love to see him hit somebody,lol then see pat riley hanging from someones leg, then one of their dudes run into the stand one of our guys follows him lol full out brawl, man i would love to vs the SUNS,
cause raja is a friction starter and yea , that will be best fight ever.

You have enough trouble winnings games now, why do you want to see your team get suspended? :confused:

Vertical Limit
12-17-2006, 02:39 AM
if nate robinson took that as a slap in the face, then why the hell was he trying to alley oop to himself by bouncing the ball off the floor in a meaningless game?
:sidelol: That is so true.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-17-2006, 02:40 AM

The Knicks cut it to 14/15 points, your acting like that is close LMAO :lol: . Your acting like the Knicks cut it to single digits or something. C'mon man, don't insult my NBA intelligence, this game was over with 4 minutes left (even more) and you know it. Everyone knows why fat Karl left the starters in. He wanted to make a point to Isiah and that was his way of showing his support for LB. IT'S CALLED SPORTSMANSHIP BRO and it's been in the NBA for years. It's an unwritten rule, I think you need to learn the NBA!

WestCKoastiN
12-17-2006, 02:53 AM
Yeah, seeing melo and what he did he is a little punk and The Blueprint your sig is funny! haha

Alex44
12-17-2006, 02:57 AM
I dunno. To me it looked like he was looking at Melo from the ESPN video. Not expecting to get smacked but he was looking at Melo it seemed

DeathStar
12-17-2006, 03:25 AM
The Knicks cut it to 14/15 points, your acting like that is close LMAO :lol: . Your acting like the Knicks cut it to single digits or something. C'mon man, don't insult my NBA intelligence, this game was over with 4 minutes left (even more) and you know it. Everyone knows why fat Karl left the starters in. He wanted to make a point to Isiah and that was his way of showing his support for LB. IT'S CALLED SPORTSMANSHIP BRO and it's been in the NBA for years. It's an unwritten rule, I think you need to learn the NBA!
only good move isiah (hard foul) has done with his career with the knicks.

Fresh
12-17-2006, 04:02 AM
BRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLIN!!!

NBA needs more fights like this, except for ******* like Carmelo being involved.

Whatever happened to the great Larry Johnson fights at MSG? Charles Oakley?

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I feel enlightened now
thank you

FIN-IN-RI
12-17-2006, 10:19 AM
BRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLIN!!!

NBA needs more fights like this, except for ******* like Carmelo being involved.

Whatever happened to the great Larry Johnson fights at MSG? Charles Oakley?

:yes:!

Lambeer (sp) and Thomas Bird and McHale (lmao yea reeeal thugs) :lol:

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 11:34 AM
:yes:!

Lambeer (sp) and Thomas Bird and McHale (lmao yea reeeal thugs) :lol:
... Zo dragging Jeff Van Gundy

Nappy Roots
12-17-2006, 11:52 AM
... Zo dragging Jeff Van Gundy

haha, that was so funny. i still remember his little *** flying around and his comb over floppin everywhere, hahaha. so funny. knicks and heat were fun back in the day.

Phinz4Life
12-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Don't come into the Garden and disrespect like that.

Got what they deserved.

And NATE owned JR Smith. And, it's my theory that Melo ran cause he saw Nate comin at him.

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 03:40 PM

Got what they deserved.

And NATE owned JR Smith. And, it's my theory that Melo ran cause he saw Nate comin at him.
nate put his fists up and melo ran away lyk the lil gurl he is

Phinz4Life
12-17-2006, 04:13 PM
nate put his fists up and melo ran away lyk the lil gurl he is

Melo's a b****. Who sucker punch/slaps and runs away?

I mean, I can understand if Nate the Great was coming at you, but damn, what a p****.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-17-2006, 04:40 PM

Got what they deserved.

Amen brother. You don't come into our house disrespecting because George Karl don't like Isiah Thomas personally. By the way, last night on WFAN a ton of people were saying this was a very heated game and that they almost expected this to happen. I was going to go by my girl made me go over to her mother's for dinner so we couldn't go (I was going to walk up and get tickets until that was sprung on me)!

RWhitney014
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM
[quote=FinsNYanksFan13]Amen brother. You don't come into our house disrespecting because George Karl don't like Isiah Thomas personally.[quote]

Hmm, sounds a lot like what the Hurricanes said after the FIU fight but the entire nation screamed bloody murder over that one because it was UM.

tucker
12-17-2006, 06:29 PM
lol@melo slapping with his wrist and then running away...damn *****

DonShula84
12-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Beyond the sucker punches and sorry stunts at Madison Square Garden on Saturday came the most pathetic part of all for the NBA – Isiah Thomas whining about run-up scores and poor sportsmanship, like the once proud New York Knicks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/) are nothing but a lowly college mid-major in need of mercy.
Just when you thought Zeke couldn't embarrass this franchise any worse, just when you thought he couldn't let down this city any more, just when you thought building and coaching a dog team wasn't enough, there is this: a whiny coach making excuses for dirty fouls and poser players.

Isiah Thomas isn't the only one in the wrong here. But his postgame press conference performance was the most disappointing, if telling, of them all. He blamed Denver's perceived running up of the score, complete with a highlight reel dunk, as simply too much for his humble guys to handle

Up 19 with a minute and a half to go, (Carmelo Anthony) and (Marcus) Camby really shouldn't be in the game," Thomas said. "We had surrendered. (Those) guys shouldn't even be in the game at that point."
Thomas is correct about this much. The Nuggets were brutalizing the Knicks on their home court, 119-100 with 1:15 remaining, making a mockery of Thomas' salary rich club. And yes, stars Anthony and Camby were still in the game, maybe even because Denver coach George Karl wanted to hit up Thomas for firing Larry Brown, Karl's old University of North Carolina buddy.
Whether or not Thomas told Mardy Collins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4157/) to exact some revenge by tackling a breaking J.R. Smith (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3835/) around the neck is something Stern will decide. But Thomas may not have had to say anything. The boorish play might simply be Collins responding to his coach's unspoken outrage at the injustice of once again having his team get its *** kicked.
It's certainly telling that Collins did nearly the same thing – a late flagrant foul – in Indiana's beat down of the Knicks on Friday. So that's back-to-back flagrant fouls in back-to-back blowout losses for New York.
But those are Isiah's Knicks. This is on him. If he had an ounce of self-respect, he'd realize there is only one person to blame for this disaster and it isn't George Karl for his substitution pattern.
Instead, he went with some sad, victim routine.
"They were having their way with us," Thomas said. "I think J.R. Smith had just made one dunk when he reversed and spun in the air. And I think Mardy didn't want our home crowd to see that again. So he fouled him."
Said Nate Robinson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3947/): "It's like a slap in the face, saying we're going to embarrass you like that."
Boy, thank goodness the NBA has a coach and a player willing to stand up for sportsmanship like these two.
We know a respectful sort such as Robinson would never, ever show up an opponent by, say, bounce-passing a ball off the backboard to himself so he could dunk it. And we know if, say, such a thing happened on his watch, say Nov. 29 in Cleveland, Thomas would never, ever leave Robinson in the game like it was completely acceptable.
Of course not. Not these virtuous souls.

"If we're up 20 points, we're not going to play Stephon (Marbury) and Eddy (Curry)," Robinson said.
Of course not, because if the Knicks were up 20, Robinson would just honor his fallen opponent. Like when he botched that ESPY-campaign self-alley-oop and claimed humbly, "I won't be trying it again unless we're up by 20."

I dont think this guy likes the Knicks lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqC02LulFYAGPHmBV5ZsFDq8vLYF?slug=dw-knicks121606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Fresh
12-17-2006, 07:04 PM
I've got a new sense of respect for the Knicks, especially Jeffries & Lil' Nate.

Melo is a ***** like I've said 10 times in here.. wish him the worst, career-wise.

phinphan896
12-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I've got a new sense of respect for the Knicks, especially Jeffries & Lil' Nate.

Melo is a ***** like I've said 10 times in here.. wish him the worst, career-wise.

/\
l
l

What he said
:laughat:http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/carmelo_anthony-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
/\
l
l
Pu**y

FIN-IN-RI
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
I've got a new sense of respect for the Knicks, .

Okay okay.. We don't have to go THAT far...

Fresh
12-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Forest!

Look at teh back of the Melo's, his logo has been changed to the running sign:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/melo1-1.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

MikeO
12-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Was away this weekend. Not going back to read 169 posts. My take...

1) This is why the majority of America HATES the NBA. That "thug-life" mentality

2) Carmelo SHOULD get 15-25 game suspension at the least.

3) I have LESS respect for both teams. Anyone who has new found respect for anyone after this is clueless!! Isiah can't coach his own team and he is trying to tell George Karl who he should be playing. George Karl is trying to run up the score in a meaningless game in December. BOTH ARE MORONS!!

4) Nate Robertson is a thug/punk who should get as many games as Carmelo.

This is the entire problem with the NBA. Thug-life, "respect", nobody better disrespect me.........all of that nonsense!!! If David Stern had any guts he would give everyone involved at least 10 games. Start there!!!! Then suspend both coaches for some games. Then fine both teams. Then when you get that light stuff out of the way........get into the real PUNISHMENTS!! Playoff game suspension, take away some paychecks. I mean if the NBA is ever going to pass Poker and bowling in relevance in this country, clean up the sport!!!!!!!

like2god
12-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Was away this weekend. Not going back to read 169 posts. My take...

1) This is why the majority of America HATES the NBA. That "thug-life" mentality

2) Carmelo SHOULD get 15-25 game suspension at the least.

3) I have LESS respect for both teams. Anyone who has new found respect for anyone after this is clueless!! Isiah can't coach his own team and he is trying to tell George Karl who he should be playing. George Karl is trying to run up the score in a meaningless game in December. BOTH ARE MORONS!!

4) Nate Robertson is a thug/punk who should get as many games as Carmelo.

This is the entire problem with the NBA. Thug-life, "respect", nobody better disrespect me.........all of that nonsense!!! If David Stern had any guts he would give everyone involved at least 10 games. Start there!!!! Then suspend both coaches for some games. Then fine both teams. Then when you get that light stuff out of the way........get into the real PUNISHMENTS!! Playoff game suspension, take away some paychecks. I mean if the NBA is ever going to pass Poker and bowling in relevance in this country, clean up the sport!!!!!!!

Very well put, I agree 100%. :clap:

tucker
12-17-2006, 11:16 PM
lol@ Nate Robinson charging at Melo and then deciding against it b/c he knew he would have beat that punk's ***....Robinson looks like a hell of a brawler!!

phinphan896
12-18-2006, 01:16 AM
lol@ Nate Robinson charging at Melo and then deciding against it b/c he knew he would have beat that punk's ***....Robinson looks like a hell of a brawler!!
he orignally was recruited to play football but then changed to basketball. hes a football player at heart which is why he made tackling JR Smith look so easy. all of these basketball player are probably a bunch of tall, soft receivers. robinsons a pretty big, muscular wise, guy. hes probably stronger than most of the guys on the court.

phinphan896
12-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Forest!

http://abovetherim.uw.hu/kepek2/forestmelo.jpg

Look at teh back of the Melo's, his logo has been changed to the running sign:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n274/bNo89/melo1.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: lmao

Phinz4Life
12-18-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm guilty of this in the past, but I've learned something.

The word thug is so overused it kills me. I'm not one to get into race, you you know what?

In the case of the NBA and sports in general...

White America uses the word "thug" against any black athlete under these kind of circumstances. I just don't see the word thug thrown around by other black people in these cases. Can't say thats the truth, being white, but damn does it seem like it.

A lot of white people just seem to plain hate the NBA.

I've seen so much uses of it "Thug-Life" and people saying the NBA is just a bunch of "thugs" running around. The NBA has a culture, and it may not be a culture you live, but that doesn't make it "thug."

A lot of those athletes in the NBA came up from terrible conditions, and what they live is their lifestyle.

You didn't live it, you don't know it all, so stop being all high and mighty.

UCFinfan86
12-18-2006, 08:52 AM

The word thug is so overused it kills me. I'm not one to get into race, you you know what?

White America uses the word "thug" against any black athlete under these kind of circumstances. I just don't see the word thug thrown around by other black people in these cases. Can't say thats the truth, being white, but damn does it seem like it.

I've seen so much uses of it "Thug-Life" and people saying the NBA is just a bunch of "thugs" running around. The NBA has a culture, and it may not be a culture you live, but that doesn't make it "thug."

A lot of those athletes in the NBA came up from terrible conditions, and what they live is their lifestyle.

UCFinfan86
12-18-2006, 08:57 AM
WOW strange little twist. When Camby was shooting Free Throws he mouthed the words to Carmello not to go to the basket.

305TillIDie
12-18-2006, 09:14 AM

You didn't live it, you don't know it all, so stop being all high and mighty.great post :clap:

PhinzN703
12-18-2006, 11:47 AM
The hockey argument is hocum. It's a contact sport, less and less mind you, but players are still supposed to hit each other and fight if necessary. It's accepted, part of the game and has always been. As for NASCAR, no offense to the fans, but if the NBA starts looking at Nascar to set the bar, they're in trouble.

And fighting is actually allowed in the NHL. Here you just have 2 teams who have shmucks for coaches and a team with no discipline.

Carmelo will receive the least amount of a suspension due to him being Carmelo. It's an unjust decision but I bet it goes down like that

PhinzN703
12-18-2006, 11:58 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/1166434258-1.jpg (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aqw607r4I.pE7J3RZVh7v028vLYF?slug=ap-nuggets-knicks-brawlpenalties&prov=ap&type=lgns)

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

PhinzN703
12-18-2006, 12:00 PM

Uh, well, Denver won 123-100, so I dunno how it was a 9 pt game with 75 seconds left.

Denver was up 20 when the fight started.

PhinzN703
12-18-2006, 12:02 PM

Hey man they're my Spurs too! :wink: Philly put up a great fight. I wouldnt give up on 'em yet man!

tucker
12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/runningmanrw3-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/melohedgehogpe4-1.jpg

Section126
12-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Melo gets 15 games.

dreday
12-18-2006, 01:55 PM

I basically said the same thing in this thread...http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=172801.People need to stop trying to look down on people and help try bringing them up.No one man greater than the other.Good post BTW.

dreday
12-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Figured Melo would get between 10-20..man 500 g's DAAAM!!

Rocky Raccoon
12-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Anthony: 15 games
J.R. Smith/Nate Robinson: 10 games
Marty Collins: 6 games
Jarrod Jeffries: 4 games
Nene/Jerome James: 1 game

each time fined $500,000

Rocky Raccoon
12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
ya know I saw some footage on ESPN from the fight and at one point I noticed a little kid weairng a Carmelo Anthony jersey. That kind of bothers me.

Phinz4Life
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
I basically said the same thing in this thread...http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=172801.People need to stop trying to look down on people and help try bringing them up.No one man greater than the other.Good post BTW.

Appreciate it. I had a feeling I'd have to keep defending my stance but I got a lot of positive reactions from it.

The word is used so loosely it's sickening.

And because of this fight, I finally see that. ESPN, posters on this board, on the Knicks board I post at, people I talk to, family members, it's ridiculous.

I find it very similiar to the whole ordeal with college basketball and that one-year BS. Why should these kids be subjected to losing out on a multi-million dollar deal just so some college can make millions off them for a year?

Once again, a lot of those kids come from terrible backgrounds, and that pay-day is what they have dreamed about for years.

Theres a definate racial divide over thought with these two issues, and I've come to see it from both ways and understand the situation so much better.

It's the whole "until you lived in their shoes" thing. If you haven't, stop bitching.

Roman529
12-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Hey man they're my Spurs too! :wink: Philly put up a great fight. I wouldnt give up on 'em yet man!

The Spurs and Nuggets are probably my 2nd and 3rd favorite team...I used to watch their ABA games in the mid-1970's right before they joined the NBA.

Wow, 15 games off for Melo....he can maybe work on a rap album in his off time? :lol: I wonder if he will be losing 15 game checks? OUCH!!!! $500,000 per team is chump change though.

PhinzN703
12-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Anthony: 15 games
J.R. Smith/Nate Robinson: 10 games
Marty Collins: 6 games
Jarrod Jeffries: 4 games
Nene/Jerome James: 1 game

each time fined $500,000

Seems like my predictions are always wrong. I guess Stern suspended him the most to make an example out of him. Good for Stern!

tucker
12-18-2006, 04:24 PM
melo is such a ***** tho....he thinks he's tough, but he's not

Fresh
12-18-2006, 04:30 PM
3) I have LESS respect for both teams. Anyone who has new found respect for anyone after this is clueless!!
So to have a new found respect for 5'9/180 Nate Robinson who stood up against 6'6/220 J.R. Smith & 6'8/230 Carmelo Anthony makes you clueless? Man, I have nothing against you, but seriously, GTFOH with that. Again, nothing personal, but to call someone clueless for that is a damn shame. I respect Nate Robinson more today than I did a week ago. He pretty muched whooped on a guy who is almost a foot bigger than him. That's a shame.. J.R. Smith should probably consider suicide or playing with a paper bag over his face for the rest of his career. :lol:

& I hope that instead of learning his lesson, Melo thinks about all the negative things and becomes a more negative player on the court when he gets back. Just screw his entire career up - he is a DISGRACE to be discussed in the same breath as LeBron James & Dwyane Wade. I can't stand him.. never could, never will. Just another suburban kid who wishes he was from the hood. He's F-A-K-E.

This is the FIRST TIME I've ever backed up David Stern in my life. Props to him. **** Carmelo.

Fresh
12-18-2006, 04:37 PM

You are 110% correct. If a black player gets into something like this, he's a thug. If a white player does, he's got heart for standing up to someone who is bigger and stronger! I've always felt that way, but never said anything because some of the mods on here (notice I didn't say any names) are REALLY SENSITIVE.....:boohoo:

Yup, that's just how we're looked upon. We're either Uncle Tom's or thugs. Common America.

(please note that I'm not referring to anyone in particular, just in general with most)

Phinz4Life
12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
You are 110% correct. If a black player gets into something like this, he's a thug. If a white player does, he's got heart for standing up to someone who is bigger and stronger! I've always felt that way, but never said anything because some of the mods on here (notice I didn't say any names) are REALLY SENSITIVE.....:boohoo:

Yup, that's just how we're looked upon. We're either Uncle Tom's or thugs. Common America.

(please note that I'm not referring to anyone in particular, just in general with most)

No doubt man, I agree. My eyes have been opened even more now recently than they have in the past, and that says a lot considering how open-minded I am.

It's a touchy subject, but it needs to be addressed sometimes.

And as for what you said about Nate Robinson, COMPLETELY agree. Favorite player on the Knicks. And let me say the following about him during the fight:

JR Smith came AT him, and Nate rocked him into the stands. When someone comes at you, and you manage to flip them around, that is WINNING, and Nate won.
For all I could see, Nate was grabbing him and restraining him. I'm not sure if he threw a punch, but oh well if he did.
Melo seemed to run away around the same time Nate was going at him. Coincedence? HmmM!

DonShula84
12-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Anything happen to Isiah? You see him clearly on camera warning Melo not to go to the hole. The Knicks excuse of he was telling him show some class was BS, you look at his face and he is threatening him saying see what happens if you go to the hole. He should have been fined also.

Roman529
12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
If Melo got 15 games, then Nate should also have been hit for 15 games. If you watch the beginning of the fight, Nate should have minded his own business but he had to show that he "was not a midget"" and act all hard by coming to the defense of another player. Nate then grabs the Nuggets player's jersey and they go into the crowd....Nate did more damage then Melo who basically just bittch slapped his guy but did no damage. :lol:

Miami 13
12-18-2006, 07:10 PM
LMFAO!

http://bballsquare.ytmnd.com/

Guy in upper right is perfect.

Rocky Raccoon
12-18-2006, 07:25 PM
LMFAO!

http://bballsquare.ytmnd.com/

Guy in upper right is perfect.

:sidelol: that was awesome.

King Felix
12-18-2006, 07:34 PM

Phinz4Life
12-18-2006, 11:11 PM
s P A R K !

finfansince72
12-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Damnnnnn Karl went OFF on Isiah. Go to ESPN fronts page and click on the video. Nice tirade and I agree 100%, Isiah is a POS.

Martel
12-19-2006, 02:34 AM
Who is the chick behind Isiah when he's talkin **** to Melo??? The chick is bad I wanna see some more news on her and less on the sorry *** fight

Pink_Dove
12-19-2006, 06:16 PM
If Melo got 15 games, then Nate should also have been hit for 15 games. If you watch the beginning of the fight, Nate should have minded his own business but he had to show that he "was not a midget"" and act all hard by coming to the defense of another player. Nate then grabs the Nuggets player's jersey and they go into the crowd....Nate did more damage then Melo who basically just bittch slapped his guy but did no damage. :lol:

Completely agree. I'm puzzled at some of the love for Robinson in this thread. He's the NBA's Napoleon. The guy is 5'7 and thinks he's all that, peacoking around. He's one of the biggest trash talkers in the game even though he's an atrociously bad passer and jump shooter. I have no doubt that his bad boy bravado will get him in trouble before it's all said and done.

ScottishFin
12-19-2006, 06:52 PM
First time ive seen the "fight". Seen worse in the streets on a saturday night.

Why all the fuss over it tbh ?