PDA

View Full Version : What do you Wii owners think?

FinSinceBirth
12-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Ok so I want to get a Wii but before I do, I was wondering if I can get some feedback from those that have one. What do you think?

Link
12-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Ok so I want to get a Wii but before I do, I was wondering if I can get some feedback from those that have one. What do you think?

I love it. Gaming is like it was when I first started. Its a ton of fun. Easily the most fun I have had gaming in a long time.

Silverphin
12-17-2006, 06:21 PM
I love it. Gaming is like it was when I first started. Its a ton of fun. Easily the most fun I have had gaming in a long time.

Nice Avatar. Merry Christmas.

Link
12-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Nice Avatar. Merry Christmas.

Thanks. I designed Mario Santa last year for a wallpaper. Merry Christmas to you too.

Mike13
12-18-2006, 01:54 AM
I too am planning on getting one, preferably this week.

Bruzer
12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Yea going to get mine this week hopefully.

tucker
12-18-2006, 12:55 PM
nintendo really do know what they are doing...they have adults buying this console and are actually making a profit on it as well

Scatman
12-18-2006, 04:18 PM
nintendo is freakin genius with this one..... man if you really think about it.... they probably could have my the controller for the gamecube... cause really the only think making the system right now is the controller. ...the wfi and wireless internet is cool, but thats not wats selling systems....its all about the controller.

and im not saying the games..cause thats obvious nintendo has a great library...or franchises i should say.

but the graphics kinda blow...i know its not about that but wen i get on my 360 after it im like wow........ which they woulda spent a little more on the graphics department.

now all that sony and ms have to do is release a similar controller and there all in the same game but with better graphics...much better.

Scatman
12-18-2006, 04:18 PM
well forgot to say. though for the price its well worth it, especially if you plan to play with someone...fun as heck

Get Up And Go
12-18-2006, 04:45 PM
I am dissappointed with it. Don't get me wrong, I love the wii and I would not get rid of it.

The VC is a dissappointment. I would of liked to see at least one Mario game for nes instead of the arcade mario bros.

No online play until 2Q of 07:shakeno:

No really awesome games until at least march.

No Opera Browser yet.

I think Nintendo is dropping the ball somewhat here.

Other than that, Go grab a wii ASAP:D

Philter25
12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I've been considering getting a system for the female and I...... I sold my ps2 when I got a job for fear that it would force me to stay up late at night and always be heading to work late and forced myself not to buy an xbox when it came out a few years ago.....

Lately I have been thinking about getting a new system for us..... Im between the 360 and the wii.

I have a few questions on the wii...... how many of the new wii games will be able to be played on the "classic" style controller? My g/f wants a system where she will actually be able to play... we grew up on oldschool nintendo and she likes games like bubble bobble, original mario brothers, sonic, ecco the dolphin, bomberman, old school sports games, mario party, mario kart, and the basic stuff like that. Im worried that the wii control system might be a little advanced for her..... shes all about the basic old school nintendo controller or the sega genesis controller so she is against the Xbox because she thinks the controller looks too complex (dont get me started on that one)

I was leaning towards the wii when I found out that they would have an archive of old games you could download on the system..... jackpot. How long will it be until that capability could be used? Also, how many games will be available for download? The list I have seen has been pretty small....

Also, for games like Madden (which are more my type games), will they be able to be played with the classic controller? Personally, Im not a big fan of using a motion sensored controller with only 2 buttons on it to play madden.....

rob19
12-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Anyone know when thell be getting more shipments?... i know that there was one this past sunday but people were lined up at the stores since like midnight.:lol:

Mike13
12-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Anyone know when thell be getting more shipments?... i know that there was one this past sunday but people were lined up at the stores since like midnight.:lol:

Alot of places have sold out of Wiis already.
Everyone's doing there holiday shopping.
One question though: Who the hell shops at 11:00 AM on a Monday?
Don't these people have jobs?

rob19
12-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Alot of places have sold out of Wiis already.
Everyone's doing there holiday shopping.
One question though: Who the hell shops at 11:00 AM on a Monday?
Don't these people have jobs?

apparently not:lol: , Ive been trying to get one for like the past two months but whenever they get a shipment people are camping in front of the store since midnight, so they sell out right away.

Bruzer
12-18-2006, 07:23 PM
My mom seen one but didn't have the money with her to grab it. I didn't think of giving her my money. I am still looking.

FinSinceBirth
12-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Well I just got my Wii money, and now all I have to do is get it. I've called both Best Buy and Rhino here and Gainesville and they've told me the same thing. They think they might get a shipment before christmas, but they don't know when they'll get the next shipment. They told me to just keep calling. Well, I'll be calling everyday. They better get their phone lines ready.

Get Up And Go
12-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Well I just got my Wii money, and now all I have to do is get it. I've called both Best Buy and Rhino here and Gainesville and they've told me the same thing. They think they might get a shipment before christmas, but they don't know when they'll get the next shipment. They told me to just keep calling. Well, I'll be calling everyday. They better get their phone lines ready.

I heard that Toy r us will have some soon.

Get Up And Go
12-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I've been considering getting a system for the female and I...... I sold my ps2 when I got a job for fear that it would force me to stay up late at night and always be heading to work late and forced myself not to buy an xbox when it came out a few years ago.....

Lately I have been thinking about getting a new system for us..... Im between the 360 and the wii.

I have a few questions on the wii...... how many of the new wii games will be able to be played on the "classic" style controller? My g/f wants a system where she will actually be able to play... we grew up on oldschool nintendo and she likes games like bubble bobble, original mario brothers, sonic, ecco the dolphin, bomberman, old school sports games, mario party, mario kart, and the basic stuff like that. Im worried that the wii control system might be a little advanced for her..... shes all about the basic old school nintendo controller or the sega genesis controller so she is against the Xbox because she thinks the controller looks too complex (dont get me started on that one)

I was leaning towards the wii when I found out that they would have an archive of old games you could download on the system..... jackpot. How long will it be until that capability could be used? Also, how many games will be available for download? The list I have seen has been pretty small....

Also, for games like Madden (which are more my type games), will they be able to be played with the classic controller? Personally, Im not a big fan of using a motion sensored controller with only 2 buttons on it to play madden.....

Nintendo updates with new games(virtual console) every monday.

Also the Wii-mote is awesome!!!

Amars
12-19-2006, 07:46 PM
I just bought my Wii from amazon but it wont get here until Friday. My wife liked it when we played it a friends house and I got to admit it's pretty fun. In the end that's all im looking for, just to have a good time.

Mike13
12-19-2006, 07:53 PM
I was bidding on a Wi bundle for about $150 on Ebay.
Some ******* outbid me, they paid $300.00 for it.
Now why is someone willing to pay over twice as much when you can get it cheaper?

Daunte'sInferno
12-19-2006, 08:24 PM
now all that sony and ms have to do is release a similar controller and there all in the same game but with better graphics...much better.

Already the Wii mote has been hacked and fully functionable on the ps3 (gotta love that Linux OS) thats not a joke either I have the link somewhere. And the ps3 controller is already motion sensative hence the name (sixaxis)

Scatman
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I was bidding on a Wi bundle for about $150 on Ebay.
Some ******* outbid me, they paid $300.00 for it.
Now why is someone willing to pay over twice as much when you can get it cheaper?

thats not the way it works, i didnt understand that crap either.... but what happens is when uyou place a bid...you place the maximum you would be willing to buy it for..... now lets say its current bid is 20 bucks....and the most you would pay is 100, so you put in 100... now it doesnt go to 100 automatically.... uitll 1st put in say like 20.50,,now if no one else bids.... thats it you won it for 20.50....you didnt even have to pay 100.

so it went for 300 cause there were probably people with bids (or sellers reserve) up to that much and wen it went through..it went until the bidder with the highest maximum won it for the lowest price he could win other peoples bids.

hope that explains it well, kind ahard to explain.

Scatman
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Already the Wii mote has been hacked and fully functionable on the ps3 (gotta love that Linux OS) thats not a joke either I have the link somewhere. And the ps3 controller is already motion sensative hence the name (sixaxis)

alright i gotta see that link....post it up daunte

Silverphin
12-20-2006, 02:05 AM

Wasn;t there a picture saying how Sony jacked the idea from Nintendo.

Scatman
12-20-2006, 02:43 AM
man i got the ps3 and wii.....and the controllers dont compare

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Wasn;t there a picture saying how Sony jacked the idea from Nintendo.

yes because motion sensoring hasn't been around since before you were born.

Daunte'sInferno
12-20-2006, 07:11 AM
alright i gotta see that link....post it up daunte

Here it is...took me a few but I found it.
http://ps3.qj.net/Using-a-Wiimote-to-operate-a-PS3/pg/49/aid/76508

Bruzer
12-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Wii controller can also work on mac and i think pc.

Silverphin
12-20-2006, 10:07 AM
yes because motion sensoring hasn't been around since before you were born.

Sarcasm?

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Sarcasm?

you are correct sir

Silverphin
12-20-2006, 12:44 PM
you are correct sir

Just checking.

But I didn't mean nintendo came up with the idea of Motion-sensoring, but rather, Sony stole the idea of applying motion-sensoring to gaming systems, 'tis all.

finfan01
12-20-2006, 12:46 PM
The Wii is amazing..............make sure you buy at least 2 if not 3 controllers.................DBZ Tencaichi 2 is really good also...with the motion sensing "wiimote" the gaming experience is aaaaaaamazing

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Just checking.

But I didn't mean nintendo came up with the idea of Motion-sensoring, but rather, Sony stole the idea of applying motion-sensoring to gaming systems, 'tis all.

I highly doubt they did. Nintendo didn't even come up with the technology in the first place. Motion-sensoring has been around for many many years. I guess you could say that Sony stole the idea from Nintendo when they had the power glove, however that would be giving too much credit to the horrible power glove.

Now if Sony came out with a robot that stacked things, you would have a point.

FinSinceBirth
12-21-2006, 11:02 PM
This mother ****er is hard to find. Nobody has gotten a shipment. I was in gamestop in our mall the other day, and in walks a couple who asks for a 60 mb or w/e PS3. The guy goes in the back and pulls one out. But yet they have no wii's. I never thought I'd see a day when they had pleny of Sony and no Nintendo.

On a side note, since I was in the mall I thought I'd get my first test drive of the wii. Zelda was up, which was even better, and I couldn't wait. So I give them my license and credit card (I guess so you odn't runn of with the remote) and sit there to play, and guess what. ****ing batteries are dead. IN BOTH STORES. So I never got to play the wii. :fire:

Predaphin
12-22-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't personally own a Wii, but I must say after watching people play, it didn't impress me at all....

Basically, the graphics. The graphics are ok, but not great. You figure if you're going to make a next gen console, you better make it with next gen graphics.

From what I hear the playing is fun, the new controller is fun, but the graphics are a set back.

I watched a lady play at EBgames, and she was swingin the controller with no enthusiasm whatsoever. Almost like she was forced into playing. It looked boring. But i can't really say for myself as I don't own a Wii.

Amars
12-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Nintendo has had motion sensory remote since the original NES. I Remember the Power Glove.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Bruzer
12-22-2006, 01:44 PM
It depends on the person playing it as for graphics they are trying to take focus away from that also games made for wii right now are not from ground up engines basically. They are just gamecube engines upgraded and do not take advantage of the graphics power. It will not be good as ps3 or xbox360 but I like nintendo wii's direction. I have heard nothing but good things about it from gamers and developers alike.

Amars
12-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Got the Wii today and its hell of fun and i just have Wii sports. It more interactive and the competition with friends is alot of fun. Since I have a 360 Ill use that for next gen games and Nintendo for their exclusive titles which are always fun.

Bruzer
12-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I hope to have mine monday :)

Scatman
12-23-2006, 01:26 AM
I hope to have mine monday :)

doubt it

jk man..i hope you get it.

FinSinceBirth
12-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Well I used wiiseeker to find out that there was a shipment of wii's coming into our local toys r us on friday. So I camped out and waited for the store to open. I was number 14 in line. Typical shipments have always included atleast 15 units to each store, so I figured I was good. 8 am rolls up, the store opens and the guy says we only have 6 wii's and 6 ps3's. I was so pissed and dissapointed. What I hated more than not getting it was them waiting until 8 to tell us. They mades us all wait out there when they could have told us sooner and we could have gone home.

Amars
12-23-2006, 02:32 PM
sorry to hear that.

Bruzer
12-23-2006, 02:45 PM
If I don't get one (basically dont find one) I will be looking almost everyweek after christmas to get one. Once christmas is over i expect it to be easier to find one.

FinSinceBirth
12-23-2006, 05:22 PM
There have been rumors of Nientdo not being able to fill shipping demands.

rob19
12-23-2006, 09:15 PM
How do you wii owners like Twilight Princess so far? I bought the game but my system hasnt got here yet... i dont think ups ships on sunday so hopefully it gets here monday... Ive been dying to play it though.