PDA

View Full Version : Miami Picked the Wrong Year to Suck

Brown42000
12-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Back in 2004 when we finished 4-12 everybody was saying at least we get a good draft pick. But little did we know that year was going to be a very mediocre draft. What I'm trying to say is we got stuck with Ronnie, I like Ronnie and think he will be a good back but if we were to suck last year like we did the year before we could have drafted one of the great rookie qbs or running backs or even tight ends. I am just disappointed that out of all the years Miami has a bad team and sucks they get stuck picking out of a mediocre draft class instead of getting to choose from the draft class that has many future all-star players and could have achored our team for a long time.

Cool Calm Mike
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread is pointless.

Brown42000
12-17-2006, 08:20 PM
No it isn't because if we had the choice to pick from those group of players we would have our quarterback for the future and a good one at that which this franchise hasn't had ever since Marino left.

PhinKev
12-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Back in 2004 when we finished 4-12 everybody was saying at least we get a good draft pick. But little did we know that year was going to be a very mediocre draft. What I'm trying to say is we got stuck with Ronnie, I like Ronnie and think he will be a good back but if we were to suck last year like we did the year before we could have drafted one of the great rookie qbs or running backs or even tight ends. I am just disappointed that out of all the years Miami has a bad team and sucks they get stuck picking out of a mediocre draft class instead of getting to choose from the draft class that has many future all-star players and could have achored our team for a long time.

I think your right, but I'm not sure what good it does to bring this up again. Yeah, we had the second pick in probably the weakest draft in some time. Sucks, that's life.

ManBearPig
12-17-2006, 08:24 PM

Yes it is, cuz like tons of other crap threads, its the woulda coulda shoulda bullcrap. We didnt get to draft high in a loaded draft, so we have to live with it and move on.

PhinFan0202
12-17-2006, 08:25 PM
No it isn't because if we had the choice to pick from those group of players we would have our quarterback for the future and a good one at that which this franchise hasn't had ever since Marino left.

All of the QBs that came out of this years draft are 10x better than Joey Harrington and all the other backups we got since Dan retired. Because we didn't have a shot at any of the QBs in the draft we went out and got Dante.The jurt is still out on Dante but at this point it's not looking too good.

Cool Calm Mike
12-17-2006, 08:25 PM

IF. Key word.

We can't go back in time, hindsight is fun though.

mia4ever
12-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Well I do understand your point of view.

What do U think about this season Draft? You look at the Draft and think
1 superstar Wr,couples of good OL,2 Good Qb maybe 3(counting BB) ,3 or 4 overrated lineman.

I hope our scout department are up to the test, and maybe they can find some
gem in the Draft .

I like Saban a lot but his draft
picks are on the hot seat.

Brown42000
12-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Some of you can't deny that you are disappointed that we get stuck with Ronnie basically when the year after we took Ronnie the draft is loaded with talent and makes you wonder if Ronnie would have even been a top 10 pick in the most recent draft.

PerfectFinz72
12-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Shouldnt this be in the depths?

Benched
12-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Stop living in the past. We are where we are.

Jimmy James
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
I'll point out that it's not just the weak draft class -- the unusually active free agent market the year prior meant that there were no non-compensatory draft picks at the very end of the draft to be given to the worst teams. If Miami had put up the second worst record last year instead of two years ago, they would have also gotten a non-compensatory draft pick out of it.

ZOD
12-17-2006, 08:52 PM

Is there a good year to suck? :rolleyes:

mia4ever
12-17-2006, 09:07 PM
not