PDA

View Full Version : i was at the game...

Tupac Shakur
12-17-2006, 10:00 PM
#1. it was misereable weather. don't let the temperature fool you, it was cold, raw, wet, really windy and rainy.

#2. bills fans (the ones i encountered) had no class whatsoever and threatened my grandfather (79 yrs. old) while walking out of the stadium for wearing a dolphins hat, calling him every name in the book. i nearly got in a fight defending him. the stadium was as filthy as ever and there was puke and piss all over the place. after going to every home fins game, there is no comparison between dolphin stadium and ralph wilson stadium.

#3. the corners cannot play the ball in the air at all. they always seemed to get turned around and/or misjudge balls in the air. it is painful to watch.

#4. mularkey is a bum. fire him asap.

#5. morris is an adequate #2 rb

#6. the dolphins are a team at the crossroads. they have some tough choices to make in the offseason. if they truly want to be a super bowl team, they may have to go through a difficult season next year and play some of the younger players and get whatever they can for some veterans. i don't think that they have to blow up the entire roster, but it's clear that players like chambers, mcmichael, etc. "are what they are" and that really isn't good enough.

#7. it was one of the ****tiest experiences to walk out of the stadium after that game soaking wet, freezing cold, and with a 2 hour drive home. merry christmas.

BandarBush
12-17-2006, 10:09 PM
That sucks man. Nothing worse than paying for the duckets and watching your team get stomped. Especially when you have to deal with rude @$$hats afterword. Buffalo sucks.

shanem40
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
#1. it was misereable weather. don't let the temperature fool you, it was cold, raw, wet, really windy and rainy.

#2. bills fans (the ones i encountered) had no class whatsoever and threatened my grandfather (79 yrs. old) while walking out of the stadium for wearing a dolphins hat, calling him every name in the book. i nearly got in a fight defending him. the stadium was as filthy as ever and there was puke and piss all over the place. after going to every home fins game, there is no comparison between dolphin stadium and ralph wilson stadium.

#3. the corners cannot play the ball in the air at all. they always seemed to get turned around and/or misjudge balls in the air. it is painful to watch.

#6. the dolphins are a team at the crossroads. they have some tough choices to make in the offseason. if they truly want to be a super bowl team, they may have to go through a difficult season next year and play some of the younger players and get whatever they can for some veterans. i don't think that they have to blow up the entire roster, but it's clear that players like chambers, mcmichael, etc. "are what they are" and that really isn't good enough.

#7. it was one of the ****tiest experiences to walk out of the stadium after that game soaking wet, freezing cold, and with a 2 hour drive home. merry christmas.dont blame the bills fans they live in the uglyist city in america

Mike13
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Damn that sucks man.

atlzonkafan
12-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Another victim of the Buffa-Loonies. Sorry it didn't work out better for ya.

Green Ranger
12-17-2006, 10:35 PM
sorry about your grandfather, too bad people dont know what RESPECT is anymore

squishthefishes
12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
im a bills fan and i have been at every game for the past 7 years im only 13. and i read about what you said some bills fans said to your grandfather and i want to apoligize on behalf of all the bills. it was proboly just a couple of drunks. just wanted to tell you how sorry i was to see this.

MattM
12-17-2006, 10:50 PM
dont blame the bills fans they live in the uglyist city in america

Sorry about your grandfather--that's not cool at all.

And to the dude above--learn to spell....

CJTaKoZ
12-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I was at the game also. I got heckled by the fans some but it wasn't too bad.

And yea, miserable weather. The game came down to the Dolphins being too afraid to throw the ball down field in the win and the Bills taking chances.

Roman529
12-17-2006, 10:55 PM
It will be even sadder for Bill's fans when Ralph moves the team elsewhere.

colmax
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Sorry about your grandfather--that's not cool at all.

And to the dude above--learn to spell....

I know, right! He lives in americca and can't correctly spell it. What a shame....

Venez1284
12-17-2006, 11:11 PM
I too was at the game, miserable experience with the weather conditions but it still doesn't excuse them. The Bills have to play in it too and you can't tell me that every Bill loves playing it either.

I had seats 5 rows up behind the Dolphins bench. Heard Vonnie Holliday say "catch the f---in ball!" after about our fifth drop.

Jason Taylor was in a completely foul mood but still came over to a few Dolphin fans and gave them his gloves after the game.

The offense looked in a haze on the bench and there was no one there to try and pick up the intensity or light a fire under them.

Joey Harrington looked like he wanted to go inside for a cup of tea and wanted nothing to do with the weather in warmups. Also was crouched all alone on the sideline after he got pulled.

Brown42000
12-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Sounds like a really bad day.

miaD5499
12-17-2006, 11:34 PM
sorry that you had to be there man and have a horrible experience, nothing went right for us all day....it sucks real bad but your xmas will be great if we can spoil the jets

Deep2Evans
12-17-2006, 11:36 PM

#7. it was one of the ****tiest experiences to walk out of the stadium after that game soaking wet, freezing cold, and with a 2 hour drive home. merry christmas.

Sorry about your grandfather, it was probably just some drunk idiots, but every stadium has those. There are plenty more of us Bills fans who dont act like that, I shook every fin fans hand around me, and wasnt disrespectful to them, because they werent to me.

As for the dirty stadium, i didnt see any puke or piss anywhere but the restrooms, but they were pretty gross with all the people in there, and the wet nasty weather didnt help things. Ive been to plenty of stadiums that are the same way.

Tupac Shakur
12-18-2006, 02:18 AM
bills fans on the finheaven message board, congrats on the well-deserved win and thanks for your concern about my grandfather.

i realize that there were probably a few bad eggs among the bunch that were causing problems. i was just so down in the dumps after today that i had to share it!

anyway, lets agree that there are certainly improvements to be made to the gameday experience at all stadiums around the country. good night.

jdang307
12-18-2006, 02:28 AM
dont blame the bills fans they live in the uglyist city in america

I have to rebut that with San Bernardino, CA. That is not a nice town.

(MY apologies to anyone living in SB lol, I almost lived there after interviewing for a job).

miadolfan054
12-18-2006, 03:11 AM
why are there bills fans on this site, go to your site and enjoy your victory...

news flash you guys still suck, ur stadium sucks, ur city sucks, and that franchise sucks... have some class

dont worry well be there next year, and buffalo will be at the bottom of the afc east like usual

Clumpy
12-18-2006, 03:35 AM
why are there bills fans on this site, go to your site and enjoy your victory...

news flash you guys still suck, ur stadium sucks, ur city sucks, and that franchise sucks... have some class

dont worry well be there next year, and buffalo will be at the bottom of the afc east like usual

1-800-cry-baby

PhinzN703
12-18-2006, 11:07 AM

If they suck, what does that make us?

PhinsRock
12-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Sad sad day, sorry you were treated so badly. What else would you expect though, it was in Barfallo.

TheMadCap
12-18-2006, 07:15 PM

First he goes off on Bills fans, cursing the people, stadium etc sucks, then asks us to have some class. Classic! Way to go there Copernicus!

Drfletcherdc
12-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Unless you make the playoffs nothing matters. The only thing that matters is picking higher in the draft.

PhinFan0202
12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
If they suck, what does that make us?

I'm not even going to go out and say the whole team sucks.

1. The offense sucks
2. The personel descisions that created this offense suck.
3. Mike Mularkey sucks

The one thing that i noticed while watching the game replay is that the defense did their jobs at the beginning of the game but just got worn down late. You can't expect them to win all the games for you and because the offense sucks can't capitalize on any of the turnovers. Zach blasted Magahee and he fumbled but what does Joey do? Int!

insom187
12-18-2006, 07:33 PM
I got hit in the head with a plastic chair covered with mud on my walk to the stadium in my Zach Thomas jersey and was even surrounded by at least 30 Bills fans throwing empty beer cans and chanting Zach Thomas is a f** right in my face. I didnt expect a welcome mat or anything but damn it was ridiculous. I didnt mind the weather so much cause it didnt actually rain, it was more of a mist and ill take 45 degrees in Buffalo in December anyday.

It was my first Dolphin game and I didnt even get to see them score. The only thing I could take away from it was watching Jason Taylor cause I nice fumble (which was immediately turned back over the next play). Also Wes Welker is now firmly one of my favorite players. Down 21-0 in the 4th quater on a couple Buffalo punt returns he started not making fair catches (which he had been forced to do all game) even with two Bills in his face just so that maybe he could get lucky and make a play to get the team back into it. On one punt in particular he took a pretty nasty shot so my respect for him just skyrocketed. I will say the food up there was absolutely delicious though.

Iroquois Joe
12-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Sorry you ran into some fools. I've been heckled at other stadiums but nothing really bad like that. I have never seen it that bad at the Ralph like you described and always mingle with a few fans from the other teams after the game with no problems.

Just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

People like that should be tagged and banned from future games.

If I saw someone hassling an old man they would be told in no uncertain terms what I thought about it. I'm sure many of us would, both Fins and Bills fans, no matter whose stadium we were at.

Iroquois Joe
12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I got hit in the head with a plastic chair covered with mud on my walk to the stadium in my Zach Thomas jersey and was even surrounded by at least 30 Bills fans throwing empty beer cans and chanting Zach Thomas is a f** right in my face. I didnt expect a welcome mat or anything but damn it was ridiculous. I didnt mind the weather so much cause it didnt actually rain, it was more of a mist and ill take 45 degrees in Buffalo in December anyday.

It was my first Dolphin game and I didnt even get to see them score. The only thing I could take away from it was watching Jason Taylor cause I nice fumble (which was immediately turned back over the next play). Also Wes Welker is now firmly one of my favorite players. Down 21-0 in the 4th quater on a couple Buffalo punt returns he started not making fair catches (which he had been forced to do all game) even with two Bills in his face just so that maybe he could get lucky and make a play to get the team back into it. On one punt in particular he took a pretty nasty shot so my respect for him just skyrocketed. I will say the food up there was absolutely delicious though.

I think your full of BS

cnc66
12-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I think your full of BS

the food is not good?

insom187
12-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I think your full of BS

What do I have to gain by lying about this I ask? Its not as if I said they started a fight or threw punches but I know what happened. Obviously since it happened to me. Its not like I had any idea of what to expect from Buffalo fans, Ive never even been to an NFL game before or that I had some negative opinion of Bills fans before I even got there. I really enjoyed the city (the Buffalo Brepub had some of the best food Ive ever eaten) and the people were friendly wherever we went, except for Ralph Wilson Satadium. By saying this I make no claim that Miami fans at home are any better (how would I even know, I live in Connecticut), just that I was treated way worse than I expected by Buffalo fans on Sunday just for wearing Dolphin jersey.

Phanatical
12-18-2006, 11:01 PM
That stuff can happen anywhere. I was at the Colts/Dolphins game in Indi when Marino and Gadsden won the game at the end with some clutch play. The Indi fans were mad about the refs calls and one drunk was giving an old man with a Dolphins hat such a bad time that I went over and told him to leave the guy alone. The Colts fan was calling him all kinds of names just b/c he sported his Dolphins gear. Most everyone at the game was cool though and we had lots of fun but this one a$$hole just kind of made it a bad end to a great day. Can happen anywhere.

BuffaloSoldier2
12-19-2006, 12:20 AM

1) Dude grow up. The reason Bills fans are on this site is a just some friendly trash talk between some rivals. Personally, I enjoy the banter and have encountered some good Fin fans.

2) Oh, my city is better than yours. Ohh that burns. :rolleyes: Congrats on popping out of your mother's womb in Miami. You accomplished a lot. I'm currently am in grad school and could go anywhere I want but I choose to live here. I could talk trash about MIA's education system and crime rate but I'll take the high road. :wink:

3) Finally, Buffalo has finished in last in the AFC East like twice in the 20 years (once with a 8-8 record). You should do some research before you open your hole. Happy holidays. :goof:

BuffaloSoldier2
12-19-2006, 12:23 AM

I'm sorry about your grandfather. I hate scumbags like that and that really pisses me off. But trust me, the good Bills fans out number the bad ones. Please don't lump us all together. And let's not kid ourselves, there are scumbags in every stadium in the league.

PhinzN703
12-19-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm not even going to go out and say the whole team sucks.

1. The offense sucks
2. The personel descisions that created this offense suck.
3. Mike Mularkey sucks

The one thing that i noticed while watching the game replay is that the defense did their jobs at the beginning of the game but just got worn down late. You can't expect them to win all the games for you and because the offense sucks can't capitalize on any of the turnovers. Zach blasted Magahee and he fumbled but what does Joey do? Int!

True. Seems our defense has always been better then our offense. Maybe we could do it Colts style next year and score more then we give up

Justasportsfan
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM

.next tine, just try going to a game in miami and wear either a bills jersey or jets. You'll experience the nastyness of finfans just as well. There's trailer trash in every fanbase.

finfan54
12-19-2006, 02:36 PM

I concur. And I had box seats.Ouch. Bills fans are *******s. No bouts a doubt it.

35Ralph
12-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Miami fans can be real jackasses too. I've had crap tossed at me at Miami games. I live in Plantation. I go to the Bills/Fins game every year.

Sorry about your Grandpa bro.

35Ralph
12-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Trust me he's right. The food in Buffalo is FANTASTIC. A lot of immediate decendents of NYC immigrants live there. Better food than we have down here. But I'll still take a hurricane over 3 feet of snow.

Disnardo
12-19-2006, 09:26 PM
#2. bills fans (the ones i encountered) had no class whatsoever and threatened my grandfather (79 yrs. old) while walking out of the stadium for wearing a dolphins hat, calling him every name in the book.
and they won...kind of makes you wonder what would have happened if they lost...sometimes things happen for a reason...

Mike13
12-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Miami fans can be real jackasses too. I've had crap tossed at me at Miami games. I live in Plantation. I go to the Bills/Fins game every year.

Sorry about your Grandpa bro.

There are *******s at every game.

GoBills24
12-20-2006, 05:01 PM
It will be even sadder for Bill's fans when Ralph moves the team elsewhere.

Wow, that sure hurts. :rolleyes2

But it must be all Phins fans have for smack these days, without going 30 years into the past.

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Wow, that sure hurts. :rolleyes2

But it must be all Phins fans have for smack these days, without going 30 years into the past.We beat that horse quite a bit this year. :D How's old Marv doin? Changing his own diapers?

GoBills24
12-20-2006, 05:29 PM
We beat that horse quite a bit this year. :D How's old Marv doin? Changing his own diapers?

Rebuilding the Bills into a successful team faster than we all thought.

Not sure besides that.

Billhoff
12-20-2006, 05:59 PM

So whats your point?:sidelol: :D

finsrclowns
12-20-2006, 06:27 PM

:sidelol:

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Rebuilding the Bills into a successful team faster than we all thought.

Not sure besides that.touche!

B-lo
12-21-2006, 09:06 AM
im a bills fan and i have been at every game for the past 7 years im only 13. and i read about what you said some bills fans said to your grandfather and i want to apoligize on behalf of all the bills. it was proboly just a couple of drunks. just wanted to tell you how sorry i was to see this.

"at a boy rook" very classy! I totally agree w/ you , and apologize for the few "meatheads" that would do that!

:cooldude:

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Every stadium has their idiot fans, to say that one city is worse than others is just dumb.