PDA

View Full Version : DT's Temporary Goodbye Thread

DolfanTom
12-18-2006, 11:55 AM
OK folks - I'm going to be a man and - of course - live up to my end of the bet! I lost, so I will wear this embarrassing Avy (and even more embarrassing title) till the SuperBowl after I reappear on Christmas after a weeklong ban, beginning at noon today. It's called being a man - if you don't have your integrity, what do you have, right!! Anyways, now for some stories, and "good byes."

-First off, B-lo, congratulations! You won, what else can I say. It's actually been a lot of fun the past couple weeks especially. Note - I got home last night at midnight, slept in a bit today, and just rolled into work. That's why I haven't made an appearance until now. Did you really question whether I would be here today!!! We'll make this bet again next year, as I fully expect our teams to be in it next season!

Secondly, for as bad as the result was on the field yesterday, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Dolphin game more that I've gone to - and I've been to quite a few (mostly up north) over the years. This was game 13 for me. Note that I'm 4-9 in those games, including a big fat 0-6 in Buffalo (I just never seem to go on the years when we win there!). Maybe I should stay home more often? :lol:

We (Dad, brother, myself) got there about 10:30, put up the Dolphin flags on the car, and proceeded to fire up some dead beef products and chug down some Samuel Adams holiday beverages. I fully expected to be immediately overwhelmed w/ insults, as was the case my previous five trips to Rich/Ralph Wilson Stadium. But I gotta say - for the very most part - people were .... cool. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe it's because Christmas was a week away? I don't know, but starting w/ a bunch of guys that we BSed w/ and shared food w/ before the game, we really were treated very well. Mind you, we told each other to go phuck ourselves before we left for the stadium and predicted 42-0 wins for each of our teams, but it was all in good fun.

Then, in the Stadium, we were surrounded by quite a few fish fans so I expected a little safety in numbers. But then a row of like college-or-just-older Bills fans sat immediately in front of us. From the start, they were pretty cool - even as (early in the game), I kept mocking J.P. especially when Crowder practically flattened him on that one play. I was talkin' a little trash, but I wasn't going to ruin the experience for anyone. The Bills fans returned the favor as the game got progressively worse for us. As soon as I saw that first TD scored on what appeared to be a huge coverage breakdown, I knew it wasn't going to end well for us. That, and Joey "Double 00" Harrington's apparent inability to throw a football. I saw about 56 people in the parking lot before and after the game that could throw the ball better than he did - including myself. I tell ya, I would have at least passed for 50 yards if I played QB for the Dolphins yesterday! :dolphins:At least there will be no "Joey should start next season" threads anymore. Decent backup for a few games, but that's all Joey will ever be apparently. I know the weather was bad, but once JP started to connect w/ his receivers, Joey got even worse if that was possible. You just can't be that bad and expect to start in this league. Sorry Joey!!

The guys in front of us were a lot of fun actually. They mocked us a bit down the stretch, but that's expected. The best was the guy breaking out in the Heisman pose all game long, mocking Joey apparently. But it was all in good fun, and we actually discussed our teams' futures a bit - as well as how this game couldn't sell out. The consensus I got from most fans was that - Christmas was a week away, and this team hadn't been any good till lately! I'm sure if they keep this up, sellouts won't be a problem.

A couple random Bills fans came by screaming "Dolphins suck" to us as they left the stadium. Rather than reply "so does your mother" or something like that, I just replied w/ a "Go Phuck Yourself" look on my face and that was pretty much that.

Back to the parking lot, we fired up the grill once more, took a few good jabs from the Bills fans we met near us as they came back - then our grill turned into a community grill for anyone w/ left over meat products - hot dogs, chicken, sausage, burgers, you name it. There was this one older Bills fan, w/ few teeth and a long beard (real nice guy, though), that tried to kick my football for a "field goal" - which to him, would have been kicking it between these two cars. When he went to kick it, he missed - I swear to god, he missed, kinda fell backwards, hitting the ball - backwards!!! We were all :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:.

Joining the community grill were these 5-6 Canadian college students from a few cars over who were doing funnels before the game. We had a great time BS-ing w/ them. They love their Bills, but the one guy would rather see the Toronto Maple Leaves win 10 cups before the Bills win one SuperBowl. Line of the day from one of these dudes - "Go phuck your hat." He was talking about one of his friends - and when we questioned him on "why your hat," he replied it was some Canadian construction humor - you wear a construction hat ... "Go phuck your hat." It just struck a funny chord w/ us - on the way home, my father, bro and I must have told each other this about 100 times each.

One more thing about the fans - in my previous five trips there, I'd hear "Squish the Fish" or some derrivation about 1,000 times! I fully expected it and came armed w/ "Tip the Cows" or "Rattle/paddle the cattle," etc. as a response .... but not once - NOT ONCE - did I hear it all game, or before or after. What the deuce?? Was I in an alternate Buffalo universe or something? Maybe it's becuase this rivalry isn't what it once was in the early/mid 90's, but man - it jus took me by surprise! Then ... on the way home, as we were leaving a rest stop in Syracuse, I walked by this 8-9 year-old-kid wearing a Rob Johnson jersey. His dad was a Dolphins fan, w/ Dolphin vest. As I walk by, this kid udders in a little kid voice, "Squish the Fish, Squish the Fish." My dad and brother couldn't stop laughing, as I had noted how we hadn't heard it all day before that. Then some little kid tells me this! I wanted to go over and shake his hand. All I can say is ... I feel sorry for his dad as the kid grows up! :wink:

OK, enough about yesterday. I'm still exhausted, but it was all worth it. A bad day at the football stadium beats a good day at work!!

OK, everyone - I'm going to miss ya for a week! Try to carry on the Troll-bashing w/out me. I'm sure you'll do fine!

like2god: Don't stop doing your thing man! The trolls don't know what to do when you're at the top of your game.

Opie: Keep digging up the dirt on the trolls. I fully expect you and like2god to mathematically prove that Tom Brady is indeed Gay by the time I get back!!

For the rest of the LLBs: Thanks for the help the past couple weeks! It's been fun.

And to all of you - even you B-lo - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!!! Enjoy it w/ your families because in the end, that's all that matters!!!! It's my little girl's second Christmas, and I want to make it one to remember!

-DT out!

retired opfinistic
12-18-2006, 12:06 PM
OK folks - I'm going to be a man and - of course - live up to my end of the bet! I lost, so I will wear this embarrassing Avy (and even more embarrassing title) till the SuperBowl after I reappear on Christmas after a weeklong ban, beginning at noon today. It's called being a man - if you don't have your integrity, what do you have, right!! Anyways, now for some stories, and "good byes."

-First off, B-lo, congratulations! You won, what else can I say. It's actually been a lot of fun the past couple weeks especially. Note - I got home last night at midnight, slept in a bit today, and just rolled into work. That's why I haven't made an appearance until now. Did you really question whether I would be here today!!! We'll make this bet again next year, as I fully expect our teams to be in it next season!

Secondly, for as bad as the result was on the field yesterday, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Dolphin game more that I've gone to - and I've been to quite a few (mostly up north) over the years. This was game 13 for me. Note that I'm 4-9 in those games, including a big fat 0-6 in Buffalo (I just never seem to go on the years when we win there!). Maybe I should stay home more often? :lol:

We (Dad, brother, myself) got there about 10:30, put up the Dolphin flags on the car, and proceeded to fire up some dead beef products and chug down some Samuel Adams holiday beverages. I fully expected to be immediately overwhelmed w/ insults, as was the case my previous five trips to Rich/Ralph Wilson Stadium. But I gotta say - for the very most part - people were .... cool. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe it's because Christmas was a week away? I don't know, but starting w/ a bunch of guys that we BSed w/ and shared food w/ before the game, we really were treated very well. Mind you, we told each other to go phuck ourselves before we left for the stadium and predicted 42-0 wins for each of our teams, but it was all in good fun.

Then, in the Stadium, we were surrounded by quite a few fish fans so I expected a little safety in numbers. But then a row of like college-or-just-older Bills fans sat immediately in front of us. From the start, they were pretty cool - even as (early in the game), I kept mocking J.P. especially when Crowder practically flattened him on that one play. I was talkin' a little trash, but I wasn't going to ruin the experience for anyone. The Bills fans returned the favor as the game got progressively worse for us. As soon as I saw that first TD scored on what appeared to be a huge coverage breakdown, I knew it wasn't going to end well for us. That, and Joey "Double 00" Harrington's apparent inability to throw a football. I saw about 56 people in the parking lot before and after the game that could throw the ball better than he did - including myself. I tell ya, I would have at least passed for 50 yards if I played QB for the Dolphins yesterday! :dolphins:At least there will be no "Joey should start next season" threads anymore. Decent backup for a few games, but that's all Joey will ever be apparently. I know the weather was bad, but once JP started to connect w/ his receivers, Joey got even worse if that was possible. You just can't be that bad and expect to start in this league. Sorry Joey!!

The guys in front of us were a lot of fun actually. They mocked us a bit down the stretch, but that's expected. The best was the guy breaking out in the Heisman pose all game long, mocking Joey apparently. But it was all in good fun, and we actually discussed our teams' futures a bit - as well as how this game couldn't sell out. The consensus I got from most fans was that - Christmas was a week away, and this team hadn't been any good till lately! I'm sure if they keep this up, sellouts won't be a problem.

A couple random Bills fans came by screaming "Dolphins suck" to us as they left the stadium. Rather than reply "so does your mother" or something like that, I just replied w/ a "Go Phuck Yourself" look on my face and that was pretty much that.

Back to the parking lot, we fired up the grill once more, took a few good jabs from the Bills fans we met near us as they came back - then our grill turned into a community grill for anyone w/ left over meat products - hot dogs, chicken, sausage, burgers, you name it. There was this one older Bills fan, w/ few teeth and a long beard (real nice guy, though), that tried to kick my football for a "field goal" - which to him, would have been kicking it between these two cars. When he went to kick it, he missed - I swear to god, he missed, kinda fell backwards, hitting the ball - backwards!!! We were all :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:.

Joining the community grill were these 5-6 Canadian college students from a few cars over who were doing funnels before the game. We had a great time BS-ing w/ them. They love their Bills, but the one guy would rather see the Toronto Maple Leaves win 10 cups before the Bills win one SuperBowl. Line of the day from one of these dudes - "Go phuck your hat." He was talking about one of his friends - and when we questioned him on "why your hat," he replied it was some Canadian construction humor - you wear a construction hat ... "Go phuck your hat." It just struck a funny chord w/ us - on the way home, my father, bro and I must have told each other this about 100 times each.

One more thing about the fans - in my previous five trips there, I'd hear "Squish the Fish" or some derrivation about 1,000 times! I fully expected it and came armed w/ "Tip the Cows" or "Rattle/paddle the cattle," etc. as a response .... but not once - NOT ONCE - did I hear it all game, or before or after. What the deuce?? Was I in an alternate Buffalo universe or something? Maybe it's becuase this rivalry isn't what it once was in the early/mid 90's, but man - it jus took me by surprise! Then ... on the way home, as we were leaving a rest stop in Syracuse, I walked by this 8-9 year-old-kid wearing a Rob Johnson jersey. His dad was a Dolphins fan, w/ Dolphin vest. As I walk by, this kid udders in a little kid voice, "Squish the Fish, Squish the Fish." My dad and brother couldn't stop laughing, as I had noted how we hadn't heard it all day before that. Then some little kid tells me this! I wanted to go over and shake his hand. All I can say is ... I feel sorry for his dad as the kid grows up! :wink:

OK, enough about yesterday. I'm still exhausted, but it was all worth it. A bad day at the football stadium beats a good day at work!!

OK, everyone - I'm going to miss ya for a week! Try to carry on the Troll-bashing w/out me. I'm sure you'll do fine!

like2god: Don't stop doing your thing man! The trolls don't know what to do when you're at the top of your game.

Opie: Keep digging up the dirt on the trolls. I fully expect you and like2god to mathematically prove that Tom Brady is indeed Gay by the time I get back!!

For the rest of the LLBs: Thanks for the help the past couple weeks! It's been fun.

And to all of you - even you B-lo - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!!! Enjoy it w/ your families because in the end, that's all that matters!!!! It's my little girl's second Christmas, and I want to make it one to remember!

-DT out!:( Merry Christmas, glad you had fun, wish like hell we won that friggin' game. Tom's gay, he chews dick flavored bubblegum, what other proof do you need?

****ing B-Lo!:shakeno:

SpurzN703
12-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a good time man. I'd never go to Buffalo for a game but I'm glad you survived. Damn B-Lo :lol:

B-lo
12-18-2006, 12:47 PM

-DT out!I kind of already said this somewhere else before I seen this thread, But you have a good Holiday too. You are so right about the Holidays and family, I got a five yr old boy, and a 8month little old girl, and that is what life is all about! I knew you would stand up and take it like a man , I wish I could say good game.:D The game sounded like it was fun , well as much fun as you can have w/a loss. But i'm gad to hear my fellow Bills fans were decent. You know how they can be....See you when yu get back. Happy Holidays and "go fuk your hat":lol:

TotoreMexico
12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Damn you B-lo:tantrum:

Anyways, Happy Holidays DT and The Depths!

like2god
12-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Have a good one Tom, I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays.

Blow, you b@stard, we'll get rid of you soon enough. :lol:

Free DolfanTom!!!!

cnc66
12-18-2006, 04:33 PM
I knew you would stand up and take it like a man :lol:

hmmm, not very good at this are you... being the "stand up" kinna guy I am, I'll 'splain for you windalicker....

you "stand up" and GIVE it like a man...you "bend over" to TAKE it like a man...:goof:

like2god
12-18-2006, 04:49 PM
hmmm, not very good at this are you... being the "stand up" kinna guy I am, I'll 'splain for you windalicker....

you "stand up" and GIVE it like a man...you "bend over" to TAKE it like a man...:goof:

I'm sure you can understand how blowboy got that mixed up. :lol:

Mike13
12-18-2006, 09:47 PM
and chug down some Samuel Adams holiday beverages

Thats good ****.