PDA

View Full Version : Mom Sues Over Rejection Of Yearbook Photo

Agent51
12-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Firgured I'd post this because it's happening in the town right next to the one I grew up in, and nothing interesting EVER happens in that area, so apparently this is a big deal there right now :lol:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16175420

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/bx20212122116widec-1.jpg (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/)

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The mother of a high school senior who posed in chain mail and held a medieval sword for his yearbook picture sued after the school rejected the photo because of its "zero-tolerance" policy against weapons.

Patrick Agin, 17, belongs to the Society for Creative Anachronism, an international organization that researches and recreates medieval history. He submitted the photo in September for the Portsmouth High School yearbook.......

This is ridiculous. First off, let me say that I am sick and tired of people suing over every little friggin' thing, it's pathetic and speaks volumes for what people in this country are really all about.

Second, I will say that I agree with the mom on this one. If she were suing just because the kid's picture wasn't allowed then it would be stupid, as the kid is holding a SWORD, which is a WEAPON, and thus violates the zero tolerence policy of every school in america (regardless of what the intent of the picture/sword are, it's still a weapon). It doesn't bother me one bit, and I wouldn't care if it were in the yearbook, but I understand why it isn't being allowed. Where the story gets screwy is when the principal screwed up and told he he could BUY and AD in the yearbook and have the photo there :confused:

Now tell me, if a picture can't be included as the senior portrait because it violates school policy, then why is it OK for it to be allowed in the book if it's PAID for? It's still in the yearbook, it still violates the policy, it's just in a different section and you made money off of it. THAT is why this story is ridiculous.

Maynard the Hammer
12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
so i guess a baseball player cant be pictured with a bat?

Stitches
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard of suing over. Then again, the one lady suing because the dip didn't taste avacadoey enough was equally over the top.

Agent51
12-18-2006, 02:06 PM
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard of suing over. Then again, the one lady suing because the dip didn't taste avacadoey enough was equally over the top.

:lol:, yea, that lady was stupid. Then again, people suing McDonald's because their fries made them fat is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Actually, them WINNING is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of :shakeno:

Miamian
12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
They better ban any textbook that talks about weapons used during wars.

SpurzN703
12-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Horrible excuse to sue and an even more horrible picture. Dork

Motion
12-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Thats how I always pictured Stitches.

TXfins54
12-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Firgured I'd post this because it's happening in the town right next to the one I grew up in, and nothing interesting EVER happens in that area, so apparently this is a big deal there right now :lol:

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/ap/bx20212122116.widec.jpg (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/)

This is ridiculous. First off, let me say that I am sick and tired of people suing over every little friggin' thing, it's pathetic and speaks volumes for what people in this country are really all about.

Second, I will say that I agree with the mom on this one. If she were suing just because the kid's picture wasn't allowed then it would be stupid, as the kid is holding a SWORD, which is a WEAPON, and thus violates the zero tolerence policy of every school in america (regardless of what the intent of the picture/sword are, it's still a weapon). It doesn't bother me one bit, and I wouldn't care if it were in the yearbook, but I understand why it isn't being allowed. Where the story gets screwy is when the principal screwed up and told he he could BUY and AD in the yearbook and have the photo there :confused:

Now tell me, if a picture can't be included as the senior portrait because it violates school policy, then why is it OK for it to be allowed in the book if it's PAID for? It's still in the yearbook, it still violates the policy, it's just in a different section and you made money off of it. THAT is why this story is ridiculous.
thats just like suing mcdonalds because they got u fat...its just a joke so someone can try to get money

Pagan
12-19-2006, 10:30 AM
:lol:, yea, that lady was stupid. Then again, people suing McDonald's because their fries made them fat is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Actually, them WINNING is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of :shakeno:
They didn't win bro, the case was thrown out before it ever got to court.

Now...the woman who sued because she spilled hot coffee on herself....SHE won. :shakeno:

Noodle Arm
12-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I doubt the kid is too upset....he's busy riding his Dragon Erazul to the town of Mezzanine to slay the evil Morlocks and save the Elf Princess Azriel with the Enchanted Sword given to him by his old wizard friend Dublerton :rolleyes:

Mike13
12-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Now...the woman who sued because she spilled hot coffee on herself....SHE won. :shakeno:

No ****ing way.

Slappy8800
12-19-2006, 01:02 PM

why does everyone omit the fact that the coffee maker was defective and the temperature of the coffee was higher than it should have been?

granted!

thats no excuse for being stupid and putting coffee between ur legs

Agent51
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM

Well, they KIND of won because now you have to buy a large and a medium to equal a super size when before it was one convienient deal, lol.

I forgot about the hot coffee lawsuit, that was so friggin' dumb too.

As for this article, like I said, it's ridiculous that the lady is suing, but at the same time, the principal totally screwed up because he said the picture couldn't be his senior portrait because he has a sword and it violates the zero tolerence policy, but then he told her they could BUY an ad in the yearbook and have the photo there, so what the hell is the difference? The pic would still be there, just in a different place and it would have been paid for, so that's why the story is messed up. If it were just a case of the pic not being allowed period there would be no argument.

Green Ranger
12-19-2006, 01:32 PM
yeah cool picture 'froto baggins'

i dont think id WANT my highschool to see that in their yearbooks for the rest of their lives haha

Agent51
12-19-2006, 01:43 PM
I bet this kid is now the outcast of the school (as if he weren't already, lol). They are stopping print on the yearbook til this is resolved, so THAT will piss off a lot of people, especially seniors. Also, Portsmouth is a very snobby, rich people town that is like a wannabe Beverly Hills or something, so this kid has probably been ostrasized all his life by the "popular" kids already, this CAN'T be helping. In Portsmouth, if you don't have tons of money and you don't play football or cheerlead, you are a huge loser, just like in those teen drama movies, lol. Our football team was rivals with Portsmouth all the way from Pop-Warner up to High School (the were in a different division in high school) and everytime we played them not only did they kill us, because they are BREAD for football, lol, but the players and the parents were so stuck up and snobby it was ridiculous. It's funny because there are 3 towns in our county, Portsmouth, Middletown (my hometown) and Newport, and they are ALL fairly wealthy towns, the only difference being Portsmouth residents like to think they are better than everyone else. That's prolly why this kid has no friends and why his mom is suing for more money, :lol:

Colorado Dolfan
12-19-2006, 02:14 PM

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/ap/bx20212122116.widec.jpg (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/)

Looking at that picture, I think the school is trying to save the kids life... :shakeno:

Philter25
12-19-2006, 02:45 PM
This reminds me of a song:

Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people......

Mike13
12-19-2006, 07:19 PM
I bet this kid is now the outcast of the school (as if he weren't already, lol). They are stopping print on the yearbook til this is resolved, so THAT will piss off a lot of people, especially seniors. Also, Portsmouth is a very snobby, rich people town that is like a wannabe Beverly Hills or something, so this kid has probably been ostrasized all his life by the "popular" kids already, this CAN'T be helping. In Portsmouth, if you don't have tons of money and you don't play football or cheerlead, you are a huge loser, just like in those teen drama movies, lol. Our football team was rivals with Portsmouth all the way from Pop-Warner up to High School (the were in a different division in high school) and everytime we played them not only did they kill us, because they are BREAD for football, lol, but the players and the parents were so stuck up and snobby it was ridiculous. It's funny because there are 3 towns in our county, Portsmouth, Middletown (my hometown) and Newport, and they are ALL fairly wealthy towns, the only difference being Portsmouth residents like to think they are better than everyone else. That's prolly why this kid has no friends and why his mom is suing for more money, :lol:

WASPS huh. You should go there and walk around with a Sign tthat says Miami 21- New England 0, then you should shout that Tom Brady is gay.

NewEra8
12-19-2006, 08:25 PM
This is why WoW should be banned :lol:

Agent51
12-21-2006, 11:09 AM
WASPS huh. You should go there and walk around with a Sign tthat says Miami 21- New England 0, then you should shout that Tom Brady is gay.

:lol:

It would be better if I walked around with a sign that said "Pats Suck", as thier football team is the Patriots too, lol. Unfortunately, I am now a 15hr flight away, so that's not as doable as when I was in high school