PDA

View Full Version : The agony of being a Fin Fan

FACEMASK01
12-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Why would someone continue to punish themselves year in and year out?
maybe the dolphins should think about changing their names to the South Beach suicides because they kill themselves with stupid plays and game plans
year in and year out! I equate being a fins fan to the scene in the matrix when the agents are trying to expell the zion codes from morpus head, I feel like morpus when I'm watching dolphins games, this should be against the law for a team with such rich tradition to murder their fans with such mondane proformances on sunday afternoons- there are 31 other teams to choose from
and it's sad that some people will have to be ran from the team they love and grew up rooting for because of season killing players, play calling, coaching and other
excuses that would relate to the agony of a poor miami dolphin fan!

tay0365
12-18-2006, 04:46 PM
maybe the dolphins should think about changing their names to the South Beach suicides because they kill themselves with stupid plays and game plans
year in and year out! I equate being a fins fan to the scene in the matrix when the agents are trying to expell the zion codes from morpus head, I feel like morpus when I'm watching dolphins games, this should be against the law for a team with such rich tradition to murder their fans with such mondane proformances on sunday afternoons- there are 31 other teams to choose from
and it's sad that some people will have to be ran from the team they love and grew up rooting for because of season killing players, play calling, coaching and other

:) Well, I think if you have to think about why you are a fan of this team, or whether you should continue, maybe it's time you abandon ship, jump on another bandwagon, the Pats are looking good, or maybe you can become a jets or Bills fan.....................they could use another fan....Take care and good bye Well, I think if you have to think about why you are a fan of this team, or whether you should continue, maybe it's time you abandon ship, jump on another bandwagon, the Pats are looking good, or maybe you can become a jets or Bills fan.....................they could use another fan....Take care and good bye :wave: :www:

SUPERDUPER85
12-18-2006, 04:47 PM
i agree with you but there is a certain amount of pride in sticking with the same team for life and not becoming a fair weather fan. I just try not to take it so personal anymore, I used to get so bent after a loss that it used to take me til Friday to get over it. Just take it for what it is a for it is a form of entertainment and remeber these guys don't put any food on your table.

Brown42000
12-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Go root for the Chargers then.

finfan75
12-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Hootie and the Blowfish even sung about it. The dolphins always make me cry.

Oh well i'll still be here next year.

AquaAssasin
12-18-2006, 04:57 PM

I think you need to get a life and move on. There are better and more important things in life to be worried about. Football shouldnt be one of them.

Move on.

unluckyluciano
12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I think you need to get a life and move on. There are better and more important things in life to be worried about. Football shouldnt be one of them.

Move on.

I'm going to become a Clevland brown fan..........wait a minute............

miaD5499
12-18-2006, 06:23 PM

thats pretty weak if you ask me, i mean to just quit being a fan because your team is going through hard times and not winning you have to hang in there when the times are bad...thats what being a fan is, sticking with your team throughout. I know yesterdays lost hurt but if you think about it before yesterday you wouldnt of posted the things that you posted today, you cant take one smack down so hard i mean im not going to tell you that im not taking it hard but never will it ever cross my mind to abond ship, thats not what im about. im not a red sox fan in fact i HATE the red sox (yankees fan) but if you look at their fans through the years that stuck with the loosing for 86 years and then finaly won a championship, that was the best day in some of those peoples lives and i know the day that the dolphins win a championship ill be right there and nothing else will matter. hold on if your truly a sincere fan of this team but if your really considering droping this team from your life then i nor no one else will be there to stop you. DOLFAN FOR LIFE:dolphins:

Rick 1966
12-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I feel ya man. Been suffering with these underachievers for a long time. Had my heart broken when Marino never won a ring, and ever since Shula left it's been one mediocre season after another, broken only by the 2000 campaign. Sometimes I think that when Don left, he took this team's heart with him.

Vertical Limit
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
lol This topic is funny.

Ozfin77
12-18-2006, 06:54 PM
I can see what you're saying man, because I feel the same....I take it bad when we lose and it's hard not to take it personally.

I posted this in another thread, but as you can see I'm from Australia. Down here I root for a team called the Cronulla Sharks who are about to begin their 40th season in the league.

We've NEVER won a championship.

I take it hard when they lose too, but something my girlfriend said to me last season really made sense......

They cant and dont love you back.......Think about it....I did.

bluehaze
LOL, It's rough man, you continue to support the team, the players, you root for them you want them to do well, they look like playoff contendors one week then the next week it hits you like a brick in the face, BAM right back where we started from.

MiamiMan147
Guess what, about 97% of NFL fans are disappointed after the end of the season. That's because there's 32 teams and only one wins a championship.62.5% of NFL teams wont make the playoffs. You want tough, try being a Raiders fan right now. Or a Bengals fan in the 90s. Or a Lions fan... ever. We're still the winningest franchise in the NFL since the merger. Would you rather be a Bills fan? We have the perfect season, they have 4 straight Superbowl losses as their greatest achievement. The Chargers are awesome right now and look like they'll win it all. Last year they were underachievers who missed out on the playoffs. If you'd felt this way last year, you might have jumped ship and become a fan of the defending champion Steelers... and ended up in the same damn boat we're in. The Eagles were consistently one of the best teams in the NFC a few years back. How much do you think their fans enjoyed 3 losses in the NFC championship followed by a Superbowl loss? The Colts have the best QB in the league, and no rings to show for it. I could go on, and on, and on....

Such is the lot of an NFL football fan. Buck up, or quit watching the sport altogether, because no matter what, you're going to go through times like these.

Ozfin77
12-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Guess what, about 97% of NFL fans are disappointed after the end of the season. That's because there's 32 teams and only one wins a championship.62.5% of NFL teams wont make the playoffs. You want tough, try being a Raiders fan right now. Or a Bengals fan in the 90s. Or a Lions fan... ever. We're still the winningest franchise in the NFL since the merger. Would you rather be a Bills fan? We have the perfect season, they have 4 straight Superbowl losses as their greatest achievement. The Chargers are awesome right now and look like they'll win it all. Last year they were underachievers who missed out on the playoffs. If you'd felt this way last year, you might have jumped ship and become a fan of the defending champion Steelers... and ended up in the same damn boat we're in. The Eagles were consistently one of the best teams in the NFC a few years back. How much do you think their fans enjoyed 3 losses in the NFC championship followed by a Superbowl loss? The Colts have the best QB in the league, and no rings to show for it. I could go on, and on, and on....

Such is the lot of an NFL football fan. Buck up, or quit watching the sport altogether, because no matter what, you're going to go through times like these.

Says it all really.

KingNick88
12-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Long Live Fins!!!

Shula Come Back!
12-18-2006, 07:16 PM
We are all Dolphin fans because we know in our hearts that one day they will win the big game, and the victory will be even sweeter to us because we have been waiting for it! It just won't be this year!

dolphindebby
12-18-2006, 07:20 PM

If you can't be a REAL fan, maybe you need to go somewhere else. The real fans hang in there, fussing, griping, second guessing, cussing the coach and players, but we hang tough and fast to the hope it can only get better.
Dolphins forever!!!!!:tantrum: :tantrum: