PDA

View Full Version : Do Jets Fans Always Suck This Bad?

35Ralph
12-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm an admin on a Bills site and we get the Jet trolls strolling in around gametime but Jesus!, they are locusts here. I know we give you guys crap but it's all in good fun. And we have regulars on our site that are Fin fans and are fixtures there.

But I see a bunch of New Yawkers here acting like adolecent snot kids and not very good at smack either. The funny thing is that I think the Fins are going to shut them down next week.

The trolls did the same thing to us two weeks ago but not as bad at our site.

Ohh. Score of the game where the trolls promised we'd get killed? 30-13 Bills. LMAO

Fins 17
Jets 6

Smithboy
12-18-2006, 05:04 PM
JetFan is cut from a different cloth entirely. Definately a "unique" fanbase.

Yes, they're all over Miami sites, and they're all over South Florida in general.

Thank God they've only won the division three times since the 60's, or I don't know what I'd do.

FanMarino
12-18-2006, 05:07 PM
I Just Hate Green!!!

shanem40
12-18-2006, 05:13 PM
JetFan is cut from a different cloth entirely. Definately a "unique" fanbase.

Yes, they're all over Miami sites, and they're all over South Florida in general.

Thank God they've only won the division three times since the 60's, or I don't know what I'd do.and jets fans tlka as if there team was a dynasty .. they are the biggest front running fans in the leauge

BleedinGreenNC
12-18-2006, 05:26 PM
and jets fans tlka as if there team was a dynasty .. they are the biggest front running fans in the leauge

Who talks like we are a dynasty?

Think about what your saying:

You say that we are front running fans, yet you have to be a good team and be leading something to have front running fans. And at the same time you say that we have a history of losing. ?? One or the other man.

FanMarino
12-18-2006, 05:27 PM

You say that we are front running fans, yet you have to be a good team and be leading something to have front running fans. And at the same time you say that we have a history of losing. ?? One or the other man.

When he said front running fans i think he was being sarcastic.

shanem40
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM

You say that we are front running fans, yet you have to be a good team and be leading something to have front running fans. And at the same time you say that we have a history of losing. ?? One or the other man.you guys only run your mouth when are winning witch is rare

BleedinGreenNC
12-18-2006, 05:52 PM
you guys only run your mouth when are winning witch is rare

Not this fan, been here for awhile talking with the Veteran posters. Win or lose, i will still be here.

miaD5499
12-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Not this fan, been here for awhile talking with the Veteran posters. Win or lose, i will still be here.

i can tell that your a sincere jet fan but in general i live in NY and the jet fan base is pathetic, not in the sense of number of fans but in the way they talk as if they are the class of the league and for the most part make no sense or dont know what they are talking about when they try to trash the dolphins or when a weakness of their team is pointed out...they just think that they run the league or something, or atleast from the part of NY that im from jet fans are like this

BleedinGreenNC
12-18-2006, 06:04 PM
i can tell that your a sincere jet fan but in general i live in NY and the jet fan base is pathetic, not in the sense of number of fans but in the way they talk as if they are the class of the league and for the most part make no sense or dont know what they are talking about when they try to trash the dolphins or when a weakness of their team is pointed out...they just think that they run the league or something, or atleast from the part of NY that im from jet fans are like this

Im with you on that, i am originally from NY and moved to NC in 1997, been a fan all my life. I was born and bred to hate the phins. Although somehow my uncle is a fins fan.

35Ralph
12-18-2006, 06:04 PM
What can you say about a team who's field general goes by the name of Chadwick?

Probably got swirlies on a regular basis in high school with a name like that.

I know if I heard someone in my class was named Chadwick I'd have been gunning to stick his head in the crapper and flush. LOL

unluckyluciano
12-18-2006, 06:05 PM

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

j/k :D

BleedinGreenNC
12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

j/k :D

:tongue:

MiamiJet420
12-18-2006, 06:24 PM
For the record, I don't even know how you guys understand each other. Half of you are as illiterate as it gets. How about adding spell check to the site.

I understand where your animosity comes from. I mean, you have the 72 season and we have a 13-4 record over you guys for the past 17 games. We've been to the playoffs 5 times in the past 8 years, while you guys haven't been there for 5 years straight. Jason Taylor, an all-star has been with you guys for 9 years and has only seen 3 playoff games... all losses.

We have a "field general" named Chadwick. At least we have a general. And you guys are right.. it's all in the name. How can you ever want a guy named Chadwick on your team? Who cares if he's the second most accurate passer in league history? I'm sure you'd rather have that guy with the 0.0 passer rating and 20 yards on the day.

Shall we get to running backs? Or would you rather avoid talking about your pothead star running up somewhere in Canada. Or the first round pick you have on the bench now. I'd love to indulge, if you don't mind, on our Hall of Famer Curtis Martin... nah, nevermind. You've had enough of him over the years. So much so, there was a span where Jason Taylor had Martin's jersey in his own locker. Must've put it in there the day we made him cry on that beautiful Monday night in 2000...

Shall I go on? Maybe we can touch base on how it was your team that got Belicheck's clone and not us... NOT. Or we can talk about how you guys were supposed to be in the playoffs, super bowl none-the-less, this year and we were supposed to be at the bottom of the league... NOT!

Please... get real guys. Don't let denial get in the way. Start researching the college ranks and start talking about draft picks for next year.

In closing, I'd really like to say that us Jets fans.. we absolutely love it that you hate us.

See you at the game Monday.
Hugs and kisses
MiamiJet420

35Ralph
12-18-2006, 06:29 PM
For the record, I don't even know how you guys understand each other. Half of you are as illiterate as it gets. How about adding spell check to the site.

I understand where your animosity comes from. I mean, you have the 72 season and we have a 13-4 record over you guys for the past 17 games. We've been to the playoffs 5 times in the past 8 years, while you guys haven't been there for 5 years straight. Jason Taylor, an all-star has been with you guys for 9 years and has only seen 3 playoff games... all losses.

We have a "field general" named Chadwick. At least we have a general. And you guys are right.. it's all in the name. How can you ever want a guy named Chadwick on your team? Who cares if he's the second most accurate passer in league history? I'm sure you'd rather have that guy with the 0.0 passer rating and 20 yards on the day.

Shall we get to running backs? Or would you rather avoid talking about your pothead star running up somewhere in Canada. Or the first round pick you have on the bench now. I'd love to indulge, if you don't mind, on our Hall of Famer Curtis Martin... nah, nevermind. You've had enough of him over the years. So much so, there was a span where Jason Taylor had Martin's jersey in his own locker. Must've put it in there the day we made him cry on that beautiful Monday night in 2000...

Shall I go on? Maybe we can touch base on how it was your team that got Belicheck's clone and not us... NOT. Or we can talk about how you guys were supposed to be in the playoffs, super bowl none-the-less, this year and we were supposed to be at the bottom of the league... NOT!

Please... get real guys. Don't let denial get in the way. Start researching the college ranks and start talking about draft picks for next year.

In closing, I'd really like to say that us Jets fans.. we absolutely love it that you hate us.

Hugs and kisses
MiamiJet420

Uhhhm. I'm a Bills fan. 30-13? LOL We dropped Chadwick 4 times that week in your house and he averaged a WOW, ready for this? 3.7 yards per pass.

This Fin D will be PISSED and in their house. Chadwick will drop 5 times and throw 2 picks. No TD's. Take that to the bank.

Smithboy
12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Who cares if he's the second most accurate passer in league history?

Heh, that was a nice spin on reality.

The only reason Chad Pennington throws up a high completion percentage is because the Jets run a gimmicky, short-pattern timing offense that's tailored directly to his lack of arm strength. In other words, it's a true "dink & dunk" offense in every sense of the term.

He also can't stay healthy and is one of the most overpaid Quarterbacks in the league.

That was a pretty humorous post, guy. Thanks.

Smithboy
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Shall we get to running backs? Or would you rather avoid talking about your pothead star running up somewhere in Canada. Or the first round pick you have on the bench now.

Ronnie Brown is better than anything you've got at tailback, by far.

The cast is off this week, by the way. Try and do a better job of slowing him down than last time.

unluckyluciano
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM

Yes truly the Nots on your post help your intelligence shine through. Anywho, good luck at the game brotha.

Green Ranger
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
god i hate that guy, and i hate the friggin jets.....im soo glad ill be there on christmas to watch those pansies cry home to their time shares, and drive 40 mph on I-95....

JETS FAN 10
12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
J-E-T-S JETS!! JETS!! JETS!!

MiamiJet420
12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Heh, that was a nice spin on reality.

The only reason Chad Pennington throws up a high completion percentage is because the Jets run a gimmicky, short-pattern timing offense that's tailored directly to his lack of arm strength. In other words, it's a true "dink & dunk" offense in every sense of the term.

He also can't stay healthy and is one of the most overpaid Quarterbacks in the league.

That was a pretty humorous post, guy. Thanks.

Look up Moron in the dictionary... says Smithboy right next to it.

Montana won a few superbowls with the same offense we run.
As far as staying healthy, last time I checked, he's been in there this whole year. Who's got their number one qb on the bench nowadays anyway. That's right, it's Peg-Legged Culpepper.

Quit believeing your own bull****. You know that you would take a Chad right now over Harrington.

Green Ranger
12-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Look up Moron in the dictionary... says Smithboy right next to it.

Montana won a few superbowls with the same offense we run.
As far as staying healthy, last time I checked, he's been in there this whole year. Who's got their number one qb on the bench nowadays anyway. That's right, it's Peg-Legged Culpepper.

Quit believeing your own bull****. You know that you would take a Chad right now over Harrington.

or maybe he'll start 'believing' it.........

haha who need's spell check?

35Ralph
12-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Who cares if he's the second most accurate passer in league history?

Ohh the inhumanity of it all.

Tell me. Do you feel cheated that Chadwick is not honored in the same breath as Kelly, Elway, and Marino?

Does it frost you that Manning and Palmer are getting all the glory now?

It's almost as if Chadwick is getting a metaphorical swirlie here.

No respect I tell ya.

Hey. Question. If Abraham made of paper or something?

MiamiJet420
12-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Ohh the inhumanity of it all.

Tell me. Do you feel cheated that Chadwick is not honored in the same breath as Kelly, Elway, and Marino?

Does it frost you that Manning and Palmer are getting all the glory now?

It's almost as if Chadwick is getting a metaphorical swirlie here.

No respect I tell ya.

Hey. Question. If Abraham made of paper or something?

Chad isn't Marino, Elway, or Kelly... Actually Marino isn't even Elway either.. Elway's got a ring or two.

We can debate about Chad all you want. Fact of the matter is, He's a leader and you don't have one. He's a winner and you don't have one. He's smart, and you have a guy that Detroit was dying to get rid of. He has a winning record.. and you don't. He has 2 playoff wins under his belt, and you don't. Say what you will... He gets the job done. And that's all you can ask for.

MiamiJet420
12-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Chad isn't Marino, Elway, or Kelly... Actually Marino isn't even Elway either.. Elway's got a ring or two.

We can debate about Chad all you want. Fact of the matter is, He's a leader and you don't have one. He's a winner and you don't have one. He's smart, and you have a guy that Detroit was dying to get rid of. He has a winning record.. and you don't. He has 2 playoff wins under his belt, and you don't. Say what you will... He gets the job done. And that's all you can ask for.

And uh, genious... Abraham isn't a Jet anymore. He's a Falcon now. We let him go for that reason. He's a fragile *****.

Jets 24
Dolphags 13

fins4o8
12-18-2006, 06:48 PM
i love reading a good clean smack talk between divisional rival fans esp when no one is taking anything personally.

go fins!

DDTDON
12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
J-E-T-S JETS!! JETS!! JETS!!

S-U-C-K SUCK!! SUCK!! SUCK!!

There I finished the rest of your sentence for you.

MiamiJet420
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
i love reading a good clean smack talk between divisional rival fans esp when no one is taking anything personally.

go fins!

Hey... YOu can't expect us to keep quiet when the thread is about your fellow peeps. It's all in good fun anyway. I'm married to a DOlphin fan for crying out loud. Without the fans... what would the game be like? Who would the players play for?

ihateyou134
12-18-2006, 07:00 PM
HEY!!!! Jets Fans!! How's the weather up there?? i heard it was beautiful, lot of bright sunny days, with not a cloud in sight, Except for the gray clouds and Smog mist covering it.... How's it gona feel when we beat you and knock you out of playoff contention?!?!?

Ps. U guys always smell like piss at the games

35Ralph
12-18-2006, 07:04 PM
And uh, genious... Abraham isn't a Jet anymore. He's a Falcon now. We let him go for that reason. He's a fragile *****.

Jets 24
Dolphags 13

Hey Genuis. This is what? The third or fourth time that I've said I am not a Fin fan.

Reading issues?

Since he played for you for so long I wanted to know why he was a 1st round bust.

Fins 17
Jets 6

No TDs this week for you guys.

shanem40
12-18-2006, 07:18 PM

Hugs and kisses
MiamiJet420ahhhhh you guys have won three divsion titles since the 60s we have the nfl all time winnig percent before our slump over the last 5 five years we went to the playoffs 5 years in a row your teams best all time best player is an over rated drunk your team has had 7 losing seasons in the last 16 years we have had two dont tell me whos team is better

Silverphin
12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Uhhhm. I'm a Bills fan. 30-13? LOL We dropped Chadwick 4 times that week in your house and he averaged a WOW, ready for this? 3.7 yards per pass.

This Fin D will be PISSED and in their house. Chadwick will drop 5 times and throw 2 picks. No TD's. Take that to the bank.

You're on the very short list of Bill fans I like. :D

SQuinn17
12-18-2006, 07:42 PM
we'll see how happy those jet fans our when we knock theyre butts outta the playoff race in a week!

MiamiJet420
12-18-2006, 08:14 PM
ahhhhh you guys have won three divsion titles since the 60s we have the nfl all time winnig percent before our slump over the last 5 five years we went to the playoffs 5 years in a row your teams best all time best player is an over rated drunk your team has had 7 losing seasons in the last 16 years we have had two dont tell me whos team is better

What does having the NFL all time winning percentage do for you this year? Nada... What does the undefeated season mean for your chances of wiining this season or the next? Nada.. Let go of history dude. I know it's all you've got, but seriously it's borderline pathetic.

The question is not who's been better since the beginning of time. Who's better today? Who's near future is brighter? If you say the Dolphins, that's homerism at it's finest. You guys aren't even sure if your coach is coming back next year. Your defense is old... your o-line can't block itself out of a wet paper bag, your wide receivers forgot what it was like to catch a football, and if it wasn't for JT, you can add 3 more losses to that pathetic record you guys have. And as for Buffalo's shut out. I guess Saban couldn't get Losman's audio before game time...

Alxphins
12-18-2006, 10:07 PM
What does having the NFL all time winning percentage do for you this year? Nada... What does the undefeated season mean for your chances of wiining this season or the next? Nada.. Let go of history dude. I know it's all you've got, but seriously it's borderline pathetic.

The question is not who's been better since the beginning of time. Who's better today? Who's near future is brighter? If you say the Dolphins, that's homerism at it's finest. You guys aren't even sure if your coach is coming back next year. Your defense is old... your o-line can't block itself out of a wet paper bag, your wide receivers forgot what it was like to catch a football, and if it wasn't for JT, you can add 3 more losses to that pathetic record you guys have. And as for Buffalo's shut out. I guess Saban couldn't get Losman's audio before game time...

One quick question if you want to talk about team history and franchises. Who has more superbowl wins? more afc championships? more division titles? a better winning percentage? more winning seasons? more playoff victories? After you answer those questions get back to me. By the way don't try to limit it to a selective group of years where you have had a good run. The only way to look at it fairly is to look at the entire history.

MiamiJet420
12-18-2006, 10:23 PM
One quick question if you want to talk about team history and franchises. Who has more superbowl wins? more afc championships? more division titles? a better winning percentage? more winning seasons? more playoff victories? After you answer those questions get back to me. By the way don't try to limit it to a selective group of years where you have had a good run. The only way to look at it fairly is to look at the entire history.

Genius, you obviously didn't read the part in my post where I said it wasn't about history, that it's about the now. And right now... yesterday, today, and tomorrow... the Jets are the better team with lesser talent. That is all I'm saying here. I merely brought up the past b/c that seems what most posters here and most DOlphin fans tend to lean on lately... seeing that you guys have pretty much stunk up the joint ever since that ridiculous *** pounding that Jacksonville gave you a few years back. Oops.. there goes history again...

Type-O
12-18-2006, 10:45 PM
and jets fans tlka as if there team was a dynasty .. they are the biggest front running fans in the leaugethink about the term "front running" when you look at how many of our fans are in your house every year. And our season tix have been sold out how long?

endorPHINS72
12-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Genius, you obviously didn't read the part in my post where I said it wasn't about history, that it's about the now. And right now... yesterday, today, and tomorrow... the Jets are the better team with lesser talent. That is all I'm saying here. I merely brought up the past b/c that seems what most posters here and most DOlphin fans tend to lean on lately... seeing that you guys have pretty much stunk up the joint ever since that ridiculous *** pounding that Jacksonville gave you a few years back. Oops.. there goes history again...

You really need to read the terms of service before you start talking **** to other posters here. If you want to insult other members, take it to "The Depths". Putdowns and derogatory comments aren't tolerated in the main forum.

chicoboy17988
12-18-2006, 10:51 PM

can you tell me what section you are going to be sitting in??? I want to laugh in your face when we take you out of the playoff race...please let me know where you are gonig to be.....im in section 419

MIAdolphin89
12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
wow you live in the same city as me BleedinGreenNC, and it further justifies the acronym it has been given. CARY - Central Area for Relocated Yankees :lol:

p.s. - are you one of the jets fans at woody's ever?

Alxphins
12-18-2006, 11:13 PM

Well pardon me as I am talking to a certified savant because out of the one side of your mouth you state it is not about history and then out of the other you state "yesterday, today and tommorrow" the jets are better. Last time I checked "yesterday" has more to do with history than the present Einstein. (By the way "last year" your pathetic jets were 4-12 and we were 9-7 so get over yourself.) By the way let see if in fact you make the playoffs you guys are known for not seeing things through. Say what you will you guys may be having a slighty better season than us after we lost our starting QB but I will take our team over the next five years over yours with no running backs a poor defense and an average qb. I mean we are 6-8 and you are 8-6 and our offense and defense rated higher than yours. It is not like you are 10-4. You have gotten a few more breaks this year and stayed away from major injuries that is why you are two games ahead of us nothing more.

Coral Reefer
12-19-2006, 12:04 AM
think about the term "front running" when you look at how many of our fans are in your house every year.

That's because there are a million of you here in S. FL.

Despite New Yawkas nonstop mouth running about how New Yawk is the greatest city in the world, you people flee to S. FL. faster than the East Germans fled into West Germany when the Berlin wall came down.

New Yawkas are full of it.

MiamiJet420
12-19-2006, 12:46 AM
You really need to read the terms of service before you start talking **** to other posters here. If you want to insult other members, take it to "The Depths". Putdowns and derogatory comments aren't tolerated in the main forum.

Where's the derogatory or the putdown? An a55pounding is an a55pounding.

nyjunc
12-19-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm an admin on a Bills site and we get the Jet trolls strolling in around gametime but Jesus!, they are locusts here. I know we give you guys crap but it's all in good fun. And we have regulars on our site that are Fin fans and are fixtures there.

But I see a bunch of New Yawkers here acting like adolecent snot kids and not very good at smack either. The funny thing is that I think the Fins are going to shut them down next week.

Ohh. Score of the game where the trolls promised we'd get killed? 30-13 Bills. LMAO

Fins 17
Jets 6

you win a couple of games and all of a sudden you start talking trash but you are still behind us and you have virtually no shot at the playoffs so take your talk to the opffseason where we'll hear all offseason how great you'll be next year(just like '02, '03, '04 and '05).

Type-O
12-19-2006, 08:56 AM

Despite New Yawkas nonstop mouth running about how New Yawk is the greatest city in the world, you people flee to S. FL. faster than the East Germans fled into West Germany when the Berlin wall came down.

New Yawkas are full of it.Actually,the transplants are retirees looking for warm weather. Your fanbase is just pathetic.

BleedinGreenNC
12-19-2006, 09:57 AM

I am a transplant from NY, i actually moved to NC, i left NY because of the rising prices of everything, i prefer the south, better climate, atmosphere. But i will always be a die hard Jets fan!

like2god
12-19-2006, 10:05 AM

I'm from NY, born and raised, and I don't plan on leaving. I actually like this state and I think that it's the greatest place in the world. Am I full of it too? :rolleyes2

BleedinGreenNC
12-19-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm from NY, born and raised, and I don't plan on leaving. I actually like this state and I think that it's the greatest place in the world. Am I full of it too? :rolleyes2

Very!!:D

like2god
12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Very!!:D
:lol:

B@stard!!!

BleedinGreenNC
12-19-2006, 11:07 AM
:lol:

B@stard!!!

Stop following me!!:sidelol:

like2god
12-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Stop following me!!:sidelol:

Make me. :nana:

finfan01
12-19-2006, 11:17 AM

:yes:

:D:Dj/k

BleedinGreenNC
12-19-2006, 11:21 AM
:yes:

:D:Dj/k

Great minds think alike!!:D

Mike13
12-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Montana won a few superbowls with the same offense we run

Montana had one of the best teams around him of all time, maybe the best.
Oh and he was Montana, Chad ain't Montana, Coles ain't Jerry Rice.

Nick Mangold
12-19-2006, 02:48 PM

Hugs and kisses
MiamiJet420

:rocker: :0wned: :www:

pretty much sums it up.

nothing to add.

great job.

Alxphins
12-19-2006, 03:16 PM
:rocker: :0wned: :www:

pretty much sums it up.

nothing to add.

great job.

Get over yourself. You guys are one of the most pathetic frachises in sports and constantly have to try to knock other frachises when they are down because you have nothing to root for. Again, lets look at the facts who has a better winning percentage, superbowls, playoffs wins, afc championships, division titles etc. You can't deal with that so you cut out a three year period and try and hang your hat on that. My lord, you were 4-12 last year.....come back when you actually accomplish something as a franchise....

nyjunc
12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Get over yourself. You guys are one of the most pathetic frachises in sports and constantly have to try to knock other frachises when they are down because you have nothing to root for. Again, lets look at the facts who has a better winning percentage, superbowls, playoffs wins, afc championships, division titles etc. You can't deal with that so you cut out a three year period and try and hang your hat on that. My lord, you were 4-12 last year.....come back when you actually accomplish something as a franchise....

I love it when Phin fans act like they are Dallas, Pitt or SF. the facts are Miami hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 years, haven't won a division in 12 years, haven't been to an AFC Title Game in 14 years and haven't been close to an AF Title Game in 12 years. For all the "greatness" that is the Miami Dolphins you have just ONE more Championship than the "pathetic" Jets and your last Championship was 33 years ago, only 5 years later than ours.

Alxphins
12-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I love it when Phin fans act like they are Dallas, Pitt or SF. the facts are Miami hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 years, haven't won a division in 12 years, haven't been to an AFC Title Game in 14 years and haven't been close to an AF Title Game in 12 years. For all the "greatness" that is the Miami Dolphins you have just ONE more Championship than the "pathetic" Jets and your last Championship was 33 years ago, only 5 years later than ours.

I love it when Jet fans act like they have any type of tradition. Say what you will but here are the facts:
Since 1970 Merger top five teams in the NFL

W L T & Div. Conf SB

Miami 367 222 2 623 12 5 2
Pitt 361 234 2 606 17 6 5
Dallas 356 245 0 502 15 8 5
Denver 340 238 6 587 10 6 2
San Fran 343 247 3 581 17 5 5

And the Jets are bringing up the rear at 27th

Jets 245 320 2 434 2 0 0

Alxphins
12-19-2006, 06:12 PM

Based on the stats posted above it is clear you guys don't eben belong in the same universe as us when it comes to tradition and winning. For god sakes a .434 winning percentage and a mere 2 division titles. And your point of our lack of success lately is well-taken but you know what they say is better to have been a "has been" than a "never was" which is exactly what the Jets are.

nyrican
12-19-2006, 11:01 PM
:bandwagon

:D sweet got to love it the great mi---------ami dullphins blah blah blah winning percentage this and winning percentage that... face it the Dolphins Suck... and it's 6 years and counting with no playoffs..

so much for St Nick the Nicatator...

Alxphins
12-19-2006, 11:20 PM

:D sweet got to love it the great mi---------ami dullphins blah blah blah winning percentage this and winning percentage that... face it the Dolphins Suck... and it's 6 years and counting with no playoffs..

Well if we suck considering your record you guys are beyond pathetic...LOL....you got nothing to argue in favor of your sorry pathetic team so you try to play critics with us....well like I said better to be a has been than a never was...I mean you guys have never been good consistenly...basically you have consistently sucked

Mike13
12-19-2006, 11:51 PM

The Jets aren't exactly a lock this year you know.

Jupiterfin
12-20-2006, 02:57 AM
The more time that you spend with Jets fan, the more you see that they are the darkness, the skeletons hand reching from beyond the end, a dark and desolate place where childrens' nightmares fester. A place where dust grows on dust and darkness begins and ends with darkness.
A Jets fan is everything wrong and bad in the world today. They are the dead bloated carcas on the riverbed covered in maggotts, the puss seeping scab, and the Yaks ballsac.
I do not like the Jets, Jets fans, Fire marshall Bill (whatever his name is), or their gay a$$ chant. I will do my part on Monday to let them know that they are not welcome in Dolphin Stadium, will you? I want them to leave Miami with their playoff dreams on OUR field, OUR house. Now who's with me?

nyjunc
12-20-2006, 06:45 AM
I love it when Jet fans act like they have any type of tradition. Say what you will but here are the facts:
Since 1970 Merger top five teams in the NFL

W L T & Div. Conf SB

Miami 367 222 2 623 12 5 2
Pitt 361 234 2 606 17 6 5
Dallas 356 245 0 502 15 8 5
Denver 340 238 6 587 10 6 2
San Fran 343 247 3 581 17 5 5

And the Jets are bringing up the rear at 27th

Jets 245 320 2 434 2 0 0

Oh I forgot you have winning seasons:sidelol: The bottom line is we have 1 title, you have just 1 more and all 3 of them happened 33-38 years ago and you guys haven't even competed for a playoff spot in 5 years. Take your meaninglss "winning seasons'"statistics and post them to someone who cares, the dolphins are not an elite franchise and haven't been since the early 80s.

Based on the stats posted above it is clear you guys don't eben belong in the same universe as us when it comes to tradition and winning. For god sakes a .434 winning percentage and a mere 2 division titles. And your point of our lack of success lately is well-taken but you know what they say is better to have been a "has been" than a "never was" which is exactly what the Jets are.

2 Championships to 1, that doesn't seem do far off to me and last I checked in recent, relevant history we have been better so keep living in the 70s.

The Jets aren't exactly a lock this year you know.

We have a chance heading into the final 2 weeks something Miami hasn't had since 2002 and you haven't made it since 2001. The pats hadn't won a SB the last time you guys made the playoffs.

I do not like the Jets, Jets fans, Fire marshall Bill (whatever his name is), or their gay a$$ chant

it's better than your gay song you ripped off from the Houston oilers.

I will do my part on Monday to let them know that they are not welcome in Dolphin Stadium, will you? I want them to leave Miami with their playoff dreams on OUR field, OUR house. Now who's with me?

you would think you'd be nicer to Jet fans for helping you sell out your house, your field.

Jupiterfin
12-20-2006, 03:31 PM
you would think you'd be nicer to Jet fans for helping you sell out your house, your field.[/quote]

That's amusing, considering it's coming from a fan of a team that has to borrow a stadium. Your sorry team doesnt even have cheerleaders. It is an illigitamate step child franchise.

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:02 PM

Fins 17
Jets 6To answer your initial question - short of the occasional rational Jets fan, and I do mean occasional, most definitely:

YES!!!!

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:07 PM
... basically you have consistently suckedThis is a fact that no Jet fan ever seems to understand. They have no history other than some drunk QB making a prediction and having it - thanks to a backroom deal with teh devil - come true!

Since 1969, what exaclty have the Jets contributed to the NFL landscape except lots of laughs and extreme heartache for their fans!!

Sure, we haven't won a championshp since the 1973 season, but at least we Dolphin fans have a reason to believe - and have at least been "in it" every season except for a handful. Sucking badly seems to be a birthright for the Jets. And the funniest part is when they almost have a good team, they bandwagon on top of it and act as if their history never happened!!!

You suck, Your franchise sucks, and you will never win anything again! Your team will tease you, tease you, and then tease you some more - but always leave you w/ blue balls!!

If you want examples, specifically see 1986, 1998 and 2002. And for further examples, see the hype that surrounded the 1999 and 2003 preseasons.

Trust me - enjoy the tease for now. Your blue balls are coming Christmas night!!!

BwanaZulia
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I thought you were gone?

BZ

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:15 PM
I thought you were gone?

BZB-lo wanted me back, apparently - but I have an extra week wearing the "outfit" as payment.

BTW ... you are one of those rational Jet fans I speak of above (most of the time). You and my neihbor.

nyjunc
12-20-2006, 04:17 PM
you would think you'd be nicer to Jet fans for helping you sell out your house, your field.

That's amusing, considering it's coming from a fan of a team that has to borrow a stadium. Your sorry team doesnt even have cheerleaders. It is an illigitamate step child franchise.[/QUOTE]

That makes 2 Stadiums we "borrow" then as we take over Joe Robbie when we play down there as well. We don't have cheerleaders b/c the stands are too close to the field- the Giants don't have cheerleaders either and who the hell cares about cheerleaders? I go to games to watch football not cheerleaders, if I want to see cheerleaders I'll go watch the game at a strip club.

Sure, we haven't won a championshp since the 1973 season, but at least we Dolphin fans have a reason to believe - and have at least been "in it" every season except for a handful. Sucking badly seems to be a birthright for the Jets. And the funniest part is when they almost have a good team, they bandwagon on top of it and act as if their history never happened!!!

The Dolphins have 1 div title since 1995, the Jets have 2.
The dolphins have ZERO AFC Title Game appearances since 1993, the Jets have 1.
The dolphins haveen't come close to an AFC Tiotle game since 1995 the Jets have 2 times besides the time we made it.
The Jets have been to the playoffs 3 times since '01, the dolphins haven't made it since '01.

Stop brining up ancient history, no one cares about the 70s anymore. Tjhe dolphins are known now for a)missing the playoffs every year and b) for getting humiliated in the playoffs when they used to get there.

finfan01
12-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Jets 0 Dolphins 14
:laughat:
ACF Championship game

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Tjhe dolphins are known now for a)missing the playoffs every yearGranted, the last five years have sucked as far as appearances, but if you're going to talk history since '95, you're leaving out the five straight years we made the playoffs from '97-'01. Few teams get to the playoffs five straight years.

So your logic is a little off.

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:23 PM
And 'junc, can you honestly say your team has been "in it" every year for ... ever, essentially?

Since '95 for instance, we've been completely out of it - early - twice ('04 and '06). Heck, we even made it sort of interesting this year.

Every year, we feel we have a chance. Granted, you can end up w/ a broken heart that way too - but it's always more fun watching your team when you're not playing to get the #1 draft pick the next season. Unlike the Jets, who follow up good seasons w/ crap. And then crappy seasons w/ more crap!

Please - compare complete histories and there's absolutely no comparison on any level!!! Stop it already :tantrum:

About the only thing you can say legit is that the Jets always play Miami tough no matter what the records. That is extremely true - but you play 14 other games each season, and for the most part, you don't play them all that well.

nyjunc
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Jets 0 Dolphins 14
:laughat:
ACF Championship game

Tied 0-0 we recovered a fumble and they gave it back to you and you scored to make it 7-0:fire:

Granted, the last five years have sucked as far as appearances, but if you're going to talk history since '95, you're leaving out the five straight years we made the playoffs from '97-'01. Few teams get to the playoffs five straight years.

So your logic is a little off.

In your 5 playoff losses from '97-'01 you lost by an average of 33-3, you were outscored 164-16.

finfan01
12-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Tied 0-0 we recovered a fumble and they gave it back to you and you scored to make it 7-0:fire:

:wink:

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:25 PM

In your 5 playoff losses from '97-'01 you lost by an average of 33-3, you were outscored 164-16.Not talking about performances in the playoffs - talking about making them.

I'd rather make the playoffs and lose 62-7 every season than not make them at all.

nyjunc
12-20-2006, 04:26 PM
And 'junc, can you honestly say your team has been "in it" every year for ... ever, essentially?

Since '95 for instance, we've been completely out of it - early - twice ('04 and '06). Heck, we even made it sort of interesting this year.

Every year, we feel we have a chance. Granted, you can end up w/ a broken heart that way too - but it's always more fun watching your team when you're not playing to get the #1 draft pick the next season. Unlike the Jets, who follow up good seasons w/ crap. And then crappy seasons w/ more crap!

Please - compare complete histories and there's absolutely no comparison on any level!!! Stop it already :tantrum:

About the only thing you can say legit is that the Jets always play Miami tough no matter what the records. That is extremely true - but you play 14 other games each season, and for the most part, you don't play them all that well.

you were never in the playoff race last year even though you finished 9-7 and in '03 even though you won 10 you were out of it by Week 16. You haven't been in a playoff race since 2002. We aren't always in it but since the rebirth of the franchise in '97 we have made the playoffs 4 times('98, '01, '02, '04), been in the race to the last day twice('97, '00) and been out of it 3 times and in each of those 3 times we lost our starting QB for most of the season('99, '03, '05).

DolfanTom
'course, apparently, I know Nothing About Football.

nyjunc
Not talking about performances in the playoffs - talking about making them.

I'd rather make the playoffs and lose 62-7 every season than not make them at all.

you haven't been doing either lately.

nyjunc
12-20-2006, 04:27 PM
'course, apparently, I know Nothing About Football.

What is that all about?

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:28 PM
you were never in the playoff race last year even though you finished 9-7 and in '03 even though you won 10 you were out of it by Week 16. You haven't been in a playoff race since 2002. We aren't always in it but since the rebirth of the franchise in '97 we have made the playoffs 4 times('98, '01, '02, '04), been in the race to the last day twice('97, '00) and been out of it 3 times and in each of those 3 times we lost our starting QB for most of the season('99, '03, '05).Dude, being in it till week 14-16 is being "in it". Unlike Jet seasons that regularly end by week five.

Last year, we were in it till the close of week 16 (remember, there are 17 weeks now), even after a 3-7 start.

In '03, we were in it till the close of week 16. And very few teams have finished 10-6 and NOT made the playoffs, so you can still consider that a pretty decent season.

finfan01
12-20-2006, 04:28 PM
What is that all about?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=173200

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:29 PM
What is that all about?Lost a bet, haven't you heard? :fire:

I'm wearing this outfilt till the day after the pro bowl.

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:31 PM
We aren't always in it but since the rebirth of the franchise in '97 we have made the playoffs 4 times('98, '01, '02, '04), been in the race to the last day twice('97, '00) and been out of it 3 times and in each of those 3 times we lost our starting QB for most of the season('99, '03, '05).Right, you've been out of it three times in the past 10 seasons. We've been out of it - four times - in the past 37 seasons. (there was that year in the 70s, I can't remember, don't have time to look up, '88, '04 and '06).

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:33 PM
We aren't always in it but since the rebirth of the franchise in '97 we have made the playoffs 4 times('98, '01, '02, '04), been in the race to the last day twice('97, '00) and been out of it 3 times and in each of those 3 times we lost our starting QB for most of the season('99, '03, '05).And for laughs, later I'll look up your franchise records prior to '97 :eek::eek:.

I have them somewhere - did this same thing the last time we played.

Alxphins
12-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Oh I forgot you have winning seasons:sidelol: The bottom line is we have 1 title, you have just 1 more and all 3 of them happened 33-38 years ago and you guys haven't even competed for a playoff spot in 5 years. Take your meaninglss "winning seasons'"statistics and post them to someone who cares, the dolphins are not an elite franchise and haven't been since the early 80s.

2 Championships to 1, that doesn't seem do far off to me and last I checked in recent, relevant history we have been better so keep living in the 70s.

We have a chance heading into the final 2 weeks something Miami hasn't had since 2002 and you haven't made it since 2001. The pats hadn't won a SB the last time you guys made the playoffs.

it's better than your gay song you ripped off from the Houston oilers.

Bottom line is you are right we win allot more than you and we do have one more title than you which means if we suck you really suck.....

Type-O
12-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Bottom line is you are right we win allot more than you and we do have one more title than you which means if we suck you really suck.....What the hell are you talking about? Your last title was over 30 years ago. You win more than us? Certainly not in recent history,and definetly not against us.

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 05:00 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Your last title was over 30 years ago. You win more than us? Certainly not in recent history,and definetly not against us.What do you consider recent history? Past 10 years. Yeah, we've got more wins than you.

And that's about the best 10-year period that you want to be doing comparisons in. Any other period would be extremely laughable and embarrassing for you.

And as for beating us, you have 14 other games to play!

BwanaZulia
12-20-2006, 05:01 PM
I love that the Dolphin Fans, following their crappy leader, now have to go after Jet fans and debate that, because the "Who is a better team" argument is OVER.

BZ

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
I love that the Dolphin Fans, following their crappy leader, now have to go after Jet fans and debate that, because the "Who is a better team" argument is OVER.

BZBZ, if we beat you Monday night - and say we do it well, will you really think you are better than us?

After what we did to the Patsies at home, you really expect this to be easy Monday night?

BleedinGreenNC
12-20-2006, 05:06 PM
BZ, if we beat you Monday night - and say we do it well, will you really think you are better than us?

After what we did to the Patsies at home, you really expect this to be easy Monday night?

It depends on what QB shows up for you guys!

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
It depends on what QB shows up for you guys!Very true indeed. Joey has been following up horrible games w/ decent outings. Plus he plays better at home.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we can still end up w/ the same records this year no? 'Course I don't see you losing to the Raiders, but if we beat you, will you guys even show up mentally for Week 17?

BwanaZulia
12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
BZ, if we beat you Monday night - and say we do it well, will you really think you are better than us?

I don't expect this to be easy at all.

The Dolphins D is showing up (too late of course, but still) and are going to give us a run for our money.

The problem is, every part of the Jets team has gotten better since we met last and your offense has gotten worse.

- Nuge - 11/11 in his last attempts including 2 over 50.
- Justin Miller - Pro Bowl kick returner
- Defense: Shut down Chester Taylor at home.
- Chad: Career day last week. 339 yards.
- Coles: Another 1,000 yard season better stats than two bowlers picked in front of him.
- Cedric Houston: Running hard up the middle.

Yes, it is going to be about securing the ball and letting Joey make mistakes. This game has turnover written all over it.

BZ

PhinzN703
12-20-2006, 05:12 PM

The Dolphins D is showing up (too late of course, but still) and are going to give us a run for our money.

The problem is, every part of the Jets team has gotten better since we met last and your offense has gotten worse.

- Coles: Another 1,000 yard season better stats than two bowlers picked in front of him.

Yes, it is going to be about securing the ball and letting Joey make mistakes. This game has turnover written all over it.

BZ

Hope Chad throws 5 TDs but we win 48-45 :wink:

BwanaZulia
12-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh and Joey can't get any worse than a 0.0 passer ratings. I mean... that makes Rex's 1.7 look damn fine. :)

BZ

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 05:14 PM

BZJust saying, the "better team" argument is not quite over with yet. You win Monday, fine, sure - it's over. But if not, there's a little wiggle room.

Don't forget though - we get Ronnie Brown back Monday. At least, we should. And you HAVE to win, while - frankly, out of it - we can play fast and loose :lol:. No pressure Chad, No pressure!

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh and Joey can't get any worse than a 0.0 passer ratings. I mean... that makes Rex's 1.7 look damn fine. :)

BZGranted, that was downright the worst performance I have ever seen by a QB.

Eli did the same thing last year if you can believe that - but followed it up w/ a huge week! Joey isn't Eli, but I do expect a bounce back from o'le Joey.

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Just saying, the "better team" argument is not quite over with yet. You win Monday, fine, sure - it's over. But if not, there's a little wiggle room.

Don't forget though - we get Ronnie Brown back Monday. At least, we should. And you HAVE to win, while - frankly, out of it - we can play fast and loose :lol:. No pressure Chad, No pressure!Playing spoiler does have it's benefits!

Alxphins
12-20-2006, 05:34 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Your last title was over 30 years ago. You win more than us? Certainly not in recent history,and definetly not against us.

Ok now let see if we can all follows this...under your logic....you have one 1 and we have won 2 championships...what is more 1 or 2......let me think.....yeah 2 is more than 1 even in jet land.

Oh your last title was more more ancient than ours and our winning percentage is THE BEST in the NFL since 1970 at over .623 and your is LOLOL..are you ready.....LOLOLOLOL....drum roll please...... .434. Last time I check if you win at a rate of .623 versus .434 you win MORE games.......

BwanaZulia
12-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Playing spoiler does have it's benefits!

Ahh.. so you are happy about the last 5 years.

You should be damn EXCITED about next year than. :)

BZ

BwanaZulia
12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Ok now let see if we can all follows this...under your logic....you have one 1 and we have won 2 championships...what is more 1 or 2......let me think.....yeah 2 is more than 1 even in jet land.

Oh your last title was more more ancient than ours and our winning percentage is THE BEST in the NFL since 1970 at over .623 and your is LOLOL..are you ready.....LOLOLOLOL....drum roll please...... .434. Last time I check if you win at a rate of .623 versus .434 you win MORE games.......

What is funny is that for the last couple of years, the Dolphin fans on this board always start off in August talking about how they are going to sweep us, how we are going suck and how they are going to do. By December they are talking about their long illustrious winning history and many many Super Bowls.

Head to head. We own you 42-39.

So, all those winning season, all those championships, all those many many Super Bowl wins and we still end up beating you.

BZ

Alxphins
12-20-2006, 06:07 PM
What is funny is that for the last couple of years, the Dolphin fans on this board always start off in August talking about how they are going to sweep us, how we are going suck and how they are going to do. By December they are talking about their long illustrious winning history and many many Super Bowls.

Head to head. We own you 42-39.

So, all those winning season, all those championships, all those many many Super Bowl wins and we still end up beating you.

BZ

Yeah my god you have a huge 3 game lead on us. I will give you that but I would rather be on the short end of the stick there than on the overall record which is as follows: your record since 1970 is 245 - 320- 2 with 2 division titles ours is 367-222-2 with 12 division titles, 5 conference titles and 2 superbowls. So get out of la la land. Want recent history....since 2000 we are 61 52 0 540 and you are 58 57 0 504.

Look arguing with you guys is like trying to prove a negative. Bottom line is your franchise is one of the losingest in the history of the NFL and we are one of the winningest period. That is what the numbers say and no bitching and moaning or revisionist history will change that. So say what you will and argue all the stuff you want to argue...bottom line is we win allot more than you do so live with it.

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah my god you have a huge 3 game lead on us. I will give you that but I would rather be on the short end of the stick there than on the overall record which is as follows: your record since 1970 is 245 - 320- 2 with 2 division titles ours is 367-222-2 with 12 division titles, 5 conference titles and 2 superbowls. So get out of la la land. Want recent history....since 2000 we are 61 52 0 540 and you are 58 57 0 504.

Look arguing with you guys is like trying to prove a negative. Bottom line is your franchise is one of the losingest in the history of the NFL and we are one of the winningest period. That is what the numbers say and no bitching and moaning or revisionist history will change that. So say what you will and argue all the stuff you want to argue...bottom line is we win allot more than you do so live with it.I don't think I could have said it better myself.

BTW BZ - a three-game cushion over some 40 years or so is hardly "owning." During the nine-game streak - yeah, you owned us there, but overall? C'mon!!

cnc66
12-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Not talking about performances in the playoffs - talking about making them.

not me...not ever again...I'm still not over that. the point jucy made has merit...we backed into the playoff every year praying someone would lose so we could get in... we were fakes and it showed.

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 07:51 PM
not me...not ever again...I'm still not over that. the point jucy made has merit...we backed into the playoff every year praying someone would lose so we could get in... we were fakes and it showed.
Point taken on the 62-7 thing. Was trying to prove a point I guess. Wow, was that unbelievable.

But at this point, I cherish those "back-into-the-playoff" years. I hate not being there!!!

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Being 'just good enough' to back in based on other teams losses always made the last two weeks of reg season soooo stressful!

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Being 'just good enough' to back in based on other teams losses always made the last two weeks of reg season soooo stressful!
Very true. That's what made those five seasons so crazy. We could just never build on anything. 2000 wasn't THAT bad, but we still hadn't clinched anything going into the last week.

Man, I long for years like '84 and '85.

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Very true. That's what made those five seasons so crazy. We could just never build on anything. 2000 wasn't THAT bad, but we still hadn't clinched anything going into the last week.

Man, I long for years like '84 and '85.**moment of silence**

nyjunc
12-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Right, you've been out of it three times in the past 10 seasons. We've been out of it - four times - in the past 37 seasons. (there was that year in the 70s, I can't remember, don't have time to look up, '88, '04 and '06).

That's great but you haven't been close to a SB since 1984, you haven't been close to an AFC Title Game since 1994- if you are happy w/ making the playoffs and getting humiliated then congrats Miami has achieved those goals most of the last 20 years!

And for laughs, later I'll look up your franchise records prior to '97 :eek::eek:.

I have them somewhere - did this same thing the last time we played.

Again, Miami has ONE moe Championship than the Jets and all 3 btw the 2 teams happened 33-38 years ago.

Bottom line is you are right we win allot more than you and we do have one more title than you which means if we suck you really suck.....

Get in a playoff race then you can talk again.

What do you consider recent history? Past 10 years. Yeah, we've got more wins than you.

And that's about the best 10-year period that you want to be doing comparisons in. Any other period would be extremely laughable and embarrassing for you.

And as for beating us, you have 14 other games to play!

We had 3 years where we lost our starting QB for most of the year, that didn't happen to you guys once and those were the only 3 years we were at or below .500. In this 10 year span we have been to an AFC Title game, have more div titles than you, have been close to 2 mroe AFC ttile games while you guys were consistently humiliated in the playoffs.

regardless of what happens Monday Night we are better b/c we'll end up w/ a better record.

before you lost last week I thought this would be a really difficult game but it's very tough to get up for a game a week after being eliminated from playoff contention(even though you never really had a chance). I don't expect an easy game but I do expect to win.

Dolphin fasn talk like they are the Yankees of the NFL and the Jets are the Devil rays but the Jets have just 1 less title and all 3 happened 33 years ago and beyond. You guys are NOT an elite NFL franchise.

Bottom line is your franchise is one of the losingest in the history of the NFL and we are one of the winningest period. That is what the numbers say and no bitching and moaning or revisionist history will change that. So say what you will and argue all the stuff you want to argue...bottom line is we win allot more than you do so live with it.

Winningest?

Dallas 5 SBs
SF 5 SBs
Pitt 5 SBs
GB 3 SBs
NE 3 SBs
Raiders 3 SBs
Wash 3 SBs

You are tied for 8th w/ 2 SBs nowhere near the top. Again you guys act like you are the yankees of the NFL when in reality you are more like the Braves and in recent years more like the blue jays.

I don't think I could have said it better myself.

BTW BZ - a three-game cushion over some 40 years or so is hardly "owning." During the nine-game streak - yeah, you owned us there, but overall? C'mon!!

It's 4 games, we are 42-38-1 officially against you and it was an 8 game streak and since 1998 we are 13-4 against you.

I didn't say you backed in, I don't believe you can back in. Either you win the amount of games you need to win or you don't. you earned the appearances but weren't good enough to play w/ the top playoff teams.

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 10:03 AM
*Crickets chirping*

finfan01
12-21-2006, 10:05 AM
:sosad::sosad::sosad:

retired opfinistic
12-21-2006, 10:09 AM
*Crickets chirping*

*In the distance the hoot of an owl*

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Unc really pulls out the stats!!

GO HEELS!!

Alxphins
12-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Winningest?

Dallas 5 SBs
SF 5 SBs
Pitt 5 SBs
GB 3 SBs
NE 3 SBs
Raiders 3 SBs
Wash 3 SBs

You are tied for 8th w/ 2 SBs nowhere near the top. Again you guys act like you are the yankees of the NFL when in reality you are more like the Braves and in recent years more like the blue jays.

Winningest as in winning games and you are right we are more like the braves and I never said we were like the Yankees. The FACT is that we HAVE won more GAMES than any other team since 1970 period. It is what it is so live with it. So we are like the Braves and maybe like the blue jays but you are like the Devil Rays.

nyjunc
12-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Winningest as in winning games and you are right we are more like the braves and I never said we were like the Yankees. The FACT is that we HAVE won more GAMES than any other team since 1970 period. It is what it is so live with it. So we are like the Braves and maybe like the blue jays but you are like the Devil Rays.

Actually the Braves made many WS so you aren't even ATL, maybe more like the A's. Winning games is nice but to be truly great, to be an elite franchsie you need Championships to back it up. You haven't been to a SB in 22 years and haven't won one in 33.

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 12:16 PM
That's great but you haven't been close to a SB since 1984, you haven't been close to an AFC Title Game since 1994- if you are happy w/ making the playoffs and getting humiliated then congrats Miami has achieved those goals most of the last 20 years!
You are missing my point. I'm not happy that we haven't won a championship in 33 years, or that we haven't been in an AFC title game in 14. What I AM saying is that I'm happy that - for the overwhelming most part - I feel like I have something to root for every season. I've only been following the team since '82 regularly - and in that time, there's been thre seasons I thought we were dead in weeks 8-14, when things really start to get interesting. 1988, 2004 and 2006. Every other year, I had something to root for midway-to-late in the season. Compare that to the Jets history, even w/ this resurrgance of sorts the past 10 years, and it's really laughable. Hell yes, I'm not satisfied, but it's a great feeling watching the games each year when you are rooting for your team to win, not just for pride, but for a hopeful playoff appearance and more. No 1-15s to speak of.

Again, Miami has ONE more Championship than the Jets and all 3 btw the 2 teams happened 33-38 years ago.W/ all due respect, did you read what I wrote. I didn't even mention the word championship. I wrote about season records, especially prior to '97. Yes, we only have one more title, but we have four more SB appearances to, and see my point above about other seasons. For many many seasons, you have nothing to root for by week 7. That makes it much harder being a fan of your team, eh!

We had 3 years where we lost our starting QB for most of the year, that didn't happen to you guys once and those were the only 3 years we were at or below .500. In this 10 year span we have been to an AFC Title game, have more div titles than you, have been close to 2 mroe AFC ttile games while you guys were consistently humiliated in the playoffs.In '04, we lost our star RB right before training camp. Naah ... that had nothing to do w/ our abismal record in '04, did it! And dude - we lost our starting QB this year :wink:. And my point - which you didn't mention, conveniently for you - was that this is the only 10-year period in which you have a serious comparison of any kind w/ us (overall during this time, I guess I would give you the edge). Before that :sidelol::sidelol:

regardless of what happens Monday Night we are better b/c we'll end up w/ a better record.

before you lost last week I thought this would be a really difficult game but it's very tough to get up for a game a week after being eliminated from playoff contention(even though you never really had a chance). I don't expect an easy game but I do expect to win.Woo hoo for you if we beat you and - at best - you end up 9-7 and we end up 7-9 due to Week 17 results. You'd be technically better than us, but by how much really? And of course, that assumes you beat the Raiders ... OK, you got me there, and that we don't beat the Colts (very tough mind you, but not impossible). OK - big deal - this season you may actually be slightly better than us! Congrats - we started 1-6 and you are slightly better than us. My hats off ...

It's 4 games, we are 42-38-1 officially against you and it was an 8 game streak and since 1998 we are 13-4 against you.Again, I never denied you had a better overall record against us. I just don't see how 3 games - or even 4 (thanks for the correx, I was going off another Jet fan's stats) - can be considered ownership, that's all. Did you even address this point? Yes, you have owned us over the last 10 years in head-to-head action, who can argue that. But historically? If you had a 10-game lead on us, sure, but c'mon - even you can't say that's ownership!

Alxphins
12-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Actually the Braves made many WS so you aren't even ATL, maybe more like the A's. Winning games is nice but to be truly great, to be an elite franchsie you need Championships to back it up. You haven't been to a SB in 22 years and haven't won one in 33.

Here is the problem you attempt to frame the argument by claiming that I am stating we are an elite franchise...that is not the issue...the issue is which franchise the Dolphins or the Jets is a more successful one and the answer to that no matter how you look at it is the Dolphins. I did not say we were in the same category as Pittsburgh, Dallas or San Francisco....But I am saying we are a more succesful franchise than the Jets and you really can't counter that based on the objective facts

nyjunc
12-22-2006, 09:09 AM
You are missing my point. I'm not happy that we haven't won a championship in 33 years, or that we haven't been in an AFC title game in 14. What I AM saying is that I'm happy that - for the overwhelming most part - I feel like I have something to root for every season. I've only been following the team since '82 regularly - and in that time, there's been thre seasons I thought we were dead in weeks 8-14, when things really start to get interesting. 1988, 2004 and 2006. Every other year, I had something to root for midway-to-late in the season. Compare that to the Jets history, even w/ this resurrgance of sorts the past 10 years, and it's really laughable. Hell yes, I'm not satisfied, but it's a great feeling watching the games each year when you are rooting for your team to win, not just for pride, but for a hopeful playoff appearance and more. No 1-15s to speak of.

I'd love to make the playofdfs every year BUT at some point it becomes frustrating not making a deep playoff run. Historically w/o a doubt the dolphins have been better than the Jets but we have been better lately and the bottom line is 2 to 1 in Championsips and all 3 happened 33 years ago and beyond.

W/ all due respect, did you read what I wrote. I didn't even mention the word championship. I wrote about season records, especially prior to '97. Yes, we only have one more title, but we have four more SB appearances to, and see my point above about other seasons. For many many seasons, you have nothing to root for by week 7. That makes it much harder being a fan of your team, eh!

In ancient history that is true but for the last decade that is not true. We've been in the playoffs or the race 7 of 10 years w/ the 3 years out of it years where we lost our starting QB for most of the year.

In '04, we lost our star RB right before training camp. Naah ... that had nothing to do w/ our abismal record in '04, did it! And dude - we lost our starting QB this year . And my point - which you didn't mention, conveniently for you - was that this is the only 10-year period in which you have a serious comparison of any kind w/ us (overall during this time, I guess I would give you the edge). Before that

Your star RB QUIT on you, he wasn't hurt. That was your mistake for trading away multiple 1st rounders for a head case. I have no sympathy for that.

Woo hoo for you if we beat you and - at best - you end up 9-7 and we end up 7-9 due to Week 17 results. You'd be technically better than us, but by how much really? And of course, that assumes you beat the Raiders ... OK, you got me there, and that we don't beat the Colts (very tough mind you, but not impossible). OK - big deal - this season you may actually be slightly better than us! Congrats - we started 1-6 and you are slightly better than us. My hats off ...

before the season on this board the majority was talking 10 wins+ for Miami and about 3-5 for the Jets so regardless of how many games the difference is we'd be better. Whose fault is it you started 1-6? Those games don't count? We came into the year w/ a QB who played 8 of the last 24 games having TWO shoulder opertaions on his throwing shoulder and we lost a HOF RB coming off a 4-12 season, we also got rid of a top flight pass rusher and our All-Pro C so don't start w/ you were 1-6 excuses.

Again, I never denied you had a better overall record against us. I just don't see how 3 games - or even 4 (thanks for the correx, I was going off another Jet fan's stats) - can be considered ownership, that's all. Did you even address this point? Yes, you have owned us over the last 10 years in head-to-head action, who can argue that. But historically? If you had a 10-game lead on us, sure, but c'mon - even you can't say that's ownership!

Where did I ever say we "owned" you all-time? We lead the series but we have owned you since 1998 going 13-4.

Here is the problem you attempt to frame the argument by claiming that I am stating we are an elite franchise...that is not the issue...the issue is which franchise the Dolphins or the Jets is a more successful one and the answer to that no matter how you look at it is the Dolphins. I did not say we were in the same category as Pittsburgh, Dallas or San Francisco....But I am saying we are a more succesful franchise than the Jets and you really can't counter that based on the objective facts

Most Phin fans seem to think they are an elite franchise and over the past 5 years when it is realized that you won't make the playoffs we hear how great you are historically when it's been a long time since you were great. if we make it will be our 3rd time since '02 compared to zero for you guys.

Alxphins
12-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Most Phin fans seem to think they are an elite franchise and over the past 5 years when it is realized that you won't make the playoffs we hear how great you are historically when it's been a long time since you were great. if we make it will be our 3rd time since '02 compared to zero for you guys.

The issue still is who is a more successful franchise and you seem to be saying that since 02 you are more succesful because you have made the playoffs twice (three times if you make it this year) and we have not. Well first I don't think taking a small segment (4 years) and making a judgment is proper. It is too small a sample. I will give you that over the last four years you have made the playoffs twice and we have not however that does not mean you are a more successful franchise.

Bottom line is we have been a more succesful franchise however you look at it. Let me be clear we are not the Niners, Cowboys or Steelers but we are a top ten franchise like the Broncos who have won only two superbowls but have been to a bunch....like us winning two and going to five.......the Jets are simply not in that league.

nyjunc
12-22-2006, 02:34 PM
The issue still is who is a more successful franchise and you seem to be saying that since 02 you are more succesful because you have made the playoffs twice (three times if you make it this year) and we have not. Well first I don't think taking a small segment (4 years) and making a judgment is proper. It is too small a sample. I will give you that over the last four years you have made the playoffs twice and we have not however that does not mean you are a more successful franchise.

Bottom line is we have been a more succesful franchise however you look at it. Let me be clear we are not the Niners, Cowboys or Steelers but we are a top ten franchise like the Broncos who have won only two superbowls but have been to a bunch....like us winning two and going to five.......the Jets are simply not in that league.

I never said overall we are the better franchsie just in recent years, obviously you guys have the better history.

PhinzN703
12-22-2006, 04:09 PM
That's amusing, considering it's coming from a fan of a team that has to borrow a stadium. Your sorry team doesnt even have cheerleaders. It is an illigitamate step child franchise.

That makes 2 Stadiums we "borrow" then as we take over Joe Robbie when we play down there as well. We don't have cheerleaders b/c the stands are too close to the field- the Giants don't have cheerleaders either and who the hell cares about cheerleaders? I go to games to watch football not cheerleaders, if I want to see cheerleaders I'll go watch the game at a strip club.

The Dolphins have 1 div title since 1995, the Jets have 2.
The dolphins have ZERO AFC Title Game appearances since 1993, the Jets have 1.
The dolphins haveen't come close to an AFC Tiotle game since 1995 the Jets have 2 times besides the time we made it.
The Jets have been to the playoffs 3 times since '01, the dolphins haven't made it since '01.

Stop brining up ancient history, no one cares about the 70s anymore. Tjhe dolphins are known now for a)missing the playoffs every year and b) for getting humiliated in the playoffs when they used to get there.[/quote]

The only thing that matters is how many Super Bowls you win. End of story

PhinzN703
12-22-2006, 04:13 PM
I'd love to make the playofdfs every year BUT at some point it becomes frustrating not making a deep playoff run. Historically w/o a doubt the dolphins have been better than the Jets but we have been better lately and the bottom line is 2 to 1 in Championsips and all 3 happened 33 years ago and beyond.

In ancient history that is true but for the last decade that is not true. We've been in the playoffs or the race 7 of 10 years w/ the 3 years out of it years where we lost our starting QB for most of the year.

Your star RB QUIT on you, he wasn't hurt. That was your mistake for trading away multiple 1st rounders for a head case. I have no sympathy for that.

before the season on this board the majority was talking 10 wins+ for Miami and about 3-5 for the Jets so regardless of how many games the difference is we'd be better. Whose fault is it you started 1-6? Those games don't count? We came into the year w/ a QB who played 8 of the last 24 games having TWO shoulder opertaions on his throwing shoulder and we lost a HOF RB coming off a 4-12 season, we also got rid of a top flight pass rusher and our All-Pro C so don't start w/ you were 1-6 excuses.

Where did I ever say we "owned" you all-time? We lead the series but we have owned you since 1998 going 13-4.

I dont see how anyone can think we're elite. If they do, they are dreaming in the clouds. But the Jets arent elite either. Never have been

JiF
12-22-2006, 10:40 PM

Fins 17
Jets 6

Does it really make you upset? How pathetic is your life, if you get upset over silly little internet games? You my friends (similar to most fin fans) are hopeless. Good luck Monday night. It should be a familar sight. I am a sure you are used to losing to the Jets by now.