PDA

View Full Version : **** Dell.com

UCFinfan86
12-19-2006, 10:50 AM
I bought my 360 and NBA 2k7 from dell.com and when i go to play NBA after 5 minutes it says disk read error, so i take it out and look at it and there are like 4 scratches on the disk. I took it out of the case put it in for the first time and there are scratches on it. I didn't look at the bottom when i opened the case the first time to see if they were already on there. Then i call dell and i go through the whole process and they give me some stupid ******* that can barely talk english and can't understand what i am saying or talking about. It sucks because NBA is the only game i have right now and even if they will give me a new guy, i will probably have to send them my copy which will leave me with no games.

Motion
12-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Go rent it and swap discs.

UCFinfan86
12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Go rent it and swap discs.

When you rent games don't they have the blockbuster thing around the inside of the disk??

Could this really work??

mor911
12-19-2006, 11:10 AM
If you're good, you can pul it off... YOU CAN DO IT!!

UCFinfan86
12-19-2006, 11:11 AM
If you're good, you can pul it off... YOU CAN DO IT!!

lol and if im not smooth and i get caught???

Motion
12-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Been awhile since I've used Blockbuster but if I recall they just have a inventory number written on the top with a Sharpie.

UCFinfan86
12-19-2006, 11:19 AM
hmm, im not sure about blockbuster, i think it maybe the luck of which CD you get. Does Walmart require recepits with returns? maybe i can get it by becasue of Christmas??

UCFinfan86
12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
**** i might have solved my own problem, if they do require a recepit, or even if they don't. I go buy the game from Walmart, then use that receipt to return the one that doesn't work. Screw Walmart

byroan
12-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Once the game is open, you can't return it to Walmart. You can only exchange it for the same game. You'll end up with a working copy though.

UCFinfan86
12-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Once the game is open, you can't return it to Walmart. You can only exchange it for the same game. You'll end up with a working copy though.

Can i exchange it to walmart for a new copy without a receipt??

byroan
12-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Can i exchange it to walmart for a new copy without a receipt??

Doubt it. You'd have to get a very dumb CS associate to do it.

UCFinfan86
12-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Doubt it. You'd have to get a very dumb CS associate to do it.

lol so im going to have to go through 3 copies of the game. Buy a new one, use that receipt to exchange the scratched one for a new one. Then return the new one sealed for my money back. Phew, o well atleast it'll work and it'll only take a day to do instead of waiting probably a month for Dell to send me a new copy

mor911
12-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Costco (if you're a member) will take the return NO MATTER WHAT... no questions asked.

Link
12-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Never.Ever.Use.Dell.

I have one of their computers... Big mistake.

illscriptures
12-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Costco (if you're a member) will take the return NO MATTER WHAT... no questions asked.

I dont think that applies to movies, video games, and/or cd's... or does it???

Because if it does... what stops people from buying a game... and returning it after a few months or right after they beat it.

Majpain
12-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Everytime I rent a game, the disc always seems to have a couple scratches. Also doesnt rental places put like a stamp on the face of the disc?

Predaphin
12-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Do they still have that insurance policy at ebgames????

If they do, here's an option you may pull off. I did it with 3 of my PS3 controllers. What you do is...

1) You go in to your local electronics boutique
2) Buy NBA2K (used copy perferable)
3) Buy the insurance policy (I believe it's like 3 bucks. It covers damages on your game)
4) Exchange the game with your damaged game and return it.
(NOTE: If you bought the game used, you can take it back that same evening or the following day. If you bought the game new, I suggest you wait a couple of days before returning it.)
5) When going back to EB games you can ask for another game or store credit, which would make a perfect gift.

Problem is I'm not sure EBGames is still doing the insurance policy. Also, i beleive it only applies to used games.....you may want to call them and get the details before you make the transaction to see how it works and if they are still doing it....the whole point would be to buy the insurance policy and then exchange your broken game....

It worked for me 3 times for my PS2 broken controller. This was early this year. I took back 3 broken PS2 controllers and I would buy insurance on them.

After i returned my 3rd controller, they didn;t have anymore used PS2 controllers to replaced so they offered me store credit. Being that I shop there alot I took the store credit.

dQbell
12-19-2006, 04:37 PM
I think your best bet would be to go the way of Wal-Mart and have them put the money on a giftcard instead of exchanging it. That way you aren't tied to buying just electronic merchandise.

Dolfan984
12-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Never.Ever.Use.Dell.

So do I. Had it since Oct 2004, and I've never had any problems other than one dirty disk drive which took one night to fix.

Then again I am in IT, but if you know what you're doing, you can take care of your Dell and it will work just fine.

Link
12-19-2006, 07:20 PM
So do I. Had it since Oct 2004, and I've never had any problems other than one dirty disk drive which took one night to fix.

Then again I am in IT, but if you know what you're doing, you can take care of your Dell and it will work just fine.

Ok maybe you can help me with this problem. My computer will sometimes make noises and the Num Lock, Caps Lock, and Scroll Lock light up. When that happens My computer locks up and I can't use it unless I restart it manually.

UCFinfan86
12-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Ok well i went to walmart and told the lady that it was a christmas present and i dont have the receipt and she said she can only give me a new copy and i was like thats all i wanted. So it worked out, so future reference for someone maybe?

Dors156
12-19-2006, 10:07 PM
i took my fifa game back because it was real scratched up.returned it to wal mart and i didnt have a reciept.i said i just got it the other day and he guy was like well ok so i got a brand new one:sidelol: got kind of lucky

Daytona Fin
12-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Never.Ever.Use.Dell.

never ever buy a dell laptop crap crap crap

UCFinfan86
12-21-2006, 10:58 AM
ok maybe it isn't the game. So i got my new game and was playing it last night, got about 30 minutes into a game and i get the same damn disk read error. I take out the disk and see theres no major scratches, just those playing stratches(however the CD was full of them and this was my first time playing the game, so i don't think there should be that many of them). I am starting to think its my Xbox. I have one other game which is COD2. I have to work all day today but i told my brother to play COD2 for atleast an hour straight today and see if he gets an error.

Also i did this yesterday morning, then in the afternoon while i was at work my brother said he played NBA 2k7 and he got like 30 minutes into a game and got the disk read error, so he took it out and cleaned the disk and played again and finished the game without an error.

This is ****ing bull****, i didn't spend 400$ for a piece of ****. If i get the error again i don't know what to do besides calling up dell and telling them that their giving me a new 360. I am heistant to do this because it will take ATLEAST a month to get a new one. I really regret getting it from Dell.com, if i would have just went to EB and did this i could have a new one right now.

But anyways after my rant/story does anyone have any idea? do you think its the 360? NBA 2k7? is there a way to really clean a disk besides whipping it(even though i shouldnt need it since i took it right out of the case and put it in)

mor911
12-21-2006, 12:32 PM
:lol:

Predaphin
12-21-2006, 07:52 PM
I say screw it......take your system to walmart! LoL