PDA

View Full Version : HUGE mistake by Saban

Nick Mangold
12-19-2006, 03:03 PM
passing up that Alabama job.

Its obvious he cant hack it in the pros--and the fish will be rebuilding next year or the year after at the latest.

Its too bad and i'm sure he'll regret the decision soon enough.

cnc66
12-19-2006, 03:06 PM
hahahaha, yer a funny fuker....dumbazz

retired opfinistic
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM

Its obvious he cant hack it in the pros--and the fish will be rebuilding next year or the year after at the latest.

Its too bad and i'm sure he'll regret the decision soon enough.**** you Majuice.

Mike13
12-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Your huge mistake was not getting that brain surgery.

INPHINITY
12-19-2006, 10:30 PM
I guess i'll make it 5 replies for your lame *** thread, Merry Christmas Dick Juice.

finfan01
12-19-2006, 10:31 PM

Its too bad and i'm sure he'll regret the decision soon enough.

shutup:tongue:

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:00 PM

Its too bad and i'm sure he'll regret the decision soon enough.Hey Man-hold, you'll definitely think it was a mistake for him to pass up that job over the next two years when Nick really gets things going!

Look at how we've played the last seven games. Pretty damn good - eh! Buffalo owned you too - and in your house to boot, so I don't want to hear about this past Sunday.

Do you really think Saban is going to let the beginning of the next season slip away again? I promise you, he won't make that mistake again. And I think it's safe to say we can count on late-season surges from Saban teams, so if we start out well - look da Phuck out!!! :dolphins::dolphins:

I can't wait till we own you all over the place on Christmas night! I love the holidays! This should end up being the best Christmas yet - start to finish!!

Merry Christmas Phuck Face!!!

-DT

cnc66
12-20-2006, 04:07 PM
didn't take you long to address THIS one...hahahahahahah

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
didn't take you long to address THIS one...hahahahahahahThis one had me freaking fuming! It was as close as I had come to breaking the bet before being allowed back.

PhinzN703
12-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, way to make that statement when this season isnt even over for your new coach.

Give it some time biotch

Nick Mangold
12-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey Man-hold, you'll definitely think it was a mistake for him to pass up that job over the next two years when Nick really gets things going!

this upcoming season will be the 3rd time i've heard that! :sidelol:

Look at how we've played the last seven games. Pretty damn good - eh!

yup-just like last year---gets you a better draft pick right? oh...wait...no it doesnt! :sidelol:

Buffalo owned you too - and in your house to boot, so I don't want to hear about this past Sunday.

no argument there--we got torched by buffalo--tough loss indeed.

Do you really think Saban is going to let the beginning of the next season slip away again?

YES I DO.

I promise you, he won't make that mistake again. And I think it's safe to say we can count on late-season surges from Saban teams, so if we start out well - look da Phuck out!!! :dolphins::dolphins:

:shakeno:

wow, talk about reaching for positives.

I can't wait till we own you all over the place on Christmas night! I love the holidays! This should end up being the best Christmas yet - start to finish!!

Merry Christmas Phuck Face!!!

we'll see what happens. :cooldude:

BTW- Your avatar is obvious.

you dont have to type it.

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 05:29 PM
:monkeyr: http://images.finheaven.com/forums/customavatars/avatar19805_2.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=19805):monkeyl:

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
this upcoming season will be the 3rd time i've heard that! :sidelol:
DT: Third time is a charm. You can't deny the man has coaching skills, even if he has made a couple mistakes so far along the way.

yup-just like last year---gets you a better draft pick right? oh...wait...no it doesnt! :sidelol:
DT: We got Marino w/ the 27th pick of the draft. Ryan Leaf was taken w/ the second pick. High picks are overrated. Roger Vick anyone :sidelol:

no argument there--we got torched by buffalo--tough loss indeed.
DT: You actually do have some sort of brain in there don't cha.

YES I DO.
DT: OK, I take that back, you don't have a brain after all.

:shakeno:

wow, talk about reaching for positives.
DT: If you really expect us to start 1-6 again next year, you've really lost it. Nick will not screw it up again!

BTW- Your avatar is obvious.

you dont have to type it.
DT: I lost a bet, I'm a man, I own up. Would you do the same? Doubtful!

Nick Mangold
12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
:monkeyr: http://images.finheaven.com/forums/customavatars/avatar19805_2.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=19805):monkeyl:

:lol:

good one.

Nick Mangold
12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
DT: If you really expect us to start 1-6 again next year, you've really lost it. Nick will not screw it up again!

dude- no offense--but how the **** do you know that?
the phins have started out the SAME way since Saban started.
i dont know if you guys have the orange glasses that you are looking through or what.
what makes you think he is going to be great? seriously?
is it his history?
Answer me this:
IF Nick Saban does not bring the dolphins to the playoffs by next year will everyone admit that he is overrated and they need to go in another direction?
My prediction is Saban will not be coaching the Dolphins by 2008.

DT: I lost a bet, I'm a man, I own up. Would you do the same? Doubtful![/quote][/quote]

i even admitted buffalo spanked us.
i give credit where credit is due.
just like when i made a post giving props for beating the bears.

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 05:43 PM
:wink:

good one.

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 05:56 PM

i dont know if you guys have the orange glasses that you are looking through or what.
is it his history?
Answer me this:
IF Nick Saban does not bring the dolphins to the playoffs by next year will everyone admit that he is overrated and they need to go in another direction?

DT: I lost a bet, I'm a man, I own up. Would you do the same? Doubtful![/quote]

just like when i made a post giving props for beating the bears.[/quote]

Next year, no playoffs=Nick Saban overrated? Tough call, this division will not be getting any easier in the next couple years. Nick is going to face a crossroad this offseason: Dismantle and re-build or Patch up and make a playoff run. If we dismantle and go to a re-build state then I'd say Nick should get a pass while we re-build. If we patch and run then we should definately make the playoffs, and if we don't I hope it's due to the strength of the divisional rivals and not due to poor play on our part. I believe in Nick and will support him during his tenure here, but I'm not a blind man. If he 'cuts the fat' during the offseason and dumps off players who aren't showing up and replaces them with hungry players that have the desire to win I'll be satisfied. If we keep drifting in a state of mediocrity, I'll be pissed. Jury's still out on Nick, I'll admit, but these reactionary didoes who want to hang him out to dry before he completes his second season are a bunch of tards.

Oh snap!

It's almost Happy Hour!!!

Nick Mangold
12-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Next year, no playoffs=Nick Saban overrated? Tough call, this division will not be getting any easier in the next couple years. Nick is going to face a crossroad this offseason: Dismantle and re-build or Patch up and make a playoff run. If we dismantle and go to a re-build state then I'd say Nick should get a pass while we re-build. If we patch and run then we should definately make the playoffs, and if we don't I hope it's due to the strength of the divisional rivals and not due to poor play on our part. I believe in Nick and will support him during his tenure here, but I'm not a blind man. If he 'cuts the fat' during the offseason and dumps off players who aren't showing up and replaces them with hungry players that have the desire to win I'll be satisfied. If we keep drifting in a state of mediocrity, I'll be pissed. Jury's still out on Nick, I'll admit,

wow.:eek:

dude, this is the first REALISTIC/NON-DILUSIONAL response i have seen on this board.

Thank you.

You are now my favorite poster on this board.

no joke.

BleedinGreenNC
12-20-2006, 06:38 PM
wow.:eek:

dude, this is the first REALISTIC/NON-DILUSIONAL response i have seen on this board.

Thank you.

You are now my favorite poster on this board.

no joke.

Give him a reach around while your at it!

Nick Mangold
12-20-2006, 07:10 PM

wouldnt go that far Bleedin.

I guess i was...no actually i still am.... in shock that a dolphin fan actually realizes that Nick Saban might not be the second coming of Don Shula or Jesus Christ.

cnc66
12-20-2006, 07:17 PM

yea...give him the ol' manhold.... hahahahaha

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 07:24 PM

is it his history?
Answer me this:

DT: I lost a bet, I'm a man, I own up. Would you do the same? Doubtful![/quote]

just like when i made a post giving props for beating the bears.[/QUOTE]

Dude, very few of us have blind faith in Nick here. I base my opinion on the good things I've seen him do. I like to think that his positives outweigh his negatives and that he will learn from his mistakes next season, and at least take us to the playoffs. A man as smart as him should not start 1-6 next year. If it does happen, then - yeah - the dude is likely overrated.

But I fully don't expect that to happen. I want to see some changes this offseason - like Opie said - trim the fat, etc. And if Nick doesn't, then that will seal his fate.

But I don't see how thinking we won't start 1-6 next year is blind faith. No way the same set of circumstances that set that up will happen again.

Tell me this - if we were really 1-6 bad, would we have gone 5-2 over the last seven and beat down the Patsies like we did?

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Conversely Man-hold, what makes you all so sure Mangini will pan out. Unless you guys do win out, he'll have done w/ you just about what Saban did w/ us last year - bring a team far beyond pre-season expectations.

What makes you any more sure about his future?

Don't get me wrong - I think the dude can coach. But I just wonder what makes you think he'll be perfect going forward?

Mike13
12-20-2006, 07:49 PM
I guess i was...no actually i still am.... in shock that a dolphin fan actually realizes that Nick Saban might not be the second coming of Don Shula or Jesus Christ.

The guys has made mistakes this is a fact. I'm not throwing him under the bus, he still has a mess to clean up. Hell Alot of overpayed trash should be gone in the offseason. The only people tahta re worth keeping are Welker and Bell. If I can find the list I'll show you who should go. I think its somewhere in the Salary Cap Forum.

DolfanTom
12-20-2006, 08:59 PM
I guess i was...no actually i still am.... in shock that a dolphin fan actually realizes that Nick Saban might not be the second coming of Don Shula or Jesus Christ.How does thinking our coach will do a good job next season mean that we think he's either God, Don Shula, or both?

I just think he's going to get it together next year and get us back in the playoffs. Could I be wrong? Hell yes I could be wrong. But after looking at his two seasons, and what I HOPE he has learned, I think he'll do a good job next season. At this point, though, he's far from perfect!

I don't understand, though, why I can't be confident my coach will succeed and not be accused of thinking he is a diety? WTF!

By that logic, Mangini is like a God's God then among Jet fans.

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 09:05 PM
How does thinking our coach will do a good job next season mean that we think he's either God, Don Shula, or both?

I just think he's going to get it together next year and get us back in the playoffs. Could I be wrong? Hell yes I could be wrong. But after looking at his two seasons, and what I HOPE he has learned, I think he'll do a good job next season. At this point, though, he's far from perfect!

I don't understand, though, why I can't be confident my coach will succeed and not be accused of thinking he is a diety? WTF!

By that logic, Mangini is like a God's God then among Jet fans.Goosfabra.

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 11:00 AM
I think both coaches will pan out, only time will tell!

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 11:11 AM
I think both coaches will pan out, only time will tell!
I think so, as long as Nick stays around.

What's tough is you have BB in NE, Mangini w/ the Jets, Nick w/ us, and Jauron w/ Buffalo. Jauron would appear the weak link before the season, but he has Buffalo playing very well, and people forget he was once pretty good w/ Chicago. So maybe this second chance will be his big opportunity.

Point being, if one coach in this division outcoaches another in a game - he's really doing something! No Wannstaches or Squirm Edwards left!

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 11:23 AM
I think so, as long as Nick stays around.

What's tough is you have BB in NE, Mangini w/ the Jets, Nick w/ us, and Jauron w/ Buffalo. Jauron would appear the weak link before the season, but he has Buffalo playing very well, and people forget he was once pretty good w/ Chicago. So maybe this second chance will be his big opportunity.

Point being, if one coach in this division outcoaches another in a game - he's really doing something! No Wannstaches or Squirm Edwards left!

Thank god!! We told the Chief fans what they were in for, and they banned a bunch of us from their boards. Now look what is going on in KC, sound familiar?

like2god
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Thank god!! We told the Chief fans what they were in for, and they banned a bunch of us from their boards. Now look what is going on in KC, sound familiar?

Somebody sure is post whoring it up this morning. :lol:

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 11:27 AM

You noticed that too?? I have nothing to do here at work, boss is off today and i am munching on cookies and blazing the keyboard all day!!

cnc66
12-21-2006, 11:27 AM

I know...and he's kinna friendly too....he's up to sumpin'

like2god
12-21-2006, 11:29 AM
I know...and he's kinna friendly too....he's up to sumpin'
Never trust a friendly Jets fan.

Hell, never trust a Jets fan, period. :lol:

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Never trust a friendly Jets fan.

Hell, never trust a Jets fan, period. :lol:

I love Dolphin fans, i think every one should own one!

like2god
12-21-2006, 11:30 AM
You noticed that too?? I have nothing to do here at work, boss is off today and i am munching on cookies and blazing the keyboard all day!!

I love free days. :yes:

Good thing I start my vacation tomorrow, I still have shopping to do. :rolleyes2

like2god
12-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I love Dolphin fans, i think every one should own one!

You wouldn't want one like us (depths), we're a handfull. :cooldude:

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 11:34 AM

You wouldn't want one like us (depths), we're a handfull. :cooldude:

At least your not like Jill's fans, always asking for leftovers.:tantrum:

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 11:40 AM
I love free days. :yes:

Good thing I start my vacation tomorrow, I still have shopping to do. :rolleyes2Mee too. Doing some over lunch today, and tomorrow is a half day - so in the p.m., finisin' up the wife's stocking. Then ... vacation

:laughat:Work
:snooze:
:finfan72:
:thewave:Vacation!!!!

Nick Mangold
12-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Conversely Man-hold, what makes you all so sure Mangini will pan out. Unless you guys do win out, he'll have done w/ you just about what Saban did w/ us last year - bring a team far beyond pre-season expectations.

Don't get me wrong - I think the dude can coach. But I just wonder what makes you think he'll be perfect going forward?

For the first time, i actually have faith in all decisions made by the Jets FO.

Besides Barlow, he was a mistake.

But he was also a cancer in SF and now i forget he's on the team because he shut his mouth and is just another player on the TEAM, even when deactivated from 2 games.

I like how Mangini is both loved and feared by his players, which means each week brings new opportunity's for other players to start and he's still hasnt named a starting RB.

This means every player knows if they dont play up to potential they will be on the bench, no matter where they were drafted, how much money they make, etc.

IT DOESNT MATTER, PLAY WELL OR GET BENCHED, THAT SIMPLE.

This is why i love Mangini, and this is exactly why the Jets are 8-6 and dont give a rats *** because Mangini has them focused week to week and NO further.

Unlike Sermon Edwards who played vets and favorites.

Do i think Mangini is perfect? NO

Have I EVER been more excited about the future of this team? NO

The Jets dont even get newspaper covers/backs up here in NYC, no respect from the media, and Mangini makes jokes out of it because he really does not care.

This is why i think he will succeed.

oh, and Brian Schottenheimer is a great OC.

Nick Mangold
12-21-2006, 12:42 PM

i just wrote a long response and the server was having problems and made me lose everything i wrote.

i'll never post on this ****ing site again.

peace.

like2god
12-21-2006, 12:45 PM

:woot:

retired opfinistic
12-21-2006, 12:51 PM
i just wrote a long response and the server was having problems and made me lose everything i wrote.

peace.

thanks mods!!!!:D

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 01:46 PM
For the first time, i actually have faith in all decisions made by the Jets FO.

Besides Barlow, he was a mistake.

But he was also a cancer in SF and now i forget he's on the team because he shut his mouth and is just another player on the TEAM, even when deactivated from 2 games.

I like how Mangini is both loved and feared by his players, which means each week brings new opportunity's for other players to start and he's still hasnt named a starting RB.

This means every player knows if they dont play up to potential they will be on the bench, no matter where they were drafted, how much money they make, etc.

IT DOESNT MATTER, PLAY WELL OR GET BENCHED, THAT SIMPLE.

This is why i love Mangini, and this is exactly why the Jets are 8-6 and dont give a rats *** because Mangini has them focused week to week and NO further.

Unlike Sermon Edwards who played vets and favorites.

Do i think Mangini is perfect? NO

Have I EVER been more excited about the future of this team? NO

The Jets dont even get newspaper covers/backs up here in NYC, no respect from the media, and Mangini makes jokes out of it because he really does not care.

This is why i think he will succeed.

oh, and Brian Schottenheimer is a great OC.Fair enough, but you could say the EXACT same thing about Saban and us a year ago. Exactly!!

All I'm saying is, don't have blind faith. You accuse us for all having blind faith, so don't do it yourself!

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 01:49 PM

peace.Oh, if that were only true.

Please come back. We need crazy Jet fans like you so we never forget that you exist and must be dealt with! :lol: