PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Player of the Year Analysis: GREAT READ!!!

matty3054
12-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Check out this article that breaks down the stats of the NFL's defensive player of the year candidates by clicking here. (http://www.thephinsider.com)

After reading this, it's hard to make a case for anyone else to deserve the award more than Taylor does.

I just hope the voters feel that way as well!!

phinphan4life
12-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the link. That just further illustrates what most of here believe. JT Defensive player of the year!!! :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

matty3054
12-20-2006, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the link. That just further illustrates what most of here believe. JT Defensive player of the year!!! :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

AMEN!!!!!

sad that JT winning this award is all we finfans get to look forward too, isn't it? Oh well....

GO JT GO!!!!!!!!!

L.T.21
12-20-2006, 02:43 AM
JT is no doubt defensive MVP of this league...no questions asked. Barring some ridiculous games by Schoebel or Merriman --JT has it locked.

Tigers2003
12-20-2006, 02:54 AM
There should be no questioning whatsoever. JT is the most valuable and flat out best defender in the NFL in 2006- PERIOD!

Aussiefinfan54
12-20-2006, 06:09 AM
JT deffinantly deserves the crown it will be absolutely ludacris should anyone else get the award.

12MaN
12-20-2006, 09:33 AM
That read has no credibility therefor is whack. That is just another dolfan showing support fo JT. Can we please stop posting those articles from that other site. I don't even bother with them.

cnc66
12-20-2006, 09:37 AM
That read has no credibility therefor is whack. That is just another dolfan showing support fo JT. Can we please stop posting those articles from that other site. I don't even bother with them.

hmmm, sooo, do you think he made the numbers up...is THAT your issue... I don't understand why you think it is bogus...

Bruzer
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
If you don't like them then don't read them and post in this thread. Many people like his articles and last I checked you don't speak for everyone on the forum.

ch19079
12-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Jason Taylor: 112
London Fletcher: 106.5

i like the numbers hes showing. with one problem. FLETHCER HAS 2 TDs. The writer only gave him credit for 1.

"A touchdown counts as 6 points because, well, a touchdown actually counts for 6 points on the scoreboard."

the actual numbers:
Fletcher: 112.5
Taylor: 112

so by this guys numbers and analysis, fletcher should be the defensive MVP, yet for some reason hes not in the probowl. :fire:

edited a bit to clerify my point...

PhinsRock
12-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Jason Taylor: 112
London Fletcher: 106.5

i like the numbers hes showing. with one problem. FLETHCER HAS 2 TDs.
"A touchdown counts as 6 points because, well, a touchdown actually counts for 6 points on the scoreboard."

the actual numbers:
Fletcher: 112.5
Taylor: 112

so by this guys numbers and analysis, fletcher should be the defensive MVP, yet for some reason hes not in the probowl. :fire:

Did it elude you that Jason Taylor has 2 TD's as well? A bit of homerism on your part I suspect, understandable but wrong.

ch19079
12-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Did it elude you that Jason Taylor has 2 TD's as well? A bit of homerism on your part I suspect, understandable but wrong. no it didnt elude me.

the writers stats said fletcher only had 1 TD. i was pointing out that he should give fletcher 6 more points because he actually has 2 TD.

the writer already gave JT points for both of his TDs. i just want fletcher to get credit for his 2 TDs.

since the writers arguements are based on stats, he should atleast get them correct. he unknowingly pointed out why fletcher should be put ahead of JT.

12MaN
12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
If you don't like them then don't read them and post in this thread. Many people like his articles and last I checked you don't speak for everyone on the forum.

That is my opinion i was not speaking for anyone else FOOL!!!!!!

12MaN
12-20-2006, 11:00 AM
hmmm, sooo, do you think he made the numbers up...is THAT your issue... I don't understand why you think it is bogus...

No it's just that they have no credibiltiy like i said before. It is a matter of opinion from a dolfan. In what way is that going to help JT get the goods?

cnc66
12-20-2006, 11:01 AM
That is my opinion i was not speaking for anyone else FOOL!!!!!!

well....while you are speaking for yourself and calling others a 'fool"...why don't you answer "my" question.... can you...

12MaN
12-20-2006, 11:06 AM
You could ask my girl for those same stats and she would be able to provide them for you. Why is the post so amazing, he's not telling me anything new. Those that answer your question? cnc66

cnc66
12-20-2006, 11:10 AM
You could ask my girl for those same stats and she would be able to provide them for you. Why is the post so amazing, he's not telling me anything new. Those that answer your question? cnc66

no, not at all...you jumped in here making crappy comments about the article, I was hoping you might be smart enough to actually defend your comments...but being as you had to drag your girlfriend into the isuue, I guess you can't.

12MaN
12-20-2006, 11:28 AM
no, not at all...you jumped in here making crappy comments about the article, I was hoping you might be smart enough to actually defend your comments...but being as you had to drag your girlfriend into the isuue, I guess you can't.

If your so smart yourself how come you had to read the article in order to know the stats? You must be another dumm mother f@#$%.:sidelol:

cnc66
12-20-2006, 11:30 AM
If your so smart yourself how come you had to read the article in order to know the stats? You must be another dumm mother f@#$%.:sidelol:

I see you have no real answer, just insults... no surprise here

12MaN
12-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I see you have no real answer, just insults... no surprise here

Oh and you judging my IQ is not an insult. Respect in order to receive respect, like real men do.

cnc66
12-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Oh and you judging my IQ is not an insult. Respect in order to receive respect, like real men do.

real men eh... sigh...

hiding behind a skirt and talking trash...what a man you are. I started this entire thing with an honest question.. one you have yet to answer...

12MaN
12-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Personal attacks are not permitted

real men eh... sigh...

hiding behind a skirt and talking trash...what a man you are. I started this entire thing with an honest question.. one you have yet to answer...

I have answered it plenty of times little girl, you just don't like my answers. And that trully sounds like a personal problem to me. Why don't you stick your finger where the sun don't shine to find the answer you are looking for.

cnc66
12-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I have answered it plenty of times little girl, you just don't like my answers. And that trully sounds like a personal problem to me. Why don't you stick your finger where the sun don't shine to find the answer you are looking for.

well, I reviewed all your posts and could find no answers at all, none...all you did was spew garbage and then could not back it up...even when legitimatly asked ...... just trolling today are you?

and you just continue with the insults... I love cyber tougies

cnc66
12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Let's try this again for the mentally impaired. The reason the post had no credibility is because it is a fan that wrote the post stating his own opinion. He wrote about the stats and compared them to other players. Great, now how is that going to help JT win the award? Is that post going to make it to the voters and help them make their decision? I don't think so. In all honesty i already knew everything he wrote about, i don't need a refreshing course like someone on this thread. I'm too SMART to have to let someone else teach me what i already know.

pffft, you have nothing or we would have seen it...put up or shut up... cmon, tell us what part of the stats are bad... hurry up and google....

musphinzfan
12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Thats a pretty cool article wonder what the formulas are for those??!!...No doubt JT is defensive player of the year...Not sure how the 9 FF's figure into the formula but thats alot....Phenominal season to say the least.

musphinzfan
12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
plus london does have 1 other TD it says it in NFL.com but its in the other category wierd.

cnc66
12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
plus london does have 1 other TD it says it in NFL.com but its in the other category wierd.

not being a buffalo fan, I don't keep up on London...but he is certainly the real deal

12MaN
12-20-2006, 12:34 PM
pffft, you have nothing or we would have seen it...put up or shut up... cmon, tell us what part of the stats are bad... hurry up and google....

Where did i say that the stats are bad? C'mom make some sence. Or is your reading ability as bad as your spelling ability?

musphinzfan
12-20-2006, 12:46 PM
The reason why JT wins over the rest is because he created havoc in run defense as well.

cnc66
12-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Where did i say that the stats are bad? C'mom make some sence. Or is your reading ability as bad as your spelling ability?

hey, I use spellcheck ALMOST every time....

this is what you DID say, I apologise for thinking your comments about an article full of stats wasn't about them.

and my response was this;

from there, you responded with;

No it's just that they have no credibiltiy like i said before. It is a matter of opinion from a dolfan. In what way is that going to help JT get the goods?

sooo, help me out here...what has no credibility...the stats? I still don't understand what your issue is....

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 01:15 PM
:lolcry:

Quit while you're ahead, dickbreath.

Mike13
12-20-2006, 01:37 PM
:lolcry:

Quit while you're ahead, dickbreath.

He never was ahead.

finfan01
12-20-2006, 01:38 PM

:laughat: