PDA

View Full Version : A Scanner Darkly

Mike13
12-20-2006, 02:20 AM
Whats this movie about? And is it any good?

Skeet84
12-20-2006, 03:37 AM
never heard of it

bullseyeguy
12-20-2006, 06:59 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405296/

The L.A. of a not-too-distant future suffers a surge of drug abuse involving a new ultra-addictive and eventually brain-damaging substance simply named "D". Bob Arctor is an undercover narc leading a double life, dutifully reporting to his superiors while effectively having abandoned whatever normal existence he had for a "D" user/dealer career. But this schizophrenic situation and the drug-induced memory and concentration lapses put Bob under mounting stress.

Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405296/trailers

Ive heard good things about it, but havent seen it yet....

Mike13
12-20-2006, 12:23 PM
The L.A. of a not-too-distant future suffers a surge of drug abuse

So in other words, nothing has changed.

never heard of it

I see the DVD being advertised alot lately.

mor911
12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I have the movie... It's an entertaining movie, but very strange. I assume that if I'd watched it high off my *** I might have enjoyed it more. I recommend renting it just to check it out.

retired opfinistic
12-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I have the movie... It's an entertaining movie, but very strange. I assume that if I'd watched it high off my *** I might have enjoyed it more. I recommend renting it just to check it out.I'll roll one prior to viewing.:wink:

DrAstroZoom
12-20-2006, 12:53 PM
The film has long stretches of the same type of animation-overlaying-live action thing that's in the series of financial advisor commercials where the people complain about their brokers. Also, notable: if memory serves, "A Scanner Darkly" is based on a story by Phillip K. Dick, whose stories also resulted in the movies "Total Recall," Minority Report," "Blade Runner" and others. So if you liked those, you'll probably want to give this one a shot -- though I haven't yet.