PDA

View Full Version : Saban and the 'Tide

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 11:05 AM
OK, yet another story - TODAY - in the Sentinel about Saban and Alabama. Says Alabama won't take no for an answer from Nick, and that they'll keep coming back w/ more lucrative offers. Heck, their latest reported offer outdoes his current Dolphin contract (which is already quite substantial). Another NFL coach (unnamed of course) said that Saban is getting closer to taking the job.

Now, I really don't think the dude is going to go anywhere this offseason, for the following reasons:

1 - I think he really wants to win in the NFL to show is friend BB that he can cut it. I think he's a prideful man and he knows if he leaves now, he'll never live down the rap that he couldn't cut it in the NFL, no matter how well he does at 'Bama. I think Saban wants to win at this level or die trying IMO. For that reason alone, I just don't see him leaving.

2 - Yes, 'Bama would give him some enormous cash, but he's already making more money than he and his family can ever spend in their lives. He made a boat loat at LSU, and he's making $4.5 million here. When you're making that much, does making $5 million a year or a little more really make a difference? If it weren't for reason number 1 above, sure - maybe. But it's not like he's making chump change w/ us, and he appears to really want to show that his system will work.

That said, if I'm wrong here and this guy does jet for 'Bama - PHUCK him!! Serioulsy, PHUCK him if he would do that! I love the guy's coaching style, I really do - and make no mistake - I want him to stay here for years and years and years hopefully. But that said, if he's really going to leave us after two average/disapointing seasons, then so long, don't let the doors on Dolphin Stadium hit you on the way out.

Sorry, this is really just pissing me off. I really wish he would come out and say this:

"I'm not leaving the Dolphins under any circumstances. I will be here coaching next year unless Mr. Huizenga tells me otherwise. I want to win here no matter what. I thank the University of Alabama for thier interest. I'm flattered. But I'm not going anywhere. When the 2007 season starts, I will be the coach of the Miami Dolphins, God willing."

In one way, I do agree w/ Peter King and the like. Why NOT come out and totally clear the air. He denies everything ... sort of several times, but never really really says "Hey, I really want to be here folks!"

Anyways, if we lose him, who do you want as coach for next season?

My pick would be Dom Capers! Decent coach who had a lot of success in Carolina once. Not sure what happened exactly in Houston. Let Mueller be GM, let Capers coach. Other than that - pick someone who will stay here for a long time.

BleedinGreenNC
12-21-2006, 11:10 AM
He would be stupid to leave you guys, he hasnt even established himself yet with the phins.

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 01:41 PM
BTW, just heard disturbing interview between Colin Cowheard and Terry Bowden about Saban. Also, some input from Mort:

-First off, there has been no official offer to Saban according to Mort, BUT Alabama is definitely waiting till the season is over to meet w/ Saban and make an offer.

-Bowden said Alabama would be a great challenge for a guy like Saban and, when later asked for a prediction, predicted he would go there. He also said Spurrier was raked through the coals for leaving the NFL, but is now the hero in college again, thinking Saban could do the same thing.

OK, Nick, here's your chance. Come out and tell us it's not happening! Otherwise, why shouldn't we be worried?

like2god
12-21-2006, 01:50 PM
If Saban left it would be a huge blow to his credibility and ability on the professional football level. Some guys take an NFL job and then realize that they aren't cut out for it and run back to college ball, I don't believe that Nick is that kind of guy. I honestly don't think that he is going anywhere, the media is always speculating and trying to scoop the world with the next big story (whether it's true or not).

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 01:56 PM
If Saban left it would be a huge blow to his credibility and ability on the professional football level. Some guys take an NFL job and then realize that they aren't cut out for it and run back to college ball, I don't believe that Nick is that kind of guy. I honestly don't think that he is going anywhere, the media is always speculating and trying to scoop the world with the next big story (whether it's true or not).Oh I totaly agree. Logically, it doesnt' appear he's going anywhere until he at least has made several attempts at getting us to the SB. But I just wish he would come out and just put this to rest - w/out any doubt. Just say it Nick, just say it - "I want to be the Dolphins coach as long as they'll have me. I'm not going to Alabama, I won't be meeting w/ them after the season is over. All I'll be doing after that Colt game is getting ready for FA and the draft, and looking for ways to improve this team in '07."

He's not a stupid man. He must know that by not doing this, the media is going to hound him until 'Bama names someone besides him coach. It's like he's being a pain in the ass for the fun of it. Maybe he is!

like2god
12-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh I totaly agree. Logically, it doesnt' appear he's going anywhere until he at least has made several attempts at getting us to the SB. But I just wish he would come out and just put this to rest - w/out any doubt. Just say it Nick, just say it - "I want to be the Dolphins coach as long as they'll have me. I'm not going to Alabama, I won't be meeting w/ them after the season is over. All I'll be doing after that Colt game is getting ready for FA and the draft, and looking for ways to improve this team in '07."

He's not a stupid man. He must know that by not doing this, the media is going to hound him until 'Bama names someone besides him coach. It's like he's being a pain in the ass for the fun of it. Maybe he is!
But Saban has always been elusive when it comes to answering direct question, relative to the questions the reporters are asking. :lol:

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 02:12 PM
But Saban has always been elusive when it comes to answering direct question, relative to the questions the reporters are asking. :lol:

Here's what he'll say later today:

"Relative to the relatives of the boosters in Alabama, relative to the size of thier checkbooks, relative to what they want to offer a coach - relativley - I'm relatively thinking about possibly asking my agent to relatively seek input as to what I should relatively do, but relatively, I think it's nice of Alabama to relatively offer me the job but relatively, I'm going to stay the course relative to the NFL and proving I can win - relativley - at this high level, which is relative to the previous relative success I had in college before relatively with LSU before I decided that, relative to the future of my career, the NFL - relatively - offered a better choice for me. I hope I've answered your question, relative to the answer you were seeking."

like2god
12-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Here's what he'll say later today:

"Relative to the relatives of the boosters in Alabama, relative to the size of thier checkbooks, relative to what they want to offer a coach - relativley - I'm relatively thinking about possibly asking my agent to relatively seek input as to what I should relatively do, but relatively, I think it's nice of Alabama to relatively offer me the job but relatively, I'm going to stay the course relative to the NFL and proving I can win - relativley - at this high level, which is relative to the previous relative success I had in college before relatively with LSU before I decided that, relative to the future of my career, the NFL - relatively - offered a better choice for me. I hope I've answered your question, relative to the answer you were seeking."
:lol:

I think you're right.

Mike13
12-21-2006, 02:53 PM
:lol:

I think you're right.

...Relative to what he should say.

PhinzN703
12-21-2006, 04:14 PM
...Relative to what he should say.

I see your standpoint.... :wink:

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 04:47 PM
F'n A!!!!!

Apparently, Saban read my post today and decided to get off is ass and finally say it!!! :wink:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16292289.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football

finfan01
12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
F'n A!!!!!

Apparently, Saban read my post today and decided to get off is ass and finally say it!!! :wink:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16292289.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football

Good for nick....good for the Phins:D

retired opfinistic
12-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Saban's munching a Snickers right now cause he ain't going anywhere for a while.

retired opfinistic
12-21-2006, 05:03 PM
F'n A!!!!!

Thank God B-Lo lifted the ban, otherwise Nick may have left.:D

cnc66
12-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Thank God B-Lo lifted the ban, otherwise Nick may have left.:D

there are no coinkydinkys

DolfanTom
12-21-2006, 05:21 PM
there are no coinkydinkys
See B-lo really IS a Dolphins fan!!! :wink:

Thanks B-lo!! You saved the 2007 Dolphins!! We are forever greateful!! :lol:

Mike13
12-21-2006, 05:45 PM
''I shouldn't even have to comment on this,'' Saban continued. ``I think I've said this over and over and over again

In his own way he said no.That was the problem, No one knows Sabanese.