PDA

View Full Version : Squish those...

Nasty Mcgahee
12-22-2006, 02:22 AM
...Jets, or ground them, or, whatever... Just win baby.

Go Phins

Dolphins 28 - Jets Grounded at 7

Dolfan5000
12-22-2006, 02:31 AM
We will, GO TITANS!

miami's1fan
12-22-2006, 06:33 AM
miami 27
ny 13
j e t s sucks sucks sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so-long-Ricky
12-22-2006, 06:38 AM
We will, GO TITANS!

:lol:

That will teach us to root for the fish!

feelthepain
12-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Anyone here think Miami cares about beating the Jets???

TheJetsBlow
12-22-2006, 08:03 AM

What a dumb question. C'mon man, are you serious? Of course they care. This is a chance to send the Jets home for the winter. If we're going home, they damn well better be going home too.

cnc66
12-22-2006, 08:03 AM

naaa...nobody "I" can think of... in fact, I'll prolly bring a crossword puzzle to the game just to keep me interested.... :goof:

feelthepain
12-22-2006, 08:23 AM
naaa...nobody "I" can think of... in fact, I'll prolly bring a crossword puzzle to the game just to keep me interested.... :goof:

I was talking about the team.

feelthepain
12-22-2006, 08:25 AM
What a dumb question. C'mon man, are you serious? Of course they care. This is a chance to send the Jets home for the winter. If we're going home, they damn well better be going home too.

Really?? A dumb question??? They sure didn't seem to care about beating the Bills last week, but then again the Bills aren't the Jets...are they???

so-long-Ricky
12-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Really?? A dumb question??? They sure didn't seem to care about beating the Bills last week, but then again the Bills aren't the Jets...are they???

So, let me get this straight.......Miami only plays when they "care"? Should start calling you Ms Cleo or Dionne Warwick ??? I'm not trying to start trouble but are you even reading what you're writing?

In your previous posts a lot of times I disagree w/what you're saying but @ times you bring up good points but to say a "professional" team plays only when they "care" doesn't make any sense......and if that is the case, the whole coaching staff should be immediately fired.

BwanaZulia
12-22-2006, 10:07 AM

They care, they just don't have the talent.

Defensively, they would hold their own, but offensively? Come on.

BZ

DolfanTom
12-22-2006, 10:21 AM
They care, they just don't have the talent.

Defensively, they would hold their own, but offensively? Come on.

BZYou're right overall BZ, but it generally comes down to turnovers. If our offense doesn't turnover the ball - see Patriot game - our defense can win the game for us. Our offense can then make a play here, play there to win the game. We've lost plenty of games this year because we turned the ball over too much, even when our defense played great.

I think it's going to come down to a big play in the fourth quarter by your favorite player BZ .... Jason Taylor :wink:

DolfanTom
12-22-2006, 10:24 AM
How 'bout "Divert the Jets!" or "Delay the Jets!" or "Overbooked your flight so you have to wait for the next Jet...s!"

I know ... I thought they were lame too. But it works!

BwanaZulia
12-22-2006, 10:25 AM
You're right overall BZ, but it generally comes down to turnovers. If our offense doesn't turnover the ball - see Patriot game - our defense can win the game for us. Our offense can then make a play here, play there to win the game. We've lost plenty of games this year because we turned the ball over too much, even when our defense played great.

I think it's going to come down to a big play in the fourth quarter by your favorite player BZ .... Jason Taylor :wink:

No doubt that your defense can win games for you. You caught Tom Brady on one of his worst games ever and you got Rex, well, when he was being Rex.

The question is, can you make Chad, who traditionally plays very well against you, have a horrible game?

You might be able to.

On the other side, can we make Joey have a horrible game and put up a 0.0 rating like last week? I think that is doable as well.

As for JT. I like him on the field, I just think he doesn't have any class off the field.

He rips the fans, doesn't give credit to the teams that beat him and is just a big mouth all around. Of course, the more he seems to talk up the Jets, the more he doesn't show up.

BZ

DolfanTom
12-22-2006, 10:28 AM
No doubt that your defense can win games for you. You caught Tom Brady on one of his worst games ever and you got Rex, well, when he was being Rex.

The question is, can you make Chad, who traditionally plays very well against you, have a horrible game?

You might be able to.

On the other side, can we make Joey have a horrible game and put up a 0.0 rating like last week? I think that is doable as well.

As for JT. I like him on the field, I just think he doesn't have any class off the field.

He rips the fans, doesn't give credit to the teams that beat him and is just a big mouth all around. Of course, the more he seems to talk up the Jets, the more he doesn't show up.

BZI'll admit, you have a better chance of upsetting Joey than we do Chad. One thing in Chad's game that CAN work well against us is quick, short passing. If you drop back 5-7 steps too much, we'll get you more than not. But little quick hitters, followed by a throw or two down field is the way to beat our defense. But it does take patience.

JT needs a big game if he really wants a shot at Defensive Player of the Year. On national TV, he'll be up for this one, I'm sure. We'll see if D'Brick and Co. can stop him.

BwanaZulia
12-22-2006, 10:44 AM
I'll admit, you have a better chance of upsetting Joey than we do Chad. One thing in Chad's game that CAN work well against us is quick, short passing. If you drop back 5-7 steps too much, we'll get you more than not. But little quick hitters, followed by a throw or two down field is the way to beat our defense. But it does take patience.

JT needs a big game if he really wants a shot at Defensive Player of the Year. On national TV, he'll be up for this one, I'm sure. We'll see if D'Brick and Co. can stop him.

D'Brick kept him to 4 tackles and a sack (coverage) last game, so I am hoping he can do the same.

It is funny how you are resting all your hopes on one guy, on defense. No talk of Ronnie busting our gut, or Chambers smoking or DBs.

BZ

finfan01
12-22-2006, 10:46 AM
There is no such thing as a coverage sack.....if nobody is open...get rid of the ball......If your line can't hold the defense, :tongue:

LABillzFan
12-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Anyone here think Miami cares about beating the Jets???I do. I think they need to regroup from the pounding they took last week. I think you have a small chance to beat them, but you'll need to do some uncharacteristic things: like put points on the board, and have receivers catch passes, and keep Chad from throwing three 20+ yard touchdown passes, and play defense, and stuff like that.

I don't think your team will quit because the only thing they haven't done yet is screw up your draft picks for next year. On the other hand, once Saban goes to Alabama, your new head coach Mularkey won't care about that draft pick anyway.

Good luck this weekend. Beat the Jets.

DolfanTom
12-22-2006, 10:55 AM
D'Brick kept him to 4 tackles and a sack (coverage) last game, so I am hoping he can do the same.

It is funny how you are resting all your hopes on one guy, on defense. No talk of Ronnie busting our gut, or Chambers smoking or DBs.

BZI'm a realist. We aren't good enough to win by offense alone this season. That's just the way it is. That's why our record - at best - will be 8-8. We're averaging the lowest points-per-game for our franchise since 1980. That speaks volumes.

This year at least - we win by defense. Other than the Detroit game, our offense hasn't really done anything overly special.

PhinzN703
12-22-2006, 04:16 PM

You might be able to.

BZ

We didnt catch Brady at anything. He stinks against us. Period. JT is going to knock Chad's dik in the dirt

finfan01
12-22-2006, 07:42 PM

I know I care

JiF
12-22-2006, 10:36 PM

Go Phins

Not a chance. Jets win 26-13. Fins suck.

MegaFinz
12-23-2006, 10:11 AM

You might be able to.

BZ
I dont know how pennington beats any team with that noodle arm of his.I was watchin nfl replay on demand and went to the jets vikes game and his arm strength is pathetic,i watched his throws closely and it took so long for the ball to get to the receiver's i seen alot of short passes to wide open guys with the occasional bomb that looks like the st.louis arch.Joey's got a way stonger arm and if he play's good and the miami d plays like they can and a fresh ronnie brown your team's going home with a loss.Oh and you better hope the jet's dont need a last second hail mary and if they do they could put in the back up who ever that is.

Kinzua
12-23-2006, 03:22 PM
FTP, you seem to believe that the Fins lost to the Bills last week because they didn't "care" so they didn't "play up to their potential". Obviously, Dee-Nile isn't only a river in Egypt. The Fins played lousy last week because the Bills neutralized their strength (defense ) and capitalized on their weakness (offense).

The Fins aren't the first team that the Bills have forced to do "play their game" since the bye week. They nearly beat Indy and San Diego, two of the top teams in the league. They thumped the Jets pretty good, too, and should have beaten them in Buffalo in September.

In fact, what the Bills did to Penney and the Jests is what the Fins need to do because the Bills are similar to the Fins in that their D is better than their O (although the Bills' D isn't quite as good, the Bills' O is much better than the Fins'). If Saban doesn't copy Perry Fewell's defensive game plan from the Bills-Jets, then he's sure not the coaching genius he's reputed to be. Let the Jests RBs have some space to run because they're not stellar, but harass Penney all game long and take away his receivers, even on the short routes. Penney is the one who beats you -- mostly with his brain, btw, not necessarily with his infamous "noodle arm".

Oh, yeah, the Fins need a refresher course on how to tackle. If they tackle Coles and Crotchery like they attempted to tackle Josh Reed last week, the Jets will rip 'em.

The Jets crash and burn in Miami on Christmas Day!

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 03:26 PM
How 'bout "Divert the Jets!" or "Delay the Jets!" or "Overbooked your flight so you have to wait for the next Jet...s!"

I know ... I thought they were lame too. But it works!

I like the effort though:D

MiamiDolphins34
12-25-2006, 04:25 AM

Go Phins

You worry about your team n beat the titans...oh wait nvm:lol: :sidelol: :evil:

MiamiDolphins34
12-25-2006, 04:31 AM
:lol:

That will teach us to root for the fish!

Dam im sorry man,losin a crucial game by 1 point n at home so long baby:lol: