PDA

View Full Version : Dontrelle Popped for Suspected DUI

Muck
12-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Florida Marlins pitcher Dontrelle Willis was arrested early Friday on suspicion of drunken driving, police said.

An officer saw the star get out of his black Bentley around 4:30 a.m. and urinate in the street, police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said. The officer then approached him, noticed signs of intoxication and arrested him, Hernandez said.

Willis, 24, refused a breath test at a police station and was being transported to Miami-Dade County jail, Hernandez said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2705991

Dang

phunwin
12-22-2006, 09:59 AM
You know, when I saw the headline that said "Willis arrested for DUI", I thought, "I don't think anyone on the Bengals has that last name."

RWhitney014
12-22-2006, 11:09 AM
You know, when I saw the headline that said "Willis arrested for DUI", I thought, "I don't think anyone on the Bengals has that last name."

:lol:

I'm disappointed. I'm not going to condone Dontrelle's actions, but I'm not going to throw him out of town either. But I'm still disappointed.

Amars
12-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Well I hope he learns his lesson and doesnt do it again. Well there went the MLB chance to make him a poster boy for the league.

MikeO
12-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Didn't he just get married??!! lol

All married guys drink too much. They hate their wives!!!

Give him about a year he will be divorced!! lol

Vertical Limit
12-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Ah well, he's still a good guy. This will be forgotten just like JJ Redick's arrest. Hope it doesn't happen again though.

He should be working on his change up instead of drinking! jk jk

cnc66
12-22-2006, 01:43 PM
he refused a breath test, his drivers license is now suspended for a year minimum...plus, if the officer is convincing and/or there is video, he could still lose the dui

Prime Time
12-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Damn. Well sh** happens. Hopefully he moves on from it quickly.

305TillIDie
12-22-2006, 02:09 PM
thats ok..D-Train is a good guy..i just hope it doesnt happen again

Roman529
12-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Lock him up and throw away the key....take away his Bentley. :shakeno:

Section126
12-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Who hasn't urinated in public?

FinsNYanksFan13
12-22-2006, 04:16 PM
This is nothing new for a 24 year old on South Beach to get caught driving drunk. He needs to get his sentece, make sure nothing like this ever happens again, and move on with his life!

BAMAPHIN 22
12-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Who hasn't urinated in public?

:lol:

tucker
12-22-2006, 05:29 PM
omg! this guy is a thug! we dont need a guy like this on our team!

unifiedtheory
12-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Why can't ANY of these guys take a damn taxi?

I make 1/1,000th of what these guys do and I take a cab, WITHOUT FAIL, EVERY SINGLE TIME, I've had more then 2 beers.

finfan01
12-22-2006, 07:33 PM
I heard somewhere on the radio that Dontrelle's agent and lawyer are saying that the police followed him because of his race and he was in a fancy car........if this is true..it is very sad:shakeno:

Ray Finkle
12-22-2006, 08:17 PM
I heard somewhere on the radio that Dontrelle's agent and lawyer are saying that the police followed him because of his race and he was in a fancy car........if this is true..it is very sad:shakeno:

It's possible however him refusing to take the test hurts his defense. Whether the cops followed him because of his skin has nothing to do with him being possibly guilty of a DUI. Sounds to me like Willis and his lawyer are trying to take away from he getting in trouble.

cnc66
12-22-2006, 08:44 PM

did you read the article? it said he was double parked and urinating in the street when they stopped...

Roman529
12-22-2006, 09:42 PM
did you read the article? it said he was double parked and urinating in the street when they stopped...

Raise your hand if you ever had a few beers and had to take a whiz a few minutes later. Dontrelle was probably coming home from a Christmas party, had some gin and juice and a 40.....c'mon....what's the big deal??? :confused:

cnc66
12-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Raise your hand if you ever had a few beers and had to take a whiz a few minutes later. Dontrelle was probably coming home from a Christmas party, had some gin and juice and a 40.....c'mon....what's the big deal??? :confused:

I was responding to the race issue

Prakk
12-22-2006, 09:47 PM
"Who hasn't urinated in public?"You were watching? Dang, I thought I was more discreet.

Prakk
12-22-2006, 09:53 PM
"I heard somewhere on the radio that Dontrelle's agent and lawyer are saying that the police followed him because of his race and he was in a fancy car........if this is true..it is very sad":shakeno:Statisticly (http://www.lashawnbarber.com/2005HCR.pdf), did you know that most race hatred crimes are commited by Latinos against Blacks, and Vice Versa? The percentage of WASP hate crimes on minorities is pretty low. Maybe it's time to stop the tired old "White Folks" can't stand to see (_________) <------(Fill in race here) do well cliche.

Roman529
12-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Can you refuse a drug test in Florida? I know a lot of states take your driver's license if you refuse. Hope he had a good lawyer....he should be able to fight it. Racial profiling exists...whether the police admit to it or not. :shakeno:

MikeO
12-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Racial profiling exists...whether the police admit to it or not. :shakeno:

So does drunks going wee-wee in the middle of the street!! lol

Amars
12-23-2006, 02:13 AM
Willis did the smart thing (in a stupid decision if he was drinking) in refusing a test if he was drinking. The DA has to have good evidence that he was drunk and not tired at 4:30am. Being tired is worse then drinking I think. Without the breathalizer result it will be tough to prove. With such a high profile person in Miami the DA better not be stupid like the Duke case. Dontrelle might be able to fight to keep his license also but I dont know the laws in Florida.

MikeO
12-23-2006, 02:31 AM
Willis did the smart thing (in a stupid decision if he was drinking) in refusing a test if he was drinking. The DA has to have good evidence that he was drunk and not tired at 4:30am. Being tired is worse the drinking I think. Without the breathalizer result it will be tough to prove. With such a high profile person in Miami the DA better not be stupid like the Duke case. Dontrelle might be able to fight to keep his license also but I dont know the laws in Florida.

He will donate about $50,000 to MADD

He will serve about 75 hours community service (signing autographs for kids probably)

Be on probhation for a year

And you will never hear of this again (unless he screws up again)

Amars
12-23-2006, 02:59 AM
:yeahthat:

Everything will be speculation on the DA part.

Section126
12-23-2006, 11:56 AM
BTW..It hasn't been mentioned in this htread..BUT Dontrelle is one of the truly great guys in sports.

cnc66
12-23-2006, 11:59 AM
the dui would have been a lessor punishment than the mandatory one year suspension for refusing the test.

phunwin
12-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey, Leonard Little killed a pregnant woman when he jumped behind the wheel after a few too many, and I think he only got a couple months in jail and an 8 game suspension from the NFL. Something tells me this won't affect Dontrelle's life a whole lot.

MikeO
12-23-2006, 03:16 PM
BTW..It hasn't been mentioned in this htread..BUT Dontrelle is one of the truly great guys in sports.

Well, the bloom is off a rose a bit with being caught going wee-wee in the street!! Let's be perfectly honest.

He isn't going to be up for any Aurther Ash awards anytime soon!! :lol:

unifiedtheory
12-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey, Leonard Little killed a pregnant woman when he jumped behind the wheel after a few too many, and I think he only got a couple months in jail and an 8 game suspension from the NFL. Something tells me this won't affect Dontrelle's life a whole lot.

I've always thought Little should have gone away for a LONG time because of that.

RWhitney014
12-24-2006, 01:24 AM
Well, the bloom is off a rose a bit with being caught going wee-wee in the street!! Let's be perfectly honest.

He isn't going to be up for any Aurther Ash awards anytime soon!! :lol:

Man, can you see the ground from your perch way up there?

Dontrelle screwed up. Badly. But one isolated incident, as long as it stays that way, does not undermine all the good he has done since the day he was called up and will continue to do as long as he has the means to do it.

Being perfectly honest would address all the community service awards he has won while admitting the mistake that he made, not ignoring everything he has done well to focus on the one bad thing.

tucker
12-24-2006, 11:37 PM
you always refuse the breathalizer test...when you do take it, all your doing is helping them build a case against you...

Amars
12-25-2006, 12:12 PM
you always refuse the breathalizer test...when you do take it, all your doing is helping them build a case against you...

:yeahthat:

the most you'll usually get is a year suspended of your DL and couple of AA/dui classes. Usually you'll be able to get a restricted license to drive to and from work.

PhinzN703
12-26-2006, 08:08 PM

Hope your kidding about that. DUIs are no joke. Wait until you lose someone you love b/c of it. It isnt a laughing matter