PDA

View Full Version : This scares the hell out of me. Jesus Camp...

FinsNCanes
12-22-2006, 10:42 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7147413143041922928&hl=en

NewEra8
12-22-2006, 11:07 PM
um wow

The Rev
12-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Brother,
What the kids were doing in the beginning is very popular in the charismatic/pentecostal/evangelical movement. It's called "speaking in tounges". It's supposed to be spoken in the "ancient" languages. The only ones that can "understand" what they are saying are those that can "discern" those tongues.
We are getting into very tricky territory when we start thinking it is wrong. Different does not always imply wrong. IMO. :wink:
On that note, fanaticism of any kind is wrong. Another opinion is that they are trying to play on the emotional side of kids. I believe that children and adults for that matter should be given a free choice to choose their paths in religion. They should not be "guilted" into Christ.
That's my 2 cents. Hope I didn't offend. :D
I see this being moved to PoFo. :lol:

Majpain
12-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Looks like Brain washing to me.

Pagan
12-23-2006, 02:03 PM
We are getting into very tricky territory when we start thinking it is wrong. Different does not always imply wrong. IMO. :wink:
Agreed.

Now all we have to do is get alot of your fellow Christians to believe that so priests will cease trying to stop Wiccan religious services from being held at military bases, and telling everyone who's not Christian that they're wrong and going to hell. :wink:

The Rev
12-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Agreed.

Now all we have to do is get alot of your fellow Christians to believe that so priests will cease trying to stop Wiccan religious services from being held at military bases, and telling everyone who's not Christian that they're wrong and going to hell. :wink:

They do what they think they have to do, brother. Everyone has an opinion. I had no idea that was going on in the military bases. There are ways to preach and what some want to hear others do not. I believe in a more "love-centered" approach to preaching. But then again, I'm no preacher. :wink:
What's really at stake here are the children and making sure they are safe and not just following the crowd...which I fear they might be. On the other hand, God is still good and capable of many wondrous things, even if don't always understand it all the time. :wink:
Glad to be able to discuss this with you even if we don't agree.
Merry Christmas. :wink:

like2god
12-23-2006, 02:58 PM
On that note, fanaticism of any kind is wrong. Another opinion is that they are trying to play on the emotional side of kids. I believe that children and adults for that matter should be given a free choice to choose their paths in religion. They should not be "guilted" into Christ.
That's my 2 cents. Hope I didn't offend. :D
I see this being moved to PoFo. :lol:

:clap:

Very well said Rev, I agree 100%.

FinaciousOne
12-23-2006, 03:14 PM
When people think they know it all, it really bugs those of us who do.:wink:

BigDogsHunt
12-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Would you visit here:

http://www.marianland.com/marianland.html

or

http://www.holylandexperience.com/

or

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1110/p06s01-wome.html

FinsNCanes
12-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Well..when some woman is just screaming nonsense into a microphone (literally..I heard no signs of any kind of word) and the kids are crying all over the place it just seems a bit awkward..and the kids seem misreable.

I never said it was wrong. I just said it freaked me out.

FinsNCanes
12-23-2006, 03:35 PM
They do what they think they have to do, brother. Everyone has an opinion. I had no idea that was going on in the military bases. There are ways to preach and what some want to hear others do not. I believe in a more "love-centered" approach to preaching. But then again, I'm no preacher. :wink:
What's really at stake here are the children and making sure they are safe and not just following the crowd...which I fear they might be. On the other hand, God is still good and capable of many wondrous things, even if don't always understand it all the time. :wink:
Glad to be able to discuss this with you even if we don't agree.
Merry Christmas. :wink:

Don't you mean Happy Holidays? Sorry, I just had to :tongue:

The Rev
12-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Well..when some woman is just screaming nonsense into a microphone (literally..I heard no signs of any kind of word) and the kids are crying all over the place it just seems a bit awkward..and the kids seem misreable.

I never said it was wrong. I just said it freaked me out.

I know brother. It does look weird. Hope you have a great Christmas. Happy Holdiays if you must. :tongue:

Pagan
12-23-2006, 06:46 PM
I know brother. It does look weird. Hope you have a great Christmas. Happy Holdiays if you must. :tongue:
Actually, you mean Merry Yule...after all, that's the holiday the birth of Jesus was moved to from it's believed date in August by early Christians in order to make it easier to convert Pagans.

It's all documented. :wink:

So Happy Holidays IS appropriate, because we kinda have a holiday this time of year too, as well as the Jewish people ya know. :D

ih8brady
12-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Actually, you mean Merry Yule...after all, that's the holiday the birth of Jesus was moved to from it's believed date in August by early Christians in order to make it easier to convert Pagans.

It's all documented. :wink:

So Happy Holidays IS appropriate, because we kinda have a holiday this time of year too, as well as the Jewish people ya know. :D

is a holy war brewing here? ;) jk, just dont mention Celsus

FinsNCanes
12-23-2006, 07:17 PM
is a holy war brewing here? ;) jk, just dont mention Celsus

Nah, atleast not on my part..because I think all religion is odd.

tylerdolphin
12-23-2006, 07:36 PM
What holliday do you guys have and what is it about. Excuse me for being completely ignorant here :wink:

ih8brady
12-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Nah, atleast not on my part..because I think all religion is odd.
sorry for the wink then(I realize thats not you in the avatar)

Rafiki
12-23-2006, 10:34 PM
I don't see faith in Christ in this clip. I see outward wailing and downturned countenance, which is not reflective of knowing the philosophy of Christ who preached against such things.

What I do see is a grassroot political movement, fraudulently framed as being a religous movement. You will note how much of the message is political.

FinsNCanes
12-23-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't see faith in Christ in this clip. I see outward wailing and downturned countenance, which is not reflective of knowing the philosophy of Christ who preached against such things.

What I do see is a grassroot political movement, fraudulently framed as being a religous movement. You will note how much of the message is political.

Where I got this clip (ebaums) it was said to be a movie supposedly coming out called "Jesus Camp". Maybe they are speaking in some kind of dead tongue..no idea. Rev would know more then I would what they are wailing about.

FinaciousOne
12-24-2006, 12:16 AM
What holliday do you guys have and what is it about. Excuse me for being completely ignorant here :wink:

We have Vonnie Holliday and he's about 6'5" 280# and he gets real happy everytime he jumps on a jet.

So here's wishing everybody a bunch of Happy Hollidays this December 25th!:evil:

Pagan
12-24-2006, 01:53 AM
The name of our holiday might ring a bell or two, since everyone uses it nowadays...it's called Yule.

Or the Winter Solestice. :wink:

Majpain
12-24-2006, 02:12 AM
I loved the whole give Bush your praises segment. as they raise the American flag behind the Bush poster board. Brain washing at its finest.

Coral Reefer
12-24-2006, 03:57 AM
Brother,

:

No offense Rev. but when groups like this use these types of shows (and that's what they are, shows) to prey on people in weakened states, the only thing to do is call it wrong.

tucker
12-24-2006, 11:20 PM
i think stuff like this is just as bad as the fanatics over in the middle east!