PDA

View Full Version : Here in NYC the radio stations are saying

straitg2nite
12-22-2006, 11:24 PM
We have no chance to win, and that the stadium is goin gto be packed with jet fans, and somehow that gives them an advantage. It gets me upset cause i know they've had our number for a while.

SR 7
12-22-2006, 11:36 PM
We have no chance to win, and that the stadium is goin gto be packed with jet fans, and somehow that gives them an advantage. It gets me upset cause i know they've had our number for a while.

gets you upset? loll i dont even care nemore. only thing to get upset about is whens the last time u heard a fin stadium near that?

Cannonboy
12-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Well. I live in Jersey and I know alot of Jet Fans are going down for the game. This could be a game where there will be a majority of Jet fans in the stadium.

finfan01
12-22-2006, 11:41 PM

It is true that the stadium will have a lot of Jets fans in it.......however, the Phins have a VERY good chance to win

"It's the NFL...anything can happen."

Raging Bull
12-22-2006, 11:45 PM
**** the Jets. We're gonna win. We're the best there is. Nick Saban gets up in the morning and pisses excellence.

thecoordinator
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
wayne could move the team and i wouldn't even care. there is no doubt the majority of the fans at the game monday night will be routing for the jets. hell. they'd be louder than the miami fans even if they weren't the majority. what an embarrasment on national prime time tv.

DolfinDave
12-22-2006, 11:50 PM
**** the Jets. We're gonna win. We're the best there is. Nick Saban gets up in the morning and pisses excellence.

:lol: I don't doubt he does. Does anyone know if pissing excellence stings? Cause if it does, I think I'm in the same boat as Saban.:wink:

Raging Bull
12-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Sorry hun, I think that's an STD, perhaps Chlmydia?

DolfinDave
12-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Sorry hun, I think that's an STD, perhaps Chlmydia?

Damn. Maybe I got it from Saban then cause I still think I piss excellence. :wink:

FinsNCanes
12-23-2006, 12:17 AM
It kind of hurts when all the ****ing Jets fans are down here for the holidays. I find it rather crappy that all the teams in our division seem to also live in Florida part time (lots year round), especially people from the Mass area.

FinsNCanes
12-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Eh..it double posted.

first&goal
12-23-2006, 12:23 AM
The absence of Booker is big, I hope we are able to rebound from last week and beat that piece of sh** team.
I'll be at the game, ready to make some noise.

Dolfan5000
12-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Who cares? Have you paid attention to who the Jets have played in their past four game? Powder puffs.

Jets-13
Dolpins-24
ZT has a crazy game while Jason racks in a couple more sacks. ;)

Brown42000
12-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Of course they are going to say that they are Jets fans and live in NY they aren't going to say Miami is going to win.

Clumpy
12-23-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm rootin' for y'all :wink:

Dolfan5000
12-23-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm rootin' for y'all :wink:
I'm rooting for the Titans! ;)

Clumpy
12-23-2006, 12:56 AM

:mad:

GreenMachine
12-23-2006, 01:06 AM
Who cares? Have you paid attention to who the Jets have played in their past four game? Powder puffs.

Jets-13
Dolpins-24
ZT has a crazy game while Jason racks in a couple more sacks. ;)

So the Buffalo team that just smoked you is a powder puff?

And beating Minny, who has the best run D in the NFL, is a powder puff?

Forgive us for making our own schedule.:sidelol:

endorPHINS72
12-23-2006, 02:03 AM

That's pretty much the only claim to fame the Jets have had recently.

As for the New Jersey media, I wouldn't worry too much about them. They're about as realistic about picking their team as Da Bears guys on Saturday Night Live were.

I'm sure there will be a lot of Jets fans down in Miami for the game. As the saying goes, cockroaches migrate south for the winter.

DolphanD
12-23-2006, 02:05 AM
If we win-great! Beating the Jets is always nice. If we lose I won't be too upset. A higher draft pick never hurts. And the same goes for the Colts game. I'll be rooting like hell during the game for us to win but if we don't going up in the draft won't hurt my feelings. Especially if we somehow get to the #11 or #10 pick!

DolfinDave
12-23-2006, 02:42 AM
I don't see why anyone is bickering about the schedule's of teams within the same division. We all play the same teams.

GreenMachine
12-23-2006, 02:46 AM
I don't see why anyone is bickering about the schedule's of teams within the same division. We all play the same teams.

Exactly.......

Vertical Limit
12-23-2006, 03:46 AM
**** the Jets.

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 07:38 AM

What radio stations are these? We have an ant-Jets station w/ our best sports talk station, WFAN, and the Jets home on ESPN radio has some homers but most of them don't like the Jets. I am not sure what you have been listening to.

jlfin
12-23-2006, 08:32 AM
This is exactly the type of situation where the PHins play at their best i.e no postseason pressure and playing against a divsion rival. Similar to the Pats game.
I have a feeling the Phins are going to win easily. The Jets will fold under pressure I think.

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 09:11 AM
This is exactly the type of situation where the PHins play at their best i.e no postseason pressure and playing against a divsion rival. Similar to the Pats game.
I have a feeling the Phins are going to win easily. The Jets will fold under pressure I think.

Since 1998 the Jets are 13-4 against Miami, 3 of the 4 wins came against backup QBs and the 4th a 2 pt win. Chad is 5-1 lifetime against Miami. If you expect to win big you are delusional. The game should be tough and Miami could win but I expect a Jet win especially a week after the dolphins were officially eliminated- it's always hard to get up for a game a week after being eliminated.

zonk4ever
12-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Joey has a better game: 17 for 29 - 180 yards 1 td - 1 int. Welker 6 for 58.
Jets go for 140 on the ground - Pennington 17 for 23 - 196 yards 2td - 0 int.
Jets win 20 - 10.

zonk4ever
12-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Forgot to mention post game conference: Saban speaks: "I'm proud of the effort."

Sirspud
12-23-2006, 10:42 AM
We're both mediocre. To say that one team will smoke the other is ludicrous because we've both shown incredible inconsistency.

Phinz420
12-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Since 1998 the Jets are 13-4 against Miami, 3 of the 4 wins came against backup QBs and the 4th a 2 pt win. Chad is 5-1 lifetime against Miami. If you expect to win big you are delusional. The game should be tough and Miami could win but I expect a Jet win especially a week after the dolphins were officially eliminated- it's always hard to get up for a game a week after being eliminated.

Whats the Jets record against Marino?

:wink:

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Whats the Jets record against Marino?

:wink:

Somewhere close to .500, maybe 2-3 games below .500 and considering we were bad in many of those years the record against Dan is very good.

miaD5499
12-23-2006, 10:55 AM
i live in ny and theres nothing more that i would love to see than to spoil the jets on xmas night, however to the game predicitions ive seen a few local sport casters pick the dolphins in this one really ive only seen espn pick mostly jets but every other station or radio station i have heard is pretty much equal in terms of favoring who will win.......i know the place will be packed with jet fans but i dont doubt that we are going to just be sitting quiet, its dolphin stadium our home stadium and the players wont care whos in the seats the game itself is going to determine the outcome and which ever team walks out to the field more prepared will win this game. im excited and cant wait, i usually attend this game every year however will not be able to make the trip to miami this year so to all who are going MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!

Phanatical
12-23-2006, 10:57 AM

me too.

Phanatical
12-23-2006, 11:00 AM
.... I expect a Jet win especially a week after the dolphins were officially eliminated- it's always hard to get up for a game a week after being eliminated.

I would certainly expect a Jets fan to know that. :lol:

JaxbillsFanatic
12-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplunk http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1061609398#post1061609398)

Exactly.......

NOT TRUE...

The Bills play San Diego--- Jets plays Oakland
Bills play Baltimore---Jets plays Cleveland

Bills play Baltimore-- Miami plays Pitts.
Bills play SD Miami plays KC

The Bills by far had a herder schedule than both of ya!

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 11:05 AM
I would certainly expect a Jets fan to know that. :lol:

Says the dolphin fan whose team hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 years.

Tigers2003
12-23-2006, 11:12 AM

As for the New Jersey media, I wouldn't worry too much about them. They're about as realistic about picking their team as Da Bears guys on Saturday Night Live were.

I'm sure there will be a lot of Jets fans down in Miami for the game. As the saying goes, cockroaches migrate south for the winter.

Do the Jets fans actually think that the Fins fan care about what the NY media has to say about them? Keep doubting us. It will make the win all the more sweeter.

I have been to a Jets-Fins game before in S. Fla and yeah it is discomforting to see about 20,000 Green glad in Dolphin Stadium. So, for y'all going to the game cheer loudly and proudly drown out any noise from greenies in the stands.

GO FINS!
J-E-T-S SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 11:15 AM

What is your claim to fame recently?

you obviously don't have a clue about the NY media, most always pick against us. The only guys fair are Hitchinson and Cannizzaro.

Cockroaches? somebody has to help sell out that building, you should be thankful the Nation won't see the typical orange, empty seats on Christmas Night.

aesop
12-23-2006, 11:26 AM
You don't have to worry about the New York media when discussing the Jets. Hell, New York isn't even their home. They should be the East Rutherford, New Jersey Jets... the Arm Pit of the NFL.

Yeah, go ahead, you can call into those stations and use that line if you want.

jlfin
12-23-2006, 11:26 AM

That 13-4 record is largely because your team is usually in the situation Miami is in right now i.e the role of a spoiler. They will play loose and will likely gamble a little.
Fact is, throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's the Jets have always treated the Miami game like a playoff game while Miami had much loftier goals and considered the Jets game just another division game.
I wouldn't have so much confidence in your team because they are playing a little over their heads right now and they have a little playoff pressure to deal with. If they fall behind early they could press a little, which leads to mistakes and would lead to a blowout. Much like the Bears game. Once Miami's defense tastes blood they will be all over Pennington.
Now if Miami has chosen to pack it in for the season, then I can see the Jets winning.

aesop
12-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah it would be impossible to contemplate the Jets being better than this Miami Dolphins team.

cnc66
12-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah it would be impossible to contemplate the Jets being better than this Miami Dolphins team.

I know...it makes my head want to blow up.... :goof:

GreenMachine
12-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Do the Jets fans actually think that the Fins fan care about what the NY media has to say about them? Keep doubting us. It will make the win all the more sweeter.

I have been to a Jets-Fins game before in S. Fla and yeah it is discomforting to see about 20,000 Green glad in Dolphin Stadium. So, for y'all going to the game cheer loudly and proudly drown out any noise from greenies in the stands.

GO FINS!
J-E-T-S SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!
This thread was started by a DOLPHINS FAN.
So I guess he does care since he started this thread.:rolleyes:

cnc66
12-23-2006, 12:00 PM

so what's up with the "Vonnie who? " thing?

GreenMachine
12-23-2006, 12:14 PM
so what's up with the "Vonnie who? " thing?

The trash talking between him and Coles.

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- As if the Jets-Dolphins rivalry needed any more juice -- the Jets are fighting for a playoff berth and the game will be played on Christmas Night on "Monday Night Football" -- WR Laveranues Coles dissed Dolphins DT Vonnie Holliday yesterday.

When told that Holliday said the Dolphins shouldn't have lost to the Jets in the first meeting (20-17 at Giants in Week 6), and asked if that was bulletin-board material, Coles replied:

"No. I'll be honest, I don't even know who Vonnie Holliday is. Whatever he has to say, I feel if it came from Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas it would be a little bit more of something to say something about. I don't even know who he is, to be honest."

Wow.

Holliday's response:

"Oh, he knows who Vonnie Holiday is, but I'm not about to get into a war of words with Laveranues Coles. That's not who I am. It's not about me. ... I felt that way (Miami should have won the game) and I still feel that way. ... I can't say what this guy is thinking. Obviously, I struck a nerve. Something happened because he made a comment."

cnc66
12-23-2006, 12:24 PM
ahhh, I see, thanks.

patswho?
12-23-2006, 12:44 PM

1.compare the jets record against THE REST OF THE LEAGUE versus ours, and i guarantee u will start to cry.

2. the last 4 teams you have played are garbage

3. because when our teams faced off in 1999, for example, will impact this game?

DolfinDave
12-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplunk http://images.finheaven.com/forums/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1061609398#post1061609398)

Exactly.......

NOT TRUE...

The Bills play San Diego--- Jets plays Oakland
Bills play Baltimore---Jets plays Cleveland

Bills play Baltimore-- Miami plays Pitts.
Bills play SD Miami plays KC

The Bills by far had a herder schedule than both of ya!

Whatever. We all play each other twice anyways. It all pretty much evens out. Our division is always one of the toughest, if not the toughest in the league. I just don't see much sense in bickering over the schedule.

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 01:13 PM
That 13-4 record is largely because your team is usually in the situation Miami is in right now i.e the role of a spoiler. They will play loose and will likely gamble a little.
Fact is, throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's the Jets have always treated the Miami game like a playoff game while Miami had much loftier goals and considered the Jets game just another division game.
I wouldn't have so much confidence in your team because they are playing a little over their heads right now and they have a little playoff pressure to deal with. If they fall behind early they could press a little, which leads to mistakes and would lead to a blowout. Much like the Bears game. Once Miami's defense tastes blood they will be all over Pennington.
Now if Miami has chosen to pack it in for the season, then I can see the Jets winning.

really? only 1999 we we spoilers. In '98 we played for the div title and we won at Maimi, in '99 we beat you twice in 3 weeks and almsot kept you out of the playoffs, in '00 we played when both os us were in it, in '01 we both made the playoffs, in '02 we played when both were in it, in '03 we played in Week 17 but both teams were out of it, in '04 Miami wasn't close to the playoffs and we made it and swept you, in '05 we played in Dec but both teams were out of it. Do you have another theory?

1.compare the jets record against THE REST OF THE LEAGUE versus ours, and i guarantee u will start to cry.

2. the last 4 teams you have played are garbage

3. because when our teams faced off in 1999, for example, will impact this game?

We played Houston GB, Buf and Minnesota. we crushed Houston GB and Minnesota while you guys LOST to Houston and GB, won in a squeaker over minny and were swept by Buf while we split.

Section126
12-23-2006, 01:19 PM
really? only 1999 we we spoilers. In '98 we played for the div title and we won at Maimi, in '99 we beat you twice in 3 weeks and almsot kept you out of the playoffs, in '00 we played when both os us were in it, in '01 we both made the playoffs, in '02 we played when both were in it, in '03 we played in Week 17 but both teams were out of it, in '04 Miami wasn't close to the playoffs and we made it and swept you, in '05 we played in Dec but both teams were out of it. Do you have another theory?

We played Houston GB, Buf and Minnesota. we crushed Houston GB and Minnesota while you guys LOST to Houston and GB, won in a squeaker over minny and were swept by Buf while we split.

The Minny game wasn't a squeaker. Watch the game instead of looking at the score. They scored a TD at the gun to make the score close.

We also shut out NE 21-0. Buffalo kicked the crap out of your jets. Buffalo shut the fins out 21-0. Jets beat the Pats. The Pats beat the Bills. WTF does any of what you said really mean?

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 01:39 PM
The Minny game wasn't a squeaker. Watch the game instead of looking at the score. They scored a TD at the gun to make the score close.

We also shut out NE 21-0. Buffalo kicked the crap out of your jets. Buffalo shut the fins out 21-0. Jets beat the Pats. The Pats beat the Bills. WTF does any of what you said really mean?

The Minny game was still close. Minny was up 13-10 in the 4th qtr and you lost to Houston and GB and while Buf beat us up we were in that game late in the 3rd down by a score and they shut you out the next week and we split w/ them. We also beat NE AT NE.

I also love how you say watch the game instead of looking at the score which is what you did w/ the Jets-Bills game.

Section126
12-23-2006, 01:59 PM
The Minny game was still close. Minny was up 13-10 in the 4th qtr and you lost to Houston and GB and while Buf beat us up we were in that game late in the 3rd down by a score and they shut you out the next week and we split w/ them. We also beat NE AT NE.

I also love how you say watch the game instead of looking at the score which is what you did w/ the Jets-Bills game.

That was a pretty lopsided score. We can play this game all day. We missed a FG that we usually get against the Jets....We missed a wide open Chambers in the Texans game...etc..etc...

We also murdered the Bears...so I guess that makes us better than everybody in the NFC.

We shut out teh Pats..so I guess we deserve the AFC East division crown.

If we beat you guys on monday, do we then deserve to be in the playoffs?

In other words...none of this means anything.

Brown42000
12-23-2006, 02:02 PM
The Jets by far have one of the easiest schedules in the league and if they were to make the playoffs they would be one and done.

Joe W. Namath
12-23-2006, 02:12 PM
How can you say the Jets would be one and done if they make the playoffs?

They would either have to play NE or Baltimore.

We already beat NE in NE this year. And being a dolphins fan, you should know the Pats are not nearly as strong as they have been in years past.

And Baltimore has a terrible offense. That team cannot move the ball.

I am sure that Baltimore and NE would be favored against us, but the Jets would have a chance against either one.

jlfin
12-23-2006, 02:45 PM

Can you read? I have been watching this rivalry since the early 70's and I stand by what I said. More often than not the Jets have played the Phins in the role of spoiler throughout their history. Fact is, I can count on one hand the times the Jets were EVER a factor in the playoffs.

alienalias
12-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey, I hate the Jets as much as the next guy, but NO ONE should be making excuses for the Fins! We freaking lost to HOUSTON, Green Bay, and barely squeaked by Tennessee when they sucked with Kerry Collins as their starter. There are no easy games in the NFL this year, unless you play Detroit or Oakland... and even those are losable games.
I hope the Jets go 0-16 next year and we kill them 63 to nothing on Christmas Day... but you have to give the Jets a little credit. This year their record is better, their game planning and coaching has been better, they have a better division record, and their only loss to a "bad" team was Cleveland. Their other losses were Indy, Jax, the Pats, Chicago, and the Bills. They have been a lot more consistent than us, even though we killed the Patsies and Chicago.

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 02:54 PM
That was a pretty lopsided score. We can play this game all day. We missed a FG that we usually get against the Jets....We missed a wide open Chambers in the Texans game...etc..etc...

We also murdered the Bears...so I guess that makes us better than everybody in the NFC.

We shut out teh Pats..so I guess we deserve the AFC East division crown.

If we beat you guys on monday, do we then deserve to be in the playoffs?

In other words...none of this means anything.

you were lucky it came down to a FG against us, we had a bad habit of letting teams back into games after we got big leads but that has ended. We can play the we should have game too, if we don't gte a blown call against Cle we have 9 wins right now, if we don't go for it on 4th and G from the 3 against Indy in a tie game late in the 3rd we probably beat the Colts, if we don't kick an OS Kick in a tie game to opent he 2nd half against Chi we have a shot.

you have to be consistent, 1 or 2 games doen't make you good. you are out of playoff contention for a reason andw eare in the hunt for a reason-we are the BETTER team. That doesn't mean you can't beat us but we are better.

The Jets by far have one of the easiest schedules in the league and if they were to make the playoffs they would be one and done.

yep it's all b/c of the schedule even though we play the same exact sched except for 2 games. We played Cle and play Oak and you played KC and Pitt, is your sched a little tougher? sure but not much.

Can you read? I have been watching this rivalry since the early 70's and I stand by what I said. More often than not the Jets have played the Phins in the role of spoiler throughout their history. Fact is, I can count on one hand the times the Jets were EVER a factor in the playoffs.

Can I read? This was your quote:

That 13-4 record is largely because your team is usually in the situation Miami is in right now i.e the role of a spoiler.

And I responded showing you that only '99 we were spoliers so apparently I CAN read.

patswho?
12-23-2006, 03:00 PM
the last 4 teams you played, one was .500 or better. shut up, it doesnt matter if we lost to them, THERE STILL LOSING TEAMS. and how come you didnt respond to when i said compare our records to the rest of the league? you pull out a bunch of useless stats.

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 03:03 PM
the last 4 teams you played, one was .500 or better. shut up, it doesnt matter if we lost to them, THERE STILL LOSING TEAMS. and how come you didnt respond to when i said compare our records to the rest of the league? you pull out a bunch of useless stats.

What is your point?

GreenMachine
12-23-2006, 03:05 PM

Just to prove you wrong;

SOS for the AFC East

Buffalo------- .556
Miami-------- .515
NYJ--------- .510
NE---------- .505

Of the 12 teams left in the playoff hunt San Diego has the easiest SOS at .459
Tennessee has the hardest at .571

Teams with weaker Strength of Schedules than the Jets:
AFC
San Diego
Baltimore
New England
Pittsburgh

NFC
All teams except
N.Y. Giants
Washington
Tampa Bay

So that puts the Jets at the 15th hardest.

Once again, the weak schedule stuff is BS. The East teams play virtually the same schedule. You were given a slightly different schedule because you had a better record. The fact is, this is the NFL. No team is a pushover. Ask Jax about Houston.

Tigers2003
12-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Just to prove you wrong;

SOS for the AFC East

Buffalo------- .556
Miami-------- .515
NYJ--------- .510
NE---------- .505

Of the 12 teams left in the playoff hunt San Diego has the easiest SOS at .459
Tennessee has the hardest at .571

Teams with weaker Strength of Schedules than the Jets:
AFC
San Diego
Baltimore
New England
Pittsburgh

NFC
All teams except
N.Y. Giants
Washington
Tampa Bay

So that puts the Jets at the 15th hardest.

Once again, the weak schedule stuff is BS. The East teams play virtually the same schedule. You were given a slightly different schedule because you had a better record. The fact is, this is the NFL. No team is a pushover. Ask Jax about Houston.

Can't believe I am agreeing with a Jets fan but yeah sos is overrated since everyone (except when it comes to the two teams based on previous years results) play the same opponents. That being said the Jets have overachieved this year. Let's see if you can carry any momentum til next year. And for the record I think the Jets miss out on the playoffs due to tiebreakers.

Tigers2003
12-23-2006, 03:33 PM

Well I can't speak for the fellow Dolphins fan who started the tread but a .10 worth of opinion here is that MOST certainly would not care what NY media had to say about our Fins.

nyjunc
12-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Can't believe I am agreeing with a Jets fan but yeah sos is overrated since everyone (except when it comes to the two teams based on previous years results) play the same opponents. That being said the Jets have overachieved this year. Let's see if you can carry any momentum til next year. And for the record I think the Jets miss out on the playoffs due to tiebreakers.

I don't think we overachieved. We were a kick away from the AFC Title game w/ mostly the same talent 2 years ago but we were injury ravaged last year and that, more than anything else, was why we were 4-12. Once Chad was healthy and the Ol came together most of our offseason quaestions were answered. We still have a big hole at RB but we are doing ok by committee. Our talent has been vastly underrated, we don't have SD talent but we have playoff talent.

GreenMachine
12-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Well I can't speak for the fellow Dolphins fan who started the tread but a .10 worth of opinion here is that MOST certainly would not care what NY media had to say about our Fins.

Bottom line, the only thing matters is how the teams play. Fans on a message board have no eefect on a games outcome

cnc66
12-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Bottom line, the only thing matters is how the teams play. Fans on a message board have no eefect on a games outcome

that's what YOU think...:goof:

I heard something earlier... something about if you had approached any Jet fan in the nation preseason and offered them an agreement for 8-8 and a wild card, every one would have joyfully signed it... you guys have done better than most expected.

straitg2nite
12-23-2006, 04:22 PM
yeah its WFAN 66o that talks all the junk

marcodolphin
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
I only have one thing yo say:
:jetssuck:

jets suck suck suck!!!

patswho?
12-23-2006, 04:57 PM
What is your point?

my point is, you came in here and said the last 4 teams you played werent garbage when they where. and came in here saying the jets have dominated the dolphins over the last 7 years like it matters. then when apparently it hit you that over that same span the dolphins have been a much better team than the jets, because you had no point to counteract it.

that it my point

now get off my forums

GreenMachine
12-23-2006, 05:07 PM
my point is, you came in here and said the last 4 teams you played werent garbage when they where. and came in here saying the jets have dominated the dolphins over the last 7 years like it matters. then when apparently it hit you that over that same span the dolphins have been a much better team than the jets, because you had no point to counteract it.

that it my point

now get off my forums
Wow. you own this site. Someone might want to inform AJ.:sidelol:

Brown42000
12-23-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't think we overachieved. We were a kick away from the AFC Title game w/ mostly the same talent 2 years ago but we were injury ravaged last year and that, more than anything else, was why we were 4-12. Once Chad was healthy and the Ol came together most of our offseason quaestions were answered. We still have a big hole at RB but we are doing ok by committee. Our talent has been vastly underrated, we don't have SD talent but we have playoff talent.
You guys almost have a completely different team from when you were in the playoffs 2 years ago and the Jets are last years Fins.

patswho?
12-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Wow. you own this site. Someone might want to inform AJ.:sidelol:

:sidelol: usually used by people with nothing left in there arguments

GreenMachine
12-23-2006, 07:01 PM
:sidelol: usually used by people with nothing left in there arguments

Really? People say this alot? Please link that to me. i would love to see it.

ihateyou134
12-23-2006, 08:25 PM
im gona go to the game just beause so many jet fans are going

patswho?
12-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Really? People say this alot? Please link that to me. i would love to see it.

so is changing the subject of the conversation..

Kadiddlehopper
12-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey, I hate the Jets as much as the next guy, but NO ONE should be making excuses for the Fins! --. They have been a lot more consistent than us, even though we killed the Patsies and Chicago.
Exactly. We need Kuech to come out and berate them again. If the Phins don't bring their "A" game, Jets will win. =( :dolphins:

Section126
12-23-2006, 11:53 PM
you were lucky it came down to a FG against us, we had a bad habit of letting teams back into games after we got big leads but that has ended. We can play the we should have game too, if we don't gte a blown call against Cle we have 9 wins right now, if we don't go for it on 4th and G from the 3 against Indy in a tie game late in the 3rd we probably beat the Colts, if we don't kick an OS Kick in a tie game to opent he 2nd half against Chi we have a shot.

We ran well against you in that game, and found every which way to gift wrap a win to your team. We even pulled the old' all out blitz and leave L. Coles open trick. I really meant what I said. if we are gonna play that game, I am gonna start claiming like 3 more super bowl titles. Like I said, in the end, your total record is what matters. But don't make the mistake of thinking your team is any good. Your team will take a step back before it gets better.

you have to be consistent, 1 or 2 games doen't make you good. you are out of playoff contention for a reason andw eare in the hunt for a reason-we are the BETTER team. That doesn't mean you can't beat us but we are better.

Your team is better this year......SO FAR. You just had consistent QB play. We have played with a backup for most of the year and when we had a starter in there, he was as mobile as Marino at his worst. You just have the best record. For THIS YEAR, your team is better. But it is not more talented, and doesn't have a better immediate upside.

yep it's all b/c of the schedule even though we play the same exact sched except for 2 games. We played Cle and play Oak and you played KC and Pitt, is your sched a little tougher? sure but not much.

Yeah...CLE and OAK is just as good as KC and Pitt.....:sidelol:

Did you lose another bet to make that statement? Nevermind that the NFL made us the sacrificial lamb to the defending SB champs on opening day at their house. Of course...an easy circumstance to try to get a win.:rolleyes: (we should have won that one....if we are gonna play this "if" game)

NYJ EcKo151
12-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Definately not on Mike and the Maddogg. They're both all over Miami and think the Jets will lose and their playoff hopes will be crushed.

But other shows such as Benigno and Somers expect the Jets to win Monday night...

Russo will be salivating if the Giants and Jets lose, it'll "make his weekend."

nyjunc
12-24-2006, 07:22 AM

Now I know you guys are making things up but that station is anti-Jets. they have 1 host who is a Jet fan but they keep him settled down on the Jets and he would never say the jets will have an easy game.

that it my point

now get off my forums

When did I say the last 4 teams we played weren't garbage? I wrote that both of our teams have played the last 4 teams we played and while we went 3-1 you guys were 1-3.

get off your forums? I'm sure if wew took a vote people would vote to keep me hee over you since I contribute alot more to the firums.

You guys almost have a completely different team from when you were in the playoffs 2 years ago and the Jets are last years Fins.

Not really. Offensively we are different but defensively the difference is we don't have John Abraham(we didn't in Dec. and jan of that year anyway) and reggie Tongue. Other than that the other 9 guys we had playing are playing today. On offense we got Chad back healthy and Coles in place of Moss which is an upgrade, Cotch ahead of McCareins which is an upgrade. The only major difference is we don't have Curtis Martin and lamont Jordan.

we are NOT last year's Phin, we are actually in the playoff race not just winning meaningless games at the end of the year.

Section126
12-24-2006, 12:56 PM
The Jets rank 23rd on Offense and 28th on Defense. How the hell did they win 8 games?

If you look at every playoff team this year, they have at least one outstanding unit, some of them have two.

So how have the Jets done this? Smoke and Mirrors?

I will tell you this:

If the Jets lose on Monday Night, then they are just as bad as we all thought they were. The Fins have nothing to play for and the Jets have everything. This game will tell you alot about the Jets.

DolfinDave
12-24-2006, 02:07 PM
The Jets rank 23rd on Offense and 28th on Defense. How the hell did they win 8 games?

If you look at every playoff team this year, they have at least one outstanding unit, some of them have two.

I will tell you this:

If the Jets lose on Monday Night, then they are just as bad as we all thought they were. The Fins have nothing to play for and the Jets have everything. This game will tell you alot about the Jets.

The Jets are 15th in points scored and 13th in points allowed though. That would tell me that they have two solid, yet not outstanding, units. I think you are right though that they are not good enough on either side of the ball, especially defensively and running the football, to win a couple of playoff games. I for one didn't think they would be this good this year. But I did think that a healthy Chad Pennington would very much improve the offense.

jlfin
12-24-2006, 06:44 PM

Can I read? This was your quote:

And I responded showing you that only '99 we were spoliers so apparently I CAN read.

Apparently you can't comprehend then. You are not reading, you are cherry picking. Why don't you put my ENTIRE quote when you wish to debate instead of picking one or 2 sentences? I said throughout the history of this rivalry (that includes the past several decades) the Jets have been looking up at the Phins at the end of the season and have played the role of spoiler.

nyjunc
12-27-2006, 09:27 AM

I will tell you this:

We make plays when we have to and we win.

GreenMachine
12-28-2006, 12:50 PM
The Jets were who you thought they were...

BleedinGreenNC
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
The Jets were who you thought they were...

9-6!!!