PDA

View Full Version : Way Way Off - Topic: St. Thomas University Location in Miami.

L.T.21
12-23-2006, 03:23 AM
This will probably get moved as soon as I post it but wanted to see if anyone was still up and could give me some advice. My Brother is going to attend St. Thomas University in Northwest Miami Fl. What does anyone know about the area? What are the good things? The bad things about the location?

Here's the location of the school--
http://www.stu.edu/maps-directions-article-58.html

Can anyone enlighten me please--it would be greatly appreciated....:confused::confused:

L.T.21
12-23-2006, 04:12 AM
**cough**cough** LOL.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ---everywhere I go....

The Rev
12-23-2006, 09:20 AM
It is a private Catholic university which has a high school to the south (Msgr. Edward Pace H.S.-my alma mater). As a side note, the Dolphins used to hold their training camp and season practices there. There really isn't much to do in that area: Dolphin Stadium is about 5 to 7 miles to the northwest. The beaches are about 10 miles east. There are some fast food restaurants in the area. For the real action, he's going to need a car so he can get around to South Beach (about 30 minutes away) and the clubs. Come to think of it, you really need a car to move around in that area. School is small and cozy on a good note.
Hope this helps. :D
PM me if you want specifics. :wink:

cnc66
12-23-2006, 09:26 AM
It is a private Catholic university which has a high school to the south (Msgr. Edward Pace H.S.-my alma mater). As a side note, the Dolphins used to hold their training camp and season practices there. There really isn't much to do in that area: Dolphin Stadium is about 5 to 7 miles to the northwest. The beaches are about 10 miles east. There are some fast food restaurants in the area. For the real action, he's going to need a car so he can get around to South Beach (about 30 minutes away) and the clubs. Come to think of it, you really need a car to move around in that area. School is small and cozy on a good note.

HEY ! good mornin' Raul! maybe this means ol' LT will be coming to visit his brother and we'll get to meet him eh? Happy Holidays to you and Aileen sir, and Merry Christmas!

The Rev
12-23-2006, 09:41 AM
HEY ! good mornin' Raul! maybe this means ol' LT will be coming to visit his brother and we'll get to meet him eh? Happy Holidays to you and Aileen sir, and Merry Christmas!

same to you brother. :wink:
God Bless.

L.T.21
12-23-2006, 11:29 AM

Good morning Rev. Thank you so much for the information.

Is it a safe area? Good thing the clubs and bars are 30 minutes away...gives him time to focus. :)

OOh--stadium is only 7 miles away--he is going to LOVE THAT! Like myself, a secondary team that I always pull for is the fins..unless of course we're playing each other and the last time that happened didn't go to well for us..
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Small and cozy is good -- any word on the campus as far as thing on campus?

L.T.21
12-23-2006, 11:30 AM

Oh most definitely! If I get an invite I am there! Heck, we'll all meet at my brothers. LOL.

Have you been to that area? OR anything else that goes on and around there? SOOO MUCH APPRECIATED!

L.T.21
12-24-2006, 04:56 AM
Anyone else ;-)