PDA

View Full Version : I got my PS3!! but how could it be possible???

Predaphin
12-23-2006, 05:31 AM
I finally got a PS3 just in time before christmas.

But how could it be that they had some PS3's at bestbuy?

I was doing some last minute shopping (actually shopping for some Xbox360 games) at best buy when a female worker approached me and we began talking about the systems. I told her how I really wanted a PS3 before I got my 360, and she said "we have some in stock". I was shocked and couldn;t beleive what I was hearing. So i asked her "you mean you have PS3's in stock!?" and she said "yeah, we have 3 60 GB and 1 20 GB in stock".....I thought she was kidding. Heck, one of the male workers caught our conversation (either that or he was just eaves dropping), and he asked her..."Do we really have some in stock?"...and she replied "yeah"....the guy said, wow I just came in to work and didn't realize it, i better go set one aside for myself....

Man, I began to panick....I didn't have 600 bucks on me. I WASN'T prepared to buy a PS3 at all, so I told the girl, "can I put the PS3 on hold while I go get my cash at home?"...and she said "sorry, but bestbuy doesn't allow us to do that"....so I phoned my wife and said, "you better get down here with 600 bucks cause I have a PS3 brand new from bestbuy".....Finally my wife got there and i purchased it.

Now, how could that be that I got a PS3 before christmas? I thought the next shipment was do sometime in Feb of 2007??? Was there a new shipment?? before I purchased the PS3, I done a thourough examination on the box to make sure it wasn;t returned or anything.....but it was untampered, it was brand new!

Someone please shed some light? Are PS3's hitting the shelves again?

Anyway, it was cool that I got it 2 days before Christmas....makes me wonder if there really is a Santa Claus....LoL

Amars
12-23-2006, 05:35 AM
They are returns from people who couldnt profit from them on EBAY. The hott item on Ebay is the Wii.

Agent51
12-23-2006, 09:26 AM

The more IMPORTANT question is HOW IS IT!?! I personally don't care how Best Buy got them, lol, I just wanna know how it is so I know if I should grab ine in the next shipment as planned or wait until they become readily available.

Mbs3009
12-23-2006, 12:52 PM
My local Sam's Club had 3 on Thursday. It seemed they were having trouble moving them. I was there for over an hour, and they were all still there when I left. It took every bit of will power that I had not to grab one for myself.

They had a 60gb version with 2 controllers for $654.00. By the time I would've grabbed a couple of games, I was looking at $800.00. That's a little too steep right around Christmas.

rob19
12-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Congratz man! How is it? My wii should be getting here tommorow, hopefully it gets here before christmas...

Predaphin
12-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Congratz man! How is it? My wii should be getting here tommorow, hopefully it gets here before christmas...

I'll let you know on Monday.....I wrapped it up for Christmas.....just another system my kids will go crazy for

FinsNCanes
12-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Luck of the draw I would say..

More then likely they had just recieved that shipment, that's how my dad got one (well his coworker bought one and sold it to him) but you get the idea.

I don't know if that Lair game is out yet but I definetely wanna get it. Being able to control a dragon? Badass...

PhinsPhan
12-23-2006, 04:04 PM
They are available everywhere. They sent out another shipment but no one wants them. On ebay they are going for retail.

I was suprised too when I found one at Wal-Mart (60gb). I bought it, now I will be taking it back sometime in the next month. They are everywhere and not necessarily being snatched up.

There is a website that will email you or text you when an item becomes available at a retail outlet. Apparently last year during this final week leading up till christmas there were plenty of xbox360 bundles being sold for over $1000 in less than 1 hour. This year only 1 PS3 bundle has been sold for over $1000 and it took 12 hours to do.

muscle979
12-24-2006, 03:25 PM
I finally got a PS3 just in time before christmas.

I was doing some last minute shopping (actually shopping for some Xbox360 games) at best buy when a female worker approached me and we began talking about the systems. I told her how I really wanted a PS3 before I got my 360, and she said "we have some in stock". I was shocked and couldn;t beleive what I was hearing. So i asked her "you mean you have PS3's in stock!?" and she said "yeah, we have 3 60 GB and 1 20 GB in stock".....I thought she was kidding. Heck, one of the male workers caught our conversation (either that or he was just eaves dropping), and he asked her..."Do we really have some in stock?"...and she replied "yeah"....the guy said, wow I just came in to work and didn't realize it, i better go set one aside for myself....

Man, I began to panick....I didn't have 600 bucks on me. I WASN'T prepared to buy a PS3 at all, so I told the girl, "can I put the PS3 on hold while I go get my cash at home?"...and she said "sorry, but bestbuy doesn't allow us to do that"....so I phoned my wife and said, "you better get down here with 600 bucks cause I have a PS3 brand new from bestbuy".....Finally my wife got there and i purchased it.

Now, how could that be that I got a PS3 before christmas? I thought the next shipment was do sometime in Feb of 2007??? Was there a new shipment?? before I purchased the PS3, I done a thourough examination on the box to make sure it wasn;t returned or anything.....but it was untampered, it was brand new!

Someone please shed some light? Are PS3's hitting the shelves again?

Anyway, it was cool that I got it 2 days before Christmas....makes me wonder if there really is a Santa Claus....LoL

That's incredibly good fortune. I also think having a debit card would make your life a little easier.

Bruzer
12-24-2006, 03:56 PM
My parents said they have seen several ps3's when they are shopping.

branflakecereal
12-24-2006, 07:34 PM
As a management employee at a GameStop, I can certainly say that there has been far more demand for the Wii. Also, there have been sporadic shipments of both the PS3 and Wii since their launches, it has just always been in small quantities, and is a matter of timing and luck as far as their availability goes. They never last long.

That being said, 360 > PS3, if you ask me. Wii is a whole 'nother ballgame, and really isn't even fair to compare it to the other next-gens.

DonShula84
12-24-2006, 08:23 PM
I think they exaggerated how few systems they were shipping to increase the frenzy for the system. My friend who works at best buy said his gets in them pretty often. They sell quickly, but they arent impossible to find like people thought. Whoever wasted money on ebay looks even dumber now

dolphan81
12-26-2006, 11:52 PM
I think the price is too high. 6 bills is too much for me. I think I am going to by an XBox 360. Just as a side note Walmart here has had 3 PS3s since 12/22.

Daytona Fin
12-28-2006, 01:10 PM
my brother works at wal-mart and he told me they get a few in every few days. they announce over the intercom that they have 3 ps3' available but they get snatched up in a matter of minutes. gotta be in the right place at the right time.

FinsNCanes
12-28-2006, 03:46 PM
As a management employee at a GameStop, I can certainly say that there has been far more demand for the Wii. Also, there have been sporadic shipments of both the PS3 and Wii since their launches, it has just always been in small quantities, and is a matter of timing and luck as far as their availability goes. They never last long.

That being said, 360 > PS3, if you ask me. Wii is a whole 'nother ballgame, and really isn't even fair to compare it to the other next-gens.

In what way? I'm not biased towards either, just curious. I thought I read the ps3 outsold the XBOX in Japan already? I would think the only reason it hasn't outsold the XBOX here is due to nearly being double the price, lack of em out, not to mention it's only been out for maybe 2 months.

Motion
12-28-2006, 04:03 PM
In what way? I'm not biased towards either, just curious. I thought I read the ps3 outsold the XBOX in Japan already? I would think the only reason it hasn't outsold the XBOX here is due to nearly being double the price, lack of em out, not to mention it's only been out for maybe 2 months.

Plus the game library hasn't started to fill out quite yet. IMO the doubters will be proved wrong a year from now.

finnnhero
12-28-2006, 07:22 PM
yea the PS3 i have some doubts about it especially the new batch-buyer beware!

Dolfan5000
12-28-2006, 07:58 PM
I found a PS3 in an EB games Christmas eve and bought it. Resistance Fall of Man and Madden 07 are TIGHT.

Can't wait until MGS4!

Joe Flipper
12-28-2006, 08:32 PM
I found a PS3 in an EB games Christmas eve and bought it. Resistance Fall of Man and Madden 07 are TIGHT.

Can't wait until MGS4!

Yeah i snagged a ps3 for christmas (thanx wife) and got Resistance fall of man.....GREAT GAME

:D

COMEBACKRICKY
12-30-2006, 04:29 AM
yeah i found mines at circuit city. when he told me they had some in stock i was literlay speechless. the guy was like "are you all right son?" it was pretty fun. i had spent all last week trying to find a good deal on ebay but people were asking too much. i was really glad to find one retail price!

TheMageGandalf
12-30-2006, 09:21 AM
I thought I read the ps3 outsold the XBOX in Japan already?

Dude, Sony is Japanese and it rules Japan.

Hell, I was raised on Sony products here in the states!

I doubt there are more than maybe 2 people over there that own any type of American made car.

No way in hell does an American product ever outsell Sony in Japan...ever.

Sony also caters more to the Japanese consumer and their types of games.

Microsoft has tried to gain 3rd party support for that though but it has a long way to go to catch up with the kind of support Sony gets over there and the mindset of the consumer as well.

Bruzer
12-30-2006, 10:24 AM
I have been wii hunting and all I can find is ps3's. I personally thought it was gonna be easier to find wii than ps3.

finnnhero
12-30-2006, 01:20 PM
are u going in person or caling places? easy to call instead of driving around like a nut!

Scatman
12-30-2006, 01:43 PM
are u going in person or caling places? easy to call instead of driving around like a nut!

yea, but over phone they never tell you the truth half the time, if you really want it unfortunately you goota make the drive and hit the stores

Bruzer
12-30-2006, 03:44 PM
I call and drive if they say they possibly are getting one in. Its not like I drive around no reason. Like walmart was either getting one thursday or tuesday and thursday all they had was ps3.