PDA

View Full Version : 15 Strangest Coincidiences

Agent51
12-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Some of these are pretty cool, a couple are random and not very interesting, but the last one, the JFK/Abe Lincoln one is insane.

http://2spare.com/item_51964.aspx

Celtkin
12-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Awesome find, Agent51 !

The Rev
12-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Very cool indeed :yes:

Nappy Roots
12-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Some of these are pretty cool, a couple are random and not very interesting, but the last one, the JFK/Abe Lincoln one is insane.

http://2spare.com/item_51964.aspx

pretty cool ****. good read.

some of the comments were good to.

after reading the kennedy and Lincoln thing I watched south park and someone named Kenny died, than during the commercials I took a crap and it was shaped like lincolns top hat! coincidence? lets hope so...

:lol:

Dolfan81
12-23-2006, 02:16 PM
the 1 about mark twain made me wonder

finfan01
12-23-2006, 02:39 PM
We looked at the Abe Lincoln coincidences.....they were pretty freaky

Colorado Dolfan
12-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Morgan Robertson's 1898 novella Futility had many parallels with the RMS Titanic disaster; the book concerned a fictional state-of-the-art ocean liner called Titan, which (like the Titanic) eventually collides with an iceberg on a calm April night whilst en route to New York, with many dying because of the lack of lifeboats. Various other details in the book coincide with the Titanic disaster. Later, she wrote a book, Beyond the Spectrum, that described a future war fought with aircraft that carried "sun bombs". Incredibly powerful, one bomb could destroy a city, erupting in a flash of light that blinds all who look at it. The war begins in December, started by the Japanese with a sneak attack on Hawaii.

:eek:

Agent51
12-23-2006, 06:41 PM
:eek:

As far as the Titanic one goes, if I remember correctly there is another book like that. I remember reading it in English class Freshamn year of high school. The teacher was telling us how the book was written BEFORE the Titanic happened and we should pay close attention to all the similarities because they are uncanny. It wasn't called the same thing as that article though, so either it's the same author and the name was just changed for the english version, or someone else predicted the disaster and wrote a "fiction" book about it too

Rocky Raccoon
12-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Lightning strikes back: A British officer, Major Summerford, while fighting in the fields of Flanders in February 1918 was knocked off his horse by a flash of lightning and paralyzed from the waist down. Summerford retired and moved to Vancouver. One day in 1924, as he fished alongside a river, lightning hit the tree he was sitting under and paralyzed his right side. Two years later Summerford was sufficiently recovered that he was able to take walks in a local park. He was walking there one summer day in 1930 when a lightning bolt smashed into him, permanently paralyzing him. He died two years later. But lightning sought him out one last time. Four years later, during a storm, lightning struck a cemetery and destroyed a tombstone. The deceased buried here? Major Summerford.

wow :eek: