PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Hell is Vonnie Holiday?

JiF
12-23-2006, 04:48 PM
No really, who is he? Whast does he to for the Miami Dolphin organization? Is he a player? Or fan? Cheerleader? FO? Why am I concerned?

finfan01
12-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Opposite of JT..........another pro bowl snub :nono:

GoBills24
12-23-2006, 04:50 PM
He was a great player in Green Bay.

That's about all I know on him.

GoBills24
12-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Opposite of JT.............who the **** is Aaron Schoebel:rolleyes:

The DE who was elected for the Pro Bowl.

:wink:

Way overdue.

finfan01
12-23-2006, 04:51 PM
The DE who was elected for the Pro Bowl.

:wink:

Way overdue.

True.....he is good........

JiF
12-23-2006, 05:02 PM
He was a great player in Green Bay.

That's about all I know on him.

Thats right. He was pretty damn good back in the day. I cant believe he is still in the league. That D is getting older every day.

GoBills24
12-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Thats right. He was pretty damn good back in the day. I cant believe he is still in the league. That D is getting older every day.

Yep, he had 5 or 6 sacks alone against the Bills in 2003, as a Packer.

Then I think he went to KC, and now Miami...

Phinz420
12-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Vonnie only needs 2 more tackles to tie his career high of 46. He also is one sack away from his career high of 8 Sacks.

Not bad for an old fogey.

All people have been saying about our D the past few years is about how old they are getting. Yet we continue to be top tier in sacks and total defense.

Im not surprised Vonnie missed out on the Pro Bowl, but the guy has rejuvenated his career in Miami, and I hope he will keep it up for the remainder of his career.

JiF
12-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Vonnie only needs 2 more tackles to tie his career high of 46. He also is one sack away from his career high of 8 Sacks.

Not bad for an old fogey.

All people have been saying about our D the past few years is about how old they are getting. Yet we continue to be top tier in sacks and total defense.

Im not surprised Vonnie missed out on the Pro Bowl, but the guy has rejuvenated his career in Miami, and I hope he will keep it up for the remainder of his career.

And he has Jason Taylor to thank. Poop.

Phinz420
12-23-2006, 07:23 PM
And he has Jason Taylor to thank. Poop.

I agree, and Taylor also benefited from the veterans that assist him on the front line. Taylor has 11.5 Sacks, Vonnie has 7, Carter has 5.5, and Bowens has 5(Matt Roth showing promise with 3.5).

I still think we have a scary front 7. Channing is coming around and Zach does his thing week after week. Still teams have shown us that its hard for us to beat them if our offense cant put points on the board. The D gives us plenty of opportunities and its just plain sad that this aging Veteran Defense can't get a playoff caliber offense to bring some excitement into south florida during the post season.

NYJ EcKo151
12-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Laveranues is just an honest person...It was overblown, but hey, settle it Monday night.