PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Fraud!!!!!!!

zachequalsgod
12-24-2006, 09:38 AM
I just want to warn everyone to be aware of a new Ebay Scheme that is going around. My aunt and I both have received a set of 2 e-mails:

1. The first e-mail will tell you about an item that the "seller" has paid for but you haven't shipped. Here it is:

Hi
I have sent you the money but i haven't received the package yet. if you will not respond me i will be forced to report you. For security reasons i have hidden my email so please contact me using the respond now button.

2. The second e-mail I got was from "Ebay," it said that my account had been suspended and that I could follow their links to fix my problem.

I almost fell for these, but when I followed their links I noticed that something was a little odd about the page. I didn't sign in. I went to ebay.com and went to My Ebay and checked my alerts and messages. They did not appear here. I just wanted to warn my FinHeaven friends about this so none of us are "had." Tell your friends and family to be careful.

Celtkin
12-24-2006, 09:45 AM
I just want to warn everyone to be aware of a new Ebay Scheme that is going around. My aunt and I both have received a set of 2 e-mails:

1. The first e-mail will tell you about an item that the "seller" has paid for but you haven't shipped. Here it is:

Hi
I have sent you the money but i haven't received the package yet. if you will not respond me i will be forced to report you. For security reasons i have hidden my email so please contact me using the respond now button.

2. The second e-mail I got was from "Ebay," it said that my account had been suspended and that I could follow their links to fix my problem.

I almost fell for these, but when I followed their links I noticed that something was a little odd about the page. I didn't sign in. I went to ebay.com and went to My Ebay and checked my alerts and messages. They did not appear here. I just wanted to warn my FinHeaven friends about this so none of us are "had." Tell your friends and family to be careful.

These are a relatively new trick that has been going around several months. If you click the link, it takes you to a fake e-bay site. Once you give them your information, the thief's will use it to harvest your credit card info.

If you do receive an email like that, just forward the email to spoof@ebay.com

Fin Fan in Cali
12-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks Bro's!:wink:

cnc66
12-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I have had several of these "fake" things sent to me over my pay pal account... I forwarded them to PP security WITHOUT opening them

Roman529
12-24-2006, 12:46 PM
I get these all the time. I am still waiting for a Miami's Dolphins flask that I bought through E-Bay...I only paid $9 for it but it has been a couple weeks. :rolleyes:

Amars
12-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks

Fresh
12-24-2006, 03:13 PM
I stopped buying stuff from ebay a long time ago. I haven't even been on Ebay (aside from selling a PS3) in all of 2006. Luckily, I've never experienced anything negative on there.. I'm just aware of what is going on.

PhinzN703
12-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Also guys watch out for those "customers" who claim their sons/daughers who are in school in Africa. Some scheme going around where they try and get your information from you.

It's easy to spot b/c it sounds far-fetched but i imagine someone out there might not figure it out.

Watch out

Dolfan81
12-25-2006, 05:24 PM
ppl r stupid, i get emails lik that all the time, only problem is, i dnt have my own ebay account, we all share 1 nd its not under my email, i dnt even read them nemore, i also get emails about how ive won a lottery, or a distant relative has died nd left me all this money, i jus find it funny how they rlly think ppl will fall 4 it

Roman529
12-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Also guys watch out for those "customers" who claim their sons/daughers who are in school in Africa. Some scheme going around where they try and get your information from you.

It's easy to spot b/c it sounds far-fetched but i imagine someone out there might not figure it out.

Watch out

Yeah, that's the Nigerian letter scheme...they always say you can inherit money if you give them some bank information...people are dumb enough to
fall for this.

NuttyFin
12-25-2006, 08:04 PM

Hi

Sweet Avatar.:wink: