PDA

View Full Version : Cool pic...musicians will appreciate this.

Pagan
12-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Buddwalk will dig this. :wink:

Lined up my "weapons of mass destruction" for a pic of my entire arsenal. I just bought a new one (the one that's my main bass now) and did a "holy ****!" when I realized how many axes I had. :lol:

From left to right:

~ Fender Precision
~ 1978 Original Series Musicman Stingray (on floor)
~ Ibanez BTB455QMTK (main weapon)
~ Ibanez SR405
~ Charvel San Dimas Bass (on floor)
~ Ibanez EDC 700
~ Ibanez ICB300EXBK

Next up is a Dean V Metalman Flying V bass. :evil:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/IMG_2275-1.jpg

Agent51
12-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Ummm, Pagan, you forgot the pic :lol:

But judging by your list, you are an Ibanez man :up:. I play guitar and I love Ibanez guitars, I like their thin necks, they are great for playing fast punk music, and they are comfortable too. I play the RG series, and I have 3 currently, but have owned a total of 9 or 10 of them. I use the Ibanezes when I play punk and I use Gibson Les Pauls when I play classic rock/rock/"hair" metal/blues. I have Slash's signature Les Paul, as well as the Zakk Wylde bullseye (that baby was an Xmass present last year). I also have a custom Les Paul that I built on their website. It's a blue quilt top with TRIPLE humbuckers and white accents/hardware. And I still have the very first guitar I got when I was 12, a Fender American Standard strat, white with a maple neck. I keep it for sentimental value, but I hardly ever play it because Fenders suck IMO, the never stay in tune, lol.

cnc66
12-24-2006, 11:22 AM
hmmmmm, left to right of what?

Pagan
12-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Don't mind me...a little toasty this morning! Gimme a break, I'm 45 today...as UF Fin Kat would say, I'm OLD. :lol:

It's up there now.

cnc66
12-24-2006, 11:24 AM
pffft you still have little boy pee....

Pagan
12-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Ummm, Pagan, you forgot the pic :lol:

But judging by your list, you are an Ibanez man :up:. I play guitar and I love Ibanez guitars, I like their thin necks, they are great for playing fast punk music, and they are comfortable too. I play the RG series, and I have 3 currently, but have owned a total of 9 or 10 of them. I use the Ibanezes when I play punk and I use Gibson Les Pauls when I play classic rock/rock/"hair" metal/blues. I have Slash's signature Les Paul, as well as the Zakk Wylde bullseye (that baby was an Xmass present last year). I also have a custom Les Paul that I built on their website. It's a blue quilt top with TRIPLE humbuckers and white accents/hardware. And I still have the very first guitar I got when I was 12, a Fender American Standard strat, white with a maple neck. I keep it for sentimental value, but I hardly ever play it because Fenders suck IMO, the never stay in tune, lol.

Nice arseal yourself Agent! The Musicman is my "sentimental" guitar. First real one I ever bought. Hardly ever play it now, but it looks damn good as wall art! :lol:

I wish I still had some of the basses I owned. I had a white Kramer Flying V bass and a Kramer 8-string, but those aluminum necks SUCKED. Also had a Rickenbacker 4001, but the sound was too tinny for my taste.

Yea...I'm shootin' for that Ibanez endorsement when the next CD comes out. :tongue:

Agent51
12-24-2006, 11:34 AM
That first black Ibanez (you're new one?) is awesome, I like the quilt-top finish. Those Dolphins Basses are great too :cooldude:

Just curious Pagan, do you play with a pick or your fingers? I don't knowif it's because I'm a guitarist or what, but I have a bass (a "pewter" Ibanez SRX) and I mess around with it when I'm writing songs and doing all the music parts myself or just when I'm bored, lol, and I CANNOT seem to play with my fingers. I mean, I CAN, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as with a pick, and it's definately not as fast.

Pagan
12-24-2006, 11:37 AM
I've always played with my fingers Agent. I hate the way a bass sounds when played with a pick. It loses all the low end growl, and most of the time you actually hear the impact of the pick on the strings.

Gah.

Yea, I'm shocked that I got that new Ibanez. Got a great deal on it, Guitar Center was having a sale, $400 off. Jumped on that sucker immediately.

I wasn't going to buy another bass, but since I switched over to 5-string I realized that if I pop a string onstage I didn't have a 5er Backup bass. Changing back to a 4 mid set wouldn't be cool, so I went to grab a knockaround backup and this baby fell into my lap. Ended up with a better quality bass than the other 5er, so know it's my main and the original 5 is my backup.

Agent51
12-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I've always played with my fingers Agent. I hate the way a bass sounds when played with a pick. It loses all the low end growl, and most of the time you actually hear the impact of the pick on the strings.

Gah.

Yea, I'm shocked that I got that new Ibanez. Got a great deal on it, Guitar Center was having a sale, $400 off. Jumped on that sucker immediately.

I wasn't going to buy another bass, but since I switched over to 5-string I realized that if I pop a string onstage I didn't have a 5er Backup bass. Changing back to a 4 mid set wouldn't be cool, so I went to grab a knockaround backup and this baby fell into my lap. Ended up with a better quality bass than the other 5er, so know it's my main and the original 5 is my backup.

Well what I meant by it not sounding as good is that with a pick the notes come through nice and clear and loud, and with my fingers they seem really low and almost washed out. This is prolly just due to the fact that I suck at playing with my fingers, lol. I mean, I sometimes use my fingers when playing guitar, if I wanna hit alternate strings that are seperate from each other, I use a finger to pick one and the pick the other, but with a bass trying to use just my fingers it just doesn't work for me. Granted I am not a bassist so I have never sat down and actually taken the time to learn to play with my fingers, so that is probably why I can't do it, lol.

In_Flames
12-24-2006, 09:28 PM

:yes: same here...Anyways cool pic Pagan, gotta love Ibanez.