PDA

View Full Version : Halo Movie?

AirFishOne
12-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Just read various crap on Wikipedia about a Halo Movie in the works, apparently Peter Jackson has signed on and he brought his Weta Workshop along with him for special effects. Srry if this has been disgussed alrdy but I just found out about this, and since PJ is doing it, it may actualy be good any thoughts?

dolphan117
12-25-2006, 12:19 AM
The movie is actually on hold. Fox and the other network (cant remember who it was) backed out at the end because of cost concerns. Jackson is still signed on but until they find financial backing the movie wont get made.

Majpain
12-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Didnt they throw out the script too? Or the cost of the movie was too high?

dolphan117
12-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Yup, at the last minute the 2 studios tried to renegotiate the contract or something due to it looking like it was going to cost more to make than they had anticipated. Jackson kept the script though, it will go back in production once they find a new studio to back the movie.

FLOUNDER
12-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Do they know how many people will go and see this movie? millions

FinsNCanes
12-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Let's hope it's as good as Resident Evil and Doom :lol:

Games to movies..eh..I dunno. I'm trying to think of any good ones but I can't at the moment.

Skeet84
12-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Resident Evil was a good movie!

Bruzer
12-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I did not like resident evil barely followed RE story and sucked in my opinion. There may not be any real good game to movies yet but sooner or later there will be.

dolphan117
12-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Let's hope it's as good as Resident Evil and Doom :lol:

Games to movies..eh..I dunno. I'm trying to think of any good ones but I can't at the moment.Yeah but this was going to be produced by Peter Jackson and the guy that wrote the script is supposed to be really good too. I think this one has the potential to be the exception to the rule of game movies sucking. And I'm with ya Flounder, I'm not sure how anyone could loose money on a Halo movie. Even if it sucked it would make a ton, and with Jackson on board I very much doubt it would suck.