PDA

View Full Version : AFC East- Hardest division in NFL.

McMichael
12-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Definitely.

miadolfan054
12-25-2006, 02:58 PM
no... AFC west.. moron

Metal Panda
12-25-2006, 03:00 PM
I would say the AFC West myself. The AFC East made a nice comeback this year, but ever since the Colts left due to realignment the East hasn't been the same.

The days of the Bills, Jets, Miami, and Indy being playoff contenders (and New England NOT) were great.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-25-2006, 03:01 PM
no... AFC west.. moron

I don't know, they do have Raiders

McMichael
12-25-2006, 03:05 PM
no... AFC west.. moron

wow merry christmas to u too.

Miami/NY/Buffalo > Kansas city/Denver/Oakland anyday.

Cannonboy
12-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Pretty much always has been.

Metal Panda
12-25-2006, 03:06 PM
wow merry christmas to u too.

Miami/NY/Buffalo > Kansas city/Denver/Oakland anyday.

Erm...kinda forgetting a major team there.

The West hasn't been AS tough this year due to the strugglings of KC and Denver's offense, but still....three potential playoff teams in one division each year.

kzarei
12-25-2006, 03:07 PM
AFC East has 32 wins, as of Monday afternoon. This will increase by 1 tonight.
AFC West has 32 wins.
AFC South has 32 wins.

If you're counting wins, AFC East will have a slight lead tonight. This doesn't mean AFC East has the best team.

McMichael
12-25-2006, 03:08 PM

The West hasn't been AS tough this year due to the strugglings of KC and Denver's offense, but still....three potential playoff teams in one division each year.

we've had to deal with the patriots for the last 6 years. 3 superbowl wins?!?!? chargers haven't even been CLOSE to the superbowl in the last 6 years.

honestly the only reason denver gets to the playoffs is cuz they beat up on kansas and oakland. over the last 6 years, the afc east has been far superior.

no AFC west team has even been IN a superbowl..... while AFC east teams have won 3 of them.

so basically i would take the chargers in our division over the damn pats any day

i do know that the broncos/chiefs are both just as good as pretty much ANY NFC team though. so are the bills and jets.

kzarei
12-25-2006, 03:09 PM

Um, I think his point was to compare non-fist place teams.

WestCKoastiN
12-25-2006, 03:24 PM
AFC East has to be the toughest with a 6-8 record we are still posted last.

CitizenSnips
12-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I think we can just say the AFC is just ridiculously hard in comparison to the NFC

tpn21
12-25-2006, 03:34 PM
no... AFC west.. moron

I haven't posted too often but even I know that was offsides on a DOchebag!!!! Maybe the AFC west has the best team overall but what i think what this person was indicating is what many of us have known for years. The dolphins play in the hardest division period. AND they have for like the past 10-15 years i would say. When the division ends up having all .500 teams or better with no real whippin boy (raiders) then I think it is safe to say it is a pretty hard division. All 4 teams could probably make it in any division in the NFC. But I suppose this person goes with what is the hot team now. So go to your closet put on your Members Only Jacket, have a few beers and watch the damn game tonight.

GO Fins , and go Defense. I need them to kick *** and score a td to even have a prayer in my fantasy league!!!
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Tbone13tx
12-25-2006, 03:35 PM
We wipe our footBALLS with AFC WEST teams, after San Diego, it is a pile of doo doo in that division...We are the worst team in AFC EAST(it hurts me to say that), so i guess it comes down to how sorry you think that we are?

Metal Panda
12-25-2006, 03:40 PM
we've had to deal with the patriots for the last 6 years. 3 superbowl wins?!?!? chargers haven't even been CLOSE to the superbowl in the last 6 years.

What does that have to do with toughest division? Even if you have a team that's won the Super Bowl ten years in a row, it isn't a tough division if the other teams are lousy.

honestly the only reason denver gets to the playoffs is cuz they beat up on kansas and oakland. over the last 6 years, the afc east has been far superior.

Yea, the AFC East was so much better than the West last year.

no AFC west team has even been IN a superbowl..... while AFC east teams have won 3 of them.

Big time WRONG. If you're talking last 6 years, I seem to remember an Oakland Raider team making it in 2002.

Metal Panda
12-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Um, I think his point was to compare non-fist place teams.

So he then mentions Super Bowls. yea, makes sense.

Tbone13tx
12-25-2006, 03:46 PM
One plus one is five!...Now better your life!...God bless you and Merry Christmass!:D

Metal Panda
12-25-2006, 03:50 PM
I can see arguments for both sides.

Yes, the AFC East has produced 3 SB winners, but it's been the same one team every time, and when we talk "toughest division", we talk about the division that is the toughest to come by wins in, which has the toughest overall 4 teams.

Both the AFC East and West have had 2 or more teams in the playoffs 3 times in the last 6 years.

Dolfan984
12-25-2006, 04:02 PM
IMO and this is talking about the strength of the teams not the records

Dolphins > KC Raiders and Denver (at this point)

Jets > KC Raiders and Denver

Pats > KC Raiders (they always get owned by Denver)

Bills > KC Raiders and Denver

KC > Noone

Denver > New England

Raiders > Noone

San Diego > Everyone

The AFC East is better, and it weren't for the Chargers, it wouldn't even be close.

The Dolphins are the worst team in the AFC East (not by a landslide or anything) but IMO still better than 2 or 3 (if you count Denver who's like 1-4 in their last 5) AFC West teams. I think that should be as telling as it can get.

Hasta
12-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Some people couldn't pick a football out of a line-up with a pumpkin, a basketball, and a baboon's behind.

AFC East has often been the toughest division in football... Even though, it isn't recognized that way very often.

This year is a hard argument cause we didn't "interplay" much. We're 1-2 against them with a game left (Jets vs Raiders). If someone else wants to track common opponents, feel free.

Dors156
12-25-2006, 04:33 PM
west

kzarei
12-25-2006, 05:22 PM
So he then mentions Super Bowls. yea, makes sense.

Usually when someone talks about the hardest division, they usually are talking about the curent year. I don't think Super Bowls play into the discussion. Again, we aren't talking about who has the best team, but top to bottom which division consistently shows the strongest results.