PDA

View Full Version : I swear consoles are taking over.

FinsNCanes
12-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I was at the mall today and decided to stop into EB games and the walls were covered with console games and they had a small section in the middle of the store with PC games.

This makes me a sad panda.

Majpain
12-27-2006, 08:26 PM
:lol: PC gaming will never die.

TheMageGandalf
12-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Its been a slow but steady process throughout the last few years.

The PC just cant compete with what the console world has.

The days of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Planscape Torment, Fallout 1 & 2, Warcraft 2/3, Diablo 1 & 2 etc. etc. etc. are over for now.

Most PC games are ports of console games or vice versa.

Money is an issue as well. For example, I wanted to build last year a monster PC and the bill would've run me about $3,500....

So what did I do...I bought an XBOX 360 and saved myself the cash.

I am happy.

This new generation of PC games are all about MMO's recently. Thats all I ever see anymore. MMO's for PC and glitchy messed up code games for single player games.

Granted there are exceptions, but they are few.

There will always be PC games, but they wont ever rule the world like they did before..........unless someone rolls out some awesome games (more than just 1 or 2) made for a PC only...

FinsNCanes
12-27-2006, 08:57 PM
I agree PC gamers (seems most) is all about MMO's and RPGS in general. If they would stop building the FPS games for console first then porting them over to PC there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately computers (although they've gone down in price) are still a little bit expensive compared to a 400 dollar console. What the hell kind of comp were you trying to build anyway? I can go get a comp for under 1300 and it will run any game out there fine. I honestly think in 5 years PC will not be used for gaming anymore. AOC (an MMO) is being ported onto the 360 and Warhammer (MMO) has been discusses but recently denied.

Mike13
12-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Maybe its because the consoles are cheaper?

Are you by chance a sexual harrassment panda?

NewEra8
12-27-2006, 09:50 PM
I love playing any type of strategy game on PC... that'll never die... and I cant stand playing those kind of games on consoles...

Cant wait to try out Spore this year

Majpain
12-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I love playing any type of strategy game on PC... that'll never die... and I cant stand playing those kind of games on consoles...

Spore!

PC gaming is all about FPS and Strat games!

NewEra8
12-27-2006, 10:01 PM
PC gaming is all about FPS and Strat games!

Exactly... theres a place for consoles and theres a place for pcs.... and then theres a place for the wii.... away from windows...

FinsNCanes
12-28-2006, 12:36 AM

I can't remember what I was reading but (it was tonight) there was a top 10 vaporware list on there and Spore was on there. I've personally never heard of it.

NewEra8
12-28-2006, 12:59 AM
I can't remember what I was reading but (it was tonight) there was a top 10 vaporware list on there and Spore was on there. I've personally never heard of it.

Not to hijack the thread but here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA&mode=related&search=

FinsNCanes
12-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Good lord..no reason it's vaporware. As soon as the guy referred to Pacman I was done.

UCFinfan86
12-28-2006, 01:29 AM
I think the companies don't put as much time into the computer games because they dont make as much off of them. Most of the people that play PC games just rip them off of some downloading service for free and the makers don't get no more for it

xDOLPHINSx
12-28-2006, 03:25 AM
wow, spore seems crazy, after the first 2 minutes i thought that it was the silliest game i had ever seen lol. but after like 10 minutes it finally pulled me in. and after watching all of that video, im left amazed. its so many games in one. what a huge game. im not a pc gamer so i wont get the game, but it seems like spore really has something there.

Dolfan5000
12-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Yeah they are, I'm making this post through my PS3. lol

Bruzer
12-28-2006, 08:52 AM
With directx10 out though I see some games being made for pc just becuase of the power pc has over consoles graphically.

Majpain
12-28-2006, 02:20 PM
I think the companies don't put as much time into the computer games because they dont make as much off of them. Most of the people that play PC games just rip them off of some downloading service for free and the makers don't get no more for it

Err actually they put as much time (maybe more) as making a console video game. They make plenty off of them. Look at WOW or HL2. Half life spawned Counter-Strike which has become quite popular.

illscriptures
12-28-2006, 02:38 PM
And what about the sims... and the sims 2? anyone.... hello... am I the only one that played that game to try and get all the virtual tang in the neighborhood? (thats right I said tang)... That damn Bella Goth gave me VD the first day I moved into my house.

But thats beside the point... PC gaming has lost it strength in users but some of the games they come out with are ridiculously good...

For black and white 2 and spore alone, I would consider buying a really good Pc, just to play them.

NewEra8
12-28-2006, 04:59 PM
And what about the sims... and the sims 2? anyone.... hello... am I the only one that played that game to try and get all the virtual tang in the neighborhood? (thats right I said tang)... That damn Bella Goth gave me VD the first day I moved into my house.

I live that life... no reason to sit in front of PC for that :lol:

Scatman
12-28-2006, 05:29 PM
im takin over

Predaphin
12-28-2006, 06:17 PM
I was at the mall today and decided to stop into EB games and the walls were covered with console games and they had a small section in the middle of the store with PC games.

I used to buy lots of PC games, but stopped buying them after most games require a better video card.

Video cards are expensive these days....some running up to 400 bucks....I'd rathwer buy the console which already has the better graphics.

Pagan
12-28-2006, 07:11 PM
PC games get crazier every year, and require more powerful PCs to run them. Most normal humans aren't going to go out and buy new PCs every time games get more involved. Well..most normal people who actually have a life. :tongue:

Consoles are easier to afford, have a wider variety of games, and don't become obsolete quite as quickly.

TheMageGandalf
12-29-2006, 12:03 AM
What the hell kind of comp were you trying to build anyway? I can go get a comp for under 1300 and it will run any game out there fine.

A MONSTER bro...a monster! :lol: One that could run anything and everything now and 1 year from now on the highest settings without any problems.

Anyway I was going to water cool it and put all kinds of crazy crap into it...

But like I said I went with a 360 instead and with the money I saved, I bought myself a new HDTV.