PDA

View Full Version : Has ESPN ruined MNF?

SkapePhin
12-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Honestly, I cannot even sit through the game if my team isnt playing.. And if it is, I find myself wishing it were on Sunday instead...

This crew has destroyed any and all prestige that this primetime football game ever had. It has become nothing more than an afterthought and a platform for C-List, misplaced celebrities...

GoBills24
12-28-2006, 01:04 AM
To answer your question, yes, I do think they have ruined it.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-28-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm sick of Theisman and Tirico stinks. His calls are horrible, the way his voice screeches and it always seems forced. Kornheiser is great though, I hate to admit it. His football insight is a lot deeper then he leads on and he's got personality which makes him likeable. Get rid of those 2, get rid of celebs coming on and promoting. If you want to have a celeb in the booth, have them in there to TALK FOOTBALL. The sideline reporter I could care less about and the rest is fine with me. Get rid of Theisman and Tirico, dead the chat with the celeb in the middle of the game unless their coming on to talk about the team and the broadcast will be fine!

FinsNCanes
12-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Umm..I just pay attention to the game if it's a good game. I could care less what the announcers sound like.

NuttyFin
12-28-2006, 01:33 AM
At least we dont have to listen to Madden.

Dolphin1184
12-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I wish Brad Nessler was announcing MNF. It is beyond me why he doesnt get the best college games and Musburger does. He is the best announcer they have.

retired opfinistic
12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
At least we dont have to listen to Madden.
Or Dennis Miller from a couple years ago!:shakeno:

SpurzN703
12-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah MNF seems more of a farce now then it used to. Back then MNF to me was so classic and serious (which IMO was a good thing).

I like Tony K on PTI but I personally don't need a funnyman announcing a game for me. Tirico is better at basketball. I like Theismann whereas most here dont'. He was best with Patrick and Maguire.

Damnit why did they have to break those fellers up

SCall13
12-28-2006, 12:19 PM
MNF has become a joke. It's horrendous.

dQbell
12-28-2006, 03:20 PM
I know some don't like him, but I really like Chris Burman. I've always enjoyed his baseball games, and I think he'd be great calling the NFL.

As FinsNY said, Tirico's calls are definately forced. He's not natural. What I don't like about Kornheiser is his scripted pre-game stories. Other than that, he's ok.

Ohh, and the scoreboard directly in the center of the screen..I'm seeing freakin' double over here!

Also, am I the only one that feels like ESPN sort of let NBC walk over them? With NBC getting the "better" games, it seems like MNF sort of willingly took a back seat.

SpurzN703
12-28-2006, 04:00 PM
These guys sure beat Gumbel's Kermit the Frog impersonation. Holy hell is that painful to listen to

HysterikiLL
12-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Local broadcasters to ten times a better job. They bring passion to the games. IMO, with technology as it is, they should invent some audio option on the television to tune in to local radio commentators instead of those goons.

spydertl79
12-28-2006, 11:21 PM
They need to have Kenny Mayne or Jimmy Kimmel as the color man

Slappy8800
12-29-2006, 12:05 AM
the NFL ruined MNF....its all about advertising now....do we need so many damn commercials?

Mike13
12-29-2006, 01:04 AM
The comentators suck.

Agent51
12-29-2006, 01:31 PM
While I agree they could be better, and the random celebs thing makes no sense (although giving Jeff Gordon a Belgian Waffle maker since he just married a Belgian chick was the greatest psuedo-racist thing I have ever seen :sidelol:), I don't think it makes the game unwatchable. I LOVE football, and I pay way more attention to the game than the announcers anyway. Besides, if you could sit through years of Madden and Michaels you can sit through anything. They are by FAR the worst, dullest, and most boring announcing team in the history of sports, including golf and tennis and swimming and even poker and spelling bees, which are apparently sports now.

I used to hate watching FOX games because the announcing was so wretched with those two (plus I hate the NFC, lol). You'd watch CBS and there would eb an interception and the announcers would go nuts calling it off step by step at the same time, they sounded like real fans and liek they were enjoying it just as much as you. Madden and Michaels would have an interception and say *in a monotone voice* "Interception........Touchdown", that was it. The same thing on CBS would have been "INTERCEPTION!, He breaks a tackle, at the 40, makes another one miss, the 30, he finds daylight, one person to beat, spins around the defender and he's in the clear!, 20,10,5, TOUCHDOWN (whoever the team or player is)!!!!"