PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilders?

HysterikiLL
12-28-2006, 03:13 AM
What's up guys..

As some of you know, I basically live in the gym, but over the last few months I've developed an even greater passion for bodybuilding. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I'm hoping to compete in a couple of years. I was just wondering if there are any current or former bodybuilders here who have any experience to share with me? Anyone have any stories?

If not, you guys can just add a few pics of hot chicks and get this thing moved to the ladies lounge :dday:

Cool Calm Mike
12-28-2006, 03:19 AM
Ask this guy...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

HysterikiLL
12-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Ask this guy...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d3/Dsc0047.JPG/200px-Dsc0047.JPG

Anders Graneheim :yes:

How about Arnie..

..or Jay Cutler...yes, Jay Cutler..

my idols

Skeet84
12-28-2006, 04:54 AM
What's up guys..

As some of you know, I basically live in the gym, but over the last few months I've developed an even greater passion for bodybuilding. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I'm hoping to compete in a couple of years. I was just wondering if there are any current or former bodybuilders here who have any experience to share with me? Anyone have any stories?

If not, you guys can just add a few pics of hot chicks and get this thing moved to the ladies lounge :dday:

Best of luck!

FinaciousOne
12-28-2006, 09:17 AM
My cousin got into it big time, but he made the mistake of using steroids.
Before:http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/tweety-1.gifAfter:http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

retired opfinistic
12-28-2006, 09:59 AM
My cousin got into it big time, but he made the mistake of using steroids.
Before:http://www.jeeze.com/funstuff/cartoonquiz/img/tweety.gifAfter:http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/buttons/pics/hyde.gif
:eek:

Motion
12-28-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm really into lifting weights and nutrition, but not quite on the bodybuilding level. Not sure how much he still comes around here but Spray Mucus is extremely knowledgeable on this topic.

Still can't believe Cutler finally won the Olympia.

ILPhinFan88
12-28-2006, 10:47 AM
OK, somebody needs to post some pics of that little kid bodybuilder.

Motion
12-28-2006, 11:01 AM
OK, somebody needs to post some pics of that little kid bodybuilder.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/sandrak-1.jpg

PhinzN703
12-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Best of luck to ya man!

tucker
12-28-2006, 12:19 PM
my bro used to train with Darrem Charles

FinsNYanksFan13
12-28-2006, 01:24 PM
What's up guys..

Yeah I did a musclemania show in 03 in Miami. Not a bad experience and I took 3rd out of 5. The kid that won it was a beast that came out of nowhere and everyone swore he was on juice but I didn't care really. The kid that took 2nd was pissed though (because he thought the kid was on juice) because he was the defending champ of the class and me and him were the only competitors drug tested before we took the stage (he thought it was unfair but it turned out that the kid that won it passed). No big deal, still a great experience and one that helped me build my confidence. I was going to do a show last year but just didn't have the full blown dieting in me. I eat clean just about all year round (with the exception of some Pizza once or twice a month depending on how I feel) anyways but depleting my body of water before the show and killing myself the week before the show just wasn't something my heart was into. I've kind of grown away from the bodybuilding aspect of it and have focused more on the endurance and strength part of it. Although I personal train in the summers and still follow some of pro bodybuilding, I've been turned off my bodybuilding the past couple of years. It's not as healthy of a sport at I thought when I was younger (when I was naive). It's worn off me like the WWF did because these guys will put anything into their bodies to get bigger and to me, bodybuilding is about health, not about being 300 pounds of muscle. Good luck with everything man and if you ever need any advice shoot me a message. I don't want to act like a guru or anything but I know my nutrition and weight lifting so if you ever want to talk be in touch. By the way, if your interested in doing a show, check out www.musclemania.com (http://www.musclemania.com) It's a got a novice show for newcomers like you (which is what I did) and it's all natural and a good experience. They get pretty good crowds at shows and are a really good stepping stone for anyone trying to get into the business. And don't be intimidated by the pro's they have on their website. Those guys are professionals, when you start off you'll be going against novice's like yourself (or guys with not a crazy amount of experience) so it will be a level playing field. Good luck again man, just remember, dedication is the key. 6 days on, 1 day off a week (at least that's how I do it lol)!

By the way, I saw the pic of Cutler in this thread and just wanted to say thank God someone took Ronnie Coleman out. That's one of those guys who is a 300 pound monster who in reality is unhealthy and a heart attack waiting to happen. Look at his training video's...his pre-contest meals were a few pounds of chicken, a few pounds of fries, and a few pounds of french fries. Yeah that's very healthy!

FinsNYanksFan13
12-28-2006, 01:24 PM
my bro used to train with Darrem Charles

Darrem's right down in Florida, my boy has trained with him too. Nice guy and the split and peak of his biceps are disgusting. Truly a sight to see!

Motion
12-28-2006, 01:39 PM
By the way, I saw the pic of Cutler in this thread and just wanted to say thank God someone took Ronnie Coleman out. That's one of those guys who is a 300 pound monster who in reality is unhealthy and a heart attack waiting to happen. Look at his training video's...his pre-contest meals were a few pounds of chicken, a few pounds of fries, and a few pounds of french fries. Yeah that's very healthy!

:lol: Not like Cutler is any different. Have you seen any pics from the competition? I'm no judge, but it sure seemed like Ronnie still had it over Jay. Props to Jay though, all those years of being 2nd best had to be frustrating.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-28-2006, 01:55 PM
:lol: Not like Cutler is any different. Have you seen any pics from the competition? I'm no judge, but it sure seemed like Ronnie still had it over Jay. Props to Jay though, all those years of being 2nd best had to be frustrating.

Yeah but Cutler is healthy while dieting for a show. In other words, he sticks to a strict diet of healthy food and actually does cardio (and not just walking on a treadmill). Ronnie is a slob all year round and just has to genetics to be what he is. I'm not saying he doesn't give it his all in the gym cause no one does that more then him but in terms of the full bodybuilding lifestyle, he's last. My boy was at the O this year and he's a huge Ronnie fan and he thought Ronnie was robbed. I wasn't there but I've always favored Cutler over Ronnie because his body is more compact and tight then Ronnie's IMO. There was a couple of years where Ronnie was given the O because he was the defending champ (as has always happened at the O) so it was good to see Cutler steal one. Plus I've met Ronnie and Jay both many times and Jay is the epitomy of bodybuilding while Ronnie to me didn't know much about nutrition and things of that nature, he basically just knows shoot roids, lift weights, get big!

HysterikiLL
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah I did a musclemania show in 03 in Miami. Not a bad experience and I took 3rd out of 5. The kid that won it was a beast that came out of nowhere and everyone swore he was on juice but I didn't care really. The kid that took 2nd was pissed though (because he thought the kid was on juice) because he was the defending champ of the class and me and him were the only competitors drug tested before we took the stage (he thought it was unfair but it turned out that the kid that won it passed). No big deal, still a great experience and one that helped me build my confidence. I was going to do a show last year but just didn't have the full blown dieting in me. I eat clean just about all year round (with the exception of some Pizza once or twice a month depending on how I feel) anyways but depleting my body of water before the show and killing myself the week before the show just wasn't something my heart was into. I've kind of grown away from the bodybuilding aspect of it and have focused more on the endurance and strength part of it. Although I personal train in the summers and still follow some of pro bodybuilding, I've been turned off my bodybuilding the past couple of years. It's not as healthy of a sport at I thought when I was younger (when I was naive). It's worn off me like the WWF did because these guys will put anything into their bodies to get bigger and to me, bodybuilding is about health, not about being 300 pounds of muscle. Good luck with everything man and if you ever need any advice shoot me a message. I don't want to act like a guru or anything but I know my nutrition and weight lifting so if you ever want to talk be in touch. By the way, if your interested in doing a show, check out www.musclemania.com (http://www.musclemania.com) It's a got a novice show for newcomers like you (which is what I did) and it's all natural and a good experience. They get pretty good crowds at shows and are a really good stepping stone for anyone trying to get into the business. And don't be intimidated by the pro's they have on their website. Those guys are professionals, when you start off you'll be going against novice's like yourself (or guys with not a crazy amount of experience) so it will be a level playing field. Good luck again man, just remember, dedication is the key. 6 days on, 1 day off a week (at least that's how I do it lol)!

Thanks very much NY! That's some really interesting info., and I've come to learn what you mean about the physical and nutritional demands. I came to bodybuilding through really just wanting to lift weights and live a healthy lifestyle. I've lived an incredibly healthy lifestyle and have experimented with vegetarianism and the likes. When I started learning about the dieting and bulking/cutting and everything, it was something to get my head around.

Also, I agree with what you say about Ronnie and bodybuilders like that. I've watched a bunch of DVD's from the past (namely Pumping Iron) and in a way, it's sad to see bodybuilding deviate from how it was in the 60's and 70's where it was more about the full package than ridiculously unproportioned mass gains. Sadly, with genetic engineering and other freak sciences, the sport may only continue in that wayward direction. There is still a beauty in it though.

I'm rooting for Phil Heath to take the next Olympia, really just because he keeps to a strict, healthy diet and is still cut out of stone. That, and I hate Cutler's hair. :lol:

Thanks guys.

FinsNCanes
12-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Don't do that crap man. It's freaky as hell looking and then once you stop your body is gonna look odd as hell.

tucker
12-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Darrem's right down in Florida, my boy has trained with him too. Nice guy and the split and peak of his biceps are disgusting. Truly a sight to see!ya he's a really cool guy..my mom is good friends with him...his son is pretty big too for only being 15 i think? i need to get in better shape so i may ask him to train me.

and ronnie is an *** in person, i'm glad jay beat him..ronnie was using the racism card for the reason why he lost

FinsNYanksFan13
12-28-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm rooting for Phil Heath to take the next Olympia, really just because he keeps to a strict, healthy diet and is still cut out of stone. That, and I hate Cutler's hair. :lol:

Thanks guys.

Phil Heath is what bodybuilding's all about, that guys physique is incredible. A lot thought he should have done the O this year but I think he did the right thing by taking the show off. It's just another year for him to gain and more importantly for his hype to build up prior to the show. If I'm not mistaken (and I probably am), he's never lost a show in his life. My friend is out in Cali trying to become a bodybuilder/actor and he told me that and actually was the one who told me about this guy (I was out of the loop for a while). Good call on him, he's going to win multiple O's in his career IMO!

Roman529
12-28-2006, 06:50 PM
I know a bodybuilding chick who works at a Safeway down the street....she has arms bigger than most men and a pretty deep voice and one of the darkest tans I have ever seen. I admire people who have the dedication to do this.....I just love my chicken wings, Dr. Pepper, and pasta too much to ever look like a bodybuilder. :wink:

HysterikiLL
12-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Phil Heath is what bodybuilding's all about, that guys physique is incredible. A lot thought he should have done the O this year but I think he did the right thing by taking the show off. It's just another year for him to gain and more importantly for his hype to build up prior to the show. If I'm not mistaken (and I probably am), he's never lost a show in his life. My friend is out in Cali trying to become a bodybuilder/actor and he told me that and actually was the one who told me about this guy (I was out of the loop for a while). Good call on him, he's going to win multiple O's in his career IMO!

:yes:

There was actually an article in FLEX last month about Heath. He was on the cover. It said he's only ever lost one show -- by one point, to his training partner, in his first ever show. There is also a good write up where they ask a bunch of this past Olympia's competitors how Heath would have done had he entered. Bottom line, I think he's being recognized by bodybuilding's elite as the next guy to beat. He's only 26 too.

I know a bodybuilding chick who works at a Safeway down the street....she has arms bigger than most men and a pretty deep voice and one of the darkest tans I have ever seen. I admire people who have the dedication to do this.....I just love my chicken wings, Dr. Pepper, and pasta too much to ever look like a bodybuilder. :wink:

:lol: I'll admit, as much as I've developed a passion for bodybuilding, I've yet to develop a passion for bodybuilding women. I dig fitness women, but not the whole muscular package on a girl.

P.S.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/pheath26rm-1.jpgPhil Heath

tucker
12-28-2006, 11:47 PM
how old is he? he looks young?

FinsNCanes
12-29-2006, 05:18 PM
That's ****ing disgusting..

Den54
12-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Juice monkeys.:lol:

HysterikiLL