PDA

View Full Version : Viva Pinata

PhinsPhan
12-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Has anyone played this yet and what are your thoughts?

The gameplay sounds fantastic and unique to me and it is getting good ratings but not great. What problems are there with the game if any.

Mike13
12-29-2006, 12:08 AM
The game lookslike it was inspired by one hell of an acid trip

Majpain
12-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Hopefully I will rent it tomorrow :D

WestCKoastiN
12-29-2006, 02:09 AM
the game looks intresting what do you do raise pinata? i've only seen the box.

UltraDol-Fan
12-29-2006, 10:49 AM
It's a fun game, there are other threads on this topic if you search. The whole premise of the game is to create and tend a garden which attracts different kinds of pinatas.

Agent51
12-29-2006, 12:38 PM
It's an OK game. It gets really monotonous really quick if you aren't into games like The Sims and all that.

Basically you are given a garden and you have to build it up, from a dirt pit with trash to a lush garden. You plant stuff like grass and flowers and trees because different things attract different pinatas. You also dig ponds and stuff. Each "species" has it's own requirements. Like one will require you to have X amount of flowers and Y amount of water in your garden or something in order for it to visit, and then another set in order for it to become a "resident" then ANOTHER set in order for it to "romance" and make little baby ones.

I thought it was cool at first just seeing the different pinatas but once your garden starts to fill up it becomes more of a chore than it does fun, just like in the Sims when you have a lot of people in your house and have to feed them, make them sleep, send 'em to work, send 'em to the bathroom, etc etc, it just gets tedious and there is no time to pan back and just enjoy what you created.

If you like Sim games you'll definately love this one, as it's a pretty cool idea and the graphics are great, but as far as people who have never really been into Sim games, I'd just rent it, because it's fun for a little bit but then it gets old and you never wanna play it again, lol.

Predaphin
12-29-2006, 12:59 PM
It's a fun game....It wouldn't be on the top of my list of games, but you will definetly get your moneys worth....

Although I would wait till the price drops.

StormSurge
12-29-2006, 02:06 PM
I just started playing it yesterday & I'm hooked. It helps to have a game like this, since I can't really play Gears or R6:V around my daughter. :)

Scatman
12-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I just started playing it yesterday & I'm hooked. It helps to have a game like this, since I can't really play Gears or R6:V around my daughter. :)

i hear ya.

man i dont even know how many games ive had to play lately pretty much on mute.... (dont help that im getting deaf, from ipod blasting while i work out)

half the time i beat a game and dont even know what the heck was ever going on in the 1st place.....might give this one a try.

FinsNCanes
12-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Is this the game where you play a wolf?

Agent51
12-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Is this the game where you play a wolf?

Nope, it's the game where you play a magical gardener who has a magical garden on a magical island that attracts magical pinatas who do magical things.

It's quite magical actually

mor911
03-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Just got Viva Pinata today... I have to say, it's very cool. It kinda sucks that people complain that the 360 is an "FPS console".... then when something truly innovative and different is released, it gets no love.

If this game were released in the Wii, it'd be the talk of the town.