PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins Shower Ranking

onemanswarm
12-29-2006, 11:06 AM
23. Miami Dolphins (6-9): The loss to the Jets ensures that Nick Saban will experience his first losing season as a head coach. Once official, the ‘no-losing-seasons’ distinction will be removed from the ‘trivia’ heading of Saban’s Wikipedia biography. This, in turn, will enhance the visibility of the factoid that Saban’s grandfather was named Stanko. Stank-O sounds like he could be a halfway decent Thundercat. He could spray urine on his enemies and refuse to bury his stools.

The other 31 rankings are available in the General NFL discussion forum here:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=175754

zonk4ever
12-29-2006, 11:21 AM
I know that Sab's has shown little in his first 2 years and may be the biggest waste of coaching money (you gotta include his world renowned staff) in the history of the Dolphins, but aren't you a little harsh? Nobody feels any worse than he does. You can be the richest coach in the NFL but you would give up all that csh for a few more wins... wouldn't you? :tantrum:

Agent51
12-29-2006, 01:19 PM
I know that Sab's has shown little in his first 2 years and may be the biggest waste of coaching money (you gotta include his world renowned staff) in the history of the Dolphins, but aren't you a little harsh? Nobody feels any worse than he does. You can be the richest coach in the NFL but you would give up all that csh for a few more wins... wouldn't you? :tantrum:

I don't think bad teams are entirely the coaches fault. It's one thing if your players are getting arrested and all that crap *cough-Hurricanes*cough-Bengals*cough*, since that means you aren't installing the dicipline that you are supposed to as a coach, but in terms of losses, it falls on the players too. Look at least season when our problems on D were there secondary. You don't think those players were well coached? Saban WAS a friggin DB coach, and he's a defensive guy. I think you can only teach players to a certain point, the execution and physical part comes down on them. Reggie Howard is just a crappy player, no matter how much Saban tells him where he is supposed to be it doesn't make up for the fact that the guy can't hang with the bigger/faster WRs.

Some coaches clearly don't know what they are doing and don't belong coaching, Saban is not one of those guys IMO. I think it's our players not being able to execute his schemes and what he teaches. Again, you can teach people football, where they are supposed to be, who they are supposed to cover, what to read, etc etc, but if they physical skills aren't there it doesn't matter one bit. If you give a great coach crappy players there's only so much he can do. Not to mention most of our problems are on offense, whiich isn't Saban's, it's Mularky's (sp?). I wouldn't call Saban a "waste of coaching money" at all. I think we need to get the guy a friggin QB, some WRs that can catch the ball, an o-line that can block, and some DBs that can hang with the better WRs and we would see what he can do as a coach. I'm not saying all superstars at those positions, but just capable players. We DON'T have a capable QB right now, our supposedly all-star WRs are dropping everything that DOES manage to get to them, the o-line is inconsistant, as well as the DBs. Our D-line and LBs are fine, just old :lol:.