PDA

View Full Version : Sid Rosenberg

IAG
12-29-2006, 11:31 AM
How obvious is Sid Rosenberg? Say crazy things to get listeners angry so that they call in.

I will listen to 790 am online, but when that dude is on the air, I click his fanny off. Does he bring anything constructive?

What is he doing in Miami, anyway?

By the way, has he stolen any Directv lately?

illscriptures
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
What does Sid Rosenberg have to do with the Miami Dolphins?:dolphins:

MiaMarino
12-29-2006, 11:40 AM
This obnoxious NY'er (and it looks like most of the ones down here have cornered the market on obnoxiousness) :fire: just likes to stir it up. Today's revelation: "I'll take 20 other backs in the NFL before I take Ronnie Brown." :confused: :shakeno:

To him & all the other obnoxious NY'ers : if you like NY so much, strap a rocket on and shoot your self back there! I'm not saying they can't be loyal to thier teams but don't be (insert any adjective similar to or meaning annoying, obnoxious, etc.. here about it.

Finsfan13
12-29-2006, 11:41 AM
He's the 10:00 - 2:00 pm host on a Miami area sports talk show. He used to work with Imus In The Morning - WNBC New York. A total New York fan - Giants, Yankees, and Knicks.

I can only take listening to him for a while... but the other choice is Neil Rogers (no thanks). I usually to over to ESPN's Colin Cowher.

HE IS ANNOYING... I did like when Bernie Kosar would join him. He pissed OJ McDuffie off enough to quit the station - they started out together.

Will someone tell him that his Giants are as pathetic as our Dolphins? He is the biggest whiner on the radio, that's for sure...:shakeno:

305TillIDie
12-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Sid is all about New York and what not..hell, I love New York but you can't talk Giants football on a Miami Dolphins flagship station

but thats just me

i miss Juice on 790 :boohoo:

Finsfan13
12-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Let's add that his Tiki Barber had a great impact on his Giants this season... how many Touchdowns so far???

IAG
12-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Sid talking about hot women makes me uncomfortable. Sid makes out like he is George Clooney or something.

Disgustipate
12-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Why would you listen to 790, much less Sid Rosenberg?

finz72
12-29-2006, 12:39 PM
What does Sid Rosenberg have to do with the Miami Dolphins?:dolphins:becuase he bashes the finz every chance he gets!!!!!!!

DolphinsfanBarb
12-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Actually, he hates the yankees..is an avid Mets fan....some woman called him and told him she was uncomfortable with his 'woman' talk, degrading them, and he told her she wasnt in his demographic, so dont listen..I for sure am not in his demographic..but, when it gets to be too much I change over to music..the commercials kill me anyway..

Urlithani
12-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I listen to Colin Cowherd because he goes out on a limb on topics. He thinks he's right all the time, but usually he's wrong and is just a good devil's advocate.

Sid Rosenberg was an experiment by 790; with such a large influx of people from the New York/New Jersey area living and spending time in Florida, they decided to see if they could garner ratings by having a NY oriented host on one of their segments.

Gladly it failed, and he should be gone in a couple of months.

IAG
12-29-2006, 12:59 PM
They should give him the graveyard shift where only truckers working late at night can hear him...He will own the olympics when they are China.

Disgustipate
12-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Sid Rosenberg was an experiment by 790; with such a large influx of people from the New York/New Jersey area living and spending time in Florida, they decided to see if they could garner ratings by having a NY oriented host on one of their segments.

Heh, if we're going by rating as a judge of success or failure, it's not just Sid Rosenberg that failed on 790, it's the entire station.

FEARDAFINS
12-29-2006, 01:47 PM
I listen to Colin Cowherd because he goes out on a limb on topics. He thinks he's right all the time, but usually he's wrong and is just a good devil's advocate.

Not only did thier experiment work, but it worked so good that he is going to be sindicated next year. He is a horse's *** but he knows his sports.

finserg
12-29-2006, 02:27 PM
I love 790 the ticket and sid rocks he says it like it should....be he is a giant and dolphin fan.

Bonedoc7777
12-29-2006, 02:32 PM
he is a coke head that got fired from imus in the morning on FAN in NY, he is in miami rehabbing great place to go if you like coke huh

emocomputerjock
12-29-2006, 02:35 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Sidnahaythan Rosenblatz?

tucker
12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
I enjoy his show..its pretty good imo

tucker
12-29-2006, 03:32 PM

actually his ratings are high

Porto Roc Puro
12-29-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't know whats up with ya'll.....Sid's show is removed great!!!!!! Like the other dude saids....he tells it like it is. I didn't like him at first...but he's awesome!!!! And honestly....I'm a die hard Dolfan...but I can't listen to Dolphin talk ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!

Porto Roc Puro
12-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Thats what I'm saying.....his show has good ratings. He aint goin nowhere!!!!!

Disgustipate
12-29-2006, 03:43 PM
actually his ratings are high

Compared to what? Dead air? Everything on 790 hovers at or just under a 2.0 share in their target demographic. And even then, you've got to take whatever Rosenberg's numbers are and chop some off of that because the only sports station in town is running a non-Sports show opposite of him(Which gets triple or quadruple his ratings, btw).

straitg2nite
12-29-2006, 03:50 PM
IM from nyc.. he was a jerk on WFAN, and he's still a jerk now. Always says negative things bout the Phins..I dont need his opinion if i was to hear it

Lloyd Heilbrunn
12-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Sid talking about hot women makes me uncomfortable. Sid makes out like he is George Clooney or something.

I've never understood these guys who think it's exciting to interview women on the RADIO.:rolleyes2

Coral Reefer
12-29-2006, 05:56 PM
How obvious is Sid Rosenberg? Say crazy things to get listeners angry so that they call in.

I will listen to 790 am online, but when that dude is on the air, I click his fanny off. Does he bring anything constructive?

What is he doing in Miami, anyway?

By the way, has he stolen any Directv lately?

I agree with you.

He is the stereotypical NY loud mouth and he is right there with Lebatuurd as reason why I NEVER listen to 790 and never will.

Word is 790's out the door after the Super Bowl anyway.

FinFaninMS
12-29-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't know where this garbage about Rosenberg having good ratings is coming from because it's about as far from the truth as saying that Mare had a good year in 2006.

The only thing more miniscule than Rosenberg's talent are his ratings. I guess since 790 knows that they'll never beat 560 in the midday so long as Neil Rogers is on, they've decided to give their good talk show hosts other slots where they might actually have a fighting chance and leave the loser from NY to fill in what may as well be dead air (actually the Emergency Broadcasting Signal would probably get better ratings).

emocomputerjock
12-29-2006, 06:23 PM
:( I thought my Jerry Lewis reference was pretty good

cnc66
12-29-2006, 06:53 PM
me too em, it was perfect because he is the

SIDIOT

you boys can enjoy his annoying newyawker accented voice all you want. "I" think he sucks and wish OJ would have slugged him.

Mogwai
12-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Gross. Why does that ****er get a thread? Do not listen to his show. Simple as that. He has no competition and id still rather listen to static. I dont listen to 790 at all because of him. If you consider yourself a self respecting dolphan or floridian then stop listening to 790 until he's out.

Porto Roc Puro
12-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Two TOS (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=1655) violations in one thread. I suggest you read it.

Gross. Why does that ****er get a thread? Do not listen to his show. Simple as that. He has no competition and id still rather listen to static. I dont listen to 790 at all because of him. If you consider yourself a self respecting dolphan or floridian then stop listening to 790 until he's out.

MikeO
12-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Thats what I'm saying.....his show has good ratings. He aint goin nowhere!!!!!

SIRIUS wants to hire him bad actually.

Disgustipate
12-30-2006, 09:58 PM
SIRIUS wants to hire him bad actually.

Lol, says who? Him?

MikeO
12-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Says the GM of Sirius when he was on SIRIUS about 3 weeks ago

BSQX4
12-30-2006, 11:33 PM
He's not trying to be George Clooney. He's trying to be an on-air radio personality like Howard Stern. He likes the Giants and the Mets and he is truthful about the Dolphins. He has massive knowledge regarding sports, in general, and although he's a little hard to take sometimes, the fact that he is fun to listen to cannot be denied. Additionally, he draws plenty of bigtime names to appear with him on 790 so what's the problem? He doesn't say the Dolphins are good?? Guess what? They're not good!

GoonBoss
12-31-2006, 12:12 AM
I travel 365/Year.....I don't think I've ever heard of him.

What I will say is if a radio personality stirs unrest and discontent, he's
doin his job.

That's how most of them gain fame/infamy. Either will do.

I really, really like Mike, Juko and Harry in Chicago. That is the
single most entertaining show I've listened to, even though they are complete Chicago homers.

The more buzz he gets, the more he'll do what he's doing. Believe it. People are talking, so, he's doing somthing right.

Disgustipate
12-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Says the GM of Sirius when he was on SIRIUS about 3 weeks ago

So let me get this straight...

It's not just that Sirius wanted him "badly", which is a concept that must arouse genuine and well deserved skepticism, but he came on the air on Sirius for some sort of mutual licky-licky session with a executive? Here's a guy 95% of the listeners on Sirius sports have never heard of, and they are putting him on the air without a contract to say "Hey, we'd really like to hire you too bad you decided to pull mediocre ratings in a 3rd rate market instead?"

Wait, it all adds up. YOU are Sid Rosenberg!

GoonBoss
12-31-2006, 01:19 AM
So let me get this straight...

It's not just that Sirius wanted him "badly", which is a concept that must arouse genuine and well deserved skepticism, but he came on the air on Sirius for some sort of mutual licky-licky session with a executive? Here's a guy 95% of the listeners on Sirius sports have never heard of, and they are putting him on the air without a contract to say "Hey, we'd really like to hire you too bad you decided to pull mediocre ratings in a 3rd rate market instead?"

Wait, it all adds up. YOU are Sid Rosenberg!

You are confuseing "good" with "compelling".

Clearly, he's compelling, since this is the first I've heard of him....

....And it's NOT on the radio.

Porto Roc Puro
01-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sid opened up his show this morning talkin about this post. LOLOL!!!!! Somebody apparently sent him the link. Go ahead and tune in fellas!!!!!!!

www.790theticket.com (http://www.790theticket.com)

ASCII
01-02-2007, 11:34 AM
:sidelol:

He just called nick saban a b****

finserg
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Do you blame him lol i love this guy..

Porto Roc Puro
01-02-2007, 11:56 AM
LOLOL!!!!!!!! Not the first time he's called him that. He said he's gonna drive Saban to the airport himself!!!!!!!! :sidelol:

ASCII
01-02-2007, 11:56 AM
lol....in the main forum for 4 days then moved?

Celtkin
01-02-2007, 11:57 AM
lol....in the main forum for 4 days then moved?

Yep...it got lost in all the Saban madness :wink:

It's like cutting tall grass and finding your neighbors rake under the weeds. Once you find it, you send it back where it belongs.

ASCII
01-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Yep...it got lost in all the Saban madness :wink:

It's like cutting tall grass and finding your neighbors rake under the weeds. Once you find it, you send it back where it belongs.

to the college ranks? :sidelol:

sorry couldn't resist

giants67
01-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Hello Dolfans this is Sid Rosenberg, host of the 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. slot on 790 The Ticket. A buddy of mine made me aware of this site and after reading some of the threads I felt compelled to join in. For starters, even though EVERYBODY knows I'm a die-hard New York Giants that does NOT mean that I don't root for the Fish as well. I absolutely root for the Dolphins against EVERY other team in the league. Secondly, the dunce that stated that most Sirius Satellite sports fans have no idea who I am is a TOTAL moron. I spent the last 5 years in the LARGEST sports market in the country and hosted my own show as well as daily appearances on the Imus in the Morning Show. But I did NOT stop by here to go over my resume. I think that speaks for itself. I am here to offer my support for the Dolphins and you the fans. I have been the most critical of any talk show host on EITHER station when it came to Saban here and in the end I'm going to be right. When I talk Dolphin football I tell it the way it is and some of you PANSY fans don't like that. My reccomendation is to STOP settling for mediocrity and let's try to win a Super Bowl down here! Thanks for listening and unlike some of these dopey threads may maintain my show is absolutely gaining in popularity and I'm not going anywhere. For a while! Go Dolphins and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you!

cnc66
01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
welcome no matter who you are, we are glad you joined us...you'll have to do better than just "say" you are Sid before I buy it tho... sorry, but we get "fakers" time to time.

Coral Reefer
01-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Hello Dolfans this is Sid Rosenberg, host of the 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. slot on 790 The Ticket. A buddy of mine made me aware of this site and after reading some of the threads I felt compelled to join in. For starters, even though EVERYBODY knows I'm a die-hard New York Giants that does NOT mean that I don't root for the Fish as well. I absolutely root for the Dolphins against EVERY other team in the league. Secondly, the dunce that stated that most Sirius Satellite sports fans have no idea who I am is a TOTAL moron. I spent the last 5 years in the LARGEST sports market in the country and hosted my own show as well as daily appearances on the Imus in the Morning Show. But I did NOT stop by here to go over my resume. I think that speaks for itself. I am here to offer my support for the Dolphins and you the fans. I have been the most critical of any talk show host on EITHER station when it came to Saban here and in the end I'm going to be right. When I talk Dolphin football I tell it the way it is and some of you PANSY fans don't like that. My reccomendation is to STOP settling for mediocrity and let's try to win a Super Bowl down here! Thanks for listening and unlike some of these dopey threads may maintain my show is absolutely gaining in popularity and I'm not going anywhere. For a while! Go Dolphins and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you!

I-95 North Sidney and don't let FL's door hit you in the arse on the way out.
By the way your show absolutely sucks.

On another note, welcome to the site!

cnc66
01-02-2007, 08:16 PM
so Sid...I been wanting to ask you...did OJ almost beat you up after you spent the whole day talking about your stupid giants on his birthday? I was hoping he would you know... It really peed my off to hear your smarmy NY voice talking about NY football on Miami's station... I stopped listening to 790 that day.

ASCII
01-02-2007, 08:26 PM

If you are Sid, thank you. At least someone has testicles to stand up to this bull **** by Saban.

Finsfan13
01-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm sure that was Sid.

Sounds just like him.

Ask him a Sopranos question - that will reveal if it's really Sid.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Sid, get your *** back to WFAN a.s.a.p. Joe B needs you and now that they made Evan Roberts his co-host, the show really needs you!

giants67
01-02-2007, 11:46 PM
I-95 North Sidney and don't let FL's door hit you in the arse on the way out.
By the way your show absolutely sucks.

On another note, welcome to the site!

You don't like my show....I'm sorry...maybe I'll change it for you

giants67
01-02-2007, 11:48 PM
so Sid...I been wanting to ask you...did OJ almost beat you up after you spent the whole day talking about your stupid giants on his birthday? I was hoping he would you know... It really peed my off to hear your smarmy NY voice talking about NY football on Miami's station... I stopped listening to 790 that day.

You stopped listening that day....bummer...maybe you should take your head out of your Miami *** once in a while and you may learn something about sports....big world out there my friend!

FinsNYanksFan13
01-02-2007, 11:53 PM
You stopped listening that day....bummer...maybe you should take your head out of your Miami *** once in a while and you may learn something about sports....big world out there my friend!

Get your *** back to NY Sid, where you belong. We miss you up here brother. Come back to where your appreciated!

FinsNCanes
01-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Worked with Imus? Enough said. That dude (Imus) sounds like he's juggling **** in his throat when he talks. I've never heard of this Sid guy, but..since you joined give me the 20 backs you would rather take. I'm afraid to say anything past this because I think I might get banned considering I called someone an idiot and got a LEVEL 4 WARNING! Watch out..I'm dangerous!

FinsNCanes
01-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Btw, if this guy talks so much **** about the Fins I'm kind a little curious what he has to say about his Giants. They'd be doing worse then us if they were in the AFC. Hell, we could probably make the playoffs in the NFC.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Worked with Imus? Enough said. That dude (Imus) sounds like he's juggling **** in his throat when he talks. I've never heard of this Sid guy, but..since you joined give me the 20 backs you would rather take. I'm afraid to say anything past this because I think I might get banned considering I called someone an idiot and got a LEVEL 4 WARNING! Watch out..I'm dangerous!

Imus is a pioneer in radio no matter what he sounds like. Working for him means you've done something right in your profession. Seriously man, Sid thinks 20 backs in the NFL are better then Ronnie Brown, who cares? It's HIS show where he gives HIS opinion. Get off the guys back and if you don't like what he's got to say then turn him off. I'm a big fan of Sid living here in NY. While I don't always agree with him, he's entertaining, he mixes in sports with other things, and just because he's a Giants fan doesn't mean he doesn't belong on Miami airwaves. Chris Russo's a San Francisco Giants fan. Should he no be allowed on NY airwaves during basbeall season? C'mon guys, you are taking Sid's opinions to the heart to much. Start living with the fact that everyone isn't a Dolphins fan and that people are allowed to trash the Dolphins if that's how they feel about the team!

FinsNCanes
01-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Imus is a pioneer in radio no matter what he sounds like. Working for him means you've done something right in your profession. Seriously man, Sid thinks 20 backs in the NFL are better then Ronnie Brown, who cares? It's HIS show where he gives HIS opinion. Get off the guys back and if you don't like what he's got to say then turn him off. I'm a big fan of Sid living here in NY. While I don't always agree with him, he's entertaining, he mixes in sports with other things, and just because he's a Giants fan doesn't mean he doesn't belong on Miami airwaves. Chris Russo's a San Francisco Giants fan. Should he no be allowed on NY airwaves during basbeall season? C'mon guys, you are taking Sid's opinions to the heart to much. Start living with the fact that everyone isn't a Dolphins fan and that people are allowed to trash the Dolphins if that's how they feel about the team!

I just want him to name the 20 backs..that's all. He made a statement, back it up. Isn't that hard, is it? Btw, Imus is a douche. Have you ever listened to the guy? I have. He sits there with his glasses and little goofy *** hat and talks about nothing. It doesn't help you can't understand the guy half the time. I honestly don't care. I'm just ranting and rambling cause I'm bored and been drinking. I've never heard of Sid to be honest with you and I've lived in FL my whole life. The only way I can know a person (despite his opinions) is to meet him irl. If he says something I don't like while I'm at the game, well..then that's when the bud light bottle goes in the rear.

Vertical Limit
01-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Sid Rosenberg is a closet Bills fan. He's a complete moron. Kind of reminds me of my stupid brother, always negative about our Dolphins, but still calls himself a Dolphins fan.

Fresh
01-03-2007, 12:47 AM
That **** made a report last week that Dwyane Wade is out for the entire season with a broken wrist.. some Knicks fans made a topic about it on RealGM.

He throws out false NBA reports like crazy........

Vertical Limit
01-03-2007, 12:49 AM
I just want him to name the 20 backs..that's all. He made a statement, back it up. Isn't that hard, is it? Btw, Imus is a douche. Have you ever listened to the guy? I have. He sits there with his glasses and little goofy *** hat and talks about nothing. It doesn't help you can't understand the guy half the time. I honestly don't care. I'm just ranting and rambling cause I'm bored and been drinking. I've never heard of Sid to be honest with you and I've lived in FL my whole life. The only way I can know a person (despite his opinions) is to meet him irl. If he says something I don't like while I'm at the game, well..then that's when the bud light bottle goes in the rear.
He won't name them, because the idiot talks out of his ***. Instead of commenting about Nick Saban underutilizing Ronnie Brown to 15-18 carries per game [according to Saban's PC], or perhaps talking about how inconsistent our offensive line is, with all the injuries our offensive line suffered [Seth McKinney, Bennie Andreson, Jeno James, Jacox, etc], plus the inability of our guards to block effectively and go to the second level, or perhaps the HORRID playcalling from our most hated Mike Mullarkey.

All this, yet, Ronnie Brown still averaged 4.3 yards per carry, still rushed for 1000 yards despite missing games due to a freak occurance.

Had Ronnie Brown had a few more games with 25-30 carries, we're talking about a potential 107-129 yards per game with that 4.3 yards per carry average.

But no, let Sid Rosenberg talk about what he and EVERY OTHER football noob wants to beleive. "Saban is trash, Ronnie is a bust, Jason Allen is a bust, Derrick Pope shouldn't have won the Jason Taylor's Ping Pong tournament." :rolleyes2

Vertical Limit
01-03-2007, 12:53 AM
That **** made a report last week that Dwyane Wade is out for the entire season with a broken wrist.. some Knicks fans made a topic about it on RealGM.

:sidelol: Oh man, this guy is terrible.

Someone fire this idiot. You all should stop listening to this guy's radio show. I don't. I listened to it once, then I thought I was better off listening to Sean Salisbury. :shakeno: He's THAT BAD.

Sad part is, there are 16 year olds on this board that knows more football than this guy does.

Coral Reefer
01-03-2007, 01:22 AM

Yeah, keep talking your BS Sidney.

Bottom line is that you got booted out of NY and once your boy sells off 790 you'll be trying to broadcast out of a trailer park with tinfoil antennas somewhere in the back woods of Arkansas.

Just a blow hard....... I know Sidney, I said "blow" but I meant it as a figure of speech not the powder.

I kid, I kid... again welcome to the site.

FinsNCanes
01-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Alright..

Let's kick his ***. Someone invite him to a game and we'll find out where he is tailgaiting (if he's actually a fan). I'll bring the jumper cables.

CharlestonPhan
01-03-2007, 01:56 AM
haven't ever heard the dude, but it sounds like he has figured out what Dan Lebatard figured out some time ago.

in their business, there is job security in controversy, and even if people hate you, so long as they are talking about you, its a good thing.

finserg
01-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Sid rocks!!!!!

nyjunc
01-03-2007, 09:34 AM
He's the 10:00 - 2:00 pm host on a Miami area sports talk show. He used to work with Imus In The Morning - WNBC New York. A total New York fan - Giants, Yankees, and Knicks.

I can only take listening to him for a while... but the other choice is Neil Rogers (no thanks). I usually to over to ESPN's Colin Cowher.

HE IS ANNOYING... I did like when Bernie Kosar would join him. He pissed OJ McDuffie off enough to quit the station - they started out together.

Will someone tell him that his Giants are as pathetic as our Dolphins? He is the biggest whiner on the radio, that's for sure...:shakeno:

he's a Met fan not a Yankee fan and it was WFAN not WNBC. Sid was botted off the air here b/c of his drug use. he's actually a very good guy when he's not on drugs but it got the best of him. hopefully he can continue to turn his life around down there and maybe he'll get another shot on the big stage in NY.

Porto Roc Puro
01-03-2007, 10:28 AM

Dude!!!!!! he was joking!!!!!!! There are some real gullible *** people out there!!! Once a report like that comes out....go to espn.com...go the the www.herald.com (http://www.herald.com) com and find out.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-03-2007, 01:35 PM
he's a Met fan not a Yankee fan and it was WFAN not WNBC. Sid was botted off the air here b/c of his drug use. he's actually a very good guy when he's not on drugs but it got the best of him. hopefully he can continue to turn his life around down there and maybe he'll get another shot on the big stage in NY.

For real, New York needs Sid back in some way, shape, or form. Sid tells it like he see's it. You might not agree but just because you disagree with him on his opinion and what team he roots for doesn't mean he's not one of the best on the airwaves. Stop hatin on Sid because he speaks negatively about the Dolphins. It's hard to speak well about a Running Back who was 23rd in the NFL in rushing yards and about a team that went 6-10 and hasn't made the playoffs for 5 years!

giants67
01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
He won't name them, because the idiot talks out of his ***. Instead of commenting about Nick Saban underutilizing Ronnie Brown to 15-18 carries per game [according to Saban's PC], or perhaps talking about how inconsistent our offensive line is, with all the injuries our offensive line suffered [Seth McKinney, Bennie Andreson, Jeno James, Jacox, etc], plus the inability of our guards to block effectively and go to the second level, or perhaps the HORRID playcalling from our most hated Mike Mullarkey.

All this, yet, Ronnie Brown still averaged 4.3 yards per carry, still rushed for 1000 yards despite missing games due to a freak occurance.

Had Ronnie Brown had a few more games with 25-30 carries, we're talking about a potential 107-129 yards per game with that 4.3 yards per carry average.

But no, let Sid Rosenberg talk about what he and EVERY OTHER football noob wants to beleive. "Saban is trash, Ronnie is a bust, Jason Allen is a bust, Derrick Pope shouldn't have won the Jason Taylor's Ping Pong tournament." :rolleyes2

Here are your 20 backs.....

Tiki Barber
Joe Addai
Lawrence Maroney
LT
Larry Johnson
Clinton Portis
Frank Gore
Willis McGahee
Fred Taylor
Maurice Jones Drew
Willie Parker
Steven Jackson
Reggie Bush
Deuce McCalister
Bryan Westbrook
Shaun Alexander
Julius Jones or Marion Barber
Chester Taylor

Here are some maybes....

Michael Turner (backup in San Diego)
Ladell Betts (backup in Washington)
Cadillac Williams

I think I've proven my point....it's not about the 4.3 yards per rush....it's the genuine LACK of big play ability...he's a NICE back, nothing more...if you had a profilic passer he'd be fine...but in an offense that is already inept throwing the ball he does NOT enhance your chances of winning...

But YOU know better my friend.....so just disregard my post and continue to be impressed with mediocrity!

Ray Finkle
01-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Man I guess people in FL really don't appreciate how good Sid is. I use listen to Sid for over 3 years on WFAN and loved the guy- eventhough I don't like any of the teams he roots for. He's got tons of personality, keeps the show fresh and interesting.

Everyone needs to stop drinking the homer-ade because I'm sure if Sid was saying how great the Dolphins are everyone would love him.

I really wish he was back on WFAN because I'd love to have him back to listen to him everyday (especially if he's with Joe B.). Hopefully someday he'll come back (nyjunc and FinsNYanksFan13 nailed it on the head with their comments about him).

FinsNCanes
01-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Here are your 20 backs.....

Tiki Barber
Joe Addai
Lawrence Maroney
LT
Larry Johnson
Clinton Portis
Frank Gore
Willis McGahee
Fred Taylor
Maurice Jones Drew
Willie Parker
Steven Jackson
Reggie Bush
Deuce McCalister
Bryan Westbrook
Shaun Alexander
Julius Jones or Marion Barber
Chester Taylor

Here are some maybes....

Michael Turner (backup in San Diego)
Ladell Betts (backup in Washington)
Cadillac Williams

I think I've proven my point....it's not about the 4.3 yards per rush....it's the genuine LACK of big play ability...he's a NICE back, nothing more...if you had a profilic passer he'd be fine...but in an offense that is already inept throwing the ball he does NOT enhance your chances of winning...

But YOU know better my friend.....so just disregard my post and continue to be impressed with mediocrity!

Wow..I'll give you 12..tops.

Cadillac especially made you lose all credibility. Thanks for agreeing with me that I know better, although I never mentioned that I did. I just wanted an answer. You wanna talk about mediocrity? How are you Giants doing this year? I mean..we all know it's a big feat to make it to the playoffs in the NFC these days. Oh, by the way..Ronnie does enhance our chances of winning. I believe there is a stat floating around here saying when he get's the ball a certain amount of times our record is fairly good. Keep at it...

FinsNCanes
01-03-2007, 07:43 PM
For real, New York needs Sid back in some way, shape, or form. Sid tells it like he see's it. You might not agree but just because you disagree with him on his opinion and what team he roots for doesn't mean he's not one of the best on the airwaves. Stop hatin on Sid because he speaks negatively about the Dolphins. It's hard to speak well about a Running Back who was 23rd in the NFL in rushing yards and about a team that went 6-10 and hasn't made the playoffs for 5 years!

Uh, if you want someone who just "tells it like he sees it" then give me my own show.

Celtkin
01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Guys...Sid has his opinions and we should appreciate the time he take to express them. Let's not get overly rude :)

Sid: We appreciate your input. If you want to contribute some cutting edge editorials for the site, we'd love it.

FinFaninMS
01-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe "Sid" can take a bit of a break from blowing his own horn (or having his NY lackeys blow it for him) and tell us-- why, if he's the greatest guy that's ever talked sports on the radio, his ratings are pathetic to say the least and why his direct competition on WQAM in the midday has an audience that's easily three or four times his own?

Ray Finkle
01-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Maybe "Sid" can take a bit of a break from blowing his own horn (or having his NY lackeys blow it for him) and tell us-- why, if he's the greatest guy that's ever talked sports on the radio, his ratings are pathetic to say the least and why his direct competition on WQAM in the midday has an audience that's easily three or four times his own?

I don't remember Sid or his "NY lackeys" (I guess I'm one of them even though I'm not even from NY or root for any NY teams except the Rangers) ever claiming that he was the greatest guy that's ever talked sports on the radio.

From my experiences listening to Sid, I always found him to be interesting and always entertained me and I looked followed to his show each day.

I personally just think people in FL don't like him because he bashes the Dolphins and the players. I think people will be singing a different tone if all he did was defend the team and say how great everyone is and how hard the team is trying.

Lloyd Heilbrunn
01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't think the problem is he bashes the Fins, but he spent his first several weeks on the air talking about the damn Giants his whole show.He got the same reaction as a NY talkshow host would have gotten if he spent weeks talking about the Fins. Now, all of a sudden,he loves the Fins,too, but is critical of the team a great deal.

I just don't think the bornagain Fin fan act passes the smell test......

FinsNYanksFan13
01-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think the problem is he bashes the Fins, but he spent his first several weeks on the air talking about the damn Giants his whole show.He got the same reaction as a NY talkshow host would have gotten if he spent weeks talking about the Fins. Now, all of a sudden,he loves the Fins,too, but is critical of the team a great deal.

I just don't think the bornagain Fin fan act passes the smell test......

Your exagerating dude, Sid has never spent as much time talking about the Giants as you make him out to. What you don't understand is that STARTED IN FLORIDA. You act like he came from NY and just started rambling about NY sports on Florida airwaves. Not true at all. It's real simple and even though this is cliche, it's still simple. You don't like Sid, don't listen. Turn on WQAM and ESPN Radio and listen to them. Or better yet call the station, get on air, and step to Sid about it. No need to whine about Sid who's just doing what he's paid for!

Phin-o-rama
01-04-2007, 04:19 PM
he's horrible....i listen to alot of talk radio and he is a disgrace...his voice is horrid and he is just annoying...i hate him...

if i wanted to hear his voice i'd fart

tucker
01-04-2007, 04:26 PM
he doesnt talk about the giants as much as you guys are implying

giants67
01-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey folks,

This is my last reply here. It is obvious, in fact painfully obvious, that a bunch of you wouldn't know good radio if it smacked you in the face. A lot of you in here feel that if you're not critical of your team you're a true fan. No. That just makes you stupid. I love the Giants and I am also VERY critical of the Giants as well. Nobody is tougher on Eli Manning than I am. It is also painfully obvious that a bunch of you remarking in here NEVER listen to my show. I spend a LOT more time talking Dolphins than Giants or any other team. In fact, I've now been on in 14 different cities discussing the Saban disaster. And the other moron know it all in here that talked about my relationship with OJ should know that we are VERY close to this day. In closing I really don't care (honestly) whether you like my voice, hate my show or think I'm the greatest host ever. Just be assured that on a daily basis I will bring you energy, opinion, as good a guest list anywhere in the country and a bunch of laughs. Good luck with the quest for a new coach (I want Fassel) and hopefully the draft (#9) works out well too. Happy New Year everybody.

tucker
01-04-2007, 04:57 PM
i like his show....

edit: i guess this is sid right above me? sup sid! hook me up with sin city! i hear she's a freak

Phin-o-rama
01-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey folks,

This is my last reply here. It is obvious, in fact painfully obvious, that a bunch of you wouldn't know good radio if it smacked you in the face. A lot of you in here feel that if you're not critical of your team you're a true fan. No. That just makes you stupid. I love the Giants and I am also VERY critical of the Giants as well. Nobody is tougher on Eli Manning than I am. It is also painfully obvious that a bunch of you remarking in here NEVER listen to my show. I spend a LOT more time talking Dolphins than Giants or any other team. In fact, I've now been on in 14 different cities discussing the Saban disaster. And the other moron know it all in here that talked about my relationship with OJ should know that we are VERY close to this day. In closing I really don't care (honestly) whether you like my voice, hate my show or think I'm the greatest host ever. Just be assured that on a daily basis I will bring you energy, opinion, as good a guest list anywhere in the country and a bunch of laughs. Good luck with the quest for a new coach (I want Fassel) and hopefully the draft (#9) works out well too. Happy New Year everybody.

find a new career imo

Lloyd Heilbrunn
01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey folks,

Hey,don't leave when it gets tough in here,who do you think you are, Nick Saban??:evil:

Like I said above, I'm fine with you being critical of the Fins,I just did not like the Giants thing( long interview with Tiki,IIRC, at a time in the season when the Fins should have priority in Miami,IMO). Now when the Fins are out of the playoffs and the Giants are in, they have more relevance.

I also don't get the hot girls on the radio thing,who cares since you can't see them, but maybe I'm just getting old.:boohoo:

We need the Fins to hire Coughlin,then you would have enough material to last until you retire........:sidelol:

Coral Reefer
01-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Hey folks,

This is my last reply here. It is obvious, in fact painfully obvious, that a bunch of you wouldn't know good radio if it smacked you in the face. .

I certainly do Sidney and that's why I listen to 560.

You don't hold a candle to one sports talk jock over there.

Big difference between quality talk radio and a windbag that verbally vomits over the airwaves.

I'd say good luck going back to NY but I doubt they let you back in.

tucker
01-05-2007, 11:05 AM
alot of immaturity is this thread..big deal he talks about the giants..who cares? get over it

FinFaninMS
01-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I certainly do Sidney and that's why I listen to 560.

You don't hold a candle to one sports talk jock over there.

Big difference between quality talk radio and a windbag that verbally vomits over the airwaves.

I'd say good luck going back to NY but I doubt they let you back in.
What, you don't think he's great?

But he's told us he's great, over and over again. :sidelol:

zach13
01-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Sid was right on Tom Coughlin staying at the Giants when all of the ESPN people had Coughlin getting fired.