PDA

View Full Version : The Value of Life

Celtkin
12-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Every day, people are getting killed, stabbed and shot for material objects. I know that people have been killing others for things that don't belong to them for longer than there has been a recorded history of such events but it no less alarming when things like his happens.

What stuck me is that these two articles were published on the front page of the Local6 (Orlando) website. This is the same town that had about 50k people in it when I was growing up and when Pine Hills was a brand new upscale community.

I miss my old Orlando...

Police: Woman Shot For Car Rims (http://www.local6.com/news/10629069/detail.html)

A woman sitting in a Pine Hills, Fla., apartment complex parking lot was shot and injured early Friday by bandits wanting her vehicle's fancy car rims, according to police.

Investigators said a woman had just dropped off her boyfriend at the Silver Pines apartments on Pine Chase Drive in Pine Hills when several men in a BMW pulled up to the vehicle.

A masked man apparently got out and tried to enter the vehicle. However, when the woman refused to cooperate, the man opened fire, shattering a car window.

Police: Teen Beaten With Bat For Nike Shoes (http://www.local6.com/news/10623984/detail.html)

A 16-year-old boy was beaten with a baseball bat and robbed of his sneakers on Wednesday night while walking on an Orlando street, according to police.

The victim told Orlando police that two vehicles, one red and one silver, pulled up to him at about 9:30 p.m. as he was walking on Bahia Avenue near Curry Ford Road. He said four people jumped out of each vehicle and apporached him.

The victim said the culprits demanded his money and sneakers, according to a police report. The victim said that he did not have any money, so the culprits began to punch and kick him. One person struck the victim in the head with a baseball bat, causing him to feel dizzy and incoherent, according to police.
Click here to find out more!

Police said that's when the culprits stole his shoes, a $50 pair of Nikes.

retired opfinistic
12-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Ugh! Sickening ****. Take my sneakers *******s and leave my head intact! I'd love to deliver some justice!

dolphan117
12-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Man, thats just sad.