PDA

View Full Version : 360 Madden 07 Superstar Issue

eckerdguy
12-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I think this is a pretty fun mode of game play but my biggest gripe is that it seems when you are down with 2 minutes or less in the 4th (or before halftime for that matter) there is no sense of hurry up at all. My QB will just let the clock run all the way down and the play clock to zero, anyone else notice this issue?

I am the running back and sometimes I have to call the timeouts because the QB seems to be extra special and not realize the clock is ticking away. Also I notice if I press A during these situations he will snap the ball but never throw it just run to the sideline and stand like he is trying to find an open receiver.

I think it is a great mode and a step up from previous madden superstar modes but still needs some intelligence work.

tory
01-01-2007, 10:33 AM
yeah. there are tons of bugs. i like it though... it's getting better and better every year. i noticed after one patch, if i tried to load the online roster, and then create a superstar account w/the updated rosters it would freeze up on me at the info page. (where you input your name number height weight college etc) after the next patch the problem was solved but, there are several little quirks in the superstar mode others have already mentioned here. i'm just looking forward to what next years superstar mode will be like.

brandon27
01-01-2007, 02:53 PM
yeah, i've noticed alot of things similar that annoy me to no end with the SS mode. my biggest complaint too is the camera angle. at least give us the option to change it.

Slappy8800
01-01-2007, 03:07 PM
the entire game sucks

Bruzer
01-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Camera mode doesn't bother me for offense the defense I don't like but I am fine with offense.

Agent51
01-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Camera mode doesn't bother me for offense the defense I don't like but I am fine with offense.

The camera mode only sucks on offense as a WR/TE or when you are a RB and go out for a pass. On defense it pretty muc ALWAYS sucks because as soon as the play gets by you you are basically screwed and running blind. If you hit the button to "follow the ball" then you end up running off course while the camera spins, and that's if you can even get it to spin in the first place.

I LIKE the idea of only focusing on your guy in SS mode, it's MUCH more interesting that last years where it just felt like a franchise mode that you had no control over. However, as far as the camera goes, I think it should be lock in the position it is (a little behind and above your player's head) for ALL positions, and whatever way you turn and face the camera does too. It makes WAY more sense that way, since they are basically trying to make it like you ARE the player (sans in-the-helmet view) so they should make the camera mimmick the view from your players eyes, so if I turn and look up field, the camera follows my vision instead of me now seeing the front of my guy running blind towards the camera. If I'm a RB and I run toward the sideline, the sideline should now be in front of me, not off to the left or right.

Agent51
01-02-2007, 01:52 PM
On a side-note, has anyone else created a SS in Superstar or even just a regular mode and noticed that his stats don't log? I have a Strong Safety in SS mode and I have gotten a few forced fumbles and fumble recoveries and INTs yet when I go into the stats to check em, it always says zero. I also created a SS in my franchise and the same thing happened. I forced 2 fumbles in a game, along with recovering one FOR A TD, and had an INT and 11 tackles with that guy. Well, in the stats screen in the game it showed all of that, but in the stats screen back in the franchise menu the only thing that changed was 11 tackles were added. It still said 0 in the FF, fumbles recovered, INTs, and DEF TD categories, in both the season and career stats :fire:. I have found it IMPOSSIBLE to make the pro bowl with that guy, either in SS mode or franchise, since none of the "flashy" stats log, the only ones that log are passes defended and tackles/tackles for loss (I've never gotten a sack with him so IDK about that one).

It should be noted that NON-created SSs have all their stats log properly and created FSs have their stats logged too, so it seems like ONLY created SSs suffer from this problem.

Also, going with that, created SS/FSs can "cheat" at the training drills. Pick to train them, choose bench press and all-madden then go in and just do one rep and then quite the drill, you still get all 7 points that you would have if you completed the drill and broke the all-madden score. This works with both created FSs and SSs. It DOESN'T work with created QBs, and I've never tried it with any other players, created or not.