PDA

View Full Version : SIXAXIS Question For PS3 Owners

Agent51
12-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Do you HAVE to use the tilt/motion controls for games or can it be turned on/off (like QB vision cone in Madden)? I think it would be cool to use for some games, like flight games to climb/dive/turn or motorcycle games to shift weight and turn, but at the same time I DON'T wanna use it for "big hits" in hockey or football games, so I'm hoping it is an option you can toggle and you aren't FORCED to use it.

Scatman
12-29-2006, 02:36 PM
depends on game...like in motor storm you can choose in resistance you need it to shake the aliens off you when they grab you.

FinsNCanes
12-29-2006, 05:02 PM
I'll be honest with you..I don't know if I'm using it or not. I don't know how to turn it on/off.

Blade
12-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Depends on the game.

In Tiger Woods golf, it can de turned off.

In Madden, it is always on. But the moves u can do with the motion, you can also do with hittin the buttons.

In Call of Duty it is always on. But only used to shake guys off of you at close range.

I expect the newer games comin out to use the motion more then the launch games.

COMEBACKRICKY
12-30-2006, 12:56 AM
yeah i just got one and i havent even used it yet. i think becasue the motion thing was release relatively late and the develpers dindt have time to implement it more. it has potential, and im sure in the future games will use it more. lets hope its for a good cause!

FinsNCanes
12-30-2006, 02:48 AM
I really don't understand it.

So if Madden if I tilt my controller to the right they're going to move right? I'm confused.

Scatman
12-30-2006, 03:55 AM

So if Madden if I tilt my controller to the right they're going to move right? I'm confused.

thats life

FinsNCanes
12-30-2006, 04:21 AM
thats life

:confused:

Ok....

Blade
12-30-2006, 06:19 PM

I know if u tilt the controller forward, the defensive player will try to jump the snap. Other then that i dont know the moves yet.

FinsNCanes
12-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Maybe this is why I have issues with Madden. And there is no way to turn it off? I move my controller alot when playing.

bg34
12-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I think you can turn the sensitivity down, which would basically make it not work. I haven't ran into any problems yet with it.

Scatman
12-30-2006, 10:09 PM
:confused:

Ok....

lol jk man

wasup with that asian woman no your avatar......she always smiles at me....like if she wants some....hmmmmmm

just remember what my dady always told me....if an asian woman smiles at you she wants to be spanked and carred notty thengs

FinsNCanes
12-30-2006, 10:53 PM
lol jk man

wasup with that asian woman no your avatar......she always smiles at me....like if she wants some....hmmmmmm

just remember what my dady always told me....if an asian woman smiles at you she wants to be spanked and carred notty thengs

I think she's saying "Do me" in Japanese.

Dolfan5000
12-31-2006, 12:22 AM
Anyway, I do know that in pre snap if you tilt the controller foward really fast, almost jerk it, you fake the snap. I'd also assume that it's used when you throw a pass in precision passing (after the throw you tilt in whichever direction best and the ball goes there).

Agent51
12-31-2006, 12:53 PM

It almost looks like she's swallowing something........

Back to the subject :lol:, As far as using it in Resistance and CoD to shake guys off, that's cool, it's better than mashing a button, as you normally kind of shake the controller around when stuff like that happens anyway (see; berserker drug addicts in Condemned: Criminal Origins, lol), but in Madden, that's the kind of stuff that worries me, using it for jukes or big hits and stuff. What if you are running to tackle the guy and you move the controller, you will end up throwing the big hit too early or something? It's cool that you can use the buttons to do ti too, so you don't HAVE to tilt, but if it's always on then does it do a juke or big hit attempt when you don't want it too, or do you have to tilt with a certain force in order to do it so it prevents accidental activations?