PDA

View Full Version : UFC 66 hours away

MikeO
12-30-2006, 08:25 PM
One of the best cards TOP to BOTTOM in UFC history.

3 things I want to see...........

1) Michael Bisbing lose!!

2) Forrest Griffin win easily and then send out an open challenge to the winner of Tito/Lidell

3) To see Tito lose then announce his retierment (this is being rumored about in some circles if Tito were to lose).

Expect to have at least 1 maybe 2 major announcements tonight. 1) Co Crop to UFC. 2) UFC's new HBO deal in 2007 putting 4 shows on HBO next year as a test run for future business

FIN-IN-RI
12-30-2006, 09:13 PM
is it PPV?

MikeO
12-30-2006, 09:16 PM
is it PPV?

Hell yeah. It's gonna be the biggest PPV of the year of all PPV's (Boxing, Wrestling, UFC). It's gonna be the biggest PPV in the history of UFC and in the history of the Sport of MMA.

It's gonna break every record out there. This is "THE SHOW" of all shows when it comes to MMA up until this point in time!!

Amars
12-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Last time I order PPV for Liddell vs. Tito it was a disappointment. Tito took one punch from Liddell and went down. :shakeno:

I was disappointed for the local boy. Not sure If I want to order it again but Im tempted.

FIN-IN-RI
12-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Hell yeah. It's gonna be the biggest PPV of the year of all PPV's (Boxing, Wrestling, UFC). It's gonna be the biggest PPV in the history of UFC and in the history of the Sport of MMA.

It's gonna break every record out there. This is "THE SHOW" of all shows when it comes to MMA up until this point in time!!

sounds tight

MikeO
12-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Last time I order PPV for Liddell vs. Tito it was a disappointment. Tito took one punch from Liddell and went down. :shakeno:

That fight did go 2 rounds and Tito did handle Chuck for most of round 1. Late round 1 Chuck took control then round 2 was all Chuck till it ended

cmax13
12-30-2006, 09:37 PM
if i were home i'd be ordering, but being out of the country currently, i will have to check the replays. but at least i won't hear the results accidentally on the sports page, like with the more mainstream sports.

lidell kicks a**, i'm sure tito's going down again.

cro cop to the ufc, that's great news. i heard pride was in trouble financially. i'd like to see moreof their dudes in the ufc. i'd welcome a merger as would ufc i'm sure.

can't wait for the hbo fights this year if it's true, that's more great news. i guess after the 60 minutes report, things are really taking off. i've been a fan for 4 years now, since i got directv.

this sport is way better than boxing, pka, k-1 (although the multiple fights in one night is interesting), and any other fight sport. they need to go hi-def though.

ufc rocks!!

NewEra8
12-30-2006, 09:43 PM
only 40 bucks.... we're watchin the tech game till then

MikeO
12-30-2006, 09:55 PM
You never know what these guys do in training and if they take a fight lightly or whatever. But if you go on the past fights, CHUCK should win easily.

Tito beat up on Ken Shamrock who was a statue twice this year and was lucky to beat Forrest Griffin in a fight many think he lost. So, as long as Chuck is Chuck and hasn't mailed it in during the training he should win. Probably in round 2 or 3

NewEra8
12-30-2006, 10:27 PM
All I knows is.... they both wanna kill each other... and the other fights should be pretty damn good too

icephinfan
12-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Go TITO rep the hometown. :yes: Huntington Beach:cooldude:

NewEra8
12-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Go TITO rep the hometown. :yes: Huntington Beach:cooldude:

....who is this guy

icephinfan
12-30-2006, 10:53 PM
....who is this guy

TITO ORTIZ????

NewEra8
12-30-2006, 10:55 PM
TITO ORTIZ????

lol actually I was refering to you ice (jus ****in around), but I think its either gonna be liddell in the first 2 or tito after that (obviously)

icephinfan
12-30-2006, 10:58 PM
lol actually I was refering to you ice (jus ****in around), but I think its either gonna be liddell in the first 2 or tito after that (obviously)

Oh okay.:lol:

I think this time, Tito gets revenge setting up Ortiz and Liddell 3.

NewEra8
12-30-2006, 11:05 PM
opening fight.... newera8 vs icephinfan... its on

icephinfan
12-30-2006, 11:10 PM
opening fight.... newera8 vs icephinfan... its on

:yes:

:lol:

icephinfan
12-31-2006, 01:09 AM
Liddell vs. Ortiz is next. :eek:

ckb2001
12-31-2006, 01:14 AM
You guys heard that Couture was going to come out of retirement if Ortiz won? That was one piece of domination by Couture. Well, I hope Liddell wins.

icephinfan
12-31-2006, 01:35 AM
Ortiz lost.

Muck
12-31-2006, 01:36 AM
What happened??

MikeO
12-31-2006, 01:37 AM
What happened??

Chuck won in the 3rd round. Ref stoppage.

Ref should have stopped it in round 1, but Tito got lucky!! It was over then. Round 2 nothing happened. Tito won though. Round 3 Chuck got him and it was all over!

LightsOut
12-31-2006, 01:38 AM
Rampage will kick Chuck's *** again!

MikeO
12-31-2006, 01:39 AM
In February all UFC PPV's will be in HD

Rampage Jackson on Feb PPV
Cro Cop on Feb PPV

icephinfan
12-31-2006, 01:39 AM
Chuck won in the 3rd round. Ref stoppage.

Ref should have stopped it in round 1, but Tito got lucky!! It was over then. Round 2 nothing happened. Tito won though. Round 3 Chuck got him and it was all over!

Yeah, Tito said he thinks he broke his foot.

Muck
12-31-2006, 01:40 AM
Yeah I read in a blog that Tito was bleeding badly above the eye in Round 1.

MikeO
12-31-2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah I read in a blog that Tito was bleeding badly above the eye in Round 1.

On his back, Chuck just tee'ing off on him. Any other fight would have been stopped. Main Event of a big hyped match though, the ref let them keep going. Should have been stopped there.

Round 2 both guys danced. Nothing took place.

Round 3 each exchanged blows, then Chuck got Tito and just teee'd off again until the ref HAD to step in!!

ckb2001
12-31-2006, 01:41 AM
Rampage will kick Chuck's *** again!

Nah, this time I'd bet on Liddell. Liddell today is much better than the Liddell back then, and he fought Rampage at a bad time the first time around.

MikeO
12-31-2006, 01:42 AM
Overall a great main event.

Everything else on the PPV sucked!!!

icephinfan
12-31-2006, 01:42 AM
This is from the insider:

1) Whole place chanting for Tito, then Chuck. Louder for Chuck. Trading, Tito got the better of the trade. Tito failed a takedown, mental edge. Chuck. Tito punched and kicked wildly, missing bad. Tito threw a punch to the shoulder. Chuck returned fire. Tito moved him back with a punch. Tito connected with low kick.. Tito with body kick. Titoi is not backing away. Throwing a lot of kicks. Chuck unloaded, Tito standing there. Tito cut over the left eye. Chuck connecting with more. Tito down. He's toast. Somehow he suriveed, but he's covered in blood. Mario let it go, should have been stopped. Can Tito last 25 more seconds? Left jab by Chuck rocked Tito. Tito survived the round. Place going nuts.
10-8 round for Chuck, maybe 10-7.

2) Tito tried takedown, Chuck stuffed him. Chuck with right cross. Tito threw a few punches. Chuck caught him with a jab. Both tiring. Tito missing bad with punch. Great bodykick by Tito. Tito tried takedown, no dice, Chuck made him pay with a punch. Loud Tito chant. Tito scored with a big right. Tito whiffed on a high kick. Tito connected again. Tito got his back after a takedow. Chuck is back up though. Tito with a knee. Chuck with a hard shot off the break. Place will go nuts when this round ends. Bravo gave round to Tito. Place booed like crazy. I'd give it to Chuck.

3) Tito tried takedown. Chuck stuffed him and made him pay again. Chuck with low kick. Chuck controlling the ring. Good body shot by Chuck. Another good body shot. Overhand right by Chuck. Chuck nailed Tito in the head when he went for a takedown. Ground and pound time coming. Chuck is letting him up. Tito bleeding again a few cuts over the left eye. This match has lived up to the hype. Chuck rocked him with punches. Tito knows he's in trouble now. Trading and Tito's down again. More ground and pound. Tito knew before the exchange he was done. This time it's over as Yamasaki stopped it.

MikeO
12-31-2006, 01:48 AM
Other notes: Forrest Griffin has lost all of my respect. F'n punk. First he crys like a girl after losing then he storms off the interview and drops the F' bomb. Win with class, lose with class. He got beat fair and square nut up and be a man about it.

Big John has become so "popular" as a ref he only worked 1 match on the PPV. Not good. The ref should never be bigger or more popular than any worker.

Ya get little in the way of atmosphere at the MGM Grand. It's just too big. Run only at Mandely Bay. I know they wanted to sell as many tix as possible for this big main event, but it comes off poorly on TV.

Randy has to stay away from the beer before he starts commentating mid-way through the show. Dude was about 1 or 2 beers away from being totally wasted!

Motion
12-31-2006, 02:00 AM
Fight stopped to soon IMO. Tito was covering himself well. Obvious he was hurting but he was in the process of kicking out right as the ref stopped it. I thought Chuck looked very beatable tonight. Can't wait to see the rematch with Rampage.

Good to see Arlovski back in action.

Forrest is pathetic.

MikeO
12-31-2006, 02:02 AM
Fight stopped to soon IMO. Tito was covering himself well. Obvious he was hurting but he was in the process of kicking out right as the ref stopped it. I thought Chuck looked very beatable tonight. Can't wait to see the rematch with Rampage.

Good to see Arlovski back in action.

Forrest is pathetic.

Tito was done. Should have ended in Round 1.

Forrest has a long way to go to get another big match on PPV with those antics. I don't think we will see him for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time!!

icephinfan
12-31-2006, 02:03 AM
From the insider:

Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine is next. Griffin looks in the best shape I've seen him in. Of course he got the rock star reaction when he came out.

1) Jardine connected with a good punch. All stand-up. Trading leg kicks. Both swinging. Nobody getting a clear advantage yet. Jardine started to get an edge. God leg kicks by Jardine. Jardine really rocking him with punches, particularly a left hook. A flurry put Griffin down. Jardine with nine solid shots on the ground and ref John McCarthy had to stop it. Huge win for Jardine.

Motion
12-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Tito was done. Should have ended in Round 1. I agree that he was on the ropes but I don't think he was done. He blocked 95% of those punches while he was down, regardless Chuck is indeed still the man. Hopefully someone will step up to the plate.

Forrest has a long way to go to get another big match on PPV with those antics. I don't think we will see him for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time!!

Couldn't agree more.

Nappy Roots
12-31-2006, 02:06 AM
i never liked Griffin and didnt think he stood a chance from the beginning.

wat a *****.

icephinfan
12-31-2006, 02:08 AM
Leben gets beat as well

Chris Leben vs. Jason MacDonald is up next. They switched the order because of the two quick matches.

1) Leben has a dyed red mohawk haircut. MacDonald threw a kick and Leben took him down. Leben threw a few wild punches on the ground. Leben is being too agrressive. MacDonald backed him into the cage. MacDonald tried a takedown. Leben grabbed the cage to block it. Then got rewarded for it as the ref separated them. MacDonald backed him into the cage again. Leben connected with a punch befoer MacDonald backed him into the cage. Leben scoring with punches. Leben with elbows and a knee and MacDonald throwing back. MacDonald tring and failing to get a takedown. Leben with a Misawa forearm at the end of the ground. Andre Agassi & Seffi Graf are there. Gigantic reaction to them. Leben's round, by the way.

2) Leben is on top on the ground. MacDoald reversed. Trading. MacDonald again bulled him into the cage but can't get Leben down. Ref separated them. Small Leben chant. MacDonald rocked him with a punch and finally got the takedown. MacDonald with body blows. Guillotine by MacDonald in really tight. Leben refused to tap and went out and the ref had to stop it.

MacDonald called himself the TUF killer with wins over Ed Herman and Leben. Some fans booed Leben during his interview and he ripped on them. Other fans tried to drown out the boos with cheers.

MikeO
12-31-2006, 02:11 AM
myself as a UFC fan the past year has been great

Saw 2 arrogant pricks (Hughes and Franklin) get beat up badly and LOSE their titles

Then I see Tito climb his way back up the mountain only to get BEAT DOWN by Chuck once again.

Im lovin UFC right now

LightsOut
12-31-2006, 02:13 AM
*gets ready for shockwave to start*

Motion
12-31-2006, 02:35 AM
*gets ready for shockwave to start*

Whats the card look like for that?

LightsOut
12-31-2006, 02:43 AM
Whats the card look like for that?

- PRIDE Heavyweight Title Bout: Emelianenko Fedor vs. Mark Hunt
- Lightweight Non-Title Bout: Takanori Gomi vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
- Joachim Hansen vs. Shinya Aoki
- Kiyoshi Tamura vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
- Josh Barnett vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- Akihiro Gono vs. Yuki Kondo
- Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Eldar Kurtandze
- Hidehiko Yoshida vs. James Thompson

MikeO
12-31-2006, 10:58 AM
a PRIDE PPV on new years eve ..........probably not the most well thought out thing in the world.

Anyone with a life will be out havin fun not spending $$$ on a PPV in front of a TV

LightsOut
12-31-2006, 11:05 AM
shockwave = best event of the year.

fedor vs hunt. hunt almost made him tap!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N3FRJ6UK