PDA

View Full Version : Motorstorm!

Dolfan5000
12-31-2006, 03:06 AM
Who's excited for the American release?
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/motorstormps33-1.jpg
This game looks amazing and plays even better!
Over 150 vehicles from sandrails, ATVs, dirtbikes, racecars, monster trucks, semi's and more!
Supposedly over 70 different tracks too!

If you haven't downloaded the demo or played it in stores yet, DO IT!

COMEBACKRICKY
12-31-2006, 03:08 AM
yeah but i think it might get a little old after a while.. is it going to carry the $60 price tag? i dont know why, but i just think that its not a full game. it doesnt seem like it would be that deep. and for that much money i pick only the very worthwhile games

Dolfan5000
12-31-2006, 03:12 AM
yeah but i think it might get a little old after a while.. is it going to carry the $60 price tag? i dont know why, but i just think that its not a full game. it doesnt seem like it would be that deep. and for that much money i pick only the very worthwhile games
I believe it will be, especially with online capabilties.

Just like any other racing game you can be immursed into the getting the new cars and tracks idea. The fun factor in this game is ridicuolus, especially multiplayer.

Agent51
12-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Played it in EB yesterday, it was the first time I had played the PS3, or even seen it in person actually. Well, that's not entirely true, Walmart has one in a display case, but it's not hooked up to a TV or anything, it just sits there, lol.

Anyway, the very first thing I wanted to do was pick up the controller and feel just how light it really was, since tons of people are talking about it. Let me tell you, this thing is unbelievably light. If you couldn't see and feel the plastic in your hands you wouldn't think you were holding anything, it's THAT light. But man, I LOVED the familiar and comfortable feel of the classic PS/PS2 controller. I haven't picked one up since I got my 360 like 8 months ago, the only thing I've used my PS2 for is Guitar Heros 1 and 2, I forgot how great the controller feels, and I like the new triggers for R2 and L2.

As far as Motorstorm, it definately looked great, and felt pretty good too. The only conern I have is that it might get repetative. I haven't read any previews on the game, aside from the real-time damage and track condition stuff, so I don't know if it has a career mode or anything like that, but if it doesn't and you just do a race, finish, and do another with no reward system or story, then I see it getting really old really quick as there would be no sense of accomplishment and thus no point to racing.

Phin-o-rama
12-31-2006, 01:58 PM
motostorm demo is pretty sweet....controller is way too light imo...and no rumble sucks as well (imo)

TheAnswer385
12-31-2006, 04:07 PM
thats a ps3 exclusive right?

Phin-o-rama
12-31-2006, 04:36 PM
ya, the full game won't be out for a long time

Dolfan5000
12-31-2006, 05:49 PM
ya, the full game won't be out for a long time
No, the release is set for Feb-Mar 07, lol.