PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS

unifiedtheory
12-31-2006, 03:37 AM
Hey guys, I'm not a usual poster in these parts of the site but I have a question for the gamers.

I'm what you would call a part time gamer...LOL! I play a lot of PC games and Madden on PS2 but besides that I'm don't game a lot.

I bought my g/f a DS for Christmas (she is totally addicted to the thing) and I've played Mario Bros. on it a few times and it is pretty cool.

My question is, what are some really cool games for the thing? I've seen they have Tiger Woods '07 for it and it interested me. Has anyone played it?

I know it's a pretty broad question considering everyone has their own taste in games but I want to use the damn thing to...LOL!

houtz
01-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Same thing happened here man. She got a DS for Christmas with Mario Bros. and she hasn't taken her hands off of it. I've played it a little and it makes me almost want one.

As far as I know the better games for the system are Final Fantasy 3 , Castlevania and any other Mario game out for the system. I also know they got a Zelda game coming out in June.

The big problem with a DS is how they are sold out everywhere. I've been looking everywhere for one of those and a Wii and I've been told Nintendo sold out of all of them and is working on making more. They said they'd have more in Mid January.

Hope this helps out a little.

tory
01-01-2007, 10:29 AM
i dont own one, but my friends that have it love the nintendogs games, starfox command, tetris if you have the wifi and other friends who have the ds for multi play, and trauma center: under the knife. theres a few to get ya goin. go to www.ebgames.com and look those games up, read some more details about the games and some other gamers reviews, and see if they are for you.

unifiedtheory
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys!

TrueDolFan
01-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Mario Kart DS
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Mario And Luigi: Partners In Time
Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow

Thunderbolt89
01-03-2007, 02:39 AM
I have a DS and one of my favorite games for it is Super Mario 64 DS.

lazareth
01-03-2007, 02:51 AM
i...ahem, SANTA...got my little boy one this Xmas...he is absolutely nuts over Bionicle HEROES and the LEGO Star Wars games...probably not the type of games you are looking for though :lol:

PhinsPhan
01-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Had a DS for a long time and proud owner.

Best game: Mario Kart DS (she should like it too, and great multiplayer)

Interesting games: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorny and Trauma Center: Knife in the ER
Both are very unique and quite good, my gf likes both.

Great Game that she may not like: Castlevania

Strategy games: Advanced Wars DS (one of the best games regardless of systems if you like turn based strategy) and Ages of Empires (I like it better because of the historical aspect but almost in every way Advanced Wars is better)

Puzzle games: Tetris (great online fun), and Meteos (great puzzle game with no online)

Kid/Girl/Interesting Game: Nintendogs (I bought it, pretty much a mistake, if you aren't into tamaguchi you won't be into this)

Other notables: Super Mario 64 DS, Kirby (one of the first unique uses of the stylus and she may like it), Elite Beat Agents.

unifiedtheory
01-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Damn....I'm gonna be spending a ton on games I think...

This thread is great...LOL!

finfan01
01-05-2007, 12:23 AM
This reminds me of the video where The Mor ran over his DS because it was quote "Pissing him off":lol:

unifiedtheory
01-05-2007, 04:22 AM
This reminds me of the video where The Mor ran over his DS because it was quote "Pissing him off":lol::sidelol:

COMEBACKRICKY
01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
lol im suprised nobody has mentioned brain age. my freind let me play it and ive been wanting a ds ever since. its a really cool game and it really helps your brain function better. You could almost feel the extra work your brain is putting into playing that game. i definatly suggest that game for the entire family.