PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, I hope Nick Saban stays in Miami...

B-LO, BABY
12-31-2006, 12:02 PM
because Buffalo owns his ass.

Discuss...

Type-O
12-31-2006, 12:37 PM
well,i certainly like the direction he is taking. Passing on Brees was brilliant! Doesn't really matter though,the Jets own their ***** regarless of whos coach.

Capt. Dick
12-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Nah, ya`ll just rented him for a couple o` years till he got his NFL bearings. Next year he`ll be movin` on up to the East side.

Kinzua
12-31-2006, 01:41 PM
well,i certainly like the direction he is taking. Passing on Brees was brilliant! Doesn't really matter though,the Jets own their ***** regarless of whos coach.

Not only did he pass on Brees, he gave up a second rounder for one-legged Daunte and a fifth or sixth rounder for useless Joey!!! :sidelol:

Heck, Gus Ferret could have led the Carp to 6-10 ... actually, with Gus, the Carp might actually be like 8-8! :sidelol:

Maybe, Nick the Great can lure Fi-Fi-Fiedler back to Miami when Daunte proves he's done ... that's if Nick the Great actually sticks around. :sidelol:

GoBills24
12-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Not only did he pass on Brees, he gave up a second rounder for one-legged Daunte and a fifth or sixth rounder for useless Joey!!! :sidelol:

Heck, Gus Ferret could have led the Carp to 6-10 ... actually, with Gus, the Carp might actually be like 8-8! :sidelol:

Maybe, Nick the Great can lure Fi-Fi-Fiedler back to Miami when Daunte proves he's done ... that's if Nick the Great actually sticks around. :sidelol:

I'll get it out now.

"Haha, you guys are going to LA! :sidelol:"

Continue.

54Fins
12-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Keep talking children.Like usual you'll both be back here next year yapping at us loyal Finfan's without a ring. Lost little boys with no place to go.:lol:

Kinzua
12-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Keep talking children.Like usual you'll both be back here next year yapping at us loyal Finfan's without a ring. Lost little boys with no place to go.:lol:

Care to name a current Dolphin who earned a ring while with the Dolphins? :sidelol:

Kinzua
12-31-2006, 10:55 PM
I'll get it out now.

"Haha, you guys are going to LA! :sidelol:"

Continue.

Or the other "Old Faithful" -- "Haha, you guys don't have a Lombardi or a ring!"

like2god
12-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Or the other "Old Faithful" -- "Haha, you guys don't have a Lombardi or a ring!"
All of those arguments work well, thanks for saving us the typing time. :lol:

Brown42000
01-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Bills fans have a lot of junk especially considering they are not going to the playoffs this year either and Dick Jauron will wear on the Bills and have them tank just like what he did to the Bears.

GoBills24
01-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Bills fans have a lot of junk especially considering they are not going to the playoffs this year either and Dick Jauron will wear on the Bills and have them tank just like what he did to the Bears.

Yeah, that Coach of the Year award really dragged down his reputation.

DolfanTom
01-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Care to name a current Dolphin who earned a ring while with the Dolphins? :sidelol:Kinz, you can usually do better than this, right?

Like any Bills player has earned a ring .... ever (I'm not talking AFL days, BTW).

What the deuce w/ this smack??

I believe the post you replied too sayd the Bills and Jet fans are "ringless" just like us (the past 33 years at least) - putting us all in the same boat.

DolfanTom
01-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Folks, Saban has F-ed up for sure on a few decisions, no getting around that. But there's a reason the overwhelming majority of us want him back for a third season, when there were "Fire Dave Wanstache" websites popping up for our previous coach.

Next year is critical for sure, starting w/ FA and the draft, and the rehab on 'Pepper's knee. But most of us feel the dude can coach and - perhaps - with a break or two at the QB position next season, things may go our way.

Be careful what you wish for is all I'm saying!

muscle979
01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Folks, Saban has F-ed up for sure on a few decisions, no getting around that. But there's a reason the overwhelming majority of us want him back for a third season, when there were "Fire Dave Wanstache" websites popping up for our previous coach.

Next year is critical for sure, starting w/ FA and the draft, and the rehab on 'Pepper's knee. But most of us feel the dude can coach and - perhaps - with a break or two at the QB position next season, things may go our way.

Be careful what you wish for is all I'm saying!

A break at the QB position is the only reason everybody thinks Mangina is a genius. You'll never hear a Jets fan admit that though.

finfan01
01-01-2007, 10:16 PM
As Saban's last interview with the media.......he said some things that made things sound like he is going to stay in Miami....

Like, "We plan to work ahead to become an elite team in the NFL...Every elite team has a play making quarterback, an explosive runner, and a breakout wide receiver."

you all can watch the press conference on miamidolphins.com

GoBills24
01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
As Saban's last interview with the media.......he said some things that made things sound like he is going to stay in Miami....

Like, "We plan to work ahead to become an elite team in the NFL...Every elite team has a play making quarterback, an explosive runner, and a breakout wide receiver."

you all can watch the press conference on miamidolphins.com

They've got 2.5/3 in those categories.

Type-O
01-01-2007, 11:51 PM
A break at the QB position is the only reason everybody thinks Mangina is a genius. You'll never hear a Jets fan admit that though.
It's a little more than that. How about the fact that we had no running game and still got it done. Or how we gave up the 2nd lowest amount of points in the league for the 2nd half of the season,when our defense was horrible to start the year?

icephinfan
01-02-2007, 06:23 AM

And how many do you have????

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 10:43 AM
It's a little more than that. How about the fact that we had no running game and still got it done. Or how we gave up the 2nd lowest amount of points in the league for the 2nd half of the season,when our defense was horrible to start the year?
True, your D did get decidedly better out of nowhere. I'm sure Mangini had a lot to do w/ it, given his background.

Still, w/out Chad, what are you? What would the season have been like if Chad went down for the year in week 4? Pat Ramsey?? :lol::lol: or a rookie :sidelol::sidelol:

Good for you, though. You certainly have some real success to build on in the coming years. :fire:

muscle979
01-02-2007, 11:36 AM

It's all about the QB, Chad's a smart player and when he's hot the Jets are so much better. When he's not playing well they are downright horrible. And yes some teams can compensate for poor QB play. Look at the Bears. The Jets live and die by their QB b/c of the fact that they don't have a running game or a defense that scares anybody. Your defense was better in the 2nd half b/c they had the easiest schedule in the league.

muscle979
01-02-2007, 11:41 AM
True, your D did get decidedly better out of nowhere. I'm sure Mangini had a lot to do w/ it, given his background.

Still, w/out Chad, what are you? What would the season have been like if Chad went down for the year in week 4? Pat Ramsey?? :lol::lol: or a rookie :sidelol::sidelol:

Good for you, though. You certainly have some real success to build on in the coming years. :fire:

I think the easiest schedule in football also had something to do with it. If Chad goes down in week 4 the Jets would have won 7 games at best this season. He is THE reason they are going to the playoffs. He's got a weak arm but makes up for it with smarts and good leadership. I'll give credit to Mangini but another torn rotator cuff and he wouldn't be looking any better than your average NFL coach.

Kinzua
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I think the easiest schedule in football also had something to do with it. If Chad goes down in week 4 the Jets would have won 7 games at best this season. He is THE reason they are going to the playoffs. He's got a weak arm but makes up for it with smarts and good leadership. I'll give credit to Mangini but another torn rotator cuff and he wouldn't be looking any better than your average NFL coach.

What sour grapes! Chad doesn't play D, does he?

What if the Mighty Nickanator keeps Ferret and passes on Culpepper? Miami's D played strong all year, but the O let them down again and again. In fact, Miami won most games despite the crappy QB play! I have little doubt that the Carp win at least 2 more games, maybe 3 with Ferret at the helm.

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 11:50 AM

What if the Mighty Nickanator keeps Ferret and passes on Culpepper? Miami's D played strong all year, but the O let them down again and again. In fact, Miami won most games despite the crappy QB play! I have little doubt that the Carp win at least 2 more games, maybe 3.Frerotte was Frustrating at times From my Freaking perspective.

That said, at least he would have been able to throw long ...

Still, Kinz, imagine the Jets w/out Chad after week 4. I think 7 wins at most is accurate, despite the D playing better. If you think about the Jets style off offense, these dink and dunk passes are like having a solid running game. Eats clock, keeps your defense off the field, etc. Put Pat Ramsey in his place ... sunk in yet? Exactly!

retired opfinistic
01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
because Buffalo owns his ass.

Discuss...
If he stays you'll be eating those words.........eventually!:lol:

muscle979
01-02-2007, 12:56 PM

What if the Mighty Nickanator keeps Ferret and passes on Culpepper? Miami's D played strong all year, but the O let them down again and again. In fact, Miami won most games despite the crappy QB play! I have little doubt that the Carp win at least 2 more games, maybe 3 with Ferret at the helm.

Thanks for helping to prove my point that an above average QB can lift a team up to a better record.

You better believe it's sour grapes. I'm sick and damn tired of watching other team's QBs defy the odds and watching everybody Miami brings in crap out year after year.

retired opfinistic
01-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks for helping to prove my point that an above average QB can lift a team up to a better record.

You better believe it's sour grapes. I'm sick and damn tired of watching other team's QBs defy the odds and watching everybody Miami brings in crap out year after year.
Or you could have said:

I'm sick and damn tired of watching other team's QBs defy the odds and watching the crap Miami brings in year after year.

TotoreMexico
01-02-2007, 10:24 PM
And how many do you have????

Uuups...

LABillzFan
01-02-2007, 11:33 PM

Good for you, though. You certainly have some real success to build on in the coming years. :fire:This is fukcing laughable. You went from Daunte (ooooh, I'm not healed yet) Culpepper, to Joey (at least I beat the Lions) Harrington to Cleo (gee, I almost beat the Colts) Lemon. And you start busting nuts on what would have possibly happened if Pennington got hurt???

News flash: Pennington didn't get hurt, the Jets are in the playoffs, and they open the playoffs by taking on NE, who Mangina already proved this year that he can beat.

You bottom dwellers are something special. You can never give credit where credit is due, even when you're looking down the barrel of a gun that has Wayne selling the team, Saban going to Alabama tomorrow and Mike Mularkey 'this close' to becoming your head coach...all while hoping your aging secondary and the bong king of Canada will come to your rescue.

Fukcing pathetic.

BuffaloSoldier2
01-03-2007, 02:21 AM
This is fukcing laughable. You went from Daunte (ooooh, I'm not healed yet) Culpepper, to Joey (at least I beat the Lions) Harrington to Cleo (gee, I almost beat the Colts) Lemon. And you start busting nuts on what would have possibly happened if Pennington got hurt???

News flash: Pennington didn't get hurt, the Jets are in the playoffs, and they open the playoffs by taking on NE, who Mangina already proved this year that he can beat.

You bottom dwellers are something special. You can never give credit where credit is due, even when you're looking down the barrel of a gun that has Wayne selling the team, Saban going to Alabama tomorrow and Mike Mularkey 'this close' to becoming your head coach...all while hoping your aging secondary and the bong king of Canada will come to your rescue.

Fukcing pathetic.

:sidelol:

But I don't know he's truly the king. Canadians smoke a lot of grass. Plus, he seems like more pop can guy to me.

Kinzua
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
This is fukcing laughable. You went from Daunte (ooooh, I'm not healed yet) Culpepper, to Joey (at least I beat the Lions) Harrington to Cleo (gee, I almost beat the Colts) Lemon. And you start busting nuts on what would have possibly happened if Pennington got hurt???

Fukcing pathetic.

:sidelol:

But I don't know he's truly the king. Canadians smoke a lot of grass. Plus, he seems like more pop can guy to me.

One down! Tom Coughlin's my choice for HC, though! :lol:

SpurzN703
01-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Gee, these guys sure do pick on the Dolphins over anything they can. I hope you do it b/c it's fun and not b/c it's what you think you were put on this earth to do.

That's ok, I don't even really wanna fight back and forth with B LO and Kinzua and all them anymore. Never gets us anywhere.

They seem to think the object of the season is to beat your division but not win a title. They can sweep us all they want but they will always remain the same as us.

No playoffs for Billy fans or us. Least the Jets and Pats can talk