PDA

View Full Version : Titusville

properfin
01-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Hey fellow Dolphin fans. I'll be coming to Florida, more specifically Titusville, on business from the 3rd until the 17th. Luckily, I'll be staying in a town house rental rather than a hotel (hate hotels). Can any of you recommend things to do in my off time?
I know Cape Canaveral is right next door, and in fact, that's one of the reasons that I'm there. My business has to do with NASA. Anyway, any suggestions on things to do would be great. I will be bringing my trusty digital camera that I got for Christmas, so I'd like to be the ultimate tourist and take plenty of photos of the area. I'd also like to see some really nice beaches.
Is Titusville conisdered safe and clean? I like to walk and jog, are there decent parks in the area?
Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to beautiful, warm, Florida!

Celtkin
01-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Titusville is a clean, safe city with a population of around 50k

Besides NASA, Canaveral National Seashore (http://www.nps.gov/cana/) it close and worth a look-see.

Of course, Disney World and Sea World are close by in Orlando and the world's most famous beach, Datona, is a short drive away. Also in nearby Cocoa is the worlds largest surf shop, Ron Jons (http://www.ronjons.com/)

cnc66
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
dang Mal...you should take him fishin'

properfin
01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
That's good to hear. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the trip and some nice warm evenings. I hope to be off on weekends so I can sightsee and take plenty of pictures!

Roman529
01-01-2007, 02:01 PM
I lived in Orlando in 1998....we use to love to go to the Cocoa Beach area. They have a really nice restaurant on the pier in Cocoa Beach that has great pina coladas and mozerella sticks. They also have a cool Ron Jons surf store there.

Raging Bull
01-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Drive to I -drive, about an hour away, maybe a lil more depending. There's some cool stuff over there if you have a day or so to chill and go explore. You can take the B-Line pretty much all the way there.