PDA

View Full Version : ONE TIME props to the Jets thread

DolfanTom
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Look, I feel I at least should eat some serious crow this season. Back on 9/7, I figured we would win 10-12 games by now, and the Jets would be on Brady Quinn watch. Obviously, this season has gone horribly wrong ... for us fish heads. Could you have imagined a worse scenario prior to this season, short of Jason Taylor making out w/ Tom Brady at midfield at halftime???? This is probably the most disapointing season for me as a fan - one who has been following this team since '81, and closely since '83. The reasons for this are all too many, and how quickly things will get better is up in the air.

But I feel I must eat crow on the Jets. They played far beyond my or anyone's expectations - and they beat down the Raiders yesterday like a good team should when it has the playoffs in front of them. Good for them. Good for you BZ most of all. I hope you enjoyed it.

So here I am, with plate, fork and knife in front of me - feed me my crow. And this is saying something considering the amount of insane food I've eaten over the past week!

That said, I hope the Jets lose 63-7 against the Patriots :wink:

-DT

Type-O
01-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Look, I feel I at least should eat some serious crow this season. Back on 9/7, I figured we would win 10-12 games by now, and the Jets would be on Brady Quinn watch. Obviously, this season has gone horribly wrong ... for us fish heads. Could you have imagined a worse scenario prior to this season, short of Jason Taylor making out w/ Tom Brady at midfield at halftime???? This is probably the most disapointing season for me as a fan - one who has been following this team since '81, and closely since '83. The reasons for this are all too many, and how quickly things will get better is up in the air.

But I feel I must eat crow on the Jets. They played far beyond my or anyone's expectations - and they beat down the Raiders yesterday like a good team should when it has the playoffs in front of them. Good for them. Good for you BZ most of all. I hope you enjoyed it.

So here I am, with plate, fork and knife in front of me - feed me my crow. And this is saying something considering the amount of insane food I've eaten over the past week!

That said, I hope the Jets lose 63-7 against the Patriots :wink:

-DT
way to man up. but...........you are rooting for the Pats?:tantrum:

DolfanTom
01-01-2007, 11:52 AM
way to man up. but...........you are rooting for the Pats?:tantrum:Yeah, I know.

It's like picking sides in a cage match between Saddam and Hitler. :wink:

Maybe you both could play to some perpetual tie, that takes so long to finish that the NFL decided to eliminate you both??

branflakecereal
01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
You know what? I'm a big fin fan. I talked a little bit of smack about the Jets, who didn't? I hate the Jets. With a fiery, passion I do.

But

I hope Vilma drives Brady's face into the ground, I am so freaking sick of the Patriots.

So, while it pains a very deep part of my soul to say this, Go Jets.

Type-O
01-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I know.

It's like picking sides in a cage match between Saddam and Hitler. :wink:

Maybe you both could play to some perpetual tie, that takes so long to finish that the NFL decided to eliminate you both??
:lol:
Now come on,I hate the Dolphins too. What are Dolphins but Gay sharks. But whenever it comes to that pole smoker up in New England and his hobo coach,i'd root for the Fish to stomp them. Maybe it's just the Yankee fan in me,but i root for anybody who is playing any team from NE.:cooldude:

DolfanTom
01-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Now come on,I hate the Dolphins too. What are Dolphins but Gay sharks. But whenever it comes to that pole smoker up in New England and his hobo coach,i'd root for the Fish to stomp them. Maybe it's just the Yankee fan in me,but i root for anybody who is playing any team from NE.:cooldude:
I suppose on some dimented level - there is less bad about you beating the Patsies. I'm sick and tired of the Patriots "Dynasty" (which ended at the end of the '04 season BTW, even though Patsie fans won't admit it), and I want any hopes for a SB revival this year squashed ASAP.

I guess what I'm saying is - sure, go knock yourself out and beat up on the closeted-one. Maybe you'll beat up on him so bad he'll finally come out and admit his love affair w/ his backup QB!!

THEN you can lose 63-7 against the Chargers or whomever :wink:

DolfanTom
01-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Now come on,I hate the Dolphins too. What are Dolphins but Gay sharks. But whenever it comes to that pole smoker up in New England and his hobo coach,i'd root for the Fish to stomp them. Maybe it's just the Yankee fan in me,but i root for anybody who is playing any team from NE.:cooldude:Oh, and I root for the Mets!!! :lol:

BleedinGreenNC
01-01-2007, 12:12 PM
You know what? I'm a big fin fan. I talked a little bit of smack about the Jets, who didn't? I hate the Jets. With a fiery, passion I do.

But

I hope Vilma drives Brady's face into the ground, I am so freaking sick of the Patriots.

Very well put!!

Type-O
01-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh, and I root for the Mets!!! :lol:Mets and Dolphins?....ouch!:lol:

aquaman54
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Not Me!!! Bad as it pains me,I hope Brady and his comrades become towel-heads.....hi-jack that New York Jet.....and crash it right into Giant Stadium.Just kidding,"BUT GOD I LOVE TO HATE THE JETS"!!! It's kinda like therapy....It helps get me through the tough times,and we haven't seen any good ones in a long,long,time.Some teams just have other teams' numbers,and the Jets definitely have ours.I ABSOLUTELY HATE THEM,BUT AT THE SAME TIME.......I RESPECT THEM!!!

DolfanTom
01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Mets and Dolphins?....ouch!:lol:

Long story! Both keep me :boohoo: regularly.

No Zito :fire: :fire: :fire:

OK, back to football ...

like2god
01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh, and I root for the Mets!!! :lol:

:shakeno:

BleedinGreenNC
01-01-2007, 12:23 PM

Nobody is perfect L2G.

DolfanTom
01-01-2007, 12:24 PM

We've already had this battle, haven't we :lol:

like2god
01-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Nobody is perfect L2G.

Apparently :lol:

We've already had this battle, haven't we :lol:

I thought that you would have learned some sense since then, guess not. :wink:

B-lo
01-01-2007, 01:13 PM
We've already had this battle, haven't we :lol: Hey DT nice avy.:cooldude: I have not been around much , I almost forgot how good it looks.:lol: I also have to give props and respect to the stinkin J E T S !!!!!!!!!!! I don't think they will win again this year , but they have had a great season. I'd like to see them spank the fukin patsy's , BUT I doubt it . But "that's why they play the game". Happy New Year

Capt. Dick
01-01-2007, 01:46 PM

But

Couldn`t have said it better myself except for the "Go jets" part. When I try to think those two words, I get nauseous and develope a migraine. I`ll just keep it at...I hope the pats lose.:lol:

Kinzua
01-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Props, DT, to owning up. Of course, you weren't alone in being surpised by the Jests; I think they even surprised themselves at least a little.

I have to give props to the Jets, too. Wow! Not only 10-6, but they danced into the playoffs on their own terms, beating teams they had to beat to do it, not backing in!

I think the Pats take 'em out, however. It might be different if the game were in Giants stadium.

Type-O
01-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Props, DT, to owning up. Of course, you weren't alone in being surpised by the Jests; I think they even surprised themselves at least a little.

I have to give props to the Jets, too. Wow! Not only 10-6, but they danced into the playoffs on their own terms, beating teams they had to beat to do it, not backing in!

I think the Pats take 'em out, however. It might be different if the game were in Giants stadium.For some reason,the Jets always play the Pats better in their house. Actually,that seems to be true for every other team the Jets play too:confused:

muscle979
01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I predicted that the Jets would get beat in the first round but now that they drew the Pats I may be wrong. I'd rather see the Patriots eliminated early on.

Just a side note: I'm really pissed off b/c Miami could have gotten in this year with a 9-7 record.

retired opfinistic
01-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Go Jets, I'm sick of the Patsies owning the division.

Let me go wash my mouth out now.

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey DT nice avy.:cooldude: I have not been around much , I almost forgot how good it looks.:lol: I also have to give props and respect to the stinkin J E T S !!!!!!!!!!! I don't think they will win again this year , but they have had a great season. I'd like to see them spank the fukin patsy's , BUT I doubt it . But "that's why they play the game". Happy New YearIt's like having to wear a Bills jersey all the time. Doesn't that just scream "I know nothing about football" :lol:

I've changed my mind completly on this Sunday - Go Jets!!!! :tantrum:

Then please have the courtesy to get blown out in round two, K!:wink:

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM

I think the Pats take 'em out, however. It might be different if the game were in Giants stadium.One thing I've learned from this season, which will be my guide at the start of each football season from 2007 until the Lord comes calling:

"F the hype!!!"

Positive or negative. The media (nationally) will prop you up or write you off ASAP to serve their needs! You're either the hero or zero, nothing in between!!

I'll let the season unfold and just enjoy the football from now on!