PDA

View Full Version : If "Saint" Nick leaves ....

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 10:31 AM

1. Phuck him, his family, his future grandchildren, and his dog

2. Who should be our next coach?

I'm for Dom Capers. Don't ask me why, call it a hunch.

retired opfinistic
01-02-2007, 10:42 AM

1. Phuck him, his family, his future grandchildren, and his dog

2. Who should be our next coach?

I'm for Dom Capers. Don't ask me why, call it a hunch.
Capers doesn't make me completely comfortable. I think we need a coach that specializes on the offense. Our D is in good shape, and having Capers retain his post will give us continuity there.

Saban will stick around.

I hope.

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Capers doesn't make me completely comfortable. I think we need a coach that specializes on the offense. Our D is in good shape, and having Capers retain his post will give us continuity there.

Saban will stick around.

I hope.
I do hope so opie, but I've got a bad feeling about this. Maybe if H.Wayne offers up more $$, but they say he won't so ...

Good point about Capers, but if not him, who? I wouldn't mind them trying to pry Gruden away from TB if that's possible. But for coaches out of work right now, it's slim pickins'. Would probably have to go the coordinator route then.

like2god
01-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I really hope he stays, with that being said I think Capers is the logical choice. He knows the team, knows the defense, has HC experience and it would be easier for Wayne to promote Capers instead of going out and trying to lure another coach here.

Is he the guy that I would want? Not in a perfect world, but I think he could do just as well if the team can avoid injuries.

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Let's face it guys, whoever is the coach next year, Saban or otherwise, our success level comes down to the talent at QB. All of those other issues we have are less important.

Put Drew Brees on this year's team, we at least win 10 games, probably 11. A HEALTHY C-Pep would have at least had us in the 9-10 range, at least alive going into week 17 for a playoff berth. We had absolutely no offensive threat this year, and it was the real problem for us losing. Our D gave up some big plays, but they were the reason we were in games to begin w/. We need an offense!!

Next year, if C-Pep is healthy, great, that will be a big help. If a new coach comes in, and decides to clean "QB house" then we'll be as good as the player he puts under center, rookie or otherwise!

Other problems need to be addressed, yes, but we need a QB .... NOW!!! I'm tired of the BS that has manned that position since Danny Boy left! When you start envying the Bills for having J.P. Loss-man, you know we're in trouble!

like2god
01-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I do hope so opie, but I've got a bad feeling about this. Maybe if H.Wayne offers up more $$, but they say he won't so ...
See, that really bothers me. If he is trying to play Bama against the Phins, that is enough to make me lose respect for him. He signed a contract for 5 years, he should honor that contract instead of fishing for more money to stay. If Wayne wanted to give him a raise or an extension without all of this Bama sh*t twisting his arm, I don't see anything wrong with that. But nobody wants to finish what they start anymore, everybody just follows the money regardless of their commitments.

Good point about Capers, but if not him, who? I wouldn't mind them trying to pry Gruden away from TB if that's possible. But for coaches out of work right now, it's slim pickins'. Would probably have to go the coordinator route then.
I don't even want to think about a replacement at this point. I don't think Tampa would let Gruden leave without getting a ransom like what they paid to the Raiders. Not worth it IMO.

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 10:58 AM
See, that really bothers me. If he is trying to play Bama against the Phins, that is enough to make me lose respect for him. He signed a contract for 5 years, he should honor that contract instead of fishing for more money to stay. If Wayne wanted to give him a raise or an extension without all of this Bama sh*t twisting his arm, I don't see anything wrong with that. But nobody wants to finish what they start anymore, everybody just follows the money regardless of their commitments.

I don't even want to think about a replacement at this point. I don't think Tampa would let Gruden leave without getting a ransom like what they paid to the Raiders. Not worth it IMO.Good points, no doubt. I just want to see Nick stick around. You're right, though, H. Wayne should tell him his contract is what his contract is. Not to mention all the other perks he gets like great facilities taylored to his every desire, as many coaches as he wants, etc.

No, I wouldn't give up picks for Gruden, especially when we need the picks so badly. I guess we'll address the coach thing when and if Saban leaves.

like2god
01-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Let's face it guys, whoever is the coach next year, Saban or otherwise, our success level comes down to the talent at QB. All of those other issues we have are less important.

Put Drew Brees on this year's team, we at least win 10 games, probably 11. A HEALTHY C-Pep would have at least had us in the 9-10 range, at least alive going into week 17 for a playoff berth. We had absolutely no offensive threat this year, and it was the real problem for us losing. Our D gave up some big plays, but they were the reason we were in games to begin w/. We need an offense!!

Next year, if C-Pep is healthy, great, that will be a big help. If a new coach comes in, and decides to clean "QB house" then we'll be as good as the player he puts under center, rookie or otherwise!
I don't think that Brees would have changed our fate in the first half of the season when the OL couldn't block a light breeze. And I read this morning that 3 seperate doctors (in addition to the Phins medical staff) gave Brees around a 50% chance of playing this year and all believed he will reinjure himself at some point. So you can't fault Nick for choosing Culpepper over Brees.

I honestly believe that Culpepper will lead us to the promised land if he can get himself healthy. If we start reading reports of him running in a parking lot against team doctors wishes, then we can worry. But I think he learned his lesson and will follow the Phins rehab schedule and should be ready for training camp at 100%.

Other problems need to be addressed, yes, but we need a QB .... NOW!!! I'm tired of the BS that has manned that position since Danny Boy left! When you start envying the Bills for having J.P. Loss-man, you know we're in trouble!
That is a sad statement, I agree, but that is when you know that you have hit rock bottom. :(

like2god
01-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Good points, no doubt. I just want to see Nick stick around. You're right, though, H. Wayne should tell him his contract is what his contract is. Not to mention all the other perks he gets like great facilities taylored to his every desire, as many coaches as he wants, etc.

No, I wouldn't give up picks for Gruden, especially when we need the picks so badly. I guess we'll address the coach thing when and if Saban leaves.
That's why I think that Capers is an ideal replacement, you don't have to give up anything except money.

And Saban has to understand that this will tarnish his reputation and brand him a quitter. Like you said, Huizenga has given him everything that he could want, ability to hire 21 coaches, Wayne built the practice bubble on Saban's recommendation, he lets Nick spend to the salary cap, Nick is THE guy. Yes, he might find more money elsewhere, but he will ruin his chances at another NFL job in the future. And that might be what he wants, he seems to like teaching young kids the game, so maybe he would be happier in a college situation. I just despise it when players/coaches try to break their contracts to go to a different team or to try and get more money. They're making more money than they will ever spend, just shut up and play the damn game.

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't think that Brees would have changed our fate in the first half of the season when the OL couldn't block a light breeze. And I read this morning that 3 seperate doctors (in addition to the Phins medical staff) gave Brees around a 50% chance of playing this year and all believed he will reinjure himself at some point. So you can't fault Nick for choosing Culpepper over Brees.

I honestly believe that Culpepper will lead us to the promised land if he can get himself healthy. If we start reading reports of him running in a parking lot against team doctors wishes, then we can worry. But I think he learned his lesson and will follow the Phins rehab schedule and should be ready for training camp at 100%.

That's is a sad statement, I agree, but that is when you know that you have hit rock bottom. :(Not second guessing Saban too much for Brees. Yes, I wanted Brees more then C-Pep, but I saw all those reports and you can't blame Saban for going that way. Who knows, Brees could fall apart, starting in a couple weeks! And C-Pep could come back and have big success. It happens!

On another note, it'll be interesting to see who will be around when pick #9 comes up in the first round. Did you see that Calvin Johnson yesterday at GT? My God, I know he won't drop down to us, but if we could get up to get that guy. He catches everything! That said, we need to draft a QB on day one, prolly cut Harrington, promote Lemon to #2 and develop that rookie for whenever C-Pep is done.

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 11:14 AM
They're making more money than they will ever spend, just shut up and play the damn game.Thank you! At some point you just have to say ... OK, so my great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren will probably have to work for a living if I stay.

Besides, it's not like he won't make close to that anyways. If he wins w/ us, he'll get all he wants after this contract. And if he wins here and wants to go back to college, they'll be lining up to bring him back. Essentially, in 8-10 years, he's going to make about what 'Bama is offering him anyway.

like2god
01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
On another note, it'll be interesting to see who will be around when pick #9 comes up in the first round. Did you see that Calvin Johnson yesterday at GT? My God, I know he won't drop down to us, but if we could get up to get that guy. He catches everything! That said, we need to draft a QB on day one, prolly cut Harrington, promote Lemon to #2 and develop that rookie for whenever C-Pep is done.
A lot will depend on who is available in FA. There really isn't much in the way of centers and the only OL that would be considered upgrades are Leonard Davis, Eric Steinbach and Max Starks. The only guy out of those 3 that I see moving is Davis, so the pickings are slim. On the other side of the ball Clements would be a very good pickup, but does he leave Buffalo? They have a ton of cap space and could resign him.

I honestly think that OL is our first concern, then worry about DB, LB, QB and even WR. It's tough to project who will be there at #9, so I don't know. Here is a list of potential FA's.

QB
Matt Schaub, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
Rohan Davey, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Shaun King, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
John Navarre, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, New York Jets
Tim Rattay, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seneca Wallace, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Anthony Wright, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

RB
Ahman Green, UFA, Green Bay Packers
Michael Turner, RFA, San Diego Chargers
Chris Brown, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Correll Buckhalter, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Najeh Davenport, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Nick Goings, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Maurice Hicks, RFA, San Francisco 49ers
Patrick Pass, UFA, New England Patriots
Artose Pinner, RFA, Detroit Lions
Michael Pittman, UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
B.J. Sams, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Marcel Shipp, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Antowain Smith, UFA, Houston Texans

WR
Wes Welker, RFA, Miami Dolphins
Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Patrick Crayton, RFA, Dallas Cowboys
Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
Bobby Wade, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

TE
Tony Gonzalez UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
TE Eric Johnson, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Kyle Brady, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots
Ben Hartsock, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Zach Hilton, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Reggie Kelly, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Jerramy Stevens, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Boo Williams, UFA, New York Giants

OL
Max Starks RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals
Mike Gandy, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Jordan Black, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Dwayne Carswell, UFA, Denver Broncos
Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
Nat Dorsey, RFA, Cleveland Browns
Chris Gray, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Norm Katnik, RFA, New York Jets
Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Roman Oben, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Brian Rimpf, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Eric Steinbach, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Todd Steussie, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Damion McIntosh, UFA, Miami Dolphins
John Denney, Miami Dolphins

DL
Dwight Freeney, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Justin Smith Cincinnati Bengals
Jared Allen, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Vonnie Holliday, UFA, Miami Dolphins
Edward Jasper, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Chad Lavalais, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
Cory Redding, UFA, Detroit Lions
Terdell Sands, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Hollis Thomas, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Keith Traylor, UFA, Miami Dolphins
David Bowens, UFA, Miami Dolphins

LB
Lance Briggs, UFA, Chicago Bears
Na'il Diggs, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Cato June, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Adalius Thomas, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Chase Blackburn, ERFA, New York Giants
Chad Brown, UFA, New England Patriots
James Darling, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
London Fletcher, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Randall Godfrey, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Kawika Mitchell, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Rob Morris, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Donnie Spragan, Miami Dolphins

CB
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Roc Alexander, RFA, Denver Broncos
Jordan Babineaux, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Jason David, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Randall Gay, RFA, New England Patriots
Nick Harper, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
David Macklin, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots

S
Tyrone Carter, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Deon Grant, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Ken Hamlin, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Michael Lewis, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
John Lynch, UFA, Denver Broncos
Donnie Nickey, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Tony Parrish, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Ernest Shazor, ERFA, Arizona Cardinals
B.J. Ward, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Gibril Wilson, RFA, New York Giants
Yeremiah Bell, Miami Dolphins

K
Josh Brown, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Rian Lindell, UFA, Buffalo Bills -SIGNED A 5 YEAR EXTENSION
Josh Scobee, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Lawrence Tynes, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs

P
Michael Koenen, ERFA, Atlanta Falcons
Matt Turk, UFA, St. Louis Rams

Tupac Shakur
01-02-2007, 11:23 AM
v. manuwai and l. betts were also signed to extensions

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the list!

I agree on the OL. IMO, unless there's a significant upgrade, keep what you have and add in McKinney if he's healthy.

What we have now is at least average, so why mess w/ it. D-Mac isn't Richmond Webb at LT, but he's not aweful!

like2god
01-02-2007, 11:29 AM
v. manuwai and l. betts were also signed to extensions
Thanks for the heads up. :wink:

icephinfan
01-02-2007, 12:15 PM
QB
Matt Schaub, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
Rohan Davey, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Shaun King, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
John Navarre, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, New York Jets
Tim Rattay, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seneca Wallace, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Anthony Wright, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

RB
Ahman Green, UFA, Green Bay Packers
Michael Turner, RFA, San Diego Chargers
Chris Brown, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Correll Buckhalter, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Najeh Davenport, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Nick Goings, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Maurice Hicks, RFA, San Francisco 49ers
Patrick Pass, UFA, New England Patriots
Artose Pinner, RFA, Detroit Lions
Michael Pittman, UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
B.J. Sams, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Marcel Shipp, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Antowain Smith, UFA, Houston Texans

WR
Wes Welker, RFA, Miami Dolphins
Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Patrick Crayton, RFA, Dallas Cowboys
Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
Bobby Wade, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

TE
Tony Gonzalez UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
TE Eric Johnson, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Kyle Brady, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots
Ben Hartsock, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Zach Hilton, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Reggie Kelly, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Jerramy Stevens, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Boo Williams, UFA, New York Giants

OL
Max Starks RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals
Mike Gandy, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Jordan Black, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Dwayne Carswell, UFA, Denver Broncos
Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
Nat Dorsey, RFA, Cleveland Browns
Chris Gray, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Norm Katnik, RFA, New York Jets
Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Roman Oben, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Brian Rimpf, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Eric Steinbach, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Todd Steussie, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Damion McIntosh, UFA, Miami Dolphins
John Denney, Miami Dolphins

DL
Dwight Freeney, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Justin Smith Cincinnati Bengals
Jared Allen, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Vonnie Holliday, UFA, Miami Dolphins
Edward Jasper, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Chad Lavalais, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
Cory Redding, UFA, Detroit Lions
Terdell Sands, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Hollis Thomas, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Keith Traylor, UFA, Miami Dolphins
David Bowens, UFA, Miami Dolphins

LB
Lance Briggs, UFA, Chicago Bears
Na'il Diggs, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Cato June, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Adalius Thomas, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Chase Blackburn, ERFA, New York Giants
Chad Brown, UFA, New England Patriots
James Darling, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
London Fletcher, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Randall Godfrey, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Kawika Mitchell, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Rob Morris, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Donnie Spragan, Miami Dolphins

CB
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Roc Alexander, RFA, Denver Broncos
Jordan Babineaux, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Jason David, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Randall Gay, RFA, New England Patriots
Nick Harper, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
David Macklin, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots

S
Tyrone Carter, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Deon Grant, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Ken Hamlin, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Michael Lewis, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
John Lynch, UFA, Denver Broncos
Donnie Nickey, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Tony Parrish, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Ernest Shazor, ERFA, Arizona Cardinals
B.J. Ward, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Gibril Wilson, RFA, New York Giants
Yeremiah Bell, Miami Dolphins

K
Josh Brown, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Rian Lindell, UFA, Buffalo Bills -SIGNED A 5 YEAR EXTENSION
Josh Scobee, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Lawrence Tynes, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs

P
Michael Koenen, ERFA, Atlanta Falcons
Matt Turk, UFA, St. Louis Rams

Not too mention the guys who get cut, due to the salary cap. Should be an interesting off season.
Thanks for the list L2G.:cooldude: