PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 2006-Not a moment too soon-Hopes for 07

retired opfinistic
01-02-2007, 11:12 AM
This was a tough year for Dolfans!

I'm waiting patiently for Saban to make his decision regarding his job offer. I, for one, hope he stays and gets this team's **** together, but if he goes I won't cry. I hope to see another strong draft this year, more like the '05 one than the '06 draft. I'd like to see a young QB behind center, someone with talent and the ability to grow, no more retreads. I'd like to see Jason Taylor shelve his thoughts on retirement for another year or so (although I wouldn't blame him if he did retire) and return for another MVP quality season. I'd like to see Ricky return, and give us that 1-2 punch at RB and I'd like to see Ronnie continue to progress and become more explosive and less of a dancer. I'd like to see our WRs catch the freaking football more often than drop it. I'd like to see our O-Line block from week 1 on. I'd like to see the team go into the season with minimal hype and maximum heart, like they we a disappoinment the previous year and now have something to prove.
Most of all I hope for a healthy year for the team with no major injuries, no drug scandals, no domestic assaults and no DUIs!

Oh yeah, I also want to be in the ****ing playoffs!:D

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Outside of my unborn child arriving in July as scheduled, I wan't nothing more than a playoff berth next season!!!

Six in a row out would put us in Bengal or Cardinal territory :fire::fire:

On another note, know what's ironic? In '03, we finished 10-6 and missed the playoffs. This year, in the NFC, 8-8 is good enough to get in, and 10-6 gets you a bye :shakeno:.

like2god
01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
This was a tough year for Dolfans!

I'm waiting patiently for Saban to make his decision regarding his job offer. I, for one, hope he stays and gets this team's **** together, but if he goes I won't cry. I hope to see another strong draft this year, more like the '05 one than the '06 draft. I'd like to see a young QB behind center, someone with talent and the ability to grow, no more retreads. I'd like to see Jason Taylor shelve his thoughts on retirement for another year or so (although I wouldn't blame him if he did retire) and return for another MVP quality season. I'd like to see Ricky return, and give us that 1-2 punch at RB and I'd like to see Ronnie continue to progress and become more explosive and less of a dancer. I'd like to see our WRs catch the freaking football more often than drop it. I'd like to see our O-Line block from week 1 on. I'd like to see the team go into the season with minimal hype and maximum heart, like they we a disappoinment the previous year and now have something to prove.
Most of all I hope for a healthy year for the team with no major injuries, no drug scandals, no domestic assaults and no DUIs!

Oh yeah, I also want to be in the ****ing playoffs!:D
:yes::clap:

retired opfinistic
01-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Outside of my unborn child arriving in July as scheduled, I wan't nothing more than a playoff berth next season!!!

On another note, know what's ironic? In '03, we finished 10-6 and missed the playoffs. This year, in the NFC, 8-8 is good enough to get in, and 10-6 gets you a bye :shakeno:.
10-6 with no playoffs was a *****. The NFC sucks lately. I remember the days when the AFC was the underdog.

like2god
01-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Outside of my unborn child arriving in July as scheduled, .
Congrats Tom. :clap:

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Congrats Tom. :clap:Thanks! Add another future Dolfan to the list! My two-year-old is well on her way, and her ability to say "Dolphins" and "Touchdown" are both amazing and ironic if you think about this past year's team :wink:

muscle979
01-02-2007, 11:44 AM

If Miami could have duplicated even 9-7 again this year they might have gotten in. It was a down year in the AFC and they couldn't capitalize.

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 11:47 AM
If Miami could have duplicated even 9-7 again this year they might have gotten in. It was a down year in the AFC and they couldn't capitalize.Tell me about it ...

I long for the day when we clinched the division w/ weeks to spare ... wow, it's been a while.

retired opfinistic
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks! Add another future Dolfan to the list! My two-year-old is well on her way, and her ability to say "Dolphins" and "Touchdown" are both amazing and ironic if you think about this past year's team :wink:
Yeah Congrats! Next word she'll learn: "Playoffs!" I'm sure she picked up "Bull****!" from you this season!:lol:

DolfanTom
01-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah Congrats! Next word she'll learn: "Playoffs!" I'm sure she picked up "Bull****!" from you this season!:lol:I may have aided in my child being sent to the principal's office a few times in grade school, let's just say that ...

In all seriousness, she said - out of the blue the other day - "Oh my God!!"

My fault, I'm sure. Not too bad, mind you, but more than I want my two-year-old blabbing out. I usually said this whenever I saw our offense sputter again when she was around, trying to keep it clean. My wife and I now spell out our curses.

F-u-c-k-n' Dolphins!!

CDNPHIN
01-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Slow out of the gate "KILLED" us this year.....Also getting waxed in our own F*@king division "AGAIN" never seems to help! Anyway, hope the Jets and Pats make earley exits......And it looks like Baltimore's gonna steal another one,............This sucks!

icephinfan
01-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Seriously, I don't want him to leave, but if he does then we need to get a good head coach in here and get us going in the right direction fast. NO more BS talk, get a guy in here who wants to be here and can give a direct answer. Yes, I want to be here or no I don't want to be here.No 2 years and out.

I really want Saban to stay, I think we are a few years away maybe 1 depending on the off season we have. Just tired of all the BS, Alabama or Miami.

Saban has a 5 year contract, if he had any notion of wanting to go back to college, he shouldn't have signed the deal.I know the Alabama thing wasn't a factor then.

But, I am really upset with the media, Saban said in 2 or 3 press conferences that he was not leaving Miami and now we are waiting for the official announcement 2morrow. Geesh can we get a coach in here who wants to stay like DON SHULA, PLEASE!!!!!

retired opfinistic
01-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Seriously, I don't want him to leave, but if he does then we need to get a good head coach in here and get us going in the right direction fast. NO more BS talk, get a guy in here who wants to be here and can give a direct answer. Yes, I want to be here or no I don't want to be here.No 2 years and out.

I really want Saban to stay, I think we are a few years away maybe 1 depending on the off season we have. Just tired of all the BS, Alabama or Miami.

Saban has a 5 year contract, if he had any notion of wanting to go back to college, he shouldn't have signed the deal.I know the Alabama thing wasn't a factor then.

But, I am really upset with the media, Saban said in 2 or 3 press conferences that he was not leaving Miami and now we are waiting for the official announcement 2morrow. Geesh can we get a coach in here who wants to stay like DON SHULA, PLEASE!!!!!
And that we want to stay!