PDA

View Full Version : Troops in Iraq get first dibs on Halo 3

Dolphins9954
01-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Microsoft and Bungie had a Christmas present for the brave U.S. soldiers located in Iraq. The U.S. troops got a chance to play the upcoming Halo 3 multiplayer public beta earlier and now, a couple of days after the fragfest took place, two short clips and some pictures have been leaked online showing for the first time some images from the beta.

The Xbox Live Halo 3 multiplayer public beta, which is a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of Halo 3, is scheduled for availability in spring 2007 exclusively on Xbox 360. This beta also represents an opportunity for gamers to give information that will help in the development of Halo 3. Through the resulting feedback, Bungie Studios will be able to further refine and hone the end result of the game.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12501/US-Soldiers-Get-to-Play-Halo-3-Beta-Footage-Leaked/

I don't support the war in Iraq at all. But at least our troops are getting a fine treat to be the first to play Halo 3. If anyone knows anything about fighting in a war it's them. I hope they enjoy alot. And it brings a smile to all their faces.

finnnhero
01-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow they get to pretend to get blown to bits in a video game before actually doing so in reality? I don't know if its a cruel joke from Microsoft but whatever!

TheMageGandalf
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
UH...Great for our troops but somehow I just dont think the real grunts who are fighting for there lives will be the ones to play, just the LT's and some privilaged guys...

tory
01-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Wow they get to pretend to get blown to bits in a video game before actually doing so in reality? I don't know if its a cruel joke from Microsoft but whatever!no one EVER intends to get blown to bits in real life. microsoft is trying to reward the troops who protect us and our way of life by allowing them to play a game they probablly wouldnt even be able to get their hands on for however long the rest of their deployment is which generally is 6-12 months.

i applaud microsoft. it's a good way to give the u.s. soldier gamers in iraq a big pat on the back and a thank you.

Mike13
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM
no one EVER intends to get blown to bits in real life. microsoft is trying to reward the troops who protect us and our way of life by allowing them to play a game they probablly wouldnt even be able to get their hands on for however long the rest of their deployment is which generally is 6-12 months.

i applaud microsoft. it's a good way to give the u.s. soldier gamers in iraq a big pat on the back and a thank you.

Bingo.