PDA

View Full Version : GUN for 360 and KILLZONE for PSP

TheMageGandalf
01-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Just want to know if any of you guys have played them and what do you think about them as I got'em for Christmas and was wondering should I keep'em or should I return them for something else??

burton87
01-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Just want to know if any of you guys have played them and what do you think about them as I got'em for Christmas and was wondering should I keep'em or should I return them for something else??

Killzone for PSP was ehhhhhhhh

Agent51
01-03-2007, 02:40 PM

I played GUN on PS2 when it first came out (I don't even think the 360 was out yet) and it was a great game aside from one glaring problem; it was WAY too short. For this reason, and this reason alone I'd say RENT it, do NOT buy it, especially for the 360. I doubt it's still $60 but if it is, that is a horrible price to play for like 5 hrs of gameplay. Hell, anything over a rental fee is. The concept, story, gameplay, controls etc etc are all great in GUN, it's just that it is EASILY completable in the rental timeframe of 1-3 days (that's NOT constant play, it could prolly be beaten in 6hrs tops total playtime). So as far as GUN, DEFINATELY rent it, but don't even think about buying it because it's a huge waste of money since it's so short and there isn't really a replay value.

As far as KILLZONE, I played it when it first came out and I didn't like it. I know it was supposed to be the "PS2's answer to Halo" but it didn't do it for me. I liked the story and I liked the enemies (they looked pretty cool with their masks) but the controls were crappy IMO. It just had a bad feel to it. Sometimes it was too responsive, others it was too sluggish, it just ruined the experience for me. I'd say rent it to see if you like it then buy it used.

Bruzer
01-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I agree with agent gun is a definate rent very fun game but like he said it is way to short which sucked. As for killzone for psp no idea.

Motion
01-03-2007, 03:39 PM
I loved GUN, do all the side missions as you go and it will stretch it out a good bit.

Bruzer
01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I did all the missions everything 100% in 3 days and a total of like 5 hours.

Motion
01-03-2007, 03:51 PM
I did all the missions everything 100% in 3 days and a total of like 5 hours.

Was the 360 version dumbed down like Madden in comparison to the PS2 version?

Bruzer
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
No idea I played ps2 version but I wouldn't expect it to be any different.

TheMageGandalf
01-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

If anyone else would like to add anything I'd really appreaciate it.

BTW I went to CC which is where they bought them for me and I checked to see what the person paid for them and it was $15.99 for GUN and $31.99 for the PSP Killzone.

Didnt return them yet though, I'll wait for the weekend to see if anyone else says anything and do whatever at that point.