PDA

View Full Version : Nick screwed Wayne!! Joe Baily is the savior!!

MikeO
01-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Look this isn't a surprise to some people here. I've been on to Nick and him being very shaddy and sleezy in his way of operations since the end of last year. I wrote a few columns about it and got blasted here but I think a lot of you maybe see my point of view in a new light now and probably agree with me.

BOTTOM LINE..........Nick Saban is a sleezy, shaddy, un-trustworthy SOB. The problem isn't with him leaving. He is entitled to leave for another job. Nick's problem was lying about it to everyone. Players, fans, media, ....etc for over a month. You can't defend that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may sting a little, but the Miami Dolphins are a bottom dweller team of the NFL currently. The Fins are on par with the Lions, Arizona, Cleveland...etc. A total, complete, 100% overhaul needs to take place. The first step towards getting out of that is facing this fact and accepting it as a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any notion that we are "close" to winning or competing or making the playoffs is a pipe dream and that line of thinking will just make this franchise worse!!!

I have total and complete confidence in Joe Baily. I will say that. THANK GOD EDDIE JONES IS GONE!!! Thank god we have Joe Baily. Joe Baily can turn this around. Let him run this ship and everyone get out of his way!!!!!

bigmiamifan
01-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Who's Joe Baily?

MikeO
01-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Who's Joe Baily?

:sidelol: :sidelol: Oh your serious. He is Wayne H's right hand man who is running the show when it comes to the Fins. Very respected. Used to work in the NFL Front office for years been with the Fins for about 3 years now. Smart football man. Isn't the team president in title but pretty much is calling all of the shots.

Section126
01-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Youa re the ray of sunshine.

The Fins are not on par with the Lions, Zona, and Cleveland.

The Fins were 9-7 and then 6-10 with no QB.

They are mediocre.

They get a QB they are a playoff contender. it is Just that easy.

The Defense was ranked #3 in the NFL. and They have a decent Running game that will get better. They have a couple of good players at the skill positions.

That is the very definition of "close" in the NFL.

This is not Baseball...this is not the NBA...this is the NFL...the same league that you can be 1-15 one year and in the Super Bowl the Next. The same year where the Jets go from 3 wins to 10 and a playoff.

Rethink your irrational stance.

You can tell that you could care less about this team and has nothing invested in it.

bigmiamifan
01-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Ah, I see. Well I say let Mueller handle things. No more coachisgodandhasallpower situations. Let Mueller run the non coaching side and be responsible for our next NFL CURRENTLY EMPLOYED candidate. We need to interview this week! Tomorrow! Set them up now before they are gone!

DoctorFeelgood
01-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Any notion that we are "close" to winning or competing or making the playoffs is a pipe dream and that line of thinking will just make this franchise worse!!!

I disagree. With the level of parity in the NFL these days, *every* team is close to being a playoff team. The whole "any given sunday" thing is a total cliche, but it's also totally true. Look at the way we hammered the Patriots 21-0, thumped the Bears, and then hung tough against the Colts, on the road, with our 14th string secondary playing.

With free agency allowing so much player movement and with coaching and plain old dumb luck being such big factors in NFL success, I don't think it's at all unrealistic to say we're close. No reason we can't be a playoff team next season, with a break of two (most importantly would be Duante Culpepper returning to form).

poppy
01-03-2007, 02:29 PM
That would be Joe Bailey not Joe Baily. How is his judgment looking so far? He's the head hunter who recommended Saban. How's that looking now?

MikeO
01-03-2007, 02:31 PM

They are mediocre.

The Defense was ranked #3 in the NFL. and They have a decent Running game that will get better. They have a couple of good players at the skill positions.

This is not Baseball...this is not the NBA...this is the NFL...the same league that you can be 1-15 one year and in the Super Bowl the Next. The same year where the Jets go from 3 wins to 10 and a playoff.

You can tell that you could care less about this team and has nothing invested in it.

Haven't made the playoffs in 5 years. Only 3 or 4 teams have a longer streak of not making hte playoffs.

Old defnese. Bad salary cap shape. NO quarterback. Coming off a horrible draft!!!!!!! No weapons on offense. Best players on defense are old and on the downside of his career.

You can spin this anyway you want, its time to face the cold hard truth. THIS TEAM STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!! It's time to blow it up and start over from the ground up.

datruth55
01-03-2007, 02:32 PM

They are mediocre.

While all of that is possible we also need to have the patience to suffer through a few losing season's to rebuild. Let's not place expectations (false ones especially) on this team cause we all know how those end up.

Section126
01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Joe Bailey is the same guy that was kissing Saban's But on the "Dolphin Show" last night on 790.

That was LAST NIGHT.

The guy is as much of a loser as Saban and should be fired immediately.

He was feeding the fans that called in a ton of BS last night.

he either has no power and is out of the loop or is so clueless that he actually believed the crap he spewed last night.

MikeO
01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Joe Bailey is the same guy that was kissing Saban's But on the "Dolphin Show" last night on 790.

That was LAST NIGHT.

The guy is as much of a loser as Saban and should be fired immediately.

He was feeding the fans that called in a ton of BS last night.

he either has no power and is out of the loop or is so clueless that he actually believed the crap he spewed last night.

If he throws the guy under the bus and trashes him on the radio future head coaching candidates would be scared off!!!!!!!! You can't be known as a franchise or organization who kills their employees. Nobody would want to work for you!!! It's basic business sense!

Brown42000
01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Wayne wants to win now and will spend the big bucks to be able to win now so this team will not go into a complete overhaul like some of you are wishing for.

Section126
01-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Haven't made the playoffs in 5 years. Only 3 or 4 teams have a longer streak of not making hte playoffs.

Old defnese. Bad salary cap shape. NO quarterback. Coming off a horrible draft!!!!!!! No weapons on offense. Best players on defense are old and on the downside of his career.

You can spin this anyway you want, its time to face the cold hard truth. THIS TEAM STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!! It's time to blow it up and start over from the ground up.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 10 years.

That Old Defense was ranked #3 in the NFL.

The salary cap is in GREAT SHAPE. Check the site you are posting on.

They have an injured QB they hope to comeback. They have an off-season.

No Weapons? Ronnie Brown is a helluva RB..RIcky is good as well...they have some skill position talent. get a Scouts Inc. Account...you will see what I mean.

The best players on the defense are on the downside of a career? One is the NFL defensive MVP..the other is starting in the pro bowl. Rethink that as well. Downside means...playing bad.

DolfinDave
01-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I agree that we aren't that far off from a playoff run. I think we are better than a lot of teams in the NFC. And I think we showed we can hang in there with most from the AFC. The defense should not get significantly worse. It could get better with an improvement to the secondary. That would make the defense a top 5 unit. A healthy Culpepper should improve the Qb play. And I think simply more of a committment to the running game will help Ronnie.

Brown42000
01-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Jason Taylor and Zah Thomas just had one of their best seasons of their careers so they are obvuisously not on the downside of their career. This team is also in good salary cap shape and it is too early to say how bad this draft really was until next season.

MikeO
01-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Some of you guys live in a fantasy world. Take a step back, take a deep breath, and look at things objectivly.

This team is not that good. The players are bad. The talent level is bad. These guys arent winning anything.

Believe what you want to help you sleep at night, but reality is this team needs to be blown up.

Dtronic
01-03-2007, 02:43 PM

No Weapons? Ronnie Brown is a helluva RB..RIcky is good as well...they have some skill position talent. get a Scouts Inc. Account...you will see what I mean.

The best players on the defense are on the downside of a career? One is the NFL defensive MVP..the other is starting in the pro bowl. Rethink that as well. Downside means...playing bad.

Old defense is still old defense. No where to go but down.

Culpepper won't be good next year.

We have one of the least amount of Cap room in the NFL.

With no QB, running the ball can get you only so far.

We need alot of new blood. Our 2 stars on D have only 1-2 more good years left sad to say.

MikeO
01-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Old defense is still old defense. No where to go but down.

Culpepper won't be good next year.

We have one of the least amount of Cap room in the NFL.

With no QB, running the ball can get you only so far.

We need alot of new blood.

Someone gets it!!

Sal Lisitano
01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Some of you guys live in a fantasy world. Take a step back, take a deep breath, and look at things objectivly.

This team is not that good. The players are bad. The talent level is bad. These guys arent winning anything.

Believe what you want to help you sleep at night, but reality is this team needs to be blown up.

u might be absolutely right. this team does stink...gosh that was tough to say. that's 1 of the reasons why saban left...he knew it was going to take some time...more than 3 years. it is also sad to say that...if JT and ZT want to leave to have a shot at the Super Bowl...you may need to grant them that wish...of course we should get something that is high value in return for those two guys...they are the heart n soul of this team but...like you said...we need young talent... a lot of depth...which we don't have...and right now...it might be best for the Miami Dolphins to trade them both for the long term future because we are not going anywhere anytime soon with what we have.

Go Fins!!!

Brown42000
01-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Someone gets it!!
You don't get it you need to take a step back and look everything over because the things you are saying make you look stupid.

Please do not attack another poster.

Section126
01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
You don't get it you need to take a step back and look everything over because the things you are saying make you look stupid.

Forget it.

MikeO is the Finheaven Ray of Sunshine. He is a columnist. he likes to sir it up. for what reason...I have no idea.

finfan54
01-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Mike, I can see what you mean now. I am actually wondering if this is what Saban was working towards last offseason because he turns around and brings in two former Head Coaches in.

AWDphinfan
01-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Please stop with the old defense nonsense. The line is old not the whole frigging defense. The LB corp and secondary have ONLY 2 PLAYERS THAT ARE 30 OR OLDER! It is also easier to find D-Line help than it is to plug in a CB, so please stop hitting the panic button. You should be concerned with talent on the secondary rather than the age of the "defense".

finfan54
01-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I disagree with this team sucking. I think we have alot of talent but we still have some major holes. But what is worse is the attitude of this team. Maybe we should let all 20 FA go and start all over. Start wheeling and dealing. It would be nice to get about 12 draft picks in this draft.

phinman1
01-03-2007, 03:06 PM

Agreed. It's easy now to say everything is in chaos, and yup, we got problems. In this league, however, things can turn around very, very quickly with the right leadership and a couple of breaks. How was New Orleans looking last year at this time? How did San Diego look after Eli blew them off? How did the Jets look last year? How was Baltimore last year?

If we had a QB we would be in the playoffs right now. Is it possible Cpep heals and returns to form? Is it possible Cleo is a legitimate starter? The answer to both questions is yes. The gloom and doomers are out if force, but you just never know what will happen in the NFL from year to year.

fishypete
01-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Your right MikeO....Saban screwed us all.....especially those who supported him right from the beginning....and what does Wayne do....he smiles....go figure....how did he ever get rich....I really have to wonder.

Wayne has to go....thats all to it....he's a moron and this team will NEVER be anything if he's in charge.

phinman1
01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Your right MikeO....Saban screwed us all.....especially those who supported him right from the beginning....and what does Wayne do....he smiles....go figure....how did he ever get rich....I really have to wonder.

Wayne has to go....thats all to it....he's a moron and this team will NEVER be anything if he's in charge.

Wayne is a moron? Then what does that make you? The man has handled this mess with class, although inside you can rest assured he's pissed. People around the league see that, admire him for it, and it will go a long way in attracting the right people.

Trackstar
01-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Look this isn't a surprise to some people here. I've been on to Nick and him being very shaddy and sleezy in his way of operations since the end of last year. I wrote a few columns about it and got blasted here but I think a lot of you maybe see my point of view in a new light now and probably agree with me.

BOTTOM LINE..........Nick Saban is a sleezy, shaddy, un-trustworthy SOB. The problem isn't with him leaving. He is entitled to leave for another job. Nick's problem was lying about it to everyone. Players, fans, media, ....etc for over a month. You can't defend that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may sting a little, but the Miami Dolphins are a bottom dweller team of the NFL currently. The Fins are on par with the Lions, Arizona, Cleveland...etc. A total, complete, 100% overhaul needs to take place. The first step towards getting out of that is facing this fact and accepting it as a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any notion that we are "close" to winning or competing or making the playoffs is a pipe dream and that line of thinking will just make this franchise worse!!!

I have total and complete confidence in Joe Baily. I will say that. THANK GOD EDDIE JONES IS GONE!!! Thank god we have Joe Baily. Joe Baily can turn this around. Let him run this ship and everyone get out of his way!!!!!

As much as I hate to admit this, you are right. We are at the bottom. As you said though, thank God for Baily and Wayne, we are lucky to have an owner who will spend as much money as it takes to get this ship turned around. Money is not an issue with Wayne.

emocomputerjock
01-03-2007, 04:04 PM

How did Wayne ever make money? By not listening to people like you. If he listened everytime someone called him a moron, every time someone said his decisions wouldn't pan out, every time someone told him that he'd be a perpetual failure, he'd be a nobody. You, on the other hand, would still be on this board complaining and whining about every detail of the Dolphins that you don't like.

Saban didn't screw us - he left the team in better shape than he found it, that's for sure. We're not a dominant force in football at the moment, and we haven't been for years. We're still screwed for the past 8 years of football decisions that have been made. So Saban decided he couldn't take the pressure of being a failure and decided to make his family happy. BFD, I've seen it happen a million times. I actually applaud his decision - if he didn't think he was the right guy for the job and Alabama's offer was too tempting, it's more than fine by me that he left. I'd rather have him happy in Alabama than constantly paranoid and worried about his job security here.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have troubles attracting a head coach. As much time as I've spent on these boards and reading the articles and links, one thing I've learned is that some of you are the most spiteful, hateful, disgustingly blatantly ignorant misanthropes in all of professional sports fandom and journalism. You wouldn't even be satisfied with Shula returning to the team. Instead of wishing a guy well, you excoriate him incessantly for no other reason than to vent your own frustrations that you're not in charge.

This team will rebuild. Your tears and impotent fists of rage will do nothing to help or hinder that.