PDA

View Full Version : Brian Griese in Miami!



Prime Time
06-02-2003, 09:27 PM
My uncle who works at Miami International Airport just called me and said he swore he saw Brian Griese arrive in a plain from Denver. My uncle said he was with another guy and was wearing shades and a buttoned up shirt. If my uncle is lying or if his eyes are getting worse well then...


:fire: :sr23: :yell:

baccarat
06-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Interesting...I'm not sure I could spot Griese out by face recoginition. All white people look alike, IMO.
j/k

iceblizzard69
06-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Plane from Denver...
Griese lives in Denver...
Griese was released....
Griese is probably going to sign with Miami....

All of this means that Griese probably just arrived in Miami!

IceStorm
06-02-2003, 09:30 PM
If you're BSing us, I will hunt you down personally. Your mother will cry when she see's what I'll do to you.....

....but if you're dead on, sweet mano! Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if you're not.........be afraid, be very afraid. hehehehe

:D

slimshadyp7
06-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Cool, your uncle better be right or well just look at icestroms post again. :) :)

Boone
06-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Get his butt signed on the dotted line!

FINFAN38
06-02-2003, 09:53 PM
The uncle tells the truth. I know cause I was just in the Burger King down by the airport and he came in a ordered a Whopper. I knew it was him when he told them to make it extra "GREASY". LMAO

VanDolPhan
06-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Ummm he could just be visiting his dad ya know ;)

Makes sense to be down here anyways. It's free agent tour time with Miami as first stop.

Fresh
06-02-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_
Interesting...I'm not sure I could spot Griese out by face recoginition. All white people look alike, IMO.
j/k

Agreed. :eek:

:jk:

Prime Time
06-02-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by FINFAN38
The uncle tells the truth. I know cause I was just in the Burger King down by the airport and he came in a ordered a Whopper. I knew it was him when he told them to make it extra "GREASY". LMAO

I didn't get it at first, I thought you were cracking on my and my uncle because we are latin but I got it after re-reading it twice :lol: :lol: :lol:

MsAmanda
06-02-2003, 10:02 PM
WQAM is reporting that BG is not in Miami yet and that the Phins and his agent opened up negotiations today and will continue to talk tomorrow. Also they are looking for him to be here sometime tomorrow.

They are also reporting that Parcels is not interested and he said "Griese will always be a 8-8 QB".

Also they said we are the only team seriously interested in BG right now.

Muck
06-02-2003, 10:05 PM
$10 says he signs tomorrow and comes to camp Wednesday.

Prime Time
06-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84


Agreed. :eek:

:jk:


No offense but how come when someone white makes a remark about a black guy as a joke, the black male goes all out?

Prime Time
06-02-2003, 10:08 PM
Muck I take your bet, look at it, and agree!

XoPhinsoX
06-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Dolphins2002



No offense but how come when someone white makes a remark about a black guy as a joke, the black male goes all out?

Cause black people were slaves for years..

Yet none of the people alive today know what they're talking about or even went through it :fire:

Prime Time
06-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Yeah true, I think we should be able to do the same type of thing, especially on site if they can do it to us, I mean all in fair play, because why should we have to take their jokes without them taisting ours.

Ozzy
06-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84


Agreed. :eek:

:jk:

Come on you guys, this Crap is uncalled for and very offensive!


Joke or no Joke

:rolleyes:

Ozzy
06-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Yeah true, I think we should be able to do the same type of thing, especially on site if they can do it to us, I mean all in fair play, because why should we have to take their jokes without them taisting ours.


Na, just express that you feel what they did was wrong. No need to stoop to that level.

Prime Time
06-02-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Ozzy



Na, just express that you feel what they did was wrong. No need to stoop to that level.

Thanks...I am still learning since I am only 15, let the young second year kid learn his ways! :lol:

MDFINFAN
06-03-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm glad this race card is coming to an end, this is a dolphin board, there's other forum for that kind of thing..People here are pretty cool..let's not take this to a level beneath the intent of this board. Please..and I can say this..I've seen it all..and lived it all..

Miamian
06-03-2003, 12:27 AM
Here, here!! We're all Dolphin fans. Most of us don't have photos pasted on our user cp's, so we're all the same in writing.

Gabal
06-03-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by MsAmanda


They are also reporting that Parcels is not interested and he said "Griese will always be a 8-8 QB".



Parcells, IMO, has complete lost it. He is NOT the same coach anymore. He prefers his 5-11 QB's?

And as for those all white guys look alike joke, not only is that offensive, any message board with a high intengrity of standards would ban you both. Not only uncalled for, but classless as well.

Fresh
06-03-2003, 02:41 AM
WTF.. I said just kidding.. I love all people!

Fresh
06-03-2003, 02:48 AM
Shoot, I was makin' that post to check out my sig. :(

Sorry to anyone who was offended but some of my best friends are white, I have NOTHING against ANYONE because of race..

"Don't stoop down to his level" WTH?

relive1972
06-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Gabal


Parcells, IMO, has complete lost it. He is NOT the same coach anymore. He prefers his 5-11 QB's?

And as for those all white guys look alike joke, not only is that offensive, any message board with a high intengrity of standards would ban you both. Not only uncalled for, but classless as well.

Remember, Parcells is the one who thought Ray Lucas would be a good QB.:hitself:

Den54
06-03-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Shoot, I was makin' that post to check out my sig. :(

Sorry to anyone who was offended but some of my best friends are white, I have NOTHING against ANYONE because of race..

"Don't stoop down to his level" WTH?

Don't sweat it Chambers. It was funny. Too much sensitivities and political correctness around here.

Scrap
06-03-2003, 07:59 AM
Actually, they got that joke from white people sayin that about them.So, in order for them to say it back, they must have some sense of humor themselves. I am white, I'm not offended, and I thought it was funny actually. Quit sweating the small stuff people. No need to apologize Chambers.

ckparrothead
06-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Don't sweat it Chambers. It was funny. Too much sensitivities and political correctness around here.

Agreed. Gettin too PC in here. I can't survive in too sterile an environment heh.

3P
06-03-2003, 08:52 AM
Just a joke, which can be hard to interpret over the internet.... no way to tell by tone of voice or inflection that he's just poking fun.

On a more OT note, I found a couple of articles that say Griese is still in Denver:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/6001153.htm
http://www.thestate.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/5999434.htm

T-ROCK
06-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Shoot, I was makin' that post to check out my sig. :(

Sorry to anyone who was offended but some of my best friends are white, I have NOTHING against ANYONE because of race..

"Don't stoop down to his level" WTH?


I personally am not offended, because offending white guys with name calling is impossible, IMO...

But if I were to say all black people look alike, I can only imagine the firestorm that would ensue...

PhinPhan1227
06-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Shoot, I was makin' that post to check out my sig. :(

Sorry to anyone who was offended but some of my best friends are white, I have NOTHING against ANYONE because of race..

"Don't stoop down to his level" WTH?


Try to bear in mind that the line between humor and insult is very fine, and it's hair thin in written form where tone and inflection are impossible to convey. I took it as a joke, but I can see the point of those who questioned the wisdom of it. But then again, I think 99% of all racial "issues" are BS, so what do I know?...:rolleyes:

Den54
06-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by T-ROCK



I personally am not offended, because offending white guys with name calling is impossible, IMO...

But if I were to say all black people look alike, I can only imagine the firestorm that would ensue...

Its called a double standard.

Ozzy
06-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Shoot, I was makin' that post to check out my sig. :(

Sorry to anyone who was offended but some of my best friends are white, I have NOTHING against ANYONE because of race..

"Don't stoop down to his level" WTH?


I saw your smile in the post. Never thought for a second you meant it harshly. But those comments are surely not needed.

Go back and re-read the other post. It never said "your level". And had nothing to do with you.

I'm down with every single race, based on individuals, not color, thats for sure. Ask my GF, who just so happens to be African American. But I think that someone might start making further (more harsh) comments from those, just to make it an issue. Whicjh surely was not my intentions.

Prime Time
06-03-2003, 03:37 PM
I am not upset about it, since I am hispanic, but I was just making a question because like T-Rock said, if we did something similar as a joke we would be considered racist and we would be yelled at etc. But it is all good, peace Dolphin Bros!

Cranx
06-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Man, the tear are flowing around here today. :cry:

Get over it already people, this isn't a political forum it's a Dolphins forum. :shakeno:

Fresh
06-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Dolphins2002
I am not upset about it, since I am hispanic, but I was just making a question because like T-Rock said, if we did something similar as a joke we would be considered racist and we would be yelled at etc. But it is all good, peace Dolphin Bros!

Actually, I would of laughed. I'm black, I find the black jokes funny too..

Samphin
06-03-2003, 04:34 PM
So I have a question. If all white people look alike, how come I don't get the poontang Brad Pitt, Colin Farrell or Justin Timberlake are getting! All look a like my arse! :lol: Speaking of arse, whew, someone light a match, that chicken went right through me. I think I killed my dog with that one.

Predaphin
06-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Im not offended by either black or white jokes.......

of course I am hispanic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No pun intended.

on a serious note, all in all the people here are great...doesnt matter to me what race.

WharfRat
06-03-2003, 06:10 PM
This is getting moved... I can't believe this went on for so long in the Dolphins forum... :shakeno:

inFINSible
06-03-2003, 06:33 PM
To the POLITICAL/WAR forum?????? :lol:

I guess that's right....I can't think of anywhere else to put it... very funny though.

WharfRat
06-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
To the POLITICAL/WAR forum?????? :lol:

I guess that's right....I can't think of anywhere else to put it... very funny though.

:roflmao:

well...here's how it went...

first I was going to split it.. then realized that the ONLY post that was really on topic..was the first one, so I tried to move it. Somehow I ended up making it a freekin Sticky.... :smackhead:

Then I had to try and think fast... where to put it?? :hmmm:


scrolling through the forum list... I settled for this.... I saw it as the best fit while in a hurry to unstick/move it...

damn...that was an ordeal :whew: ... I need a raise! :club:

:lol:

Migs182005
06-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Quick thinking Wharf ;)

I have no racism towards any type of person. White, black, yellow, red, purple :lol: We are all the same, it's only the neive people that are racist towards other cultures. The other problem is that sometimes, some people of a certain culture might do bad things, and people associate everyone in that culture with doing bad things. If some latins go robbing stores, and killing people, some people associate all latins with that. If some black people go out on the streets and kill people, some people associate all blacks with that.

As you can tell from my first name (Miguel) I'm latin, but born in the US, raised in an American home, but my family is essentially Cuban, Spanish. You actually might not tell that I was hispanic by looking at me, but yet some people have told me to go back on a raft to Cuba, which always cracks me up, because no one in my family has ever gotten to the US in a raft yet because some Cubans have done so, they think all have done so.

Let me tell you how bad of a latin my great grandfather is :rolleyes: He's 87, American, fought in both World Wars, works full time, drives a car, and yes, he still finds time to help me with my Chemistry and Geometry homework. Some people think latins are dumb compared to them, but not so. Man, the things I can tell you guys about what my great grandparents have gone through because of Castro. That man took everything hey had in Cuba twice! which forced them to come to the US with nothing and start anew, but they managed and have lived and still do live very good lives.

Again, I'm not talking to anyone specific, i'm just saying there are some people out there that are like that and they categorize people just by their race. I don't think it's right. We are all equal. I don't see different colors, I see the same one when I look at everyone. I believe that's the way it should be, but sadly that's just not the case with everyone.

On a side note which always gets me laughing when I think about it, but you know how there's the BET network (Black Entertainment). I have no problem with it personally, but some white people do. Could you imagine if some white person decided to make a White Entertainment Channel? :lol: the uproar that people like Jessie Jackson would bring up would be amazing.
:lol: Think about it. :eek:

:whew:

And now that you know my life's story :lol: how bout them Dolphins!!!!? No matter what race you are, smart people can agree that this team kicks a$$ right?!

Samphin
06-03-2003, 07:43 PM
There is a white entertainment television network...its called CBS :lol: JUST A JOKE!

Migs182005
06-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Samphin
There is a white entertainment television network...its called CBS :lol: JUST A JOKE!

:lol:

P4E
06-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Migs, mi amigo...

You need to do a fact check and/or smack your great gramps upside the head. Salute him for his service in WWII (as do I), but... WWI was from 1917 to 1919, during which time gramps was roughly 1 to 3 years old and much more concerned about potty training and just being a maniac in general.:)

All of what I'm saying here is essentially irrelevant, because swallowing hard, picking up a gun, and going up against organized, well-equipt b*stards who want to kill you and your countrymen ONCE in any lifetime means he showed the cajones to put everything on the line. But there's an edit needed in the info you related.

For what it's worth... my own great grandfather was court-martialed for "misbehaviour before the enemy... running away from his post, which he was commanded to defend... desertion... and conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman." He was ACQUITTED of all charges, but apparently took some personal offense: He went on to become the first-ever recipient of New Jersey's Distinquished Service Medal. Not a bad comeback from a bunch of B.S. :)

Migs182005
06-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Migs, mi amigo...

You need to do a fact check and/or smack your great gramps upside the head. Salute him for his service in WWII (as do I), but... WWI was from 1917 to 1919, during which time gramps was roughly 1 to 3 years old and much more concerned about potty training and just being a maniac in general.:)

All of what I'm saying here is essentially irrelevant, because swallowing hard, picking up a gun, and going up against organized, well-equipt b*stards who want to kill you and your countrymen ONCE in any lifetime means he showed the cajones to put everything on the line. But there's an edit needed in the info you related.

For what it's worth... my own great grandfather was court-martialed for "misbehaviour before the enemy... running away from his post, which he was commanded to defend... desertion... and conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman." He was ACQUITTED of all charges, but apparently took some personal offense: He went on to become the first-ever recipient of New Jersey's Distinquished Service Medal. Not a bad comeback from a bunch of B.S. :)

Phan4ever, I think I'm the one that needs a smack across the head :lol: I can't believe I said WWI. I guess I was just very pasionate at the time when I wrote this :lol:

To set the record staight ;) He faught in WWII and WWII alone. thanks for pointing it out to me

LeftCoastPhin
06-04-2003, 12:00 PM
DK2: I've given you crap before, so it's only right for me to express my agreement with you. Stand your ground and think your thoughts, even if people like me have given you a hard time. Filter out what you need and dont need and keep thinking for yourself. You've come a long way in a short time. I thought your posts were fairly tactful.

I wasn't offended per say, but I must admit that joke had double standard written all over it. But hey, it was meant as harmless so I'll try to take it that way and as always keeping in mind it was one persons thoughts.

Peace......and if I may offer one more thought while trying my best not to sound like I'm lecturing because I'm not:

Nobody likes to be labeled or generalized for whatever reasons, so it goes back to the golden rule. That said, hey, it was ONLY a joke.