PDA

View Full Version : Pat yourselves on the back Dolfans!!!

DolfanTom
01-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Look, guys, if there's one really positive thing today, it's that - after all this franchise has put us through in recent memory - we're all still fans!! Yep, we're not bandwagoners in any way. We're true blue through and through - and that is something to be proud of! If we're true fans now, we know we always will be!!!

Like me, I'm thinking most of us fell in love w/ this franchise during one of two eras. One, you're an old man and saw us through the glory years in the 70s when losing just didn't happen very often, and championships - and legit attempts at them - were commonplace. Two, you saw the magical arm of Danny Boy and just couldn't stop watching. Being 33, I'm in that number two category. Heck, even those in category one probably were boosted in their fanship by number two!

Anyways, point I'm trying to make is we always saw our team reach a level of basic winning - that is, we won more than we lost almost all the time, with a few 8-8s thrown in. While we weren't rewarded w/ championships after the 70s, or even a SuperBowl appearance after 84, we were always treated to something to cheer about year in and year out. We basically came to expect it!! Well, my friends, my - how times have changed!!! And it's even tougher on us as we just don't have the terrible history of some other franchises (Bills, Jets) for reference on how to deal w/ it. It's come at us like a kick in the groin when we were expecting a hug! Just look at what we've dealt w/ ... starting in '00:

-Dave Wannstache was named head coach
-Wannstache teased us w/ an overachieving season in '00, leading us to believe he might be a great coach
-Two words: Jay Fielder
-Failure to improve on Jay Fiedler in '01 or '02
-Bringing Ricky in w/ much fanfare. We thought he was the missing piece to like a 14-2 SuperBowl run. Then we go 9-7 in '02, losing our last two games in heartbreak fashion while controlling our destiny.
-Having a decent season in '03, only to be unlucky and be left out of the playoffs at 10-6. One more win would have put us there ... but see "Jay Fiedler"
-Wanny turns Ricky into a human donkey, rushing him about 56,000 times in '03
-Ricky bolts on the eve of training camp '04.
-2004 (do I really need to explain anything here?)
-We're all saved! Nick Saban is named our coach on Christmas '04. He'll save the day for sure. Most of us love him and he comes in w/ such reputation and fanfare, we figure we can't lose!
-We go 9-7 in '05 w/ a six-game winning streak to end the season, leading us all to believe (and why wouldn't we) that we were back and better than ever! We would dominate!!!
-Based on that six-game streak, and the trade for what we thought was a real QB, and because two publications had us in the SB in their pre-season issues, we figured we were great and had insane expectations for 2006. Even the most pessimistic fan figured 10 wins and playoffs were a given. We couldn't be stopped ....
- .... then we started off 1-6 and the season was over by the bye week.
-Nick Saban (Not going to go into this cause we all know what I would say, and I'm tired of typing)
-Now what??

So, if you're a true fan today, you always will be! Pat yourself on the back right now!!! And Go :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:!

Capt. Dick
01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Well stated, Tom.

BwanaZulia
01-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Good stuff.

Also, you are lucky to be in the NEW NFL where rebuilding is done in the off season with free agency and the draft. Teams can go from 4-12 to 10-6 in one year.

While I feel sorry for the Dolphins now, come Sept the smack will be back in full. ;)

BZ

DolfanTom
01-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Good stuff.

Also, you are lucky to be in the NEW NFL where rebuilding is done in the off season with free agency and the draft. Teams can go from 4-12 to 10-6 in one year.

While I feel sorry for the Dolphins now, come Sept the smack will be back in full. ;)

BZYes it will. While I now am fully supporting you this Sunday (I really am), I'll be the biggest Charger fan or whatever the next week :wink:

And as far as '07 smack .... just wait till the draft :lol:

DolfanTom
01-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Well stated, Tom.:wink:

Yeah, I'm just trying to imagine it being worse than it is now. Suppose we could be Lion fans - they're KEEPING Millen???? :confused::shakeno::eek:

Kinzua
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Look, guys, if there's one really positive thing today, it's that - after all this franchise has put us through in recent memory - we're all still fans!! Yep, we're not bandwagoners in any way. We're true blue through and through - and that is something to be proud of! If we're true fans now, we know we always will be!!!

Like me, I'm thinking most of us fell in love w/ this franchise during one of two eras. One, you're an old man and saw us through the glory years in the 70s when losing just didn't happen very often, and championships - and legit attempts at them - were commonplace. Two, you saw the magical arm of Danny Boy and just couldn't stop watching. Being 33, I'm in that number two category. Heck, even those in category one probably were boosted in their fanship by number two!

Anyways, point I'm trying to make is we always saw our team reach a level of basic winning - that is, we won more than we lost almost all the time, with a few 8-8s thrown in. While we weren't rewarded w/ championships after the 70s, or even a SuperBowl appearance after 84, we were always treated to something to cheer about year in and year out. We basically came to expect it!! Well, my friends, my - how times have changed!!! And it's even tougher on us as we just don't have the terrible history of some other franchises (Bills, Jets) for reference on how to deal w/ it. It's come at us like a kick in the groin when we were expecting a hug! Just look at what we've dealt w/ ... starting in '00:

-Wannstache teased us w/ an overachieving season in '00, leading us to believe he might be a great coach
-Bringing Ricky in w/ much fanfare. We thought he was the missing piece to like a 14-2 SuperBowl run. Then we go 9-7 in '02, losing our last two games in heartbreak fashion while controlling our destiny.
-Having a decent season in '03, only to be unlucky and be left out of the playoffs at 10-6. One more win would have put us there ... but see "Jay Fiedler"
-We're all saved! Nick Saban is named our coach on Christmas '04. He'll save the day for sure. Most of us love him and he comes in w/ such reputation and fanfare, we figure we can't lose!
-We go 9-7 in '05 w/ a six-game winning streak to end the season, leading us all to believe (and why wouldn't we) that we were back and better than ever! We would dominate!!!
-Based on that six-game streak, and the trade for what we thought was a real QB, and because two publications had us in the SB in their pre-season issues, we figured we were great and had insane expectations for 2006. Even the most pessimistic fan figured 10 wins and playoffs were a given. We couldn't be stopped ....
-Nick Saban (Not going to go into this cause we all know what I would say, and I'm tired of typing)
-Now what??

- H. Wayne hires fired Giants coach Tom Coughlin after watching the Giants lose their WC game 31-17 on the theory that Coughlin's neurotic behavior will seem comforting to the Carp players who miss Saban's rants. :yes:

- JT and ZT decide Coughlin is too bizarre to put with and retire. :yes:

- Daunte's ego as well as his knee give out under TC's constant criticism and he's reduced to a gimpy mistake-prone QB who can't read defenses and makes bad decisions ... ooops, I guess that's not Coughlin's fault since that's the QB Saban traded for!!! :broken:

- "With the 1st pick in the 2008 draft, the Miami Dolphins choose ..." :sidelol:

Type-O
01-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Nice post. Yes indeed,all 5 of you,pat yourselves on the back. well done.:lol:
and may you fill a 6th seat at the home games next year

DolfanTom
01-04-2007, 11:53 AM
- H. Wayne hires fired Giants coach Tom Coughlin after watching the Giants lose their WC game 31-17 on the theory that Coughlin's neurotic behavior will seem comforting to the Carp players who miss Saban's rants. :yes:

- JT and ZT decide Coughlin is too bizarre to put with and retire. :yes:

- Daunte's ego as well as his knee give out under TC's constant criticism and he's reduced to a gimpy mistake-prone QB who can't read defenses and makes bad decisions ... ooops, I guess that's not Coughlin's fault since that's the QB Saban traded for!!! :broken:

- "With the 1st pick in the 2008 draft, the Miami Dolphins choose ..." :sidelol: ... John David Booty!!!!

Kinz, I really hope we steal Nate Clemons from you now!:lol:

DolfanTom
01-04-2007, 11:53 AM
and may you fill a 6th seat at the home games next yearAbout the same you had after you were 1-15 :wink:

Capt. Dick
01-04-2007, 12:02 PM
:wink:

Yeah, I'm just trying to imagine it being worse than it is now. Suppose we could be Lion fans - they're KEEPING Millen???? :confused::shakeno::eek:

Yeah, Millen`s GOT to know where the body`s buried!

Mike13
01-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Why the hell give up now? We've been through worse.

they're KEEPING Millen???? :confused::shakeno::eek:

Hey that means another WR for them!:lol:

DolfanTom
01-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Millen`s GOT to know where the body`s buried!Or he's got naked pictures of the Fords ...

Or, he has the secret to the 150 MPG car, and is holding out on the Fords for a while.

BleedinGreenNC
01-05-2007, 03:21 PM
and may you fill a 6th seat at the home games next year

OUCH!! Nasty today, are you not?

retired opfinistic
01-05-2007, 03:33 PM

-Now what??

So, if you're a true fan today, you always will be! Pat yourself on the back right now!!! And Go :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:!Nice post bro! We lived the dream for a while, now things are kinda sucky. but that winning tradition is in our blood! Like Arnie said: "I'll be back."

BleedinGreenNC
01-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Dolphins = Playoff bound!!!

In 2020.:D

retired opfinistic
01-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Dolphins = Playoff bound!!!

In 2020.:D
:fire:

PatriotReign
01-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Well at least the Dolphins have been steadily consistent over the past few years in two important areas....

1. Hiring former short bus alumni as coaches.

2. Playing God awful QB's.

Well done kool aid drinkers!:sidelol:

BleedinGreenNC
01-05-2007, 05:07 PM
The wheels on the bus go round and round!:sidelol:

DolfanTom
01-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Well at least the Dolphins have been steadily consistent over the past few years in two important areas....

1. Hiring former short bus alumni as coaches.

2. Playing God awful QB's.

Well done kool aid drinkers!:sidelol:What a dumbass you are dude.

I was talking about how if you're still a fan NOW, admittedly after things have been down for a while - you'll be a fan always.

No Kool Aid to drink right now, I'm afraid.

DolfanTom
01-06-2007, 09:51 AM
OUCH!! Nasty today, are you not?

Bleedn' - what was your take on Jet fandom in January '97?

BleedinGreenNC
01-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Bleedn' - what was your take on Jet fandom in January '97?

I have been a Jet's fan all my life and i will die a Jet's fan.

like2god
01-06-2007, 04:01 PM
I have been a Jet's fan all my life and i will die a Jet's fan.
Some people are just born losers, I guess. :lol:

PatriotReign
01-06-2007, 05:20 PM

A Fin (as in Finished) calling a Jet fan a loser?! Last time I checked the Jets were in the playoffs and have a quality coach and QB. Hey why don't you guys trot out ol' ringless Dan Marino, he couldn't possibly do any worse than Cleo the Lemon and Joey Dope...:sidelol:

BleedinGreenNC
01-07-2007, 10:43 AM

:D